REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-25-2022, 10:05 PM   #3826
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
The island is very left but because it is one of the best places in Canada you get a lot of people from places like Alberta.

Anyone know what happened to the anti sogi candidates? You don't see then anymore.
Not sure if sunshine coast is any different but I remember going there earlier this year and seeing a bunch of Canada flags and freedom convoy folks driving up and down Sunshine Coast Highway along the water before Sechelt near Wobbly Canoe.
Advertisement
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 10:42 AM   #3827
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,398 Times in 3,473 Posts

So that is PP with Jeremey Mackenzie the guy who wants to make a country called diagolon. It would run from Alaska to Florida.

This is PP's twitter today.

Old 09-26-2022, 10:46 AM   #3828
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
PP doesn't seem overly familiar with the guy in the photo based on the body language. Seems like a polite convo at a meet-and-greet.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 10:48 AM   #3829
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
The island is very left but because it is one of the best places in Canada you get a lot of people from places like Alberta.

I have curly hair and a big nose. I was called "Jew" in high school.

There are pockets of loud leftism but its rural in population and mindset outside of the bigger areas.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 11:03 AM   #3830
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,400 Times in 5,672 Posts
Legit question for those who thought the arivecan app was a Legitimate thing and actually had a purpose

Where are you now? Why wasn’t it?..
Old 09-26-2022, 11:05 AM   #3831
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,553 Times in 5,152 Posts
I said several times that I didn't enjoy using it/didn't like it............. but that I knew of several parents that enjoyed using it because they were able to collate all their family documents in one electronic location.

It's not much, but that's definitely 1 positive I suppose.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 11:30 AM   #3832
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,315 Times in 2,518 Posts
It was a legitimate attempt to streamline the border crossing process at the time when it was first introduced because the focus was on the medical aspect of the app. It was primarily meant to collect and ensure vaccination info was complete.

Over time, the greedy bastards at CBSA noticed how well it was working for them, and the focus got shifted. The CBSA wanted it to become their border crossing pre-screening tool and tried to get away with it. It is good that privacy watchdogs and the general public balked at the attempt and pushed back.

I am still going to use it if it can get me through the border more quickly. But the important thing is -- its usage at this point should be voluntary, not mandatory.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-26-2022, 12:00 PM   #3833
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,613 Times in 1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Not sure if sunshine coast is any different but I remember going there earlier this year and seeing a bunch of Canada flags and freedom convoy folks driving up and down Sunshine Coast Highway along the water before Sechelt near Wobbly Canoe.
They pretty much are, it's an odd mix like the island.

Much of my family live in Gibsons and Robert's Creek -- they're a bunch of hippy/center left conspiracy folks. A lot of the people who work at the mill and such are definitely rightwing freedum convoy types, but I'd say it's more a blend of white hippy boomers, which is a difficult demo to predict politically.

They might be vegan, enjoy SUPing and kayaking, and yet believe in esoteric rightwing conspiracies. While others are hardcore super left.

It's an oddball mix.
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2022, 12:18 PM   #3834

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
PP doesn't seem overly familiar with the guy in the photo based on the body language. Seems like a polite convo at a meet-and-greet.
But he seems to be OK with people wanting to Fuck Trudeau so why not his wife?
Old 09-26-2022, 12:30 PM   #3835

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
It was a legitimate attempt to streamline the border crossing process at the time when it was first introduced because the focus was on the medical aspect of the app. It was primarily meant to collect and ensure vaccination info was complete.

Over time, the greedy bastards at CBSA noticed how well it was working for them, and the focus got shifted. The CBSA wanted it to become their border crossing pre-screening tool and tried to get away with it. It is good that privacy watchdogs and the general public balked at the attempt and pushed back.

I am still going to use it if it can get me through the border more quickly. But the important thing is -- its usage at this point should be voluntary, not mandatory.
Lol @ using it when it’s “optional” actually thinking it’s going to streamline your crossing. Are you insane? Lol…

Please explain how it’s going to expedite your crossing when none of the information you’re entering is relevant to the crossing?
Old 09-26-2022, 12:56 PM   #3836
Performance Moderator

Angry drunk
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2022, 02:35 PM   #3837
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,188 Times in 7,167 Posts
Honestly PPs statement is totally reasonable. Handled that exactly how he should have.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2022, 03:15 PM   #3838
Performance Moderator

I have to admit I laughed a bit, I've never heard a politician call someone a dirtbag. That was pretty awesome lol
Old 09-26-2022, 05:12 PM   #3839
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,717 Times in 1,056 Posts
https://www.thebeaverton.com/2022/09...ples-families/

Quote:
“I’m a family values Conservative,” Poilievre explained, his glasses fogging from the heat of his angry little breaths. “This means that I only value my family, and not anyone else’s.”
as always w beaverton - good for a chuckle and then a sad sigh of acceptance of how thin the line is between satire and present reality
The Producer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2022, 08:18 PM   #3840

