REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-03-2020, 02:54 PM   #7526
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Of course, context is important

But when talking about "long term ramifications" there's only one thing that will tell the story, and that's time.
You can make educated guesses based on the data from others that are similar though, and how long is needed to see any possible "long term" effects. From what I can gather (and wrap my head around) it's based on tech that has been researched quite a bit for applications in other fields already.

It also sounds like the various vaccines coming out are developed using a few different methods, so if people aren't confident in one they can go for another.
Advertisement
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:

Last edited by underscore; 12-03-2020 at 02:59 PM.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 02:57 PM   #7527
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,818 Times in 8,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
You can make educated guesses based on the data from others that are similar though. From what I can gather (and wrap my head around) it's based on tech that has been researched quite a bit for applications in other fields already.
Is it? From what I've seen it's quite new. Promising, but new. Part of why this happened so fast is because they were using it to develop a MERS vaccine. IIRC the animal trials went horribly with the first revisions.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 03:07 PM   #7528
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,515 Times in 4,906 Posts
I just hope people stay calm when the vaccines start being distributed/administered. I hope criminals don't start doing stupid stuff like start selling fake or damaged vaccines due to improperly stored, stolen vaccines. Criminals are the most selfish individuals alive. No regard for anybody except themselves.

Protests and riots in the streets. I can see this getting really ugly..........
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 03:12 PM   #7529
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts

Family seeking COVID-19 is 'playing with a loaded gun' in B.C. city discouraging visitors: mayor
Quote:
“We are a healthy family and we would like to safely expose ourselves to the virus to build our natural immunity,”
We can house you for a night or however long it takes, and will provide all of your meals.

Any suggestions on the easiest way to transmit the virus?
We were unsuccessful in transmissionh with our first covid 19 guest and are assuming we will have to use saliva directly... but hoping not to go down this path.
reads the ad posted to a local Craigslist-style website.
lmao... so they are going to start tonguing strangers or just swallow a cup of their spit? ... if that doesn't work might as well start licking public toilets...

Last edited by Obsideon; 12-03-2020 at 03:24 PM.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2020, 03:14 PM   #7530
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,389 Times in 1,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
You can make educated guesses based on the data from others that are similar though, and how long is needed to see any possible "long term" effects. From what I can gather (and wrap my head around) it's based on tech that has been researched quite a bit for applications in other fields already.

It also sounds like the various vaccines coming out are developed using a few different methods, so if people aren't confident in one they can go for another.
Yup, if people don't want the mRNA Moderna or Pfizer vaccines they can wait for the Astrazeneca or Johnson & Johnson one which are more "conventional". The J&J one is supposed to be only 1 shot as a bonus. Chances are though, I don't think we'll be given a choice.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2020, 03:42 PM   #7531
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post

Family seeking COVID-19 is 'playing with a loaded gun' in B.C. city discouraging visitors: mayor

lmao... so they are going to start tonguing strangers or just swallow a cup of their spit? ... if that doesn't work might as well start licking public toilets...
What I don't understand about this family is why don't they just roll the dice in the general population? If they don't get it, good. If they do, good (I guess).
Why actively try to get infected?
I don't see what difference it would make.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 03:56 PM   #7532
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Trudeau just said the other day we don't get to pick one or the other. We get what we get. Which is likely the cheapest one for the government to buy or the one that comes with some incentive kickbacks to the trudeau foundation.
Old 12-04-2020, 05:16 AM   #7533

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Moderna hasn't been around long enough, but Pfizer has developed quite the slew of lawsuits pertaining to undisclosed, serious, side effects.
Their most recent for zantac users developing cancers.

https://www.drugwatch.com/zantac/lawsuits/

https://www.drugwatch.com/manufacturers/pfizer/

I'm sure the trillions of dollars at stake won't cloud the judgment of these drug companies.
Think I'll stick to my regimen of vitamin d, c, zinc, physical activity and healthy diet.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 12-04-2020 at 05:31 AM.
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 05:46 AM   #7534
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
The Pfizer info is now available on the UK Government's website, as that is what they are poking into the Scottish. Sterility side-affects listed as 'currently unknown', which is interesting

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...UQudIuNZie2pr4

https://assets.publishing.service.go...19_vaccine.pdf
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 07:43 AM   #7535
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,693 Posts
Another Covidiot, a snowboarder, tried to break quarantine rules after returning home from California by heading straight to Whistler to snowboard without self-isolating first.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/12...rantine-fined/

-from the article:

A North Vancouver Snowboarder couldn't slide his way out of a fine after @WestVanPolice caught him breaking quarantine and heading up to Whistler (he had just come back from California)

West Vancouver Traffic Police stopped an Audi S4 with California license plates displaying expired insurance decals, on Monday afternoon, south of Lions Bay, the department says.

Reports indicate the North Vancouver man lied, at first, to officers, saying he’d renewed his work permit and returned to Canada “around two weeks ago.”

A quick call to the Canada Border Services Agency, however, revealed the man was supposed to be quarantined for another 48 hours after arriving from California, when he was caught making his way to Whistler to go snowboarding

West Van Police called CBSA after he lied to the cops. -slapped him with a $1150 fine and forced him to turn his Audi S4 around.
Old 12-04-2020, 09:00 AM   #7536
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
What do you know. My question of isolating seniors doing more harm than good is legitimate

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/318...olation#318311
Old 12-04-2020, 09:07 AM   #7537
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Moderna hasn't been around long enough, but Pfizer has developed quite the slew of lawsuits pertaining to undisclosed, serious, side effects.
Their most recent for zantac users developing cancers.

https://www.drugwatch.com/zantac/lawsuits/

https://www.drugwatch.com/manufacturers/pfizer/

I'm sure the trillions of dollars at stake won't cloud the judgment of these drug companies.
Think I'll stick to my regimen of vitamin d, c, zinc, physical activity and healthy diet.
Yeah but I think if you're being honest it doesn't matter which vaccine we're talking about or the history of who made it or what studies came forward you were never going to take it.

