REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-18-2020, 11:44 AM   #51
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
If you want good pizza don’t go to Costco. If your hungry, it fills a hell of a void for $2, and it’s way less scary to eat then a 75 cent hotdog. Lol.
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2020, 11:49 AM   #52
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
I wAnder if bcrdukes goes into Costco.......... too mainstream?
I only clicked on this thread because someone pointed it out to me. I would never have gone into this thread otherwise. You know my answer. #blacklivesmatter #spend$300Konfurniturecityofvancouver

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 11:52 AM   #53
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,574 Times in 1,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Their Prime Rib eyes are almost as good as it gets outside ultra high end butcher imo

I fuckin love Costco. Lately been buying the dry ribs made in store with a similar seasoning than the wings. Great deal for $16 or whatever it is and it can be like 5 meals, the peices are very meaty

My shame return moment was last year. I returned 4 arm chairs, like large nice fabric arm chairs for a living/dining room about 2 years after purchase lol.. we couldn’t recall how much they were but they no longer worked after renovations and we were eyeing chairs from Structube. Dragged the 4 chairs to the downtown location and returned them, ended up getting about $315 each back for them lol felt kinda bad man..

I don’t make a habit of returning things generally however
This times 1000. I don't go anywhere else in the Lower Mainland to purchase by Rib Eye streaks. I miss the old days back in 2010 when you could purchase a 3 pack of Rib Eyes for $28

Bar none the best quality to price ratio available, by far.
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:07 PM   #54
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,574 Times in 1,718 Posts
Anyone find coconut water @ Costco lately? Last run to the Willingdon location had nothing.
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:19 PM   #55
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Call a Costco location. Choose "1" after the recorded spiel about COVID. "Administrative Staff." Those people are really helpful. They will tell you how many they have, when they'll be getting the next shipment, if they're discontinued, a seasonal item, etc. Just be nice to them. That's how I get those Lysol Disinfectant Wipes. Bainbridge location seems to be getting them more often than other locations.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2020, 12:28 PM   #56
JqC
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Once (or two or three times..at least) I was driving home from work late afternoon and I knew there was gonna be no one home for a while, and nothing ready to eat in the fridge.
I'd make my rounds around the freezer section where all the samples were. After about 30 minutes I'd be full.
I did have a couple items in my cart, so it looked like I was actually shopping lol. I hope I'm not the only one here who's done this before.
Of course this is well before Covid, and Costco is on my way home.
JqC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2020, 02:32 PM   #57
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Many familes and myself included swear by the Kirkland baby wet wipes. Once you've used those there's no going back lol, super convenient to wipe anything besides a babies bum and they are thick and soft.

My usual runs to Costco are for toilet paper (Cashmere, mmhmm so soft haha), Popcorners and seaweed chips, ColdFX (on sale) and other supplements, beef and definitely the rotisserie chicken, it's by far the best of the big box stores. Safeway chicken is always dry.
And whatever else I see that's on sale regular use items like detergent, shampoo, etc.

I used to buy the $80 for $100 gift cards like for Scan Spa, Keg and Hy's but haven't bought any in a while.

Hotdog and poutine are a must every visit regardless of time of day.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2020, 02:48 PM   #58
MG1

I'll be the second person to say this..........

What's wrong with Costco pizza? It's better than McDonald's pizza. There, I said it.

It's like the opposite of this..........

Spoiler!

Old 09-18-2020, 02:57 PM   #59
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
for all you guys commenting, how many members in your household?
i'm finding costco is only good if you have 4+ mouths to feed/care for.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 02:58 PM   #60
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Many familes and myself included swear by the Kirkland baby wet wipes. Once you've used those there's no going back lol, super convenient to wipe anything besides a babies bum and they are thick and soft.
So I can use this as a personal wipe? Like Cottonelle Flushable Wipes?

Old 09-18-2020, 02:59 PM   #61
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Call a Costco location. Choose "1" after the recorded spiel about COVID. "Administrative Staff." Those people are really helpful. They will tell you how many they have, when they'll be getting the next shipment, if they're discontinued, a seasonal item, etc. Just be nice to them. That's how I get those Lysol Disinfectant Wipes. Bainbridge location seems to be getting them more often than other locations.
Don't you invade my hood! I live 3 mins from that Costco.
EuterVanWasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 03:08 PM   #62
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
I've got two in my household. Everyone else who used to live with me has either moved out or left for other reasons.

I go to Costco for more than just food. I do cook a lot and hold family BBQ's weekly.

I can't imagine not going to Costco. I am a shopaholic and proud of it.

Old 09-18-2020, 03:16 PM   #63
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuterVanWasser View Post
Don't you invade my hood! I live 3 mins from that Costco.
I'm in that area all the time. I go pick up the Burnaby Now and New West Record at the top of the hill there, and get my cheap Polar fountain drink from the Circle K. Fastenal, HD Supply, Metal Supermarket, you name it. I drive along Winston to get to Coquitlam. KMS Tools, Lee Valley Tools, Superstore, Cambodian Tire, etc. Quite a few charging stations in that area.

And, I live closer to you than you think, gulolol.

Old 09-18-2020, 03:32 PM   #64
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
I'm usually feeding for 4, but I also have a lot of storage space so buying bulk is currently not an issue.

Quote:
So I can use this as a personal wipe? Like Cottonelle Flushable Wipes?
I personally don't, but I don't see why not haha

Quote:

What's wrong with Costco pizza? It's better than McDonald's pizza. There, I said it.
Hard pass. You can't compare something bad with worse lol ... I'll stick to the hotdog. The chicken fingers were also really dry.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 03:33 PM   #65
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
2 people household. With their mastercard, we've already earned 3x the membership cost.
Old 09-18-2020, 03:35 PM   #66
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
I'm in that area all the time. I go pick up the Burnaby Now and New West Record at the top of the hill there, and get my cheap Polar fountain drink from the Circle K. Fastenal, HD Supply, Metal Supermarket, you name it. I drive along Winston to get to Coquitlam. KMS Tools, Lee Valley Tools, Superstore, Cambodian Tire, etc. Quite a few charging stations in that area.

And, I live closer to you than you think, gulolol.
Haha.. yeah, I live in Government Road up Winston and right on Phillips.
EuterVanWasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 03:39 PM   #67
MG1

Yeah, I know. Stalker here.

Ever notice the sign that said Winston Slip no longer exists? LOL, Winston Slip.

Old 09-18-2020, 06:50 PM   #68
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
I'm usually feeding for 4, but I also have a lot of storage space so buying bulk is currently not an issue.

I personally don't, but I don't see why not haha

Hard pass. You can't compare something bad with worse lol ... I'll stick to the hotdog. The chicken fingers were also really dry.
Oh the chicken strips are probably the worst thing they have on their menu.
States has some more interesting items too at the take out counter.

Churros, Chicken/Beef Bakes (Like Calzones). Oh, they used to have this dipped ice cream cone with nuts, holy geez that thing was good.
Teriyaki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 07:24 PM   #69
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
As for their pharmacy, there was a time, I got frustrated by the waits and lineups. To the point it wasn't worth the savings. It has gotten a lot better the last year or so. The savings are substantial. The dispensing fee, that is.
There's always the Costco Pharmacy online where you can get prescriptions by mail. I signed my mother-in-law up for this because of Covid, it's fast!
Old 09-18-2020, 07:43 PM   #70
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Oh I like this thread. I worked at the Langford Costco for a couple years while in college. I worked as a cashier/assistant, vault clerk (count cash) and tire shop.

I still buy Bridgestone RE71 at Costco but I buy in person and take them away for install at a more convenient location. It’s high volume and most workers are not careful with wheels. I watched them put my OEM 94 Supra TT wheel face down on the concrete.

I ate a whole lot of Hot dog + pop combos and grabbed samples while working. The break room had a foosball table. Never liked the pizza even loaded with hot peppers and Parmesan. Other staff always got poutine and could never finish it so I always got their leftovers for free lololol

Fun fact: The busiest warehouses in the world by sales were always in Hawaii. Everyone wanted to transfer to their warehouses of course!

We enjoy the ready made salads they sell. Good healthy choices.

Employees are quite happy and there are many lifers at the Langford location. Costco has an Employee Agreement book which reads like a union agreement. It clearly lays out wage increases based on hours, benefits, etc. Costco has never been union but I always liked how they aim to treat employees fairly. Back then you received $4.00 per hour extra for working on Sundays. People still called in sick because they partied too hard lol

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2020, 07:53 PM   #71
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Other fun stuff.

They purposely don’t have express lines because they don’t want you to grab a small amount of items and get out quickly. They want you to stay a while and feel the need to make the trip worth your while by filling your cart with more items. In 2008 average receipt was $100 and now it is likely $200.

Items come and go because it creates false urgency since everyone knows if you don’t get it while it’s there it may be gone for a while. That is by design.

The worst example of returns was a local kayak rental company. They would return the kayaks at the end of every season. The store manager had a talk with them and said no more. Usually if you have the balls to return it Costco will take it.

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2020, 07:59 PM   #72
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 4,359 Times in 382 Posts
Yes. We carry fever tree. In stock at all local locations except willingdon, downtown and langley

Ginger beer isn't available locally

Quote:
I'm waiting for Costco to carry Starbucks Frap in bottles again. Used to buy them when they went on sale. Now can't get 'em, period.

San Pelegrino <sp?> on sale is good price. Must keep eye on expiry dates. I miss shopping at the Costco's in the US. Bundaberg Ginger Beer. You can get that shit up here, but not at Costco Canada. The last drink I bought from US Costco was Fever Tree Premium Ginger Beer. Man, that shit was unbelievably good.

EDIT: EDIT: EDIT:

WTH?

https://www.costcobusinesscentre.ca/...100375675.html

Does that mean they are available at the warehouses? I've never seen it at any Costco. Damn. If any of you have seen it, let me know.
ShanghaiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 08:09 PM   #73
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 4,359 Times in 382 Posts
KS, Vita or Zico?

You can get ks and zico at any store. Vita is only in stock at Brighton or langley, and they're almost out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Anyone find coconut water @ Costco lately? Last run to the Willingdon location had nothing.
ShanghaiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2020, 09:14 PM   #74
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,025 Posts
Quote:

It's like the opposite of this..........

What hud said, it's like cardboard with some toppings sprinkled on. FreshSlice or Fatihs anyday.

Quote:
2 people, recent addition of a baby
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:18 PM   #75
MG1

Damn, no more seniors hour..............