REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 07-25-2023, 04:26 PM   #901
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,824 Times in 8,194 Posts
I want to no life Baldur's Gate 3, I think it comes out next week on PC.... But man what happens when Starfield comes out?
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2023, 01:01 PM   #902
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,729 Posts
GOD DAMN!!!

I just realized Starfield comes out in September of this year?!?! No fucking way, they'll push that back for sure.

Jesus this year has FLOWN by.

I think my plan will be to no life Baldur's Gate first, that game has had extensive alpha/beta testing so I'm confident it'll come out clean and ready to go.

Starfield on the other hand, and because Bethesda, will likely be a shit show for the first few months if it does come out in September.

You'll be better off waiting to dive into that one near end of 2023, or early 2024.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-27-2023, 08:58 PM   #903
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
I'm waiting to pick up Yakuza Ishin for cheap and then I'll probably get Yakuza Gaiden in November. Will check out Starfield since I have Xbox Game Pass between the two.

2024 will start off with a nice bang since FF7 Remake P2 will be out as well as Persona 3 Remake.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 09:16 PM   #904
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,365 Times in 5,658 Posts
I bought and played through chapter 1 of Baldurs gate not knowing it would take more than a year to see the rest of the game, now my computer is dead or about to die and likely won’t be up to the task of playing it lol
Old 07-28-2023, 04:06 PM   #905
Say! Say! Say!

Just hit the highest rank in online SF6

Power of the hitbox
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-15-2023, 09:19 AM   #906
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
I finished FF16, its good, I would not call it great, it did feel on rails. I don't agree with what games are doing now, where they are forcing people to play on an easy difficulty, only to unlock the real difficulty options post game, I don't have time to play games thru twice its really annoying. Otherwise the visuals were stunning, the story was great, it is hard for me to recommend though. It was a very long game though, a lot longer than I was expecting.

I started playing The Witcher 3 for the first time, I started it a couple years ago, then i heard about the next gen update so I decided to to wait a bit longer. I am so glad I waited, the game is so good, everything is so well thought out, the dialogue is so intriguing that I don't find myself wanting to skip thru conversations. I can't wait to really get into the story, and all the expansions.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-15-2023, 09:20 AM   #907
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
GOD DAMN!!!

I just realized Starfield comes out in September of this year?!?! No fucking way, they'll push that back for sure.
Review codes are being sent out this week to the media.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
Old 08-15-2023, 10:52 AM   #908
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
I finished FF16, its good, I would not call it great, it did feel on rails. I don't agree with what games are doing now, where they are forcing people to play on an easy difficulty, only to unlock the real difficulty options post game, I don't have time to play games thru twice its really annoying. Otherwise the visuals were stunning, the story was great, it is hard for me to recommend though. It was a very long game though, a lot longer than I was expecting.
It was a great game that I would rate a 8/10.

The cinematic fights were beautiful and awesome, although some were just a tad too long.

My biggest gripes were that the crafting aspect was kinda pointless and that the side quests felt like they were pulled straight out of a MMO. I guess the latter shouldn't be a surprise since Naoki Yoshida is the producer (he's the lead guy for FF14).
Old 08-15-2023, 12:08 PM   #909

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post

I started playing The Witcher 3 for the first time, I started it a couple years ago, then i heard about the next gen update so I decided to to wait a bit longer. I am so glad I waited, the game is so good, everything is so well thought out, the dialogue is so intriguing that I don't find myself wanting to skip thru conversations. I can't wait to really get into the story, and all the expansions.
Curious how to compare W3 to FF16? I've played W3 fully through and DLCs twice here (prior gen and next gen), it's easily one of the best games I've played within the last 2 generations.

Playing the FF7 remake in comparison to that game was like playing a game made for children, the quality and detail wasn't even close.

Is that the same for FF16?
Old 08-15-2023, 12:56 PM   #910
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Curious how to compare W3 to FF16? I've played W3 fully through and DLCs twice here (prior gen and next gen), it's easily one of the best games I've played within the last 2 generations.

Playing the FF7 remake in comparison to that game was like playing a game made for children, the quality and detail wasn't even close.

I've played the entire Witcher trilogy with DLC. I would rate the Witcher 3 a perfect score of 10/10. I think it also caters better to a western audience.

I liked FF7 Remake. I think it's an overall better game than FF16, but it could also be nostalgia so my opinion on that is biased.
Old 08-15-2023, 01:56 PM   #911

Quote:

You might like Baldur's Gate 3 when it comes to PS5. It's a hardcore CRPG, but very accessible once you learn how it works, and apparently is well designed for controller use. A few hours in, you should be able to understand everything, and it's easy to re-roll your character with this knowledge.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2023, 09:36 AM   #912

^Already planning to no life that game when we get back from Burning Man in September.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2023, 02:35 PM   #913
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Quote:

I'm quite a bit further into The Witcher 3 now and I can honestly say that it never ceases to amaze me. So much detail given to characters and lore, a lot of the side quests feel like main quests, you don't even realize. You can get lost in the world. I play with headphones too, so the atmospheric sound and detail is superb. I can't wait to pick it up again. It is very mature, I would say much more than FF16. Everything is a bit on the nose too. The dialogue is superb in all aspects. This game is as polished as it comes and I am just scratching the surface.

FF7 I recently replayed, like within the last few months, and I can say that it is very cartoonish in comparison (on purpose). I have played FF7 3 times through, once on PS4, then Intergrade on PS5, then on Hard mode Intergrade on PS5 was my most recent play thru.

I did not like how FF16 felt while I was playing it. I don't like the 30FPS design choice of the game, although when the camera was not moving around so much FF16 looks amazing. I have a love/hate with it. I wish it was more polished for a 60FPS release, which it was not. The battles were amazing, the world they created was amazing. I wish there was a bit more depth to the world. I liked the side quests however they were mainly to bolster the lore about certain areas, you could miss them entirely and not really hinder your advancement too much. FF16 felt a bit like it dragged on, especially near end game. I was just trying to play it to finish it to move on at some point.
I WILL replay FF16, if they decide to fix the performance mode. I probably would not get a DLC until the same time too. As far as the maturity level, there's a lot more blood and gore than previous iterations of the game, everyone throws in an F bomb whenever they feel like it, sometimes it feels out of place, the back story is mature, the insinuations and such like that would require an adult understanding of things. The story is deep, I just wish the world was deep as well.

The Witcher 3 is pretty much what I had hoped FF16 would be, so I am glad that I am finally getting to experience that. If you are not a hardcore FF fan, I would wait for a discount, hopefully somewhere around the holidays.

Next game on my list now, once I am substantially done The Witcher 3 will FINALLY be CP2077 with the final latest update, which apparently changes the entire game from the beginning again. I have only played thru the first chapter so far, so I am looking forward to restarting that.
Old 08-25-2023, 02:47 PM   #914
Say! Say! Say!

Damn boys, just noticed Starfield is up on XBOX Game Pass for preload.

140GB!
Old 08-25-2023, 02:53 PM   #915
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
Damn boys, just noticed Starfield is up on XBOX Game Pass for preload.

140GB!
Gotta make some room... yeowch
fml
roastpuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 06:15 PM   #916

Looks like you don't even need to buy the expansion to get most of the new features of CyberPunk

This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2023, 05:43 AM   #917
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,365 Times in 5,658 Posts
Interested to see the redesigned skill tree

Honestly, on PS5 after the major update was released the game was almost flawless when I played through. Ran into a handful of random glitches looting stuff but never anything major. I’ll probably buy the expansion given the new story
Old 09-02-2023, 08:43 AM   #918
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Looks like you don't even need to buy the expansion to get most of the new features of CyberPunk

Thanks for posting this, I may have to get it and play this again. I beat it shortly after release and dealt with A LOT of crashes throughout but it'd be nice to see what it's like now that they've fixed the issues and expanded on the game.
Koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 09:30 AM   #919
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,714 Times in 1,054 Posts
this seems like such a natural base game to put on gamepass. put it in front of a bunch of people that were turned off by the launch. potentially sell a bunch of expansion passes to new users.

i'd like to try it - but i'm not paying 100 bucks for it.
The Producer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 08:54 AM   #920
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,823 Times in 2,507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
You might like Baldur's Gate 3 when it comes to PS5. It's a hardcore CRPG, but very accessible once you learn how it works, and apparently is well designed for controller use. A few hours in, you should be able to understand everything, and it's easy to re-roll your character with this knowledge.
i've been watching livestreams of this and it seems interesting, glad they announced it'll come out on xbox this year. seems like there's offline play so no online membership needed which is nice.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 02:31 PM   #921

I'm in the final act of BG3 and it's still really good. Usually by now I get tired of tedious things these games often have, but I am sticking with it. Battles are very challenging and fun.
Old 09-05-2023, 10:38 AM   #922
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,823 Times in 2,507 Posts
a buddy was suggesting divinity original sin 2 in the interim, i think it was the same dev team? i think it's only for switch or xb1 which i have both of.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 10:50 AM   #923
in the butt

Thanked 3,223 Times in 1,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Producer View Post

i'd like to try it - but i'm not paying 100 bucks for it.
Videogames are pretty much free

100$, play it for x-xxx hours, sell it for 60$, what else gives you that many hours of entertainment for 40$ other than watching streaming services

Or buy it used for 40$.... Play it, then sell it for 60$....

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?
donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 03:30 PM   #924

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
a buddy was suggesting divinity original sin 2 in the interim, i think it was the same dev team? i think it's only for switch or xb1 which i have both of.
Yup that's a great game too
Old 09-05-2023, 04:46 PM   #925

Thanked 3,240 Times in 1,225 Posts
Is Baldur's Gate anything like Divinity in terms of gameplay? Me and my buddy loved playing that game in 2 player couch co-op so I've been looking for another game like it
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote