REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-08-2021, 05:06 PM   #9526
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,728 Times in 895 Posts
Because we can't let the Asians be better than us^^ we have human rights and freedom
Advertisement
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 05:46 PM   #9527
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,453 Times in 5,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

While this comes from the opposition it doesn’t make it any less valid.

The current situation isn’t one where “oh it is what it is”

The current situation is one that really couldn’t have been handled worse. From PPE, to vaccine procurement, to provincial and federal mask guidelines. There have been HUGE misteps at almost every step.

It’s very clear that turd didn’t prioritize paying top dollar for the vaccines when they became available, and here we are. Begging for a lock down when the rest of the world opens up as a result of their vaccination program. A country like Canada should not be where they are on that list regardless of who is in power. The liberals attitude obviously contributed to this state.
Again, go to the NYTimes website Where the Cons grabbed that and take that chart and change it to sort for % of population that has been vaccinated and this is the result:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...s-tracker.html

Seychelles 105 102,080 66% 39%
Bhutan 62 470,976 62% –
Israel 115 10,189,198 60% 55%
Maldives 51 263,832 50% 1.5%
U.K. 56 37,391,103 48% 8.5%
Chile 61 11,396,072 38% 23%
Bahrain 56 879,825 35% 21%
Malta 46 223,020 33% 13%
United States 52 171,476,655 33% 19%
Monaco 53 20,510 30% 23%
Antigua and Barbuda 27 26,424 27% –
Hungary 38 3,686,031 27% 11%
San Marino 42 14,102 26% 16%
Dominica 22 16,058 22% –
Uruguay 26 912,371 22% 4.1%
Barbados 22 63,738 22% –
Serbia 38 2,687,311 22% 16%
Singapore 30 1,667,522 20% 9.5%
Finland 20 1,083,567 18% 1.6%
Estonia 23 302,626 18% 5.4%
Canada 19 6,990,144 17% 2.0%

Suddenly we are ahead of ALL of mainland Europe. And I would hasten to say a large majority of the countries ahead of us are using questionable vaccines -- ie: Estonia, Uruguay, Serbia or Bahrain?

Statistics are easily manipulated to suit a purpose. We're going to say a massive bump in our % in the next week too.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2021, 05:59 PM   #9528
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
That's why I dont trust stats.

Good charts and flipping the % on you too.

I ask this to everyone.. Yes we might be not doing a good job... Tell me 3 things you would do differently?

let me guess
1) buy more vaccines... ughh you don't think it's being bought asap?
2) expedite everything....it's already fooking air shipment.

It doesn't help Canada is such a big country.
Israel is # 1... it's cause it's the SIZE of MOTHER FOOKING the size of New Jersery. (8,019 square miles or 20,770 square kilometers)

Try transporting and adminstering within singapore versus canada. Land mass causes a lot of logistical issues.

OH.. doesn't help with my mom and dad who are eligible not taking action in getting the vaccine.

"oh, i have hip problems, i don't trust it" WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFF what does hip issues have to do with when you got your vaccine when u r 3 yrs old in Hong Kong or the vaccine now for COVID.

Dad is "i'll wait and see"... wtffff

mom: 'i'lll get the other ones" why would you NOT get P or Morderna ??????
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2021, 06:38 PM   #9529
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
I can only tell you one thing with certainty I'd do differently.
I'd fine the people not following the rules. Not 500 warnings for every ticket issued. That created a culture of "oh what are they going to do?" and thats the driver, at least here in BC, as shown by 50+% of the transmissions happening in home gatherings.
Would it make a difference? I don't fucking know, I'm a chef.....but if all the food I send out tastes like shit, I have to find another job, so I don't think holding people in charge accountable is unreasonable. I totally understand a lot of things are out of their control, and a lot of things have been done right, but as someone who's expected to bat 1000 every day/night at work or I get shredded on the internet by some fucks that have no idea about anything to do with food, I have a low tolerance for failure of the things that are in your control.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:29 PM   #9530
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,004 Times in 1,909 Posts
It didn't sit well with me that the gov't shut down Gusto and Corduroy Pie until mid April ... which is a HUGE punishment, now they can't even do take out and try to break even. Whereas those idiots that gather at Art Gallery get high fives from police ... WTF?
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:08 PM   #9531

