REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-04-2022, 02:40 PM   #126
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,461 Times in 5,119 Posts
Always?

Cars are always announced without pricing as long as I can remember… from concept to reality
Advertisement
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 02:41 PM   #127
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,738 Times in 956 Posts
Why?

Here is all the specs of the product and pics, here is a long presentation, here is when you can buy it.

How much?

Not telling ya.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 02:51 PM   #128
Performance Moderator

I can kinda see why… they may have an idea of production costs but since it’s not being built until almost a year from now that can vary wildly as can the currency exchange rate…
Old 04-04-2022, 04:41 PM   #129

Thanked 2,070 Times in 557 Posts
^ I assume it is

A) not wanting to commit to a $$ in these volatile times, as pricing of raw material and logistics can double with no warning. At my work place, we went from Estimate good for 90 days to 30 days to 7 days, now it is only good for 48 hours... I assume Toyota is still crunching the numbers (as the numbers keeps changing) and seeing what the true cost of the GR Corolla is from factory in Japan to showroom at the dealership.

B) They are gauging interest... I assume they are now going to jack the price higher seeing there is defn more demand than supply at this point. Seeing how butchered the new integra was, and still demand out stripping supply. I think Toyota knows they have a winner in their hands. Now it is just trying to capitalize on the hype/demand without turning off too many buyers....

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
RMS13 240SX 91' //Scrapped
RHS13 240SX 90' //Scrapped
S35 Rogue 12' //Gifted to Parents
GD 6MT Elantra 13' //Sold
CZ4A 5MT GSR Evo 08' // Totalled
Ioniq DCT 19' //Traded in
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Prius Prime 21' //Traded in
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
GSX-R 600 K5' Mental Therapy
Prius Prime 24' New Kids Carrier
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 05:40 PM   #130

When are they actually delivering them?
Old 04-04-2022, 06:49 PM   #131
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
The current rumour is late Oct at earliest.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 08:12 PM   #132
in the butt

Thanked 3,223 Times in 1,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark0821 View Post
B) Bring brand awareness, to bring the avg toyota buyer age down. They want people to think, it is cool to own a toyota in your 20's... do kids these days still use the word "cool"?
This is like the Lincoln ads from a few years ago

Two chicks standing in a line waiting to get into a club
One chick looks over, sees a Lincoln rolling up, "oh waauuu is that a Lincoln?
Chick two looks over "my dad useto drive a Lincoln"
Cutscene to chick one's eyes pop open "that's not your dad"
Dude in his late 20s gets out of it looking fresh in a suit
Both women speechless

Then I proceed to buy my 92 civic si for 700$ and don't get any ass. Maybe I should have bought a lincoln

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 12:15 PM   #133

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
According to Toyota they are making 6000 the first year and 8000 the following years world wide. They could make more but want to keep the demand high. This is going to be a hard car to get for a long time.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3...ction-numbers/
Old 04-05-2022, 02:20 PM   #134

I noticed the US and Canadian articles from Toyota were different, so I ran a comparison on the text. I'm not sure if they just used different revisions of the same article but there's quite a few differences. There were a lot of minor punctuation/capitalization changes that I ignored and I removed any text that was the same in both articles.

Anything not in the other release is in bold

USA
Quote:
Complimentary 1-year membership to the National Auto Sport Association, featuring a High-Performance Driving Event with expert instruction

The GR Corolla Circuit Edition is also equipped with front and rear Torsen Limited-Slip Differentials (LSD), which offer enhanced cornering performance and grip with control of left and right-hand drive torque distribution on the front and rear axles. Front and rear LSD is available as part of the Performance Package on the Core grade, with 4WD open differentials standard.

Automatic climate control, power windows with one-touch auto up/down and heated front seats and steering wheel standard on Circuit Edition. Heated front seats and steering wheel are available with the of Cold Weather package option on Core Grade.

Qi-compatible wireless smartphone charging with full charge indicator light is standard on the Circuit Edition and available as part of the Technology package on the Core Grade.

GR Corolla comes with a one year trial subscription of Toyota Safety Connect® at no additional cost — includes Emergency Assistance, Stolen Vehicle Locator, Roadside Assistance and Automatic Collision Notification.

Option Packages

GR Corolla Core Grade is available with the following packages:

Performance package: Includes front and rear Torsen Limited Slip Differentials (LSD).
Technology package: Includes Premium Audio with Dynamic Navigation and JBL® w/Clari-Fi®, and Qi-compatible wireless smartphone charging.
Cold Weather Package: Includes heated front seats and heated steering wheel.
Canada
Quote:
Available in two grades: Core and launch-year-exclusive Circuit Edition

Toyota’s Safety Sense 3.0 (TSS 3.0) system will also come standard.

The GR Corolla Circuit Edition is also equipped with front and rear Torsen Limited-Slip Differentials (LSD) which offer enhanced cornering performance and grip with control of left and right-hand drive torque distribution on the front and rear axles.

Automatic climate control, power windows with one-touch auto up/down, and heated front seats and steering wheel standard on Circuit Edition. Heated front seats are also standard on the Core Grade.

Qi-compatible wireless smartphone charging with full charge indicator light is standard on the Circuit Edition.

The all-new Toyota Multimedia system will come standard on all GR Corollas. Featuring an 8-inch touchscreen, the system offers an improved user experience through sight, touch and voice. Standard wake word-activated Toyota Assistant allows you to adjust various vehicle settings, like climate control or media. With Intelligent Assistant available through Drive Connect*, simple phrases like “Hey Toyota” awaken the system for natural voice commands to search for directions, find Google POIs and more.

The cloud-based native navigation system, also offered through Drive Connect, allows for real-time traffic updates, dynamic route suggestions and integrates Google POI data to ensure up-to-date search capability. It also supports standard wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto compatibility as well as dual Bluetooth phone pairing.

The Core grade receives an 8” Toyota Multimedia with Service Connect (up to 5-yr trial), Remote Connect (3-yr trial), Safety Connect (3-yr trial), Drive Connect enabled (paid subscription required) along with 6-speaker audio system and standard wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility. To learn more, visit toyota.ca/toyotamultimedia

The Circuit Edition adds a 3-year Drive Connect (Cloud Navigation, Intelligent Assistant, Destination Assist) trial along with 8 JBL speakers with amplifier.
There's a lot of weird grammar in both releases so hopefully it was just rushed a bit and that's why there are discrepancies. But if these are correct we get standard heated seats but no optional packages for the Core which most critically would mean no torsen diffs from the factory.

There are aftermarket LSDs for the Yaris, but it has different ratios than the Corolla so you'd have to wait for those to be developed. I did manage to find an Aussie with an open diff GR Yaris who was able to purchase a rear LSD from Toyota for $2150 AUD (~$2k CAD) so hopefully we'd at least be able to do the same.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2022, 03:32 PM   #135
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,324 Times in 249 Posts
I really hope that's not true, it makes no sense if you can't option the LSDs for the Core. It literally is a deal breaker if the LSDs are Circuit-only.
rawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 04:06 PM   #136

Staring at the articles so closely they definitely seemed rushed so I'm hoping it's just an oversight. There's a bunch of weird stuff like:

"available with the of Cold Weather package"

eh?

I'm not worrying too much until we get proper info on them.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-05-2022, 04:54 PM   #137

Oh yeah, there won't be any demand for this car at all and you'll be able to buy it under MSRP. Uh huh /s
Old 04-05-2022, 05:10 PM   #138

Thanked 2,070 Times in 557 Posts
lol we can only hope....if the Torsen are not even an option for the base core trim....

The curcuit edition in Camada are gonna $$$$$$$ to the moon lololol.....

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
RMS13 240SX 91' //Scrapped
RHS13 240SX 90' //Scrapped
S35 Rogue 12' //Gifted to Parents
GD 6MT Elantra 13' //Sold
CZ4A 5MT GSR Evo 08' // Totalled
Ioniq DCT 19' //Traded in
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Prius Prime 21' //Traded in
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
GSX-R 600 K5' Mental Therapy
Prius Prime 24' New Kids Carrier
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 05:20 PM   #139
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
I have my name on a list for a white C.E. through a Fleet channel. Sounds like a hail mary but will see how this plays out. No one knows shit at this point.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 06:09 PM   #140
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,174 Posts
Or, they did what they did for the IS500 and basically include all the packages in the “base” trim. That would be sweet.

IS500 Launch Edition basically was the cosmetic stuff. Might be the same for us Canadians.
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 09:21 PM   #141
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
I just picked up my GR86 and spoke to the dealer about the GR Corolla. I was told it will be hard to get especially if you want the Circuit edition but if i'm willing to trade the GR86 back to them they will give me one if they have one.

Pretty much how dealers work nowadays unfortunately...

Not sure if I really want it bad enough over the 86.

21' 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
23' VW MK8 GTI 40th Anniversary
18' Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
21' Ducati Streetfighter V4 S

--
16' Mineral Grey F80 BMW M3 6MT SOLD -11/22
22' Halo Toyota GR86 6MT SOLD -11/22
12' Phantom Black - B8 Audi S4 - SOLD 04/19
07' WDP Acura TL Type-S - A-Spec/ATLP/H&R - SOLD 12/17
18' Matte Silver Ice - Triumph 765 Street Triple RS - SOLD 4/21
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 09:27 PM   #142

^ Which Dealer ?
That's f--king Porsche Game
Old 04-05-2022, 11:51 PM   #143
Performance Moderator

Toyota is taking a big risk on this car... I mean... don't get me wrong I think it's fantastic they're making it... but at the end of the day 300hp and AWD and Corolla isn't a supercar... and they're treating it like it is.

I mean, MAYBE apples and oranges to some... but a Merc A35 AMG 4 door hatch is somewhat readily available with 302hp for $52k... shrug...

The GR86 is bang on, marketed a fun sports car that's light and good price point for what it is, not super had to get one if you are an enthusiast of any sort or even if you're not... but making the GR Corolla like it's some untouchable mythical creature by comparison is a big mistake in my mind and goes against what they're trying to achieve with the GR branding.
Old 04-06-2022, 02:33 AM   #144
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
lol. Can't wait until they release the price and it's way too high.
Then people on the waitlist start dropping like flies cause they can no longer afford it.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2022, 09:56 AM   #145
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
I just picked up my GR86 and spoke to the dealer about the GR Corolla. I was told it will be hard to get especially if you want the Circuit edition but if i'm willing to trade the GR86 back to them they will give me one if they have one.

Pretty much how dealers work nowadays unfortunately...

Not sure if I really want it bad enough over the 86.
brand new 86 trade back to them for same price? or get raped with trade in value? lol

if they are playing that game, I would tell them to F off, and tell them I will now service my vehicle at another dealership. All dealerships dont make money on new cars. They make all the money on used cars, and service.
teggy604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 12:40 PM   #146

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
lol. Can't wait until they release the price and it's way too high.
Then people on the waitlist start dropping like flies cause they can no longer afford it.
It's going to have to be similarly priced to it's competitors like the Golf R and the Civic Type R.
Old 04-06-2022, 01:23 PM   #147
in the butt

Thanked 3,223 Times in 1,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
but a Merc A35 AMG 4 door hatch is somewhat readily available with 302hp for $52k... shrug...
I'm dissapointed they never sold the A45 here, and additionally, if I'm not mistaken the A35 only comes in the pussy package auto

Probably one of the only new cars I would consider buying

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 01:42 PM   #148
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,514 Times in 4,312 Posts
You are correct. The A35 comes in auto only. Too bad for the A45 not making it here.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 02:08 PM   #149
Performance Moderator

Unrelated, but the C43 AMG estate is one sexy bitch
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2022, 02:55 PM   #150
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Toyota is taking a big risk on this car... I mean... don't get me wrong I think it's fantastic they're making it... but at the end of the day 300hp and AWD and Corolla isn't a supercar... and they're treating it like it is.

I mean, MAYBE apples and oranges to some... but a Merc A35 AMG 4 door hatch is somewhat readily available with 302hp for $52k... shrug...

The GR86 is bang on, marketed a fun sports car that's light and good price point for what it is, not super had to get one if you are an enthusiast of any sort or even if you're not... but making the GR Corolla like it's some untouchable mythical creature by comparison is a big mistake in my mind and goes against what they're trying to achieve with the GR branding.
Also automatic only, but for a bit more you also have the BMW X2 M35i. Then there’s the JCW stuff.