REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-18-2020, 09:17 AM   #2076
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
^^^ yeah..... CATHAY is trying to tell me I am not eligible for a refund, I booked through flight hub and surprisingly they will issue me a refund but only when they talk to CATHAY. On CATHAYS website I am allowed a refund with no issues... back and forth BS
Yeah, Westjet said that to me as well how Expedia needs to call them. I would've preferred the refund but just settled with the credit instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I got told to fuck off/too bad so sad basically a week or so ago for my April flight to LAX on Westjet which was booked through trip.com...... but now that Westjet is cancelling all their flights I think I should be able to? Not sure how to approach it though... guess I'll be spending a lot of time on hold.
I was in the same situation, had a flight to Palm Springs in April with Westjet. Maybe you'll have better luck contacting trip than expedia
Advertisement
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 09:23 AM   #2077
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
The difference is we aren’t creating world threatening viruses through our social norms.
haha there's no proof china created it. It's all conspiracy, just like the conspiracy that the US created if in the first place...

btw, to answer your other question. Life in China is pretty much almost back to normal. 90% of the shops are up and running in Shanghai atm, but the malls and restaurants are still half empty. Temp check and registration literally everywhere still. The only few new cases are from people coming back overseas. Wuhan is close to ending quarantine too. Some friends there are finally allowed out of their apartments
Old 03-18-2020, 09:36 AM   #2078
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
The difference is we aren’t creating world threatening viruses through our social norms.
Eating bats or wild animals is far from a social norm in China.

Most people don't have access to and don't have the money to purchase wild animals like that. Underground markets, like I mentioned, will always exist. You can't eliminate them, period.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2020, 09:45 AM   #2079
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,693 Times in 1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J____ View Post
haha there's no proof china created it. It's all conspiracy, just like the conspiracy that the US created if in the first place...
I think he means created in the sense that it originated...not that someone nefariously decided to make it.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2020, 09:50 AM   #2080
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,253 Times in 1,966 Posts

Under a microscope

Also:

https://asiatimes.com/2020/03/austra...covid-19-cure/

Don't get too excited. Still a process to get to the end goal.

Quote:
There is an urgent push to develop effective Covid-19 treatments because a vaccine for widespread use is not expected to be developed for at least 18 months.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2020, 10:37 AM   #2081
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,511 Times in 4,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
That thing looks nasty as fuck. Waiting to breed and mutate into a killing machine. War of the Worlds. The Martians’ revenge. Laying dormant until now, gulolol.

If the World Was Ending, you’ll Come Over, Right?
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:00 AM   #2082
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
What a piece of shit company.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/17/2...ves-treatments

Quote:
Medical company threatens to sue volunteers that 3D-printed valves for life-saving coronavirus treatments
72 comments

The valve typically costs about $11,000 — the volunteers made them for about $1
Old 03-18-2020, 11:05 AM   #2083
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,817 Times in 3,901 Posts
is yesterday’s restaruant ban still in effect ? Did establishments in bby shut down as well?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:08 AM   #2084
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
I just went to subway in Burnaby but almost everything else in terms of dine-in options are closed.
Old 03-18-2020, 11:11 AM   #2085

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I just spoke with my manager, we laid off a bunch of staff today across western Canada, he was giving me the heads up because he laid off my team except for me.

Our owner is anticipating all new project starts to be delayed 3-4 months? It's a guess who really knows. Our Kitimat site has been shut down, the other large sites we're working on most likely getting shut down tomorrow.

I feel terrible for the people who have been let go, hoping it's only temporary and we can get the good ones back. Who knows I could be next at any point. I'll continue to keep working from home until I hear different.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2020, 11:21 AM   #2086

Thanked 31,149 Times in 7,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
is yesterday’s restaruant ban still in effect ? Did establishments in bby shut down as well?
We shut down dine in operations at the beginning of the week out of respect for our staff and patrons. We will continue to do home delivery through door dash once it’s up and running tomorrow as well as offer take out. I’m also working on a “grocery” sort of menu that allows our sauces, condiments, fresh bread and sausages as a retail offering. People gotta eat, and lots people can’t cook but they can at least heat shit up.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:37 AM   #2087
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Props to those guys! Tough personal decision to continue despite lawsuits from large companies like that. #proud
Old 03-18-2020, 11:49 AM   #2088

Pieces of shits still thriving haha - first picture of first post.
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/cost...ition-2362095/

In other news, nearly all groceries have imposed item limits on staples (so far I've seen limits on milk, eggs, meats, frozen foods, bread, TP et al.) - and as a result stock is still low but rising. Milk fridge was full. I went to Market Crossing save-on during lunch and was able to get milk, eggs, etc.

Still no pasta + sauce though, except for the gluten-free stuff haha - tons of that left.

Also, just a reminder to be nice to retail workers - one lady was frantically stocking cheese so I just thanked her for all they're doing and she said it genuinely meant a lot.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2020, 11:51 AM   #2089
Rs has made me the man i am today!

So my mom's clai friend told her that someone over the weekend went to the tnt on first Ave and just today they were tested positive.

I went there on Monday morning, so how do I confirm whether or not it's true that someone was indeed tested positive and the location etc? Call 811 and ask?
-"--"-
Doubl3_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 12:02 PM   #2090
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,437 Times in 376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
2) Canada's Six Biggest Banks Take Decisive Action to Help Customers Impacted by COVID-19
https://www.benzinga.com/pressreleas...ed-by-covid-19

This support will include up to a six-month payment deferral for mortgages, and the opportunity for relief on other credit products.
Does anyone have more information about the mortgage deferral? Is it only for insured mortgages with the Big 6 banks?
'06 BMW 330i [RIP]

'02 BMW M3
'99 Honda Civic SIR [sold]
'19 Civic Type R[sold]
'22 MINI Cooper SE
My Photojournal: simplexcars
Simplex123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 12:10 PM   #2091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplex123 View Post
Does anyone have more information about the mortgage deferral? Is it only for insured mortgages with the Big 6 banks?
https://www.reddit.com/r/PersonalFin...gage_deferral/

Seems to be case-by-case, and banks are 'hesitant' to offer it to people who don't really need it immediately. I suspect hold times will be astronomical.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2020, 12:15 PM   #2092
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post

In other news, nearly all groceries have imposed item limits on staples (so far I've seen limits on milk, eggs, meats, frozen foods, bread, TP et al.) - and as a result stock is still low but rising. Milk fridge was full. I went to Market Crossing save-on during lunch and was able to get milk, eggs, etc.

Still no pasta + sauce though, except for the gluten-free stuff haha - tons of that left.

Also, just a reminder to be nice to retail workers - one lady was frantically stocking cheese so I just thanked her for all they're doing and she said it genuinely meant a lot.
Nothing is really stopping anyone from just taking one off the dude. If I really needed one, I would've just walked up and took one.

What is the guy gonna do? Punch me? Costco isn't going to ban you.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 12:22 PM   #2093
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,663 Times in 3,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post

Under a microscope

my doggie bites on coronavirus everyday!!!! rawrrrr

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32981465612.html
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2020, 12:38 PM   #2094

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
I think people should refrain from posting photos of empty grocery shelves on their social media. It instills fear into people panic buying even though we’re probably way past that point now.
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2020, 12:39 PM   #2095

Thanked 31,149 Times in 7,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post

Shoot me a message! We have shitloads of awesome tomato sauces from scratch available. Out of respect for the thread and my businesses owner I won’t be posting where I work as I don’t want my opinions to represent it, but I’m happy to tell those individually.
Also if anyone needs some cooking advice for how to make some big batches of shit, and how to cook something they may have no idea how to, I’ll offer what I can.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 12:54 PM   #2096
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
Thanks Westopher, appreciate it.

There’s a couple restys around us I want to support, however their menu setup for take out is written so poorly I think it’s not going to go well for them..it’s a little Italian joint and I think English is their second language so when I emailed them regarding their post it turns out they wanted you to order 3 separate 3 course dinners...I’m gonna see if I can just buy a gift card from them but little mistakes like this can mean sink or swim unfortunately..

Another article, “99% of those who died from the virus in Italy had other health issues”

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...mpression=true

As far as you can trust articles like this
Old 03-18-2020, 01:08 PM   #2097
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,907 Times in 3,870 Posts
The WHO is recommending to avoid ibuprofen, and to instead use paracetamol for treating symptoms, as ibuprofen looks to be worsening the effects.

https://www.sciencealert.com/who-rec...id-19-symptoms
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 01:10 PM   #2098
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,758 Times in 3,869 Posts
Can’t wait for everyone to star leaning how to do canning and food preservation!!

Spoiler!
Old 03-18-2020, 01:22 PM   #2099
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
The WHO is recommending to avoid ibuprofen, and to instead use paracetamol for treating symptoms, as ibuprofen looks to be worsening the effects.

https://www.sciencealert.com/who-rec...id-19-symptoms
FYI people, paracetamol is acetaminophen or Tylenol.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2020, 01:25 PM   #2100
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,852 Times in 888 Posts
Let's wait until it's actually reported by WHO/CDC themselves (and not other media sources). I've already seen multiple messages being forwarded around with different stories about how Ibuprofen made things worse, but haven't been able to find anything from WHO/CDC.

Not saying it's not possible, but until it's confirmed, it's irresponsible to spread misinformation about medical treatment. The last thing we need is people refusing Ibuprofen when it could very well be the thing they actually need in any medical situation.

You would think that, after the number of people treated globally, someone would've caught on to something like this much earlier on given the common use of Ibuprofen, if it was indeed the case. The few things I see online are only media sources, and even then, they say there's not enough evidence and research (https://www.bbc.com/news/51929628).
bobbinka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: