REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-12-2020, 08:54 PM   #301
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Made in Mexico Coca Cola is very popular. It’s all in the water. It used to be really hard to get, but nowadays, they’re everywhere. London Drugs carry it. Actually, LD carries some really cool food and drink products.
Advertisement
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2020, 08:23 AM   #302
MG1

I shit you not. Lots of TP. They had some Lysol Wipes again this morning. This one lady was taking two and was about to take a third. I mentioned to her in a calm Dr. Henry voice, “There’s a limit of one.” There were only a couple left, so I didn’t get any. There’s hoarding, then there’s Whoreding.

This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2020, 09:01 AM   #303
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,229 Posts
Does anyone else think this thread encourages hoarding? Nothing against you MG1 just my thoughts.

What the hell are people still hoarding Lysol wipes for? Are you people STILL wiping down your groceries? Fomite transmission is rare and you should be washing your hands/sanitizing anyways - which is the vector viruses come into you anyways.

I bought 4 tubs of Lysol wipes at the beginning of the pandemic and still have 3 full ones sitting around. I basically only use it when I go pump gas or when I decide to eat in the car.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2020, 09:26 AM   #304
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,763 Times in 905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
I shit you not. Lots of TP. They had some Lysol Wipes again this morning. This one lady was taking two and was about to take a third. I mentioned to her in a calm Dr. Henry voice, “There’s a limit of one.” There were only a couple left, so I didn’t get any. There’s hoarding, then there’s Whoreding.
Even if they took more than one the cashier would have likely took it away. I went to buy a few things this morning including paper towel and kleenex. I took 2 kleenex's not realizing it was a limit of one and the cashier took one away advising all paper products had a limit of 1 per membership.

It's nice to finally see wipes in general easily accessible now in stores be it not Lysol brand for those who really care. It isn't at the level of hand sanitizer but it's still easy to get.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 09:51 AM   #305
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

This is going to be really unpopular so I am going to post and sign out for a while. Election, virus, super spreaders and the internet are not good for my mental health. Thought posting might make me feel not alone.

Lady goes to Costco onces every few months for her and another family. Wants two pkgs of wipes.

Guy goes to multiple locations several times a week.

Who is the hoarder?
B!tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 10:15 AM   #306
Need to Seek Professional Help

definitely the one who takes multiple packages at a time is a hoarder

if you go to different locations throughout the week youre at least giving a chance to others to grab some while they are in stock. There is no guarantee there is stock at a future date
Sw0op is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 10:49 AM   #307
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
Does anyone else think this thread encourages hoarding? Nothing against you MG1 just my thoughts.

What the hell are people still hoarding Lysol wipes for? Are you people STILL wiping down your groceries? Fomite transmission is rare and you should be washing your hands/sanitizing anyways - which is the vector viruses come into you anyways.

I bought 4 tubs of Lysol wipes at the beginning of the pandemic and still have 3 full ones sitting around. I basically only use it when I go pump gas or when I decide to eat in the car.
I thought I needed a bunch at the beginning but I’m not even half way through like the smallest container you’d get at a save on etc.
Old 11-13-2020, 12:57 PM   #308
MG1

I use them to wipe down the plug at the charging stations. I also clean the other plug for whoever uses them next. If the wipe still looks useable, I clean the buttons, the cable, and the rest of the unit.

Anyway, god bless...........

Old 11-13-2020, 01:03 PM   #309
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Made in Mexico Coca Cola is very popular. It’s all in the water. It used to be really hard to get, but nowadays, they’re everywhere. London Drugs carry it. Actually, LD carries some really cool food and drink products.
I always thought it was better because Mexican Coke used natural cane sugar as supposed to fructose corn syrup?

Well MG1 I don't blame you if I had early seniors access where it's much calmer I would probably go more often too
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2020, 01:23 PM   #310
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
I always thought it was better because Mexican Coke used natural cane sugar as supposed to fructose corn syrup?

Well MG1 I don't blame you if I had early seniors access where it's much calmer I would probably go more often too
Old 11-13-2020, 01:28 PM   #311
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,433 Times in 5,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Mexico coke?
They use cane sugar instead of corn syrup, it tastes noticeably different (for the better) than USA / Canada Coke...
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 01:37 PM   #312
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,574 Times in 1,718 Posts
Quote:

The difference is the use of sugar, versus corn syrup. Pepsi makes a similar product.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 02:02 PM   #313
MG1

Another great item they have at Costco are those little hand warmers. No batteries required. Chemical reaction. I remember throwing in a pack of them in the kids’ Halloween bags along with the chocolates. Don’t know why I stopped doing it. If and when they go on sale, I’ll get a couple of boxes for next Halloween. I’ve been using them lately when gardening in the backyard. Fricken leaves and branches, lol. Sometimes I leave them in my glove for too long. I’m on faiya!

Edit: Just remembered. I gave them out to the parents who were with their kids, not the goodie bag. I remember how cold and miserable it was having to go trick or treating with my own kids.

The things we parents do for our kids, eh?

This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2020, 04:23 PM   #314
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by B!tch View Post
This is going to be really unpopular so I am going to post and sign out for a while. Election, virus, super spreaders and the internet are not good for my mental health. Thought posting might make me feel not alone.

Lady goes to Costco onces every few months for her and another family. Wants two pkgs of wipes.

Guy goes to multiple locations several times a week.

Who is the hoarder?

Not me.......... I go to Costco to get other items. I go to Costco as often as I can, because I love the place. Sometimes I leave without buying a thing. I have posted ways people can get those wipes at Costco. I've given heads up on when things will become available at Costco. Hell, I've even given and resold items to people on RS who really needed it. Honestly, if you, B!tch, PM'd me telling me you've tried everything in your power and couldn't get the wipes, I would gladly give you some. Instead, you post here about others hoarding?

Let me tell you what hoarding is.......... People who retire and go work under the table while collecting their pension. I retired when I could, because I believe young people need jobs. I miss my job. I made a difference at my job. I could have kept working. I live a comfortable life, but don't believe in taking more than I need. Now, do I go about doing something about those people who take more than they need? No, because I would then be judging them.

Don't take this the wrong way, but get some help if you have mental issues........

god bless

Last edited by MG1; 11-13-2020 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-13-2020, 04:36 PM   #315
MG1

Quote:
Oh, don't get me going on high fructose corn syrup in ketchup. It makes ketchup taste like Xindi Ass (not that I've tasted Xindi Ass - watching reruns of Enterprise, ATM). This is why I take good ol' Canadian ketchup with me when I travel south of the border. No wAnder Amuricans are so edgy............ everything they consume has high fructose corn syrup in it. If that doesn't do it, "pink slime," will.

Last edited by MG1; 11-13-2020 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-13-2020, 05:58 PM   #316
Ebisu Boss

Trailing slightly off topic but honestly even without all the exposure regarding the american mcnuggets I could clearly taste the difference in texture and flavour. It was quite disconcerting... I was super drunk and I still only ate 1 and tossed the rest of my 20pc, that's how bad it was.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2020, 06:35 PM   #317
MG1

When I go shopping for meat and poultry, I make note of where the product comes from. US inspected meat scares the hell out of me. I have no proof or have I researched it extensively, but I simply don't trust the USFDA. Not because they're dishonest, but because a lot of weird stuff is allowed to be in their meats and poultry. The chicken used in the US McNuggets could be pumped with all kinds of chemicals. The price difference between our nuggets and theirs might be because of this? No idea, but every time I go eat at MCD's, Bugger King, Jack in her Box, etc. in the US, I get ill soon afterward.

Maybe the border closure is a blessing in disguise.

This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2020, 08:09 PM   #318
Ebisu Boss

When you bite into the McGloop in the states it's almost spongey and looks smooth ... hard to describe, ah! It looks exactly like the inside of a boiled Chinese fish ball
This post thanked by:
Old 11-16-2020, 11:41 AM   #319
MG1

Went to Willingdon Costco during seniors hour to get some milk and flowers. The hand warmers I mentioned, were on sale.

I go through 4 litres of milk in just under two weeks. Costco's milk expires close to 18 days. Always fresh.

This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2020, 07:45 AM   #320
MG1

Eagle has landed. The Vulcan blue gloves are in. At least at the Willingdon location. Limit of one. Don’t worry, Flip, I got one for you. I have enough and I don’t want to be branded a hoarder, gulolol.

This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2020, 09:40 AM   #321
MG1

I was going to say these are not Kirkland brand. They are the Vulcan ones that mechanics use. Indigo/Blue in colour. They didn't have Xtra Small, Asian size, so got you a box of Large, lol.

Old 11-23-2020, 05:50 PM   #322
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
Man, like the usual prime rib packs of burgers are pretty good, just Jesus you guys gotta try making your own from the organic ground beef.

Take one pack of the ground beef out of the fridge let it warm up a bit, doesn’t have to be room temp just a bit more pliable. Add one egg, mix and form burgers.

We have those fancy little metal rings with the tamper to make fancy looking towers of food so I use these to make 4 patties from the pound. DO NOT ADD Salt/Pepper

Once they are formed put them on parchment paper and let them chill in the fridge for a few hours, can be overnight etc.

Rub with a tiny bit of olive oil and slap them on the grill, now season with salt and pepper, wait till they free themselves on the grill, usually 3-5 minutes. Flip, season, couple minutes lid down, add cheese, let it melt and take them off.

Best burgers you can make imo. Adding all the other shit into the mix just takes away from the burger imo. These are the tastiest burgers ever, so good
Old 11-23-2020, 08:01 PM   #323
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
For ground beef I get the burger patties from the butcher section if I can, since they're straight ground beef just in the shape of a burger it's the same as the big slab but way easier to freeze in portions.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 11:25 PM   #324
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I am not sure if this has been mentioned before but Costco recently restocked on the frozen 3 pack duck breasts for $16.99

I think this is a great deal! Usually one duck breast is $10-$12. I already bought 12-15 packs already during the pandemic lol.

It's so easy to make too. Just salt and pepper and pan fry it. So good.
jerche is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2020, 05:21 AM   #325
MG1

Ah, a fellow hoarder............