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Honestly PPs statement is totally reasonable. Handled that exactly how he should have.
But he claims to be a freedom fighter and he want's to make Canada the freest country in the world. He has no problem with the same people attacking others.

https://twitter.com/ShawnaGofABPoli/...cRSJOl1yA&s=19
Old 09-26-2022, 08:42 PM   #3841
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,038 Times in 1,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Legit question for those who thought the arivecan app was a Legitimate thing and actually had a purpose

Where are you now? Why wasn’t it?..
It served a purpose when Canada was trying to manage Covid ... government needed to keep track of folks who were vaccinated or unvaccinated coming into the country. it served its purpose so what's the problem with axxing it now? For you, it's like damned if they do and damned if they don't.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 08:59 PM   #3842
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,315 Times in 2,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Lol @ using it when it’s “optional” actually thinking it’s going to streamline your crossing. Are you insane? Lol…

Please explain how it’s going to expedite your crossing when none of the information you’re entering is relevant to the crossing?
The joke is on you if you think the CBSA wouldn't one way or another take more time with a border crosser if they didn't do an ArriveCAN submission. Besides, you need to provide your passport / NEXUS info in the ArriveCAN app, and that piece of information is absolutely relevant to the crossing.

I am not sure if you understand that when you willingly cross an international border, you are not entitled to the same rights as the time when you are already physically present in the country. CBSA is allowed (by law) to obtain certain information about you when you cross the border, whereas a peace officer may not have the same authority to obtain that information from you if you were just standing around on Canadian soil.

Also, I should add that I have every expectation that with ArriveCAN becoming optional, CBSA is gonna run away with it and roll additional functions into it. Pre-clearance declaration of some sort is the obvious functionality that will get added, and I'm sure CBSA have at least a few other ideas of what they can do with a border entry app. Another likely possibility is how there will be dedicated express lanes of some sort at the port of entry for people who have already completed the ArriveCAN submission. It is not difficult to come up with incentives to entice people to use the app when they can offer real benefits to the app users.

Last edited by Traum; 09-26-2022 at 09:20 PM.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 10:06 PM   #3843
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,206 Times in 385 Posts
Quote:
But he claims to be a freedom fighter and he want's to make Canada the freest country in the world. He has no problem with the same people attacking others.

https://twitter.com/ShawnaGofABPoli/...cRSJOl1yA&s=19
Twitter is a soap opera cesspool, why put those weeds in your garden?
Old 09-26-2022, 11:51 PM   #3844

I guess my view point is only from flying into Canada, I never go to the states, don’t care to. So when you’re returning via a plane the arrivecan app seemed completely irrelevant because you still have to go through all the same process in terms of customs, scanning your passport, and talking to the guy in the booth regardless of the app or not
Old 09-27-2022, 12:16 AM   #3845

Thanked 8,934 Times in 3,883 Posts
Maybe it was a fluke, but I've never had the border agents let me through faster than when I was crossing a couple weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Another likely possibility is how there will be dedicated express lanes of some sort at the port of entry for people who have already completed the ArriveCAN submission.
That'd be nice, anything that lets me avoid being delayed when I travel by boomers who are too stupid to be able to use an app or a kiosk or whatever is always a plus.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 07:24 AM   #3846
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,152 Times in 389 Posts
YVR Preclearance has been added to the US Customs app.

Outside of having the kids info all together when using it, I'm not sure how much time this will save us when traveling via the US. We already have Nexus, so we already use the global entry and TSA PreCheck lines. Even at the height of the recent delays at YVR, it only took us 30 mins total to clear security and US Customs. If they add the app users to the nexus line, that'll make that line slower.
https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citize...ssport-control
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 09:35 AM   #3847
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,760 Times in 1,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikoyan View Post
YVR Preclearance has been added to the US Customs app.

Outside of having the kids info all together when using it, I'm not sure how much time this will save us when traveling via the US. We already have Nexus, so we already use the global entry and TSA PreCheck lines. Even at the height of the recent delays at YVR, it only took us 30 mins total to clear security and US Customs. If they add the app users to the nexus line, that'll make that line slower.
https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citize...ssport-control
Nexus/Global Entry would get you the quickest way through. This new app is mainly designed for people who don't have it to streamline the process prior of getting to security/immigration.

The new Global Entry system at major US airports is absolutely banana. I flew in a month ago to LAX, the system scanned my face and that's all it needed. No passport or Nexus card. Nada... and I was cleared faster than my car doing 1/4miles
Old 09-27-2022, 04:56 PM   #3848

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I have to admit I laughed a bit, I've never heard a politician call someone a dirtbag. That was pretty awesome lol
He tries to be relatable using "dirtbag" and then turns around and uses "odious" mere sentences later sounding like a mf Shakespearean villain.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2022, 03:06 PM   #3849

Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,163 Posts

This popped up in my algorithm recently
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 02:29 AM   #3850

https://globalnews.ca/news/8701245/f...sos-march/amp/

We live in a first world, G7 country and its citizens can’t afford to eat.. lol