REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 09-17-2022, 08:32 PM   #776
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,812 Times in 3,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
Sony staples like GOW or Horizon would make it to PC, but it did.
even jRPGs and uncharted are on PC now...

i can't see a good reason to have a xbox or playstation
they were already questionable purchases last gen
Advertisement
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 08:15 PM   #777
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Maybe just how I grew up gaming, it's always been Sega or capcom or Konami games that fill my shelves.

Most excited about ISHINN,
AEW Fight Forever is one im excited about

If you got a PS5, try out Koei Temco's Wolong demo, its Nioh, but more Three Kingdoms lore.
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 09:32 AM   #778
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Budong View Post
AEW Fight Forever is one im excited about
This game is made by the same company that did Revenge, WrestleMania 2000 and No Mercy back in the day for the N64. From some of the videos I've seen it looks like they are pretty much using the exact same formula that made those games so awesome back then so I'm pretty excited for this game as well
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 11:42 AM   #779

Thanked 4,560 Times in 1,710 Posts
You guys have convinced me.

Going to sell my PS5 and get an Xbox after GOW is released and I've played it.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 07:49 AM   #780
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
This game is made by the same company that did Revenge, WrestleMania 2000 and No Mercy back in the day for the N64. From some of the videos I've seen it looks like they are pretty much using the exact same formula that made those games so awesome back then so I'm pretty excited for this game as well
this is why
very awesome memories of playing those games on the 64 lol
Old 11-04-2022, 02:28 PM   #781
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,689 Times in 1,624 Posts
Not sure why I couldn't find this thread, had to dig through post history...

Is anyone excited about the new NFS?

Also new GOW is sweeping it, reviews are literally all 10/10 lol
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 02:42 PM   #782

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
Not sure why I couldn't find this thread, had to dig through post history...

Is anyone excited about the new NFS?

Also new GOW is sweeping it, reviews are literally all 10/10 lol
Of course they are
Old 11-04-2022, 03:06 PM   #783

Looking forward to GOW I got the platinum on the last one which I only bother doing if I really liked the game.

These are the type of games that are keeping me from switching to Xbox, usually their exclusives are pretty mediocre.
Old 11-04-2022, 03:14 PM   #784
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Looking forward to GOW I got the platinum on the last one which I only bother doing if I really liked the game.

These are the type of games that are keeping me from switching to Xbox, usually their exclusives are pretty mediocre.
I hope you were still craving for more after 50 hours or whatever, because this wil be just that: More

That's how I felt with the new Forza. Excellent game, but I had already played the shit out of the last one. New one is better in every way, but it's still just: more.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2022, 03:20 PM   #785

Well it sounds like they took what was good and built off it, they didn't reinvent the whole game and it didn't need to. If it was like Far Cry where they put out the same tired shit every year I'd be sick of it but it's been like 4 years since the last one so I'm down to put in another 40+ hours if it's good
Old 11-04-2022, 03:59 PM   #786
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,689 Times in 1,624 Posts
^I think they said main storyline is 20~25 hours, and about 70 hours total for full completion.

I never played the first one, you guys think it'll be a pre-req?
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 08:31 PM   #787
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
^I think they said main storyline is 20~25 hours, and about 70 hours total for full completion.

I think it won't be mandatory, but you won't fully understand the story I imagine.

I would play the first one, it's definitely worth it and you can probably snag a copy for cheap anyways.

When I finished the first GOW, I wanted more, so this is perfect. I thought the storywriting was great in it.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2022, 01:57 AM   #788

Quote:

Definitely a bad idea to play the first one if you're going to get the second within the next 3 years, unless you're the hardest hardcore fan (and if that was the case I think you'd have played it by now).

Since it's mostly the same game, you are going to fatigue at least partway through the second, if not some time during the first one. Go watch the cinematics on youtube or a recap or something to get caught up on the story. It can basically be recapped in one or two sentences anyway.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2022, 07:43 AM   #789
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
<- spends $1000+ on “next gen” console

Plays GTA:San Andreas on hand held switch

Old 11-05-2022, 11:29 AM   #790
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts

i was just playing free games on it like fortnite and warzone at first, where i could play fornite on the switch already.

at least now i can play overwatch2, man it's such a difference playing it on an xbox than on a switch. i feel i have better aiming with hitscan characters.

mind you i'm sure the xbox controller is better than the $30 no name switch controller i bought

i ended up not paying for game pass just because i'm cheap and the free online games can be played online for free.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 11:37 AM   #791

I was looking at the reviews for GOW, it looks...fine.

Like Skinny said, just #more. More combos, more items, more amulets, more upgrades with more upgrades, more attacks, more gear, more elemental min/maxing.

These modern games are starting to feel like balancing my taxes ffs.

I never played the first, I'm considering this one, but jesus, complexity does not equal utility.

I'm also a little disappointed that this game is playable on PS4 -- looking at the game is just doesn't seem "next gen". It's crazy how we're 2 years into this new gen and we're still seeing brand new AAA games coming out on the last gen.

Nothing feels new or fresh in this generation thus far.
Old 11-05-2022, 12:13 PM   #792
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
I’m not really upset that I spent the $1000 or whatever, for my last handful of consoles I’ve basically bought them for 1-2 games. And no difference here, bought it so I could play cyberpunk at a relatively high level

But as you say Mike, the lack of next generation AAA titles for a console that’s 2 years old is insane. I think this may just be the future of the hardware side, incremental upgrades to play the same games but have them look better and run a little smoother
Old 11-05-2022, 12:30 PM   #793

Games just take too long to make these days. It's basically 5 years for a lot of these studios to make one game which pretty much means by the time it's out that's the only game for that generation. This also means they just end up making a sequel if the game sells well instead of making something new. Remember when Rockstar used to actually make games other than GTA and Red Dead?

I've been playing Horizon Forbidden West which has been ok but I'm definitely not going to bother getting the platinum there's way too many BS trophies that involve things I hate doing like side quest board games... Yeah no thanks.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2022, 03:25 PM   #794

I think a lot of this generation was fucked by covid. Things should start getting better soon. Starfield was delayed again so it seems like they are going all in on that, and expect it to be an anchor for the xbox going forward. Like it could be the next Skyrim where people play it for years and years, except instead of buying it over and over, they subscribe to game pass lol
Old 11-11-2022, 11:05 PM   #795
Say! Say! Say!

I'm about 16 hours into GOWR. Apparently it's about 1/3 in based on where I am relative to the main storyline chapters, but I've been doing all the available side quests as they pop up.

Very impressed with the way the game looks and how it plays, but I personally think that the storytelling and voice acting are the best parts of this game.
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Old 11-12-2022, 10:34 AM   #796

Is it worth a buy? Does it feel like a repetitive button-mash fest?

Didn't play the 2018 GOW.
Old 11-12-2022, 02:16 PM   #797
Say! Say! Say!

I think so, if you like action adventure. Play the first one first and see if you like. Buy a used copy and then resell it.
Old 11-13-2022, 06:35 PM   #798
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

First one is free on ps5 with a psn+ basic sub
I've not played the first. i dunno if i will start... my ps5 is collecting dust while im going ham on Sunbreak on the switch.

Then Pokemon is this week.. lolol

As for the comment about gear min/maxing... play Monster Hunter, witness the real grind of minmaxing gear thru a gacha system during endgame ....

LOL
Old 11-16-2022, 12:04 PM   #799
Say! Say! Say!

Platinum'd GOW:R

Gameplay-wise, I would say it's the 2018 GOW, but with slightly improved graphics and combat system. If you played the first one, I don't think anything in this sequel will particularly blow your mind.

As I mentioned in the previous post, the best part about this game is the story and voice acting. It's just a masterpiece. There are some minor quips that I have with the story itself, but overall an excellent gaming experience and I was hooked all the way to the end.

Looking into the game development, it seems like it was delayed a few times due to COVID and then Christopher Judge needing surgery. I think if it was released in 2020/2021, it would be a shoo-in for GOTY. But for this year, I think it's going to be very tight against Elden Ring.

Having played both, each are excellent games that excels in different areas. Elden Ring excels in the gameplay aspect with larger areas, a more complex combat system with multiple weapon and build choices, and more varied monsters and bosses. GOW:R excels in telling a story through the lore, character development, and amazing voice acting.

I think it'll come down to what each judge values more. For me, I personally found GOW:R more enjoyable than Elden Ring.
Old 12-08-2022, 07:03 PM   #800
Say! Say! Say!

GOTY is Elden Ring.

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-gam...s-2022-winners

Felt bad for Horizon Forbidden West, didn't win a single award. Completely overshadowed by Elden Ring and GOWR.

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-gam...hing-announced

Lots of good announcements and new trailers. Next year is going to be absolutely stacked.

Star Wars: Jedi Survivor - March 17
Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores - April 19
Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - May 12
Street Fighter 6 - June 2
Diablo 4 - June 6
Final Fantasy XVI - June 22
Baldur's Gate III - August
Hades 2 - 2023
Tekken 8 - 2023
Armored Core VI - 2023

Not to mention previously announced games like Yakuza Ishin in February and Final Fantasy VII Rebirth in December that didn't get an update today.

There's also a DLC for Cyberpunk 2077 coming out with Edris Alba. Might have to revisit the original game, I didn't finish it with all the bugs and how loud it made my system

Last edited by Razor Ramon HG; 12-08-2022 at 07:08 PM.