REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-29-2024, 12:38 PM   #6151
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,855 Times in 1,785 Posts
Lol. Considering the youngest Millennial is around 28 now, I should hope they're well out of school at this point and aren't going to be softened by this....
Advertisement
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-29-2024, 12:57 PM   #6152
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,948 Times in 3,887 Posts
If a millennial is still in high school I think they have bigger problems than a change in required reading material.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 01:27 PM   #6153

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
I dunno, I feel like my 70 year old dad has a lot more tech skill with using computers and devices than most of the millenial and Gen X clods that I see around in the construction industry.

Like one of the larger victoria region mech contractors in town, started up around for 16 years ago, still doesn't even run their own DNS alias for emails. Everyone in their company still is just @shaw.ca.
100% there are all types. The guy who trained me was still doing all his estimating with coloured pencil crayons and ledgers he'd fill out by hand. He was doing this until he finally passed away about 6 years, it was crazy to me I can estimate 3-4x faster than he could using software.

My dad on the other hand, he's in early 70s and still estimates for a contractor in Sask but he's always been on the cutting edge. He was one of the first adapters of the estimating software I'm still using today back before you could even import drawings and everything was done on a tablet with a stylus.

Technology can't be overlooked, you gotta adapt and learn all the time or you just get left behind.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 01:35 PM   #6154
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,403 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
??!! Why? Do we really want to soften the millenials in Surrey?

Surrey schools pull To Kill a Mockingbird and other books from recommended reading curriculum
https://vancouversun.com/news/local-...ing-curriculum

“We did a comprehensive review of these resources that determined that the merits of these novels do not outweigh the potential trauma and harm they may cause to some students,” she said.
Lol you're probably a Millennial as well dude. Or do you think Millennials are just forever people in their teens and 20s. Oh wait

The decision is still a woke one, but it's not really because they think kids are "soft" it's because they don't want to highlight oppressed minority stories written by a white author.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 01:54 PM   #6155
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,254 Times in 1,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
The decision is still a woke one, but it's not really because they think kids are "soft" it's because they don't want to highlight oppressed minority stories written by a white author.
Ask Google Gemini for a picture of the author and she'll look like Aunt Jemima
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 01:54 PM   #6156
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,403 Times in 5,675 Posts
7 year old kids watching people get executed on instagram, yet too fragile to read to kill a mockingbird.

Good luck future
Old 02-29-2024, 02:08 PM   #6157
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,049 Times in 1,926 Posts
what the hell are they called after Millenials?
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 02:16 PM   #6158
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,403 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
what the hell are they called after Millenials?
There's two full generations now that are past Millennials:

Gen Z - Age 13 - 27

Gen Alpha - Age 12 and under

People still young enough to be reading To Kill a Mockingbird in school are the children of the Millennials (Gen Alpha).

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-29-2024, 02:40 PM   #6159

Brian Mulroney passed away at age of 84 .. whatever you think of him, he did serve the country. I mean you can disagree with Cons political views but overall, he was a decent guy. No scandals that I can recall.

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2024/0...ead-at-age-84/
Old 02-29-2024, 02:56 PM   #6160

Ah yes, the guy that implemented GST! So popular it practically obliterated his party in the next election.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

This post thanked by:
Old 02-29-2024, 03:34 PM   #6161

Thanked 7,403 Times in 3,475 Posts
Quote:
Brian Mulroney passed away at age of 84 .. whatever you think of him, he did serve the country. I mean you can disagree with Cons political views but overall, he was a decent guy. No scandals that I can recall.

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2024/0...ead-at-age-84/
Forget the airbus bribe scandal where he and his buddy took money so the government owned airline would by planes from airbus.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airb...%20of%20Canada.
Old 02-29-2024, 03:40 PM   #6162

^ if that's the best you can do, spit in the bucket compared to JT!
This post thanked by:
Old 02-29-2024, 03:54 PM   #6163

If we're going to play "rate the scandals", at least the whole SNC Lavalin thing was to bring business TO a Canadian company, not give it away.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

Old 02-29-2024, 04:58 PM   #6164

lol how about Bombardier?

The fiasco with the F35’s?

And those are just the aviation related ones..

Fucking JT bails out a company that makes fucking PRIVATE JETS all the while fucking over everyone with carbon tax on heating their homes…

Btw.. no one’s mentioned that Quebec now wants out of the federal pharmacare as well.

When JT eventually leaves he leaves Canada in a divided state it’s never even been close to before, well done. Everyone is substantially worse off for it.
Old 02-29-2024, 05:32 PM   #6165

Thanked 31,198 Times in 7,171 Posts
lol comments like this are so stupid man. Blaming JT for dumb shit he has done makes sense, but acting like he has responsibility to bear for the division of Canada is absolutely potato brained. Every country with a democracy is like this now because they are in echo chambers on social media surrounded by the same dumb fucks with the same opinions as them and only the information they like.
If anyone is responsible for how fucked we are, it's honestly zuck.
The guy is a fucking supervillain. He's basically made 90% of the population retarded for the sake of advertising revenue and data analytics.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-29-2024, 05:37 PM   #6166

Obviously at this point in this thread/discussion when I or anyone else really says “JT” it’s referring to the liberal party and to a lesser extent, their NDP coalition

Of course I’m not just always harping here like he, one person, is responsible for this mess. But he is the figurehead of this shit show
Old 02-29-2024, 05:39 PM   #6167

Thanked 31,198 Times in 7,171 Posts
Again, it's not the parties creating the division, it's the fucking idiots that make up the population. It's like trump. All he was is the personification of the dumbest fucks in America. The population is the problem.
It's because politics has just become a sport where everyone is blindly cheering for their favourite team and hating the rivals. They have no real idea what the fuck is going on and want the other parties to fail out of spite. I'd love for the cons to sweep in and save the country but that's not on the table because all they want to do is "stick it to the libs"
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 05:49 PM   #6168

Well you can’t fuck people over and not expect the most likely outcome.

Decimate oil and gas, our only leverage into a “green” future, enact legislation and taxation which punishes the people and places that thrive on said industry, and in turn take money out of their pockets and in some cases, destroy peoples livelihoods all together

And then when you get a premier who wants to at least feign standing up for her constituents in Alberta and now everyone just thinks Alberta is just hillbillies and idiots?

The liberal party very much drove that division.

I agree shit ain’t gonna get better under the cons, but blame deserves to go where it belongs. Trudeau ain’t gonna give 2 shits what’s happens when he’s gone. He’s almost at the level of personal wealth to buy one of the global express jets he propped up (well maybe a used one)
Old 02-29-2024, 09:41 PM   #6169

Thanked 7,403 Times in 3,475 Posts
Lying brian. He sold off petrocan. Image if Canada still owned it. All those profits could have gone into Canadian pockets. Also could have kept gas prices in check.

From Wikipedia.
Quote:
He was criticized for his role in the resurgence of Quebec nationalism

Last edited by Manic!; 02-29-2024 at 09:51 PM.
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 05:26 AM   #6170
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 8,815 Times in 3,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
There's two full generations now that are past Millennials:

Gen Trash - Age 13 - 27

Gen Even more Garbage - Age 12 and under

People still young enough to be reading To Kill a Mockingbird in school are the children of the Millennials (Gen Alpha).
Fixed it for ya
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 07:08 AM   #6171

Thanked 2,356 Times in 975 Posts

Brian Mulroney passed away today; 84. Probably the only PM I remembered when I was a kid learning about our leaders in social studies.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 08:03 AM   #6172

Thanked 8,948 Times in 3,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Every country with a democracy is like this now because they are in echo chambers on social media surrounded by the same dumb fucks with the same opinions as them and only the information they like.
And a shitload of Russian bots. idk if you guys saw the Reddit recaps from a couple months back but this is from r/Lethbridge, r/Sherwoodpark is the same along with a bunch of others.

1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2024, 08:41 AM   #6173

Lol, so my mom keeps a scrapbook with some of my old childhood stuff. She scanned and sent me this yesterday, I wrote it in Grade 7:

2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2024, 09:15 AM   #6174

Another gooder from the libs, they did everything they could to hide this until they couldn’t any longer.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...innipeg-biolab
Old 03-01-2024, 09:43 AM   #6175
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,317 Times in 2,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Lying brian. He sold off petrocan. Image if Canada still owned it. All those profits could have gone into Canadian pockets. Also could have kept gas prices in check.

From Wikipedia.

He was criticized for his role in the resurgence of Quebec nationalism
I am not saying you're wrong about selling PetroCanada, but I do want to point out that you are speaking in a position with 30+ years' worth of hindsight. And while we are at it, if you wanted to look at PetroCanada under that scope, you'd also need to look at all the other ex-crown corps that Mulroney has sold. Were they equally bad decisions as well? In Air Canada's case, for example, I don't feel like it was a poor decision.

(Admittedly, I don't really know much about the others.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Another gooder from the libs, they did everything they could to hide this until they couldn’t any longer.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...innipeg-biolab
As someone who tends to follow China-related news rather closely, I have always been surprised by how there wasn't more outrage from the general public at the time when the news broke out. That is -- the news that this Winnipeg level 4 biolab PhD researcher + husband collaborated with China and gave them "stuff". And this news broke out right at the height of COVID, so the timing should have triggered the speculation that the Chinese Canadian researcher might have had a hand in bioengineering the COVID virus.

I don't think the media was slow or incompetent in reporting this news -- I have read plenty about the security breach at the time. However, I would say that the lack of public shock, interest, and pressure were really what allowed Turd to get away with not disclosing more on the issue. So I don't blame Turd for not disclosing more on the topic. Instead, I blame the public for not dialing up the outrage and hold Turd's feet to the fire. Bringing the issue back up now seems more like an act of striking Turd now that he is down (in the dumps at the polls).
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: