REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-22-2022, 08:59 AM   #76
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,315 Times in 2,518 Posts
The Saudi upset totally screwed up my bets today , but I gotta applaud the way they played the game. Their 2 goals were absolutely nothing short of world class, and the keeper was very much on his toes the whole game.

They were certainly punching above their weight class today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
Gotta say that the Saudis defended well in those final minutes to finish one of the biggest upsets in World Cup history.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Budong View Post
That Saudi goaltender played lights out. that was unreal.
As another very impressive game, I thought Senegal's offence played really, really well. Of course, they are the best team in Africa, and it was obvious why that was the case. It was too bad that their defence wasn't quite as good as their offence.
Advertisement
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 02:51 PM   #77
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
anybody know if we can stream the Canada game for free tomorrow on CTV?
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 05:14 PM   #78
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,464 Times in 1,128 Posts
Not on CTV online.

If you want the Canadian feed, you could use rabbit ears if you have a line of sight to Mount Seymour from your TV.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 05:22 PM   #79
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,199 Times in 2,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
As another very impressive game, I thought Senegal's offence played really, really well. Of course, they are the best team in Africa, and it was obvious why that was the case. It was too bad that their defence wasn't quite as good as their offence.
sounds very familiar, like a certain team represented by an orca
all except the part about...being the best that is lol
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 09:51 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
anybody know if we can stream the Canada game for free tomorrow on CTV?
Found this:

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/socc...wyiehwhrhwbdnq

Quote:
CTV World Cup live stream
As CTV is also a Bell Media channel, the streaming process for games available on CTV is not different than those on TSN. However, more fans will be able to access streaming for these games.

CTV is a terrestrial channel across Canada, meaning that all providers with CTV in their package will be able to access games broadcast on CTV.

Customers can download the CTV GO app or go to CTV.ca and log in with their television credentials to access content. All games available on CTV will be streamed on CTV GO and the CTV website.

Beyond the World Cup, all content streamed via CTV outlets will show content from a user's local CTV affiliate, which may be different based on your location.
Old 11-23-2022, 06:34 AM   #81
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

JAPAN!!!!
Old 11-23-2022, 07:52 AM   #82
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,842 Times in 8,204 Posts
I hope someone doesn't do to Canada what Spain just did to Costa Rica

CR barely touched the ball more than once
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 09:50 AM   #83

The tie between Croatia and Morroco is a good outcome for Canada. At the same time, both teams were looking really strong in all aspects of the game. We're gonna have our work cut out for us in all 3 games.

Hopefully Alphonso Davies' return will bring some creativity and a big boost of morale to the team.
Old 11-23-2022, 09:51 AM   #84
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,698 Posts
Go Canada go!!!!

Thank goodness for working from home ahha. Watching the Canada vs. Belgium game soon.

Let's cook some Belgian waffles with a side of Canadian bacon!

Make it a hat trick in terms of upset victories!!!
Old 11-23-2022, 11:03 AM   #85

Dammit we are totally getting ripped off (by the refs). We should have been given 2 penalty kicks.

Instead, now we are down 0:1 despite playing extremely well in the 1st half..

Grrrrr...
Old 11-23-2022, 12:01 PM   #86

Alphonso shouldn't have taken the penalty. David has scored 9/12 in Ligue Un.

Belgium had a 1 or 2 chances and they converted. The loss hurts because we took it to them, especially in the first half. As I predicted, this game was ripe for the taking. Our finishing was poor and that cost us points.
Old 11-23-2022, 12:11 PM   #87

Canada played well and carried the match for the most part. 21 shots for Canada compared to Belgium's 9 shots.

The team did not back down against the Belgian waffles.

If the team plays the way they did today, and finishes their scoring opportunities, I think IMO they can beat the Croatians on Sunday.

Jonathan David has the experience edge against Davies in terms of penalty kicks. JD should have been chosen for the penalty kick instead of Fonzie.
Old 11-23-2022, 12:21 PM   #88
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
CANADA SO GOOD
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-23-2022, 12:52 PM   #89

Our boys played well, esp in the 1st half. But one major problem that I see is our stamina level. It was plainly obvious that we had noticeably slowed down in the 2nd half, and the focus we had in the first 1/2 just wasn't quite there anymore. And from there, we start missing passes, both bcos they were flung too far ahead, or that our players couldn't get to the ball fast enough. We couldn't organize an effective offensive perimeter like we did in the first 1/2. But at least our defence held up well enough to prevent additional goals.

Davies getting a yellow card this early in the tournament is far from being ideal.

The two games ahead against Croatia and Morroco are gonna be tough.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-23-2022, 04:33 PM   #90

As I was saying, we got jipped by the ref:

https://www.marca.com/en/world-cup/2...f268b45d1.html

Quote:
The two subsequent penalties were clear fouls inside the box that referee Sikazwe decided to not even entertain through VAR. However, replays prove that the ref should've called both penalties. Before the first half even ended, many different Twitter accounts started sharing some news about this ref that make us all scratch our heads. He already got suspended over a deplorable incident that took place during a 2018 game between Tunisia and Mali. What he did in today's game pales in comparison with what he did back then.

During that official match, the ref simply decided to end the game in the 85th minute of the match. He also refused to review VAR for a potential red card and affected the game without question. The African Football Federation (CAF) made a thorough review of his actions and decided to suspend him. Before that happened, this ref was also involved in match-fixing scandals in the African Champions League game between Esperance and Primiero Agosto.
Old 11-23-2022, 04:37 PM   #91

Of course it's a corrupt ref
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2022, 08:41 AM   #92

Coach Herdman said "Fuck Croatia" to his team in order to rally them before their next game on Sunday against Croatia.

I say good on him. The Croats are going to be extra motivated to beat our team though. Having said that, Canada is not intimidated by any team.

The Croatian midfield is strong with Luka Modric being one of the best midfielders ever.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/fif...600960900c7576

On Thursday, a Croatian reporter asked Herdman about his comment.

“Did you really say after last night’s match that you were going to F-word Croatia? And if you did, is that underestimating Croatia as runner-up of (the) last World Cup?”

Herdman did not back down, but was more diplomatic this time around.

“Great question,” he said. “And yeah, I did. You say those things in an impassioned moment, trying to inspire your team in a huddle. And when you’re asked the question what you said in that huddle, yeah, it was what I said.

“It’s not massively respectively to (the) Croatian people and the Croatian national team. I understand very well where they’re at on the world stage. But in that moment, you’ve taken your men to that next place. You’ve taken your team to that next place — that we’re here to be fearless and to bring everything we’ve got to that game.

“I mean no disrespect to the Croatian team and Croatian people, but at the end of the day it’s a mindset that Canada’s going to have if we’re going to have three points against one of the top teams in the world. And it’s the mindset that we took to Belgium. We have to. It’s part of ‘New Canada,”’ he said referencing the label he had given his team.

Asked about his take on the Croatian team, Herdman called its midfield trio “the best in the world ,” saying it will be a privilege to play Luka Modric whom he called “arguably the generational midfielder of his time.”
Old 11-24-2022, 09:12 AM   #93

So trash talking before a sporting event is not appropriate anymore in this day and age of "inclusivity and tolerance"? What a great (BS) world we live in.

And let's not forget, Canada has a small but notable Croatian population as well. Obviously Coach Herdman does not mean any offence to Croatia and its people. You can easily replace the world "fcuk" with "destroy", and it would largely carry a similar (though weaker and less passionate) meaning. But anyone who has played competitive sport would have understood all this.

Fcuk this politically correct BS. People need to get a life and not act like a fcuking snowflake every time a tiny little something irks them.
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-24-2022, 02:23 PM   #94

Quote:
So trash talking before a sporting event is not appropriate anymore in this day and age of "inclusivity and tolerance"? What a great (BS) world we live in.

And let's not forget, Canada has a small but notable Croatian population as well. Obviously Coach Herdman does not mean any offence to Croatia and its people. You can easily replace the world "fcuk" with "destroy", and it would largely carry a similar (though weaker and less passionate) meaning. But anyone who has played competitive sport would have understood all this.

Fcuk this politically correct BS. People need to get a life and not act like a fcuking snowflake every time a tiny little something irks them.
Why are you taking issue with the question that was asked? Do you see her complaining about inclusivity and tolerance? This is politically correct BS? Snowflake?

“Did you really say after last night’s match that you were going to F-word Croatia? And if you did, is that underestimating Croatia as runner-up of (the) last World Cup?”

Relax lol... When you are caught saying "fuck *country*" you're likely going to have to answer to it, especially when it's the second best team in the world. The question was asked, and he stood up for himself well.
Old 11-24-2022, 04:02 PM   #95
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,932 Times in 3,882 Posts
“Did you really say after last night’s match that you were going to F-word Croatia? And if you did, is that underestimating Croatia as runner-up of (the) last World Cup?

To me that comes across as the reporter was surprised that the coach thinks Canada is capable of fucking up Croatia, not that they're offended by it.

Quote:
People need to get a life and not act like a fcuking snowflake every time a tiny little something irks them.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2022, 04:50 PM   #96

Pretty decent viewership of Canada's game against Belgium from CTV/TSN alone:

https://twitter.com/AHBSeaborn/statu...yjx_0D5BA&s=19
Old 11-24-2022, 04:56 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Why are you taking issue with the question that was asked? Do you see her complaining about inclusivity and tolerance? This is politically correct BS? Snowflake?
I would have expected a normal person with common sense to just brush the comment off as typical sports trash talk. For a reporter to dwell on it, it very much an act of stirring shxt up and bordering on yellow journalism.

But hey, that's what some reporters do, and these are the people giving journalists a bad rep.
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-24-2022, 05:14 PM   #98

Me imagining what the reaction would be if a US hockey player said "fuck Canada" during the Olympics
Old 11-24-2022, 05:19 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
Pretty decent viewership of Canada's game against Belgium from CTV/TSN alone:

https://twitter.com/AHBSeaborn/statu...yjx_0D5BA&s=19
Live sports is huge business - it's the only thing on TV that really makes money anymore as TV ratings are dropping precipitously lately. These networks should be dumping millions into developing various National teams, for soccer, hockey, Olympics, pro wrestlers, F1 drivers, etc. Athlete development is huge potential for these networks.

If there was a huge Canadian NBA star for instance it would be a much bigger deal now than ever before
Old 11-24-2022, 08:52 PM   #100
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Me imagining what the reaction would be if a US hockey player said "fuck Canada" during the Olympics

in reality. We shoud all blame Drake

that man is the real curse