REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-20-2021, 03:11 PM   #10676
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Capacity was never 1/3 at any point. I meant was basing off full capacity, which accentuates the point that none of us in the industry have any clue what to expect from Dr. Bonnie Henry's knee jerk announcements.

Are indoor restrictions going to be extended? 30%? 50%? 70%?
Advertisement
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 03:53 PM   #10677
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,520 Times in 1,511 Posts
A few of us in the M3 chat have been vaccinated since Saturday to today. Looks like we all got Pfizer FA8721

The suspense is worse than the shot. I straight up asked if she jabbed it. IMS is 100x worse.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 08:12 PM   #10678
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,120 Times in 991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Q:. Are you guys open for take out or small amount of patio dining? If so, is it that much harder to ramp up for in-person dining? If you're ramping up from 0 ..I get that it's a big endeavor but if you are open in some capacity, is it not just a matter of scale?
I'm super curious what industry you are in where you can ramp up 10x in days notice?
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 09:01 PM   #10679
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,927 Times in 1,873 Posts
^ My parents owned a mom and pop restaurant when I was young, capacity of 100 in the dining room. I worked in the kitchen, although that is not on the scale or level as westopher or Obseidon ... I'm not a newb, I think I understand a smidgeon of the complexity - calling in servers, chefs, and ordering raw materials.

If I was in charge of a restaurant, I would plan for something like what it was before the 'circuit breaker' for this coming Tues and beyond. I might even order groceries a bit on the cautious side, if I sell out ... I sell out, I'll close the restaurant an hour early. People will understand this first week or two is ramping up time.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2021, 09:15 PM   #10680
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,020 Times in 7,110 Posts
You understand, because you have an obvious empathy to restaurant owners, cooks, and the operations, but the general public doesn't understand. We still have people coming to the restaurant and getting mad because they cant sit inside.
I can say though, in 15 years, no situation has ever been like this, and staffing has never been harder, and for good reason. People are sick of being talented and hard working, and being treated like shit, emotionally and financially. The whole industry is at a tipping point. its a forest fire and they are pouring gas on the flames.
I'm very proud of how fuckin hard I work to make sure that my staff doesn't feel like that, but there are still parameters of profitability that limit what we can afford to pay. That's on clientele expectation for money spent. I've mentioned before, too much of the competition is built around operating at a loss. Developers and real estate moguls love losing money in restaurants for the tax savings and for the vanity of getting to entertain people.
I hope at least one thing that comes of it is people appreciate how much fun, and how many of their best social outings happen at restaurants and are willing to pay for it, and really consider where they spend their money, and the people that really give their all in the industry will be rewarded appropriately, and those that don't, find something else they are better at.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2021, 10:18 PM   #10681
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,760 Times in 902 Posts
I'm probably the only one that doesn't know but what resto do you work at Westopher?

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 10:25 PM   #10682
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,380 Times in 857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
I'm probably the only one that doesn't know but what resto do you work at Westopher?
Have you seen his tats? Probably Cactus Club or Milestones, for sure.
Old 05-20-2021, 10:45 PM   #10683
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,108 Times in 5,002 Posts
Good news: Got my Pfizer vaccine at Kwantlen in Richmond today, the lineup was actually really long and for some reason they don't want it going down the west side of the building ??? so they made it really confusing for everyone making 2 lineups etc... quite a gong show prior to getting inside.

Goodish news: Didn't even notice the shot going in, my arm was sore after... I walked there and walked home, felt pretty sleepy as I was walking home

Terrible news: When I was almost home, my vet called me and told me a lump they tested on my doggy is cancer... have to find out tomorrow what my options are She's almost 15 years old. I am feeling super shitty tonight... but I don't know if that's from the vaccine or the news
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 11:44 PM   #10684
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
Aw poor doggo, hopefully it's an easy fix/recovery
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2021, 04:02 AM   #10685
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,497 Times in 4,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
No one remembers they did this at White Spot?
A&W on Hastings had a drive in, complete with carhops on roller skates. They were located on the north side of Hastings near where Chong Lee is today. Long gone, but I remember going there for the first time in my uncle's car. He was the only person we knew of who could afford a car.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 07:18 AM   #10686
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
Yay, I received my first vaccine shot of Pfizer yesterday afternoon at the Italian Cultural Centre in east Van.

No major side effects, knock on wood, other than some soreness in my left shoulder.

A good point that is mentioned on the Ministry of Health vaccination aftercare info. sheets that I received today is about the immunization record card.

Although the government has online records of anyone receiving their first and second vaccine shots, the vaccine aftercare info. sheets remind people to bring their immunization record card with them to the clinic so that the card gets updated after they get their second shot.

The nurse was pretty chill. -said "Relaaax" to me so that I can get my left arm loosened up before the shot.

He also made some small talk after confirming some of my personal info. and telling me that he is giving me Pfizer.

"Wow, those are cool glasses". "Thanks"

"LeBron wears these types of glasses"

"Sorry, I can't hear you clearly with your mask on "

"LeBron James wears this brand of glasses"

"Wow! That's cool! What is the brand of glasses that LeBron wears?"

"Kio Yamato"

Then the vaccine shot happens.
Old 05-21-2021, 08:06 AM   #10687
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,760 Times in 902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
Have you seen his tats? Probably Cactus Club or Milestones, for sure.
Lol have not, at this point I don't even know if he's white, asian, black or what. Only asking cause if it's within range of my work I'm going to hit it up for lunch since I rarely ever bring lunch. May as well support!

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2021, 08:38 AM   #10688
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
Lol have not, at this point I don't even know if he's white, asian, black or what. Only asking cause if it's within range of my work I'm going to hit it up for lunch since I rarely ever bring lunch. May as well support!
He's a 6'9" Samoan. Pretty hard to miss.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 08:49 AM   #10689
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Terrible news: When I was almost home, my vet called me and told me a lump they tested on my doggy is cancer... have to find out tomorrow what my options are She's almost 15 years old. I am feeling super shitty tonight... but I don't know if that's from the vaccine or the news
I lost my 15-year-old pup a while back. Wishing you all the best and hope that there's a positive light to the situation.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2021, 09:47 AM   #10690
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,218 Times in 1,611 Posts
Thought I might provide a quick update on interchangeability of vaccines.

As of right now, there is no data on the safety/efficacy of doing this. Studies in the UK are being conducted right now where the first dose was AZ and second dose is Pfizer/Moderna. As many are already aware, AZ is different vaccine technology than Pfizer/Moderna.

Here in BC, we are not pushing for/advocating for the mixing of any vaccines. If your first dose was AZ, we are keeping enough supply for your second dose. Anyone who received Pfizer/Moderna, the plan is to give you the same brand for your second dose. Interestingly though, other provinces have (preemptively?) approved mixing of vaccines for second dose. In BC, we are waiting on the results of the UK study and keeping it as a possibility for future doses. This should take a few weeks to find out.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2021, 09:53 AM   #10691
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Is this like murd0c's avatar or people spreading rumours that dukes is a woman? BTW, Tos'd is................... nvm.

Besides, Samona gods don't cook. Their worshippers offer them food, wine, and women at the drop of a hat.

Old 05-21-2021, 10:02 AM   #10692
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
You can't just "ramp up" 10x the capacity overnight. Food needs to be prepped, oysters need to be delivered.
Staff need to be scheduled. Many of my staff have found random side jobs to fill in time and pay their bills. Unlike Westopher I don't have chefs stuffed into closets in the back room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Think of it this way.
If we are fully open we will sell 35kg of beef short ribs in two days
If we have a slow patio and take out only day I may sell 3.5kg
If I order 35kg, and we have a shitty week of bad weather, and the restrictions arenÂ’t lifted thatÂ’s enough for 10 days.
ThatÂ’s not fresh, and not the kind of product we want to send out.
It takes 2 days to properly prep. ItÂ’s one basic way of looking at it, but extrapolate that over 100 ingredients and like 40-50 prep items.
We are also running with 3 people a day in the kitchen instead of 7, so getting people in requires planning, and IÂ’m doing my absolute best to make sure I donÂ’t tell someone to work and say oh never mind we donÂ’t need you, so people can at least plan their lives.
Also if I bring people in for a 3 day work week, instead of 1 or 2 , they no longer qualify for the government benefits put in place for people who have lost hours. ItÂ’s complex. As obsideon said also some are doing side jobs to make extra money while their hours are cut. ItÂ’s not fair to them or their other employers to expect they can drop that without warning.
Respect for trying to juggle all the balls through this bullshit while Horgan is out there like:

JD¹³ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 10:17 AM   #10693
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,232 Times in 2,483 Posts
Got Pfizer-ed this morning at the Italian Cultural Center. I was literally in and out in 20 mins, and that includes the 15 min post vaccine wait.

My deltoid muscle started getting sore after I got home. Let's see what else might show up...
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 10:40 AM   #10694
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
got my pfizer yesterday at ICC. small line up around 1:30 and was in and out within 30 minutes.

just pain in the arm today so far and feeling tired.
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 11:14 AM   #10695
MG1

Quote:
I’ll be going to both Obsideon and the Samoan’s place of business in the next few weeks. I’ll find time in my busy schedule to make it work.

This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2021, 01:15 PM   #10696
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
A&W on Hastings had a drive in, complete with carhops on roller skates. They were located on the north side of Hastings near where Chong Lee is today. Long gone, but I remember going there for the first time in my uncle's car. He was the only person we knew of who could afford a car.
The Chong Lee on Hastings has been gone for a while now.
They are down to the one store on Victoria.

The old Hastings location is now a condo IIRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:22 PM   #10697
Ebisu Boss

Quote:
Wave next time you see him in the kitchen.

This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2021, 01:24 PM   #10698
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,644 Times in 2,300 Posts
Quote:
I thought he was white lol
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:38 PM   #10699
Ebisu Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
I thought he was white lol
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2021, 01:55 PM   #10700
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,020 Times in 7,110 Posts
It’s true, I actually am a white.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote