REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-25-2022, 08:19 AM   #826
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
Biden is in Poland now. The Americans are providing more than $1 billion US in humanitarian assistance to Ukrainians.

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news...-22/index.html

Humanitarian response is of "enormous consequence" to those affected by war in Ukraine, Biden says
US President Joe Biden thanked humanitarian organizations in Poland for sending aid to Ukraine and assisting refugees while he is set to receive a briefing on the situation.

"I'm here in Poland to see firsthand the humanitarian crisis and, quite frankly, part of my disappointment is that I can't see it firsthand like I have in other places. They will not let me," he said. "Understandably, I'm guessing, cross the border and take a look at what's going on in Ukraine, but I'm eager to hear from you in the humanitarian community about what you see, what you're doing and where you think we go from here."
The humanitarian response is of "enormous consequence," Biden said, adding that Ukrainians immediately need vital goods like food, blankets, cash and medicine.

The Biden administration yesterday announced the US is committing more than $1 billion in humanitarian assistance to Ukrainians affected by the war.
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2022, 11:47 AM   #827

Thanked 14,758 Times in 3,869 Posts
Out of curiosity I checked. Sounds like a big number, it is. But that’s 0.13% of the annual military budget. Insane lol
Old 03-25-2022, 01:13 PM   #828
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,907 Times in 754 Posts
Not sure if the commie bastards are trolling...

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/25/europ...lan/index.html

Lviv, Ukraine (CNN)A top Russian general gave some of the most detailed public remarks to date on Russia's military strategy in Ukraine, claiming on Friday that the "first stage" of Russia's military plan is now complete, with their primary focus now centered on eastern Ukraine.

"In general, the main tasks of the first stage of the operation have been completed," Colonel General Sergei Rudskoy, first deputy chief of Russia's General Staff, said in a Friday briefing. "The combat potential of the armed forces of Ukraine has been significantly reduced, allowing us, I emphasize again, to focus the main efforts on achieving the main goal - the liberation of Donbas."
Rudskoy's remarks come as Russia's advances appear to have stalled around major Ukrainian cities such as Kyiv and Kharkiv. Russia has also failed to achieve air superiority in Ukraine and has suffered heavy losses of personnel since the start of the invasion.
"The public and individual experts are wondering what we are doing in the area of ​​the blockaded Ukrainian cities," Rudskoy said. "These actions are carried out with the aim of causing such damage to military infrastructure, equipment, personnel of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the results of which allow us not only to tie down their forces and prevent them from strengthening their grouping in the Donbas, but also will not allow them to do this until the Russian army completely liberates the territories of the DPR and LNR."
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 03:23 PM   #829
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,811 Times in 8,187 Posts
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2022, 03:30 PM   #830

More good news!

This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2022, 03:40 PM   #831
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,560 Times in 1,710 Posts
^A lot of these types of reports are coming from Ukrainian sources, I think one needs to hold some pause to some of them for their validity.

I have no doubt though that soldiers are starting to feel discontent for their superiors here, once that begins to happen, the war is effectively over. Vietnam was a perfect example of that (soldiers fragging their sergeants in protest, going MIA, refusing to fight).
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2022, 04:02 PM   #832
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I was watching something that a superior was ran over by his subordinates, but he didn't die and he's gonna get a medal for injury on the battlefield. Also going to get paid due to injury. Possibly the same story.
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 04:55 PM   #833

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
^A lot of these types of reports are coming from Ukrainian sources, I think one needs to hold some pause to some of them for their validity.

I have no doubt though that soldiers are starting to feel discontent for their superiors here, once that begins to happen, the war is effectively over. Vietnam was a perfect example of that (soldiers fragging their sergeants in protest, going MIA, refusing to fight).
Yup, we only have 2 sources for this kind of thing - the west, or Russia. I guess you can choose not to believe anything either side says. For me, I just hope that any good news is true, because I have the luxury that it doesn't affect me one way or the other if it's not.
Old 03-26-2022, 07:22 PM   #834
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Khalsa Aid Canada has created a six-member team. Which will provide its service in Ukraine. Including servants from Winnipeg, Victoria and Toronto, who will depart from Toronto today Friday to Poland and provide service to Ukrainian refugees.

Khalsa Aid has been on the ground before the war even started.

Quote:
https://www.khalsaaid.org/news/khals...ne-crisis-2022

Khalsa Aid International's Response to the Ukraine Crisis

KAI began our response to the Ukraine crisis the week before the war started, in preparation of this eventuality. As a result, Khalsa Aid International was able to respond rapidly to the Ukraine crisis by establishing teams on the borders of the five bordering countries. Within 24 hours we had a team in Poland and within 48 hours in Slovakia, Romania, Hungary and Moldova.

Ukraine

Initially, we had a lot of calls from Indian students who were stuck in Ukraine and trying to flee to the borders. We were also inundated with calls from the students’ parents in India asking for assistance with helping their children flee Ukraine, taking over 1500 calls in the first week alone.

We established contact with restaurant owners, volunteers, and transport companies to see what we could do to assist. Through a local volunteer, we helped provide hot food to the students as they fled.

Summary of Operations

Poland – Medyka/Budomeirz

As KAI was one of the first NGOs to arrive at the Medyka border, our initial operations revolved around arranging transport for the refugees crossing the border. We expanded our operations to include medical aid, shelter and food provision. Within two days we had set up a 24-hour langar provision, serving hot food (curry and rice, chips) to the refugees as they crossed the border. To the exhausted and hungry refugees, the hot food was a blessing and very much appreciated.

The situation in Ukraine proceeded to deteriorate as the attacks on Ukraine became more intensified. This resulted in an increase in the number of Ukrainian citizens fleeing to the borders to escape Ukraine into the neighbouring countries. With the majority of people crossing into Poland, this resulted in a long wait for the refugees at the border point.

Khalsa Aid International was approached by Caritas to cross the border into Ukraine to provide hot food for the refugees waiting to cross into Poland. Food provision has been further extended to feed the refugees set up in shelters and to feed the other NGO volunteers.

This food provision has continued and we are looking to further expand our aid relief in Poland. We are currently looking to secure a warehouse that will be used as a central European hub to collect aid supplies for distribution in Ukraine

Hungary (Zahony/Lushanka/Vylok)/Slovakia (Vysne Nemecke)/Romania (Siret)

Teams were sent to the borders of these three countries to monitor the need for aid provision. Local authorities are well organised in coping with the influx of Ukrainian refugees and international students. Khalsa aid international liaised with local NGOs to assist with the delivery of food aid, shelter provision and medical first aid assistance at the borders.

In Hungary, we moved our operations and provided assistance in Budapest as there was an influx into the city and the waiting times increased for the refugees wishing to fly out to their countries.

Moldova (Tiraspol/Palanka/Chisinau)

Our initial operation was based at the border of Tiraspol assisting the refugees with food provision, transport and medical assistance. We assisted a family with a 20-day old baby who had escaped from Ukraine return back to their home country.

As this border closed, we moved our operations to Palanca where we continue to provide food aid and transport with the liaison of local NGOs. We have now doubled our provision of food aid at this border. We are further expanding our operations in Moldova by setting up another base in Chisinau to assist with the increasing number of refugees leaving Ukraine as Russia continues to attack in the South.

Summary

We continue to monitor the situation on an ongoing basis and have currently decided to expand our Poland and Moldova operations. This is where we feel the greatest refugee need will arise, as the war continues to rage through Ukraine.
Old 03-28-2022, 08:41 PM   #835
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/c/StarskyUA/videos

imagine going to a warzone and documenting every single day like its normal entertainment...

fucking crazy.
Old 03-29-2022, 08:15 AM   #836
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
like the 1 dude in the most recent netflix zombie movie

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 09:32 PM   #837
My homepage has been set to RS

danned is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2022, 11:26 AM   #838

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
-feeling disgusted after reading this article. Humanitarian aid in terms of evacuation buses to take Ukrainians out of Mariupol are being blocked by Russian military.

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news...5e387cebd2cbda
Old 03-31-2022, 02:15 PM   #839
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Anyone remember Edward Snowden?

I would love to hear what his thoughts are about Ukraine, granted he lives in Russia now so he can't voice his opinion anymore
tarobbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 03:45 PM   #840

Thanked 6,693 Times in 1,625 Posts
Russian troops have been digging trenches around Chernobyl, and there are reports that they're being taken to hospitals with signs of acute radiation poisoning.

https://www.iflscience.com/health-an...reports-claim/
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 08:00 AM   #841
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

i wonder what their plan was to get entrenched around the site? like what are you planning to do there? fight? seems really odd
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 08:05 AM   #842

Thanked 6,693 Times in 1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
i wonder what their plan was to get entrenched around the site? like what are you planning to do there? fight? seems really odd
They've given Chernobyl back to Ukraine now apparently:
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/31/russ...iaea-says.html

There's a theory that Chernobyl was during the Soviet era, and is not taught in Russian schools because it makes them look bad. So the 20 year olds in Chernobyl had no idea where they were, they just thought it was another power plant.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 08:06 AM   #843
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,902 Posts
Badass Ukraine is now on the offensive!

B]Kremlin accuses Ukraine of attacking fuel depot in Russia[/B]
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-60949706
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 09:14 AM   #844

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Badass Ukraine is now on the offensive!

B]Kremlin accuses Ukraine of attacking fuel depot in Russia[/B]
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-60949706
If it's true that the Russians are shooting their own planes out of the sky, killing their superiors, and have a low morale, I wouldn't be surprised if they did this to themselves to fuel the fire and get more people involved and use it as an excuse to ramp up his attacks as revenge.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 09:44 AM   #845

They had an armory explode in the same area, and claimed it was an accident as well

It almost looks like they're pulling back, and really will focus in trying to take the eastern region instead

I think if those people really want to be a part of Russia, they should just go... They have plenty of space, and have some recently lost population to make up for
Old 04-01-2022, 10:31 AM   #846
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,511 Times in 4,903 Posts

Love the comments.............

Another piece from Modest Mussorgsky's "Pictures from an Exhibition," Is the Hut of the Baba Yaga. Is that the Kremlin? The Oligarchs are the witches/bitches. BTW, Baba Yaga are witch sisters, not John Wick's Boogeyman thing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baba_Yaga. That would be Putin (The Boogeyman was a cruel, sadistic, evil monster).

I've been going to Ukrainian Restaurants lately. A lot of them have donation boxes for war relief. I was at Kozak Ukrainian Eatery in New West, yesterday. Good stuff.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 04-01-2022 at 10:43 AM.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 10:53 AM   #847
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,151 Times in 7,150 Posts
Yeah I went to Kozak in gastown. Great experience and great food. They also had a photo of putins face on the bottom of the urinal.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2022, 10:57 AM   #848
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,511 Times in 4,903 Posts
Did not know they had a location in Gastown. Gotta go........................... just to take a piss.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2022, 12:23 PM   #849

Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Did not know they had a location in Gastown. Gotta go........................... just to take a piss.
They have one on Victoria Drive as well, next to Hoang Yen. I've been going and buying some chocolate bread everytime I get take out from Hoang Yen. I'll get a proper mean from them one of these days.
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 08:36 AM   #850
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
https://news.yahoo.com/russian-gover...132300458.html

U.S. official says Ukrainian helicopters attacked oil depot in Russia

Quote:
A U.S. official confirmed to CBS News senior national security correspondent David Martin that Ukrainian helicopters did carry out the strike, and anther one a couple days earlier against an ammunition depot in the same area. The official told Martin there was concern in Washington about how Russia might react to the strikes.

Ukrainian officials did not claim