REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-02-2021, 09:33 AM   #10876
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,344 Times in 1,787 Posts
Failed 114 Times in 70 Posts
Here's the thing. When the mask mandate is no longer there and the government's priority is no longer to push mass vaccinations. These fucking morons are going to think that they won because they've changed the minds of everyone including government. The COVID was, in fact, a giant hoax/conspiracy.

It isn't because the rest of us took the vaccine and took this shit seriously but because they through their efforts has woke all of us.
Advertisement

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 09:59 AM   #10877
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,123 Times in 1,935 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
I think the fact that most anti-vaxxers can’t just stfu and not take the vaccine but instead have to promote these ideas into everyone possible just goes to show it’s not really a personal view but some fucking self-assuring consirpacy theory akin to every other one out there
This 100%

As I've said before, I'm not online posting about vaccine efficacy, or making attempts to persuade doubters online. I got vaccinated, and that's my decision.

Why do these folks feel the need to constantly post the idea of not getting vaccinated, or doubting the vaccine's efficacy, etc? You don't want one, then don't get one, we're already @ 70% vaccinated in BC. Fill your fucking boots if you don't want one.

I received a lot of msgs on my post, mostly positive, though I had a few acquittances I got into arguments with. Their main argument is herd immunity, and that COVID is the "flu", malaria is far worse, yadda yadda.

These arguments are all completely irrelevant. In order to travel to most countries, there will be requirements that you are vaccinated, plain and simple. You can't fight the system, you are merely delaying the inevitable.

You try arguing about COVID being the "flu" with customs when you try to land in Thailand without a vaccine, I wish you the best of luck
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-02-2021, 10:04 AM   #10878
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,516 Times in 2,625 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Saw this news article yesterday, and it made me wonder what might be going through the person's thick head:

Anti-vaxxer sheriff's deputy dies from COVID-19 complications shortly after mocking the vaccine on Facebook
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/anti-vaxxe...120803899.html
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 10:22 AM   #10879
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,344 Times in 1,787 Posts
Failed 114 Times in 70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Saw this news article yesterday, and it made me wonder what might be going through the person's thick head:

Anti-vaxxer sheriff's deputy dies from COVID-19 complications shortly after mocking the vaccine on Facebook
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/anti-vaxxe...120803899.html
They're deniers. There's countless posts and experiences that healthcare workers have posted about people in the COVID ward and people that have died from COVID.

The vast majority of the anti-vaxxers and deniers continue to deny even on their death bed. Their families also deny that it's COVID that killed them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/c...ened_when_you/

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 10:44 AM   #10880
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,405 Times in 590 Posts
Failed 365 Times in 100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Ask them it they'd visit the Congo without getting a yellow fever, dengue, typhoid, or malaria vaccination.
Not the fairest of comparisons when these are all very well known drugs that have proven track records over decades. With that said though there are now lawsuits being filed in multiple countries whose governments gave their soldiers Mefloquine as an anti-malarial. A fully accredited and approved drug. Modern medicine is a very wonderful thing but they don't always get it 100% right. Being an all-inclusive aNtI-vAxXeR is one thing but someone being hesitant about taking the first mRNA vaccines ever used en masse in humans, rushed for this strain of coronavirus, and only approved for emergency use isn't deserving of being chastised. Their body, their choice.
Quote:
These people also have no hesitation to drink profusely, or eat garbage food, and yet their primary concern is a vaccine from a pharmaceutical company that can be sued into oblivion if such vaccine lacked real efficacy?

These people are asinine.
I get the sentiment comparing the shit people put in their body, but, this is a false statement. These drug makers have zero liability for any lack of efficacy, side effects, injury, or death caused by their drugs. That is unless it's proven there was willful ignorance. They are still open to civil suit if they mislead, are fraudulent, or hide information to which I say have fun Googling how many billions of dollars in fines these exact pharmaceutical companies have paid for doing just that. Canada had no Vaccine Injury Compensation Fund (only G7 nation not to) up until a few months ago and odds are it'll be a nightmare to get any compensation out of the government for those people who've had serious complications.
JD¹³ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-02-2021, 10:45 AM   #10881
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,221 Times in 4,012 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Why do these folks feel the need to constantly post the idea of not getting vaccinated, or doubting the vaccine's efficacy, etc?
Because they're desperate to be smarter than everyone else. At least that's my view of the ones I've come across, who most certainly are not very bright people.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-02-2021, 11:09 AM   #10882
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Failed 71 Times in 38 Posts
Quote:
This 100%

As I've said before, I'm not online posting about vaccine efficacy, or making attempts to persuade doubters online. I got vaccinated, and that's my decision.

Why do these folks feel the need to constantly post the idea of not getting vaccinated, or doubting the vaccine's efficacy, etc? You don't want one, then don't get one, we're already @ 70% vaccinated in BC. Fill your fucking boots if you don't want one.

I received a lot of msgs on my post, mostly positive, though I had a few acquittances I got into arguments with. Their main argument is herd immunity, and that COVID is the "flu", malaria is far worse, yadda yadda.

These arguments are all completely irrelevant. In order to travel to most countries, there will be requirements that you are vaccinated, plain and simple. You can't fight the system, you are merely delaying the inevitable.

You try arguing about COVID being the "flu" with customs when you try to land in Thailand without a vaccine, I wish you the best of luck
aren't we at 50+%? I don't think 70.

When people say it's the flu, I say this flu can fucking kill you. Which one would you prefer? Don't feel well for a few days or die? I didn't even bother explaining the complications after recovery.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 11:10 AM   #10883
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Add a bit more to my previous post

Looked up the original origin of the badge and it's been used throughout history and worn as a "Badge of Shame" which were also used for public humiliation (think of the black and white striped prisoner outfits).

Are they shaming & humiliating themselves at the same time or are they expecting it to be some sort of power statement?????
That was the first thought that went through my mind when I saw the picture.

Is it supposed to be a good thing to show they are an anti-vaxxer or meant to be badge of shame but she looked proud to be an anti-vaxxer.

That being said, I've been going into the office at work because everyone else has been WFH.
Today, a few other ppl came in and one of them said she will be the first in line at the border when the borders reopen so she can drive to Sea-Tac to fly to San Diego so she can get her freak on and then come back and not have to quarantine.

I think it is time I look for a new job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 11:11 AM   #10884
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,826 Times in 7,364 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
We are at 71% of adults and 67% of eligible adolescents with the first dose in BC, as of yesterday.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-02-2021, 11:49 AM   #10885
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,842 Times in 3,881 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
@sumaznguy can’t she get laid up here?
Old 06-02-2021, 12:37 PM   #10886
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,833 Times in 5,622 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Yah sumaznguy... TOFTT

She gave you an opening clear as day!
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-02-2021, 12:42 PM   #10887
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,468 Times in 2,026 Posts
Failed 173 Times in 83 Posts
After witnessing both ends of the covid cringe carnival, I just stopped giving a fuck what anyone's thoughts and opinions were. Once vaccines came out, I knew things would gradually improve from where we were.

I can't imagine immersing myself in the daily tripe that social media whips at me like turds fresh out the baboon's behind. I learned in like 1998 not to argue with people over the Internet

Then again, I only have Facebook and that's just because of Marketplace though I'm considering making an account just for that. I've purchased things from people who have made those accounts and so far, I haven't been murdered despite my life feeling purgatory-esque lately...
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 01:15 PM   #10888
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Failed 4,294,967,295 Times in 169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Today, a few other ppl came in and one of them said she will be the first in line at the border when the borders reopen so she can drive to Sea-Tac to fly to San Diego so she can get her freak on and then come back and not have to quarantine.

Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 02:19 PM   #10889
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,411 Times in 861 Posts
Failed 36 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
one of them said she will be the first in line at the border when the borders reopen so she can drive to Sea-Tac to fly to San Diego so she can get her freak on and then come back and not have to quarantine.
Sounds like she'll still have to quarantine, but not because of covid.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:59 AM   #10890
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
@sumaznguy can’t she get laid up here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Yah sumaznguy... TOFTT

She gave you an opening clear as day!
I would but she like them black. Calling MG1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 01:17 PM   #10891

Thanked 3,602 Times in 1,751 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
Dr B's Covid update:

199 new cases for June 3rd.

Dr. Bonnie reiterates that people can take either the messenger RNA, MRNA vaccines Pfizer or Moderna as a second shot if people had A Z as the first shot.

She said that B.C. has plenty of vaccine available.

As an alternative, people can also take a second shot of A Z too.
Old 06-03-2021, 02:27 PM   #10892
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,771 Times in 5,864 Posts
Failed 2,049 Times in 680 Posts
Honestly if I got AZ I’d probably stick to AZ

We’ll see when the time comes but I feel like as of now if I don’t get the same shot I received first round (Moderna) I’ll probably walk.

Watching Theresa Tam fumble through a press conference about mixing and the extremely limited testing done with mixing doses doesn’t exactly enstill confidence in me. I’m not anti-vac or anything close to that but say in 1/2/10 years there a problem with one or the other or other long term effects arise, I’ll take my chances with a single manufacturer rather than exposing myself to the potential risk of mixing them.

The mRNA vaccines are based on the same principle, but they arrive at their end product in a different way. Also the Moderna is far less concentrated than Pfizer. Whether that means anything or not, I can’t say. But given my health status and having had the first shot, I kinda feel like I’ve been part of the “pilot project” enough at this point.
Old 06-03-2021, 02:35 PM   #10893
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Failed 178 Times in 73 Posts
So when are we allowed to receive our 2nd dose? its been alil over 5 weeks since my first dose of AZ. Its hard to keep up with all the rule changes and suggestions on when i should get my 2nd dose
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2021, 03:53 PM   #10894
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
Also you may want to consider if travelling to other countries what "fully vaccinated" means to them. Is it 2 doses of the same vaccine? Or will they accept a mix-and-match?

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2021, 04:04 PM   #10895
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,837 Times in 1,100 Posts
Failed 16 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
Also you may want to consider if travelling to other countries what "fully vaccinated" means to them. Is it 2 doses of the same vaccine? Or will they accept a mix-and-match?
^^ this

i think despite my willingness to take whatever is recommended this will be what pushes me to stick w the same AZ dose.

frustrating though.

"trust the science - follow medical advice from doctors. don't listen to conspiracy theorists and confirmation bias"

ok - what should I go with?

"you'll have to make that decision for yourself"

like - based on what? I'm not an expert in this subject - nor do I wish to be. that's literally her job

my accountant pulls that shit too. now I corner him into telling me what he would do in my position - which is exactly what DBH should be doing.
The Producer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 04:17 PM   #10896
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,345 Times in 589 Posts
Failed 149 Times in 56 Posts
By now you would think people should have the fucking decency to cover their face when they sneeze in PUBLIC. I went for a quick run after work around the elementary school near my place, this fucking CHINESE guy (not being racist in any way shape or form here - I myself being Asian), sticks his fucking head out his car window and decides to sneeze twice. Are people that fucking stupid still....
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 04:43 PM   #10897
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,173 Times in 1,553 Posts
Failed 120 Times in 54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
this fucking CHINESE guy
All good. You probably meant to say Mainlander.
Old 06-03-2021, 04:50 PM   #10898

Thanked 14,842 Times in 3,881 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
I’ll be sticking with AZ. Been a month for me, I assume I will be contacted when I have a spot available?

And yeah if it’s forced mixing, I’d rather just stick with my one dose
Old 06-03-2021, 06:15 PM   #10899
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,547 Times in 4,925 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
Quote:
I would but she like them black. Calling MG1.
She want black fuck Buddy? I’m saving myself for IG. She can drain you. I’m not a spring chicken anymore. What am I saying? I wouldn’t even do her with your dick.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 06:17 PM   #10900
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,547 Times in 4,925 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
I’m still waiting for the invitation text for 2nd dose. It says I’m eligible. Oh well, I’ve waited for over two goddamn years for my Nexus interview. Still not happening.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: