REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-22-2022, 10:53 AM   #901
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Shit's hitting the fan. Russian citizens are taking action. Typical, I guess. No action until it starts affecting them directly.

Putin might have pushed it a little too far this time.
Advertisement
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2022, 02:22 PM   #902
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
I think the writing is now on the wall, Putin isn't going to be around much longer.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2022, 02:54 PM   #903
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,276 Times in 1,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
That's suggesting that ignoring a problem means it no longer exists
I knew someone would reply with this but that isn't what I meant.

You can read news articles to understand issues and conflicts around the world but it's a disingenuous way to live your life.

Shutting down your digital connection to the world is more productive towards making the world better. You fix what you can, where you can.We can't fix Ukraine or South Sudan, but we can help address areas local to us because those areas impact us directly.

Going down internet rabbit holes isn't conducive to mental health wellness. That's especially why I hate platforms like Twitter.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2022, 04:27 PM   #904
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
I knew someone would reply with this but that isn't what I meant.

You can read news articles to understand issues and conflicts around the world but it's a disingenuous way to live your life.

Shutting down your digital connection to the world is more productive towards making the world better. You fix what you can, where you can.We can't fix Ukraine or South Sudan, but we can help address areas local to us because those areas impact us directly.

Going down internet rabbit holes isn't conducive to mental health wellness. That's especially why I hate platforms like Twitter.
OK so if you're an American and your government is trying to take rights away from women, LGBTQ, and everyone who isn't white, the solution is... shut down your internet?

It sounds nice, and it's probably better for mental health not to think about bad things.. but these things are happening, and it's up to people to try to stop it. I agree twitter is full of shit.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2022, 04:53 PM   #905

Thanked 1,727 Times in 894 Posts
Anyone think Putin will go full crazy? cuz I mean all democratic leaders will have to watch votes, mid terms etc. But I mean he can just use nukes if you push him into a wall and don't give him face.
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 07:30 PM   #906
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
Quote:
OK so if you're an American and your government is trying to take rights away from women, LGBTQ, and everyone who isn't white, the solution is... shut down your internet?

It sounds nice, and it's probably better for mental health not to think about bad things.. but these things are happening, and it's up to people to try to stop it. I agree twitter is full of shit.
"All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2022, 09:47 PM   #907
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts

If anyone knows how to embed tweets, lmk lol

Last edited by SkinnyPupp; 09-22-2022 at 10:34 PM. Reason: delete everything after the number
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 10:07 PM   #908
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
Anyone think Putin will go full crazy? cuz I mean all democratic leaders will have to watch votes, mid terms etc. But I mean he can just use nukes if you push him into a wall and don't give him face.
Is that pretty much the original question that started this thread?

Given how he had already gone crazy and started this war, I would not at all be surprised to see him make good of his word on using a tactical nuke on Ukraine.

And then what happens afterwards is... just gonna be crazy...

p.s. Would someone from his inner circle just assasinate him already?
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2022, 10:37 PM   #909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Is that pretty much the original question that started this thread?

Given how he had already gone crazy and started this war, I would not at all be surprised to see him make good of his word on using a tactical nuke on Ukraine.

And then what happens afterwards is... just gonna be crazy...

p.s. Would someone from his inner circle just assasinate him already?
He's been killing off parts of his inner circle for weeks now. Every day there's a new report of some Russian oligarch or military or otherwise influential person in Russia who "fell out of his window" or "commited suicide after killing his family" and whatnot. If you're not 100% in his corner, you're as good as dead. And it's happening all over the world.

https://thedebrief.org/why-do-influe...riously-dying/
Old 09-22-2022, 11:27 PM   #910
GS8

Thanked 7,276 Times in 1,967 Posts
Quote:

Not sure why American-isms always need to be the leading question, especially pertaining to extreme hypotheticals. When the broad sweeping strokes get pointed with that 'gotcha' (written interlinea), it does make for a pretty quick ALT+F4 result because this frame of discussion ultimately leads nowhere. Your statement would have to be parsed and dissected to form a foundation to which our platforms for discussion can even have a launching point.

It's not about rejecting the reality about bad things happening. It's about acknowledging what's happening far but also near and exercising your right to help address what's near because it's much more accessible, let alone personable. If everyone fixed what's near, we'd have a pretty wide coverage of socially terraforming the earth. But ultimately, it's all one giant bystander effect (re: someone else will do it). Not to mention, human nature is simply too diverse to achieve worldwide social cohesion.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 11:39 PM   #911

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
Not sure why American-isms always need to be the leading question, especially pertaining to extreme hypotheticals. When the broad sweeping strokes get pointed with that 'gotcha' (written interlinea), it does make for a pretty quick ALT+F4 result because this frame of discussion ultimately leads nowhere. Your statement would have to be parsed and dissected to form a foundation to which our platforms for discussion can even have a launching point.

It's not about rejecting the reality about bad things happening. It's about acknowledging what's happening far but also near and exercising your right to help address what's near because it's much more accessible, let alone personable. If everyone fixed what's near, we'd have a pretty wide coverage of socially terraforming the earth. But ultimately, it's all one giant bystander effect (re: someone else will do it). Not to mention, human nature is simply too diverse to achieve worldwide social cohesion.
Nobody is trying to hit you with a 'gotcha' we're just chatting here about stuff. At least I am. Not sure what all this about parsing and dissecting and forming platforms to which whatever launching point etc is all about, but anyway.. Just chatting on a chat board here, feel free to reply or ignore

America is used as an example because they're an example of a country that is in turmoil, but is set up so people can actually change how things are going if they want. Compared to what happened in HK or what's going on in Iran right now, Americans still have a lot of say in how their country is run. We already saw it with Kansas.

Canada is kind of seeing a minor effect from what's going on in America, but to a much lesser extent. There are Canadian seditionist truckers, but really they are more annoying than anything. But if they really did start to have some sort of effect on Canadian lives, yo can bet people would be trying to put a stop to it. Not just ignore it and hope it goes away.
Old 09-23-2022, 04:16 AM   #912
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Putin know's this happened once before and it'll happen to him if he's not careful enough why people around him are dying off.

Old 09-23-2022, 06:17 AM   #913

you think after putin is killing these people he's confiscating their bank accounts/properties etc to 1) held fund his stupid war and 2) garner more wealth for himself?
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 07:23 AM   #914
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,433 Times in 5,107 Posts
Some of these guys were probably begging for the sweet release of death. How can someone work at the same place for 45 fucking years???
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 08:20 AM   #915
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,682 Times in 3,121 Posts
hey man thats the whole reason why i buy toyotas. My ratrolla is built by takumi wackos who pretty much all worked there 30+ years.

They also can make a paper cat with their off hand in under 60 seconds (WEIRD)
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 09:15 AM   #916
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
https://twitter.com/FintanOToolbox/s...11468101140480

If anyone knows how to embed tweets, lmk lol
Ahahaha the guy in the blue dress shirt is like "shoulda kept ur mouths shut, see you later buds"
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 09:31 AM   #917
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,904 Posts
I don't get that video of 2 young pro-war drafting ... why were they taken away by police afterwards? Straight to the army? But I thought the captions said they were willing to go.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2022, 12:08 PM   #918
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,763 Posts
I think the assumption is that they were full of BS talking about how they were going to sign up the next day.

Their body language when the cops grabbed them made it seem like they weren't actually too thrilled to be going.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2022, 08:35 PM   #919

Old 09-23-2022, 10:15 PM   #920
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
Jesus fucking Christ.

Excuse me while I go hug my 4 year old.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2022, 10:23 PM   #921
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Just when you start to believe in humanity again............... man, we are all in a dark, dark place. I agree with what another member posted. Putin needs to be put down like a wounded animal.

My heart goes out to the Ukrainian people.

==========================================

On a lighter note, were any jewels or artifacts taken?
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 09-23-2022 at 10:56 PM.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 08:25 AM   #922

Putin has escaped to a secret palace in a forest amid anti-draft protests in Russian cities, report says
Old 09-25-2022, 09:13 AM   #923
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
re-skinny's post - how does it play out, can they actually ID the soldiers involved and put them on trial, or would it be more so putting their superiors on trial at some world tribunal, or does russia just say fake news and nothing happens?

how does accountability happen on the world stage if at all?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 01:50 AM   #924
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
Old 09-26-2022, 04:15 AM   #925

No idea how valid this is but it looks like Russians aren't fans of being used as cannon fodder