REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 08-18-2022, 12:12 PM   #751
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
On the computer there definitely seems to be some weirdness I think because it’s cross platform. Initially I was playing with my two friends who were on PS and we were almost never matched up wit other PC players.

Even now they seem to sort people by console, we are almost always with other PS players unless another guy we play with joins on his Xbox
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2022, 07:43 AM   #752
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
oh maybe i'll try SMG's, i've only been using assault rifles as that's historically what i usually main when i played black ops 1 and 2.

but when you fall, you have to look for weapons anyway like fortnite so i feel like i tend to end up with junk (or nothing, ppl seem to drop and already have a loadout and i just have a pistol?!)

i'm too noob at warzone

i'd be ok with just being paired up with console. i think people playing on PC would crush me even more than the beating i get

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2022, 11:35 PM   #753
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Death Stranding on Game Pass

Not to make fun of it, but I literally just fell asleep during one of the first cutscenes.. TBF I am quite tired today
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 12:36 PM   #754

http://www.redflagdeals.com/latest-n...crease-canada/

$20 price increase for PS5 in Canada

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

Old 09-14-2022, 02:40 PM   #755
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts

Good week to be a Yakuza fan.

Yesterday at Playstation's State of Play they announced Yakuza Ishin being released for the first time outside Japan.

Then Sega announced two more games today.

Yakuza Gaiden - Follows Kiryu between the end Yakuza 6 and start of 8. Traditional Yakuza action beat-em-up gameplay.

Yakuza 8 - Follows Ichiban and the return of Kiryu. Same RPG style as Yakuza 7.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 04:36 AM   #756
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Kenny Omega got scanned for one of those games

im so hyped for this lol
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 09:54 AM   #757
Say! Say! Say!

Maybe Yakuza 8
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Old 09-16-2022, 10:26 AM   #758
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,559 Times in 1,709 Posts
Great.. More Japanese games..

When I was younger they connected with me more, nowadays I find most of them just not connecting with me from a story perspective anymore.

I swear the way Microsoft is buying up all these American devs PS will pretty much become pretty much a Japanese exclusives only platform in the future
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2022, 12:48 PM   #759

I listen to a few gaming podcasts and they made some good points in a recent one

Both MS and Sony are caring less and less about physical hardware, the money is in subscription based services. It’s pretty clear in a decade from now places like gamestop etc. will be done and in order to play the newest releases you’re either gonna be paying $100+ a pop for a game, or you’re going to be on a $20 a month subscription service
Old 09-16-2022, 02:16 PM   #760
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Great.. More Japanese games..

When I was younger they connected with me more, nowadays I find most of them just not connecting with me from a story perspective anymore.

I swear the way Microsoft is buying up all these American devs PS will pretty much become pretty much a Japanese exclusives only platform in the future
Yeah, it's the Tokyo Game Show this week so big announcements the last two days from Sega, Capcom, etc.

Nintendo and Sony did their own announcements earlier in the week.

Nothing major from Microsoft that I liked.

These were the games that interested me the most aside from the Yakuza announcements.

We'll finally be getting some good games for the PS5 later this year into 2023.

Based on upcoming release schedules, I expect God of War to be GOTY 2022 and Zelda to be GOTY 2023.

Last edited by Razor Ramon HG; 09-16-2022 at 02:23 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2022, 03:53 PM   #761

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
I listen to a few gaming podcasts and they made some good points in a recent one

Both MS and Sony are caring less and less about physical hardware, the money is in subscription based services. It’s pretty clear in a decade from now places like gamestop etc. will be done and in order to play the newest releases you’re either gonna be paying $100+ a pop for a game, or you’re going to be on a $20 a month subscription service
So I guess I shouldn't invest in Gamestop eh?

Anything exciting for 2023 on PS5 that isn't a Japanese game?

I've been a diehard PS guy from the jump but the games coming out on Xbox seem more appealing to me, might have to pull the trigger and sell this damn thing next year and switch up, and no I don't care to have both consoles, I barely play the PS5 as it is.
Old 09-16-2022, 03:54 PM   #762

MW2? Lol another rehash

Looks pretty dope though
Old 09-16-2022, 04:02 PM   #763

I doubt anything beats Elden Ring for GOTY this year

Zelda is the only game that interests me there. I used to love Japanese games, especially RPGs. They're so cringy now though.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2022, 04:08 PM   #764

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post

Zelda is the only game that interests me there. I used to love Japanese games, especially RPGs. They're so cringy now though.
Same boat. Back in the day I used to love Japanese RPGs. Played the FF7 remake recently and was thinking to myself, how the fuck did I like this crap? My GF was laughing at me during the dialog moments, ended up quitting the game before endgame.

Had enough grunts, "ughhs" and "hmmmmms" in the cut scenes, I find the writing in Japanese games to be so completely childish at this age.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2022, 04:32 PM   #765

i decided to bite the bullet on series x when it came in to stock on amazon and news they bought blizzard

only game i can think of that's exclusive on PS that i'd want to play is gran turismo, but i hear forza is just as good. haven't tried yet as i don't have a racing wheel yet.

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2022, 04:57 PM   #766

GT is like the worst GT ever, you’re not missing much
Old 09-16-2022, 05:10 PM   #767

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
i decided to bite the bullet on series x when it came in to stock on amazon and news they bought blizzard

only game i can think of that's exclusive on PS that i'd want to play is gran turismo, but i hear forza is just as good. haven't tried yet as i don't have a racing wheel yet.
The current Forza (Horizons) is more arcadey. You'll want to wait for the next mainline Forza game, which I think comes out next year.
Old 09-16-2022, 05:11 PM   #768
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post

I love Elden Ring as a Soulsborne veteran don't get me wrong, but if the upcoming GOW builds upon the first one I'm pretty confident GOW will win. I think the only thing that Elden Ring exceeds in is the open world/exploration feature of the game, but everything else for the most part played like the usual Souls games before it.

Of course, this is just my opinion and is all speculation until GOW actually releases and I have it in my hands. I already preordered it, so I just hope Best Buy delivers it on time. Don't preorder anything on Amazon, you'll get it days later speaking from experience.

Old 09-16-2022, 05:24 PM   #769
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Anything exciting for 2023 on PS5 that isn't a Japanese game?

I've been a diehard PS guy from the jump but the games coming out on Xbox seem more appealing to me, might have to pull the trigger and sell this damn thing next year and switch up, and no I don't care to have both consoles, I barely play the PS5 as it is.
I would probably swap it out for a Xbox Series X to be honest if you're not into Japanese made games. Most exclusive games to PS5 will be created by a Japanese company aside from the occasional releases by Sony - upcoming ones like Spider Man 2, God of War, etc. Everything else will have a Xbox port at launch or eventually be released on it.

I think you'd enjoy Game Pass as well on Xbox. You can get a year's worth of subscription for like $30 following the steps on Redflagdeals.

With Microsoft buying Bethesda, you'll get all their new games for free and it also extends to PC. Starfield looks pretty good and it'll be included with Game Pass and probably all future Beneatha releases. This is in addition to the giant catalog of good games already on Game Pass - Mass Effect, Skyrim, Hades, Forza, Halo, etc.

Since Microsoft is in the middle of acquiring Activision, games like Diablo 4 will also be released on Game Pass and other future games like Call of Duty, Overwatch, etc, will most likely make it there as well. Not bad for a reasonable subscription fee.

Last edited by Razor Ramon HG; 09-16-2022 at 05:29 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2022, 05:30 PM   #770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
I love Elden Ring as a Soulsborne veteran don't get me wrong, but if the upcoming GOW builds upon the first one I'm pretty confident GOW will win. I think the only thing that Elden Ring exceeds in is the open world/exploration feature of the game, but everything else for the most part played like the usual Souls games before it.

Of course, this is just my opinion and is all speculation until GOW actually releases and I have it in my hands. I already preordered it, so I just hope Best Buy delivers it on time. Don't preorder anything on Amazon, you'll get it days later speaking from experience.