I mean that's your purgative but lets call a duck a duck.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2020, 09:25 AM   #7538
linguistic ninja

I foresee for many people there will be continuous moving of goalposts wrt to COVID vaccine "safety" questions. Same with Trump election fraud theories, you can't you disprove a negative.

It'll be "Oh I'll wait for the majority to get it first" > "Oh I'll wait 5 years to make sure it's safe" > "Oh I'll see if there are any birth defects arising from it" > "Oh wait, I need to see now how it affects people living in Zimbabwe with ABC recessive genes"

This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2020, 10:06 AM   #7539

I foresee more sanctimonious comments regarding anyone that is contrary to the woke beliefs. Of course, they will lump any other critical thinkers as Trump supporters, to boost their sanctimony and e-bravado; prejudice all the way and loving to hate triumphs once again. Last verse, same as the first.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2020, 10:40 AM   #7540

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
Last verse, same as the first.
How many times do you feel the need to post this?
This post, same as your most.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2020, 11:22 AM   #7541
linguistic ninja

TIL in 2020 that wearing a mask, taking a vaccine, listing to experts, listening to health authorities and other basic decent human behaviors is a "woke" cause.

Not surprised.

This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2020, 11:48 AM   #7542

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
TIL in 2020 that wearing a mask, taking a vaccine, listing to experts, listening to health authorities and other basic decent human behaviors is a "woke" cause.

Not surprised.
Here is where you and I may differ. Instead of assuming the worst beliefs and behaviours in those I might disagree, I am going to assume that you at least questioned everything you listed. I'm going to assume you didn't just blindly follow authorities.
Old 12-04-2020, 12:07 PM   #7543

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Yeah I mean. What kind of idiot would go to a doctor and listen to their advice without at least going home to YouTube to search for conspiracy theories about their diagnosis?
You have to be a fucking potato to not understand
Mask=droplet containment
Droplet containment=less droplet transmission
Less droplet transmission=less virus transmission
BuT QuEsTion EvERyTHINg Do YouR oWn ReSeaRcH.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2020, 12:21 PM   #7544
linguistic ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
Here is where you and I may differ. Instead of assuming the worst beliefs and behaviours in those I might disagree, I am going to assume that you at least questioned everything you listed. I'm going to assume you didn't just blindly follow authorities.
Anti-woke "conservatives" are the biggest hypocrites around. You're not even real conservatives, just populist assholes.

Law and order:
BLM wants to defund the police? Look at what the protests are doing, fuck if anything give the police more money!!!
COVID: Oh so you just listen to the authorities blindly? QuEsTiOn EvErYtHiNg!!@q!

Family values:
Family is the most important thing! We have to stick together.
COVID: Yeah fuck grandma and grandpa, I wanna go to a bar and get my hair cut!

Personal Responsibility:
We can't rely on the government to hand hold us through life!
COVID: Fuck Mask wearing, I'm not going to do that!

Last edited by CivicBlues; 12-04-2020 at 12:32 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2020, 12:27 PM   #7545
linguistic ninja

An Op-ed from a former Harper staffer on the phenomenon we're seeing. If you truly identify as conservative, you should be really be disavowing this sort of behavior.

Quote:
Martha and Henry had what could be called conservative instincts — they favoured individual responsibility, strong families, a helping community and a responsive government that largely stayed out of the way, mostly in that order..

...And while not all the Marthas and Henrys of yesterday have become @martha79453s and @henry83795s of today, there is a growing army of them and they are, and will, cause much consternation within the conservative coalition.

Where Martha and Henry would have felt personally responsible to take public-health advice and wear masks, @martha79453 and @henry83795 rail against the affront of (health and government) elites telling them what to do.

Where Martha and Henry would have called grandma twice or thrice a day to ensure she was OK, @martha79453 and @henry83795 demand unmasked entry into the senior citizens residence to see her.

Where Martha and Henry would have curtailed their participation in community events, @martha79453 and @henry83795 attend anti-mask, anti-government protests organized by their virtual anger gang...
https://theline.substack.com/p/ken-b...source=twitter

Old 12-04-2020, 01:25 PM   #7546
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
critical thinkers
I want to preface this by saying this isn't directed at anyone in particular, this is just a general statement.

Far too many people seem to think defaulting to the opposite of whatever the mainstream view is makes them a critical thinker. Blindly being contrarian involves little to no thinking and absolutely none of it is done critically. To the point where, for me at least, the term has lost its original meaning because it's been overused by idiots.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2020, 01:34 PM   #7547
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Trump thread 3.0
Old 12-04-2020, 02:13 PM   #7548
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
What I don't understand about this family is why don't they just roll the dice in the general population? If they don't get it, good. If they do, good (I guess).
Why actively try to get infected?
I don't see what difference it would make.
Because then they would be the "anti-maskers" running around, and if they did catch it early and didn't notice it yet they would inherently become a super-spreader family.
At least this way they are being somewhat responsible.... however I still prefer they go lick toilets instead
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 02:26 PM   #7549
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
711 new cases and 11 deaths.

I guess you can say the curve has been flattened, not sure if this is a good thing given how high it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 03:02 PM   #7550

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
How many times do you feel the need to post this?
This post, same as your most.
Quoted for posterity. It won't be long, hang in there, you'll find someone to belittle soon enough; don't need to guess who you preference.