I assure you, as someone who looks at restaurant numbers every day, shut down til the 19th would be a blessing. They risked the reputation of an entire industry in the public eye. Fuck the owner of corduroy. I am more sympathetic to the owner of Gusto, as he didn't go full Qanon with his reaction. We are setting money on fire trying to keep people employed, which is my top priority, that my staff can pay their rent/mortgages.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2021, 08:18 PM   #9532

Quote:
This conflicts with what I saw today on the news that we were ahead of Germany and France for vaccines administered.

edit: this graph confirms what I saw
https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

Double edit: the info shared by you takes doses administered while the graph I showed shows population with vaccines, which brings up another issue for me. All our opposition wants to do is see our current government fuck shit up. They don't give a shit about the people in this country being safe and healthy. All politics here is a game to win or lose with no consideration of the good of the citizens.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by westopher; 04-08-2021 at 08:28 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2021, 08:34 PM   #9533
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
all i see are excuses tbh..when's the last time we had to scroll down to find canada buried in a list when it came to health initiatives/life expectancy etc.?

bhutan, a poor and very mountainous country that had AZ gifted from india, with a single related death, managed to vaccinate 85% of its adults in a week

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...in-record-time
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:38 PM   #9534
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
all i see are excuses tbh..when's the last time we had to scroll down to find canada buried in a list when it came to health initiatives/life expectancy etc.?

bhutan, a poor and very mountainous country that had AZ gifted from india, with a single related death, managed to vaccinate 85% of its adults in a week

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...in-record-time
well it is sorta ruled by a king... , did not have elections till 2008

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:41 PM   #9535
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
my coworkers and i signed up and took the immunization training almost a month ago, not a peep..vch/fh obviously got this handled and dont need our help
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:27 PM   #9536
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:29 PM   #9537
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
Old 04-08-2021, 09:36 PM   #9538
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,305 Times in 2,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
I ask this to everyone.. Yes we might be not doing a good job... Tell me 3 things you would do differently?
Here are the 3 things that I'd do differently if I were PM:

1) Impose a mandatory 14-day quarantine on all incoming international travelers back in Feb / March 2020. I actually wrote to Hajdu multiple times back them asking / urging / begging her to do this, and I am pretty sure I wasn't alone.

2) Sort of what Westopher said -- I'll give you a first warning for flouting Health Order rules, but the 2nd time you do this again, you are getting fined / shut down etc., and I will make sure you pay for that violation. Garnish wages, disallow auto insurance / driver licence renewal, you name it. I'll make sure violators feel the pain.

3) Impose a mandatory 14-day quarantine on non-work-related interprovincial travels. Manitoba and the Maritimes have that, and they are doing better than ON, QC, BC, and AB which do not practice that same rule.

These 3 things won't be enough to prevent or eliminate the problems we are seeing, but I sure think Canada wouldn't be in as deep a trouble as we are now had these been implemented.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 07:23 AM   #9539
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Part of the issue seems to be you'd need to get the RCMP/VPD/etc to not be useless at enforcement. It doesn't matter what they mandate if nobodies willing to actually make it stick.

As for any fuckupa from the feds, there's obviously no way to know for sure but seeing the Cons just flipping stats to make the Libs look as bad as possible instead of trying to do something helpful makes me think we'd be in the same spot or worse with then in charge.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2021, 07:26 AM   #9540
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
What's the actual booking website?

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/getvaccinated.html

Just gives you the process, but not the actual booking link (trying to get my parents booked)

Edit: nevmind, found it

Last edited by StylinRed; 04-09-2021 at 07:33 AM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 08:04 AM   #9541
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Honest question.

If you look around the world, besides immediate strict rules like Taiwan and some others, have these restrictions really made a difference on a grand scale? If one looks at the US, are their stats way off from others? I haven’t looked but probably will right after I type this. How is Sweden doing now? They went into a plunge but what happened at the end? I see them just below us on the “vaccination” list above.

The only reason I ask is because you look at Canada. Large country, different areas using different protocols. Ontario has been way more strict then BC but our numbers remain similar. East coast has some strict rules (and central Canada) but their population are far less dense, which seems to be one of the biggest contributors.

Edit: I looked. Cases are all over the map lol. I won’t delete this as I’m sure I will get someone riled up and post something fun. Ha. Highest cases definitely correspond with number of tests taken that’s for sure. Looking at Deaths, we are doing pretty good I’d say.

Last edited by hud 91gt; 04-09-2021 at 08:14 AM.
hud 91gt is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2021, 08:07 AM   #9542

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Part of the issue seems to be you'd need to get the RCMP/VPD/etc to not be useless at enforcement. It doesn't matter what they mandate if nobodies willing to actually make it stick.

As for any fuckupa from the feds, there's obviously no way to know for sure but seeing the Cons just flipping stats to make the Libs look as bad as possible instead of trying to do something helpful makes me think we'd be in the same spot or worse with then in charge.
Letting the party that put us in this position off the hook because “anyone would do just as bad” is the reason why Canada is so gross when it comes to politics.

It’s hard to believe any other party would have handled it this bad.
Old 04-09-2021, 08:39 AM   #9543
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,453 Times in 5,114 Posts
It could be a lot worse, Cons could have gone Trump-lite and ignored doctors or failed to provide any meaningful financial assistance or had an anti-mask sentiment.

Don’t forget that even Trump himself didn’t actually close borders off or shut down travel like he claimed he did (or like Traum is rightfully saying should have been done) so even a protectionist policy that would have actually helped instead of hurt he didn’t follow through in what should have been a predictable move.

Our hospital and health care system is nowhere even near as robust as the USA with all their gigantic and numerous private hospitals... any other country besides USA who handled it like they did would have been an unmitigated disaster... which arguably it still is anyway.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2021, 08:55 AM   #9544

Canada is gross when it comes to politics because the other party would do just as bad. No ones off the hook, it’s that they all have well deserved reputations for being shit.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2021, 09:11 AM   #9545

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Quote:
Letting the party that put us in this position off the hook because “anyone would do just as bad” is the reason why Canada is so gross when it comes to politics.

It’s hard to believe any other party would have handled it this bad.
I'm not letting them off the hook, I'm saying the Cons would be as bad or worse because both parties are shit. On a global scale they aren't that bad, but for a developed nation it's pretty bad that our options are team ethics violations and team stuck in the 1940s.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2021, 09:15 AM   #9546

I’m not saying you specifically but Canada in general when it comes to it.

The one thing cons would have is generally they support business better than the libs, if that would ha resulted in less lockdowns and resulting more cases, who knows. But personally it’s hard for me to believe the cons would have done worse.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:17 AM   #9547

When's the shut down, we did it last March, so it can be done, they can't bs us that they can't. I think ppl are sick and tired of the gov doing Jack shit just shut it down for a month and start from zero. It's not like they have a choice, it's coming like many has called it last year, delaying it will just make things worse. There is no economy if Coronas can't be contained.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:21 AM   #9548

We shut down last March? Lol

It’s bizarre to think back to August staying at the lakeside resort in Penticton and masks weren’t required inside.. lol
Old 04-09-2021, 10:06 AM   #9549

^^ when all work places were closed, I think restaurants were take out only, gas was cheap, don't remember what they called it back then.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:35 AM   #9550

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
We could have tried herd immunity like Sweden. That would have been a lot worse.