Yeah I'm just basing it on the feedback and reactions I see, not my personal opinions. I actually own GOW but haven't gotten around to playing it yet... Guess I should check it out huh! Except for a couple weeks of Death Stranding, I haven't really touched any games since Elden Ring. Tried Spiderman but it was a buggy mess.
Old 09-16-2022, 05:35 PM   #771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
I would probably swap it out for a Xbox Series X to be honest if you're not into Japanese made games. Most exclusive games to PS5 will be created by a Japanese company aside from the occasional releases by Sony - upcoming ones like Spider Man 2, God of War, etc. Everything else will have a Xbox port at launch or eventually be released on it.

I think you'd enjoy Game Pass as well on Xbox. You can get a year's worth of subscription for like $30 following the steps on Redflagdeals.

With Microsoft buying Bethesda, you'll get all their new games for free and it also extends to PC. Starfield looks pretty good and it'll be included with Game Pass and probably all future Beneatha releases. This is in addition to the giant catalog of good games already on Game Pass - Mass Effect, Skyrim, Hades, Forza, Halo, etc.

Since Microsoft is in the middle of acquiring Activision, games like Diablo 4 will also be released on Game Pass and other future games like Call of Duty, Overwatch, etc, will most likely make it there as well. Not bad for a reasonable subscription fee.
I said it before, but Game Pass pretty much makes PS5 a flat out non factor.

Especially if you have gaming PC, because Sony is releasing their titles on PC now anyway. And with a modern Nvidia card, they'll run and look MUCH better than on PS5, thanks to DLSS and DLDSR. Minus the buggy shit releases like Spiderman - you'll have to wait a bit longer for those to get fixed
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2022, 06:12 PM   #772
Say! Say! Say!

So speaking from experience since I have both consoles.

99% of my time so far has been on the Xbox thanks to Game Pass. I even play some of the games on my PC. It's been amazing and I'm glad that more and more games that are coming out that I would've bought are being included. Deathloop is coming to Game Pass and I kind of wanted to try that out when it first came out, now I can and don't have to pay a dollar since I'm already subbed.

Meanwhile on the PS5 side, the only actual PS5 game I've played has been Demon Souls and that was at launch, lol. Luckily there are some exclusive games coming out soon so I'll actually get more use out of it going into 2023. To be fair though, I did buy my PS5 with the expectation that it would be a secondary console for titles that were exclusive to Sony at launch, so it hasn't bothered me.. but I can see how people that bought a PS5 at launch could feel some regret.

This generation, if I had to pick just one console to recommend to folks, I would go with the Xbox. Too much value there to ignore, and just hope that the PS5 exclusive games get ported after 1-2 years. No one ever thought Sony staples like GOW or Horizon would make it to PC, but it did.
Old 09-16-2022, 06:20 PM   #773

Honestly PC is the way to go.. You get Game Pass for much cheaper (in HK it's about $3.70 USD per month, with no prepurchase or anything). You get the Sony games if you want. All XBOX exclusives are released on the same day on Game Pass PC. Actually some games on Game Pass are PC only, like Death Stranding. Also you can get anything released on Epic or Steam or anywhere else. You get better scaling with DLSS and DSR, or even FSR if you're on AMD.

Oh and the GPU market is crashing

The only console I'd consider getting is the Switch, but they desperately need one with upgraded hardware.
Old 09-17-2022, 01:41 AM   #774
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
I've got both consoles too, but the only one I've played was the ps5 but that was just to play the two spiderman games, haven't used either console at all

Also I totally missed my email to purchase the steam deck, someone mentioned getting theirs, so I had to look thru my steam email and I got my prompt back in June :/ although I probably wouldn't have played on that either

I'm really only playing gacha games on my phone these days
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 02:06 PM   #775

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
I play so rarely these days that I really only play high rated AAA games when I do fire up my PS5.

Something like GamePass would have been amazing if it were around when I was a kid. Closest thing we had was Sega Channel
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote