REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 05-30-2023, 10:44 AM   #851
I'm invisible

I’m jumping on the Diablo 4 train with the early release. I haven’t played D2 is probably 15-20 years.

I wonder how difficult it will be to learn all the upgrades and abilities in D4.
Advertisement
Old 05-30-2023, 11:04 AM   #852
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edison_Chen View Post
I’m jumping on the Diablo 4 train with the early release. I haven’t played D2 is probably 15-20 years.

I wonder how difficult it will be to learn all the upgrades and abilities in D4.
Did you play during the 2 open public betas? Also, which platform will you be playing on?

I played on the PC during both open public betas, and I'd say the game is fairly easy to pick up. Before you play, you'd probably want to take a look at some class builder websites, and sort of plan out a the skills development path that you want to head down with your character.

I'm too cheap to pay for early access, so I won't start until June 6. Gonna be playing a sorcerer to start.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 11:22 AM   #853
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
I played Guardians. Got confused by being able to control all the characters at once. Too many buttons and shit. Too old for it I guess haha.
Fuck that, like the Final Fantasy 7 remake?

I HATED that shit. Jumping from 2-3 characters constantly? Way too much for this old man.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 01:04 PM   #854
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
Quote:

pretty easy IMO to go from D2 to D4... for better or for worse D3 and D4 made it more streamlined for casuals/controller IMO and simplified things a lot.

In D2 you can hot key all 12 function keys and in some cases still not be enough

I remember before the nerf you could be a paladin in D2 and flash auras (basically oscillate between 2 auras and keep the buffs of both if timed correctly). i'd need so many keys for aura switching etc.

since we're on the topic of going from one old game to new, for someone's that played SF2, SF alpha, SF3 ... would they enjoy SF5 or SF6, or is it basically a totally different game with diff mechanics now and just familiar characters?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 02:29 PM   #855
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
I would say the games still play similarly, but at the same time they all play differently due to mechanics.

I think if you haven't played any of the more recent Street Fighter games, SF6 will take a bit of time to get used to.

SF6 has a lot of revamped mechanics inspired from previous games.

Drive impact - like focus attacks from SFIV
Drive rushes - like focus attack dash cancels from SFIV
Drive parries - like parries from SFIII
Drive reversal - like alpha counters and V-Reversals from Alpha/SFV

They also revamped the standard stun/block meter. It's now called a drive meter. If your drive meter runs out, you become burned out so you now be chipped to death, you have more block frames, etc.

In additional to acting like your standard stun/block meter like in previous games, the drive gauge is now used to perform all your drive abilities and EX moves (now called overdrive moves). This means that managing your drive gauge is really important in SF6.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.

Last edited by Razor Ramon HG; 05-30-2023 at 02:35 PM.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 03:12 PM   #856
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,697 Times in 1,625 Posts
I recently platinum'ed Star Wars Jedi Survivor.

I really enjoyed Fallen Order, and this one was better in every way, other than the performance issues. Would definitely recommend, if you can pick it up used in the $~60 range.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2023, 05:55 AM   #857
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,339 Times in 5,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Fuck that, like the Final Fantasy 7 remake?

I HATED that shit. Jumping from 2-3 characters constantly? Way too much for this old man.
You don’t actually control other characters in guardians, you’re always star lord and then when you’re fighting you hold R1 and can select other team members and their tree of attacks, it only takes a second

It’s not total micromanagement of gear, or attack formation etc. it’s just having them do a special attack once it’s charged. Other than those they are fully automatic
Old 05-31-2023, 08:09 AM   #858
I'm invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Did you play during the 2 open public betas? Also, which platform will you be playing on?

I played on the PC during both open public betas, and I'd say the game is fairly easy to pick up. Before you play, you'd probably want to take a look at some class builder websites, and sort of plan out a the skills development path that you want to head down with your character.

I'm too cheap to pay for early access, so I won't start until June 6. Gonna be playing a sorcerer to start.
No, I didn’t play on the open beta earlier this year. I’m watching all the YouTube videos and reading the Reddit thread trying to learn as much as I can.
Old 05-31-2023, 08:30 AM   #859
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Quote:
No, I didn’t play on the open beta earlier this year. I’m watching all the YouTube videos and reading the Reddit thread trying to learn as much as I can.
Have fun tomorrow!
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2023, 09:03 AM   #860
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
I played D2R earlier this year and the D4 open beta. It hasn't changed as much as you think, so I wouldn't worry so much.

IIRC, you can dick around with your talent tree to figure out what type of build you want to do for free up to level 20.
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-01-2023, 08:49 AM   #861
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,339 Times in 5,648 Posts
Finally finished Gaurdians last night so I can move on to tears of the kingdom lol

Fuck right when I thought gaurdians was over it went on for another 4 hours lol
Old 06-01-2023, 12:07 PM   #862
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
I just finished Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart. It was a pretty fun experience, the platforming aspect was very nicely implemented without making it feel forced, the game invited you to try many different ways of traversing thru the levels and I really like this. I think it was written extremely well.

I am now playing AC Syndicate as an in between game, and I have got to say, I am enjoying it (aside from being 30FPS cap) the graphics are really good, I can see this would look amazing at 60FPS if it ever happened.

I am awaiting June's Monthly games Trek to Yuma and Jurrassic World. and NBA as well, i refuse to buy these games and now I can finally play with some friends lol.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 04:17 PM   #863
Say! Say! Say!

Damn, anyone playing SF6? This game is legit.

I played SF4 at launch and don't remember having this much fun ever. I didn't get SF5 at launch, but heard it was a shit show.

Been swapping between Guile and Dee Jay. Dee Jay's win pose is so good. Beating their ass and then drawing on their screen is so BM.

Old 06-04-2023, 05:46 PM   #864
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
SF was always a 1v1 in person game for me, until it got to the point where everyone I would meet in arcades would just wipe the floor with me because I didn't play much... If you have bot level skills, is there much point in playing anything other than actual bots?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 10:51 PM   #865
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
SF was always a 1v1 in person game for me, until it got to the point where everyone I would meet in arcades would just wipe the floor with me because I didn't play much... If you have bot level skills, is there much point in playing anything other than actual bots?
They introduced a modern control scheme. You can do special moves by moving in one direction and pressing a button. This is to make it more accessible to people.

In SFV, 75% of all players were ranked bronze and silver. I think you'd be fine even if you haven't played in forever. There's been a shit ton of new players to the series.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2023, 03:31 PM   #866

moving control in 1 direction plus a button takes the fun away from SF to do special moves/combos, makes it feel more like smash bros, but i guess it allows it to be open to the masses...

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

Old 06-05-2023, 03:39 PM   #867

I never had a problem with the moves, just that everyone figured out the right technique while I never really did. Too expensive to keep pumping quarters lol
Old 06-05-2023, 04:35 PM   #868
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
I never had a problem with the moves, just that everyone figured out the right technique while I never really did. Too expensive to keep pumping quarters lol
You'll make it to gold just knowing how to block and anti-air, lol
Old 06-05-2023, 04:39 PM   #869

Too bad it's not on gamepass
Old 06-12-2023, 05:23 PM   #870

I've been wanting to check out CyberPunk again but have been reluctant.. But this thread on the expansion has me totally hyped

This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2023, 09:11 PM   #871
in the butt

Thanked 3,220 Times in 1,183 Posts
Quote:
I've been wanting to check out CyberPunk again but have been reluctant.. But this thread on the expansion has me totally hyped

https://twitter.com/TheSphereHunter/...38194591649792
My friend just got it, and said the game was solid. That's a 200% increase vs when it came out and was a waste of space 25% of the time

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 11:25 PM   #872

I played about 10-15 hours and thought it was fine, but thought it would be worth waiting for a huge expansion like this that fixes most of the problems. Mostly I was a bit sad my 3070 couldn't deliver good enough performance to my standards to use ray tracing. Felt the same thing with Control although I didn't like that game as much.
Old 06-19-2023, 10:22 PM   #873
Say! Say! Say!

Currently printing out a Hitbox model to try with SF6.

Original model is this one - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5460468

I made some basic noob changes to the model to fit standard 24mm Sanwa buttons for the L3/R3/Select/Start instead of the mini Suzo Happ buttons the creator used.

But I may have miscalculated since I'm not so sure my Brooks board will fit now, lol.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2023, 11:26 AM   #874
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,719 Posts
Playing Gran Turismo 7 right now.

Boring as fuck, I forgot how shitty these license tests are, none of this is my jam anymore
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 11:40 AM   #875

what's the best GT, was it 5 for PS3 or was 6 for what i'm guessing ps4 good?

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote: