REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-04-2020, 03:05 PM   #7551
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I want to preface this by saying this isn't directed at anyone in particular, this is just a general statement.

Far too many people seem to think defaulting to the opposite of whatever the mainstream view is makes them a critical thinker. Blindly being contrarian involves little to no thinking and absolutely none of it is done critically. To the point where, for me at least, the term has lost its original meaning because it's been overused by idiots.

Any extremism loses its value, true. There's people that will oppose the norm no matter what, there are those that make assumptions of others no matter what, and then there's those just wanting to see some facts before coming to a conclusion; by then, judgement has usually already been passed unto them.
Advertisement
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2020, 03:06 PM   #7552
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,361 Times in 5,657 Posts
We already know the govt. has lied to the general public on multiple occasions during covid, yet people are just willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on everything :/

I’m not saying there will be any problems with the vaccine or there is some conspiracy behind it but this eagerness to blindly accept whatever the govt. spews out as gospel is kinda fucked..

When the very “experts” everyone quotes can’t even come to a consensus on things I don’t think you’re some conservative asshole trump lover because you question a view point?
Old 12-04-2020, 03:33 PM   #7553
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,390 Times in 1,233 Posts
The "government" isn't approving the vaccines. It's the FDA, Health Canada which are supposed to be non-politicized and staffed by medical professionals. If it was a politician telling me that vaccines are safe then yeah, I'd like to hear what a doctor has to say. Unless of course you buy into the ridiculous conspiracy that doctors are using COVID to "make more money".

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2020, 05:34 PM   #7554
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,515 Times in 4,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
The "government" aren't the ones in charge of approving the vaccines.
FIXT

Original made it sound like the 'government' isn't going to approve the vaccines. Just saiyan......... not that they could. Politics.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 12-04-2020 at 05:59 PM.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 05:51 PM   #7555
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
The "government" isn't approving the vaccines. It's the FDA, Health Canada which are supposed to be non-politicized and staffed by medical professionals. If it was a politician telling me that vaccines are safe then yeah, I'd like to hear what a doctor has to say. Unless of course you buy into the ridiculous conspiracy that doctors are using COVID to "make more money".
Actually trudeau has made several statements that Canada has purchased X number of doses of Pfizer vaccines and X number of doses of moderna vaccines. Neither of which have been deemed safe or authorized for use by health Canada yet. So trudeau is telling Canadians it is safe by spending Canadian money on unproven vaccines. Now I doubt there will be an issue with them, but the point is there. Governments are signing up for the vaccines and buying tens of millions of doses and then proving they meet health guidelines after the fact. In that order.

Inb4: " it's a pandemic they need to buy them asap or they won't be available. Everything will probably be safe anyway"
Old 12-04-2020, 06:12 PM   #7556
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,818 Times in 8,192 Posts
I kind of wish I had more dumb friends on facebook so I could be exposed to more of this

My dumb friends mostly just complain about Trudeau and gun laws
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2020, 07:23 PM   #7557
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
Actually trudeau has made several statements that Canada has purchased X number of doses of Pfizer vaccines and X number of doses of moderna vaccines. Neither of which have been deemed safe or authorized for use by health Canada yet. So trudeau is telling Canadians it is safe by spending Canadian money on unproven vaccines. Now I doubt there will be an issue with them, but the point is there. Governments are signing up for the vaccines and buying tens of millions of doses and then proving they meet health guidelines after the fact. In that order.

Inb4: " it's a pandemic they need to buy them asap or they won't be available. Everything will probably be safe anyway"
Super valid point and at this point, what can you do? Usually takes years of trials to be deemed safe. Soooo would you rather sit around for 2 yrs when every country pop champagne with losers posting how they are COVID free on social media?

Every government is putting on a huge risk; after all, if it's proven to have major side effects... huge lawsuits are coming.... Imagine you grow a 2nd penis, can't have kids, huge cancer issues post vaccine in 2030...

People want shit now and willing to forgo the risks and sign their lives away.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 07:32 PM   #7558
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Doesn't look like legal action will be an option. Then again, who needs repercussions.
https://www.cbs58.com/news/drug-make...-covid-vaccine
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 12-04-2020 at 08:07 PM.
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 07:38 PM   #7559
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
Super valid point and at this point, what can you do? Usually takes years of trials to be deemed safe. Soooo would you rather sit around for 2 yrs when every country pop champagne with losers posting how they are COVID free on social media?

Every government is putting on a huge risk; after all, if it's proven to have major side effects... huge lawsuits are coming.... Imagine you grow a 2nd penis, can't have kids, huge cancer issues post vaccine in 2030...

People want shit now and willing to forgo the risks and sign their lives away.
I think the point is like you said, some people want a solution right now and will take any snake oil potion handed to them. At the same tome there are people who are a little more pragmatic and want to make sure what we are doing os safe and correct. What we don't fucking need is people who are drinking the snake oil first telling the people who are pragmatic that they're stupid conservative trump lovers. Dividing everyone isn't helping
Old 12-04-2020, 07:47 PM   #7560
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,015 Times in 1,911 Posts
We talk about how the US is so polarized ... just look at it here.

So even raising a very reasonable question or concern about something as huge as a Covid vaccine automatically puts you in the other extreme camp ??!! This is what some people don't quite see - in one thread they rail against the CPC and their authoritative, one sided, no option way of life. In another thread, they shit on people with a different opinion and hammer their one and only 'right' view here in a democracy.

Last edited by whitev70r; 12-04-2020 at 07:55 PM.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2020, 07:57 PM   #7561
Need to Seek Professional Help

Society is slowly turning people into extremists and social media is a huge reason why. Its easy to find people online who share your way of thinking. Before.you know it, you're in an echo chamber and you become more and more inflexible in your position.
If you disagree in any shape or way, you get labelled. Trump supporter, conspiracy theorist, critical thinker, anti vaxxer, covid denier, etc. People need to check themselves.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2020, 08:11 PM   #7562

Yeah it's kind of weird being lumped in with trumptards because I want to know more about the vaccine. I am probably about as far left as it gets before you get to crazytown, and I just want to know more. Also I try to explain why people have their doubts. How is that "not thinking critically"? And how does that mean I am "moving goalposts" (seriously we're at that part of the conversation already?)
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2020, 08:31 PM   #7563
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Lol.
Quote:
Canucks cut ties with anthem singer Mark Donnelly over plan to sing at anti-mask rally
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/vancouve...623fcca13/amp/
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 08:56 PM   #7564
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2020, 09:41 PM   #7565

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I kind of wish I had more dumb friends on facebook so I could be exposed to more of this

My dumb friends mostly just complain about Trudeau and gun laws
This translates to: I have more smart friends that wish for more than memes before they make a logical decision, and they aren't on Revscene; so I'll I'll dumb it down and share it here.

The reason I repeat "last verse, same as the first", because you keep repeating the "dumb" over and over and.... It's okay. But don't doubt any more. Love to hate....3...2..1... but but but Trump... No - you.
Old 12-04-2020, 09:45 PM   #7566
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,515 Times in 4,906 Posts
Same Mayor?

https://infotel.ca/newsitem/revelsto...oversy/it74137

5:40+ in the video............
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 12-04-2020 at 09:54 PM.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 10:04 PM   #7567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
This translates to: I have more smart friends that wish for more than memes before they make a logical decision, and they aren't on Revscene; so I'll I'll dumb it down and share it here.

The reason I repeat "last verse, same as the first", because you keep repeating the "dumb" over and over and.... It's okay. But don't doubt any more. Love to hate....3...2..1... but but but Trump... No - you.
...What?

This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2020, 10:10 PM   #7568
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2020, 10:21 PM   #7569

Quote:
So when a Doctor, who was the head of Pfizer's studies for vaccinations, comes out and says, "wait a minute, these chemicals don't seem right", you, keyboard cowboy, discards the an educated Doctor, that has years leading the pharma 'scientists' , you they say it's political (because that's the new easy way bullshit way to not have facts but supports your keyboard feelings),

For this one time, you don't throw "Trump" into one of your responses (called on that easy judgement over again and over again). You, who loves to hate, concedes now, that an elected politician" If it was a politician telling me that vaccines are safe then yeah, I'd like to hear what a doctor has to say."

Doctors, not haters, have spoken, and we'll always learn more for the better of humanity. Will you ever learn to stop your prejudice?

Now, my opinion - Piss off with your "Trump responses (because you have no logical response)" and sanctimony; when underscore said stupid people spew out the same ol same ol - that's you. You know it is, so enjoy your pithy relevance. I'll switch it up, doubt the rest here will, so reap what you sow.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:23 PM   #7570

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
...What?

Exactly
Old 12-04-2020, 11:04 PM   #7571
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
My friend made a good point, she said while we don't know if there are any long term issues with the vaccine, we do know there are many long term effects of covid, even if you have a mild case, so for her, taking the vaccine doesn't seem like a problem, especially if you're an older person who may not have decades left in the bank
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 11:04 PM   #7572
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
So when a Doctor, who was the head of Pfizer's studies for vaccinations, comes out and says, "wait a minute, these chemicals don't seem right", you, keyboard cowboy, discards the an educated Doctor, that has years leading the pharma 'scientists' , you they say it's political (because that's the new easy way bullshit way to not have facts but supports your keyboard feelings),
Do you have a source on that? I'm curious what they're saying (even though I doubt I'll understand any technical stuff). Of course being an ex-employee, I also have to be curious how their employment ended. Someone trying to hurt the company because they got sacked isn't exactly unheard of.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2020, 11:19 PM   #7573
My homepage has been set to RS

https://www.csail.mit.edu/news/mit-s...sian-americans

MIT study: Covid-19 vaccines may be less effective for Asians
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 11:53 PM   #7574
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,459 Times in 5,117 Posts
Quote:
Do you have a source on that? I'm curious what they're saying (even though I doubt I'll understand any technical stuff). Of course being an ex-employee, I also have to be curious how their employment ended. Someone trying to hurt the company because they got sacked isn't exactly unheard of.
Anti-Vaxxer’s: “Good on the whistleblower, what a hero that doctor is with absolutely no research into any reasons he or she might have for saying what they did and no critical thinking, we just need more people to speak up because the government is trying to control us and it’s not right!!”

Likely the exact same people during Russia investigation: “fuck that traitor whistleblower, that left wing socialist Marxist baby raping piece of shit, give us his identity so we can drag him behind a pickup truck!”

Idiots.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 07:23 AM   #7575

Quote:
Check back one page here. Friday night wobbly pop posts are epic in hindsight.
This post thanked by: