REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 01-29-2021, 03:19 PM   #11051
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts

They really REALLY REALLY want people to lose their cool and sell their GME
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2021, 04:00 PM   #11052
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
I think it depends on what peoples goals are. Some average -ish Joes will make some good money off it, but I see a lot of stories from broke people who got screwed in 2008 and screwed again in 2020 while billionaires laughed and got handouts and just want the chance to turn the tables for once. They threw in what little they have and they don't care if they lose it by holding forever since they've lost everything before and they'll lose it again in the future either way.*

It seems to be hurting some billionaires, at least emotionally, or there wouldn't be weird ads and old douchebags crying on the news about the poors being mean to wealthy people. I'm definitely not smart enough to know what the end result will be but it's certainly going to be interesting.

*I'm also loving how this seems to be beyond the comprehension of the Wall Street billionaires and the douches who like to LARP as one. They can't seem to process having a goal that isn't self serving.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:

Last edited by underscore; 01-29-2021 at 05:00 PM.
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2021, 04:04 PM   #11053
Need to Seek Professional Help

Looks like the revenge of the establishment might be happening. Maybe this is what the SEC and the ceo of nasdaq meant when they said they were going to monitor social media. More and more retail investors are going to get hurt (myself included). Either that or robinhood is trying to make it look like they weren’t acting only against WSB stocks.

https://twitter.com/cnbc/status/1355...568115200?s=21
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 04:05 PM   #11054

I think it mostly comes down to how many of the people holding GME are "true believers". If it's enough, it can work. A famous (I guess?) Chinese billionaire said he'd buy $10 million worth but I doubt his motives. Who knows though

Because the hedge funds shorted around 150% of the stocks that exist, it will actually take fewer of these "true believers" than it would if they were just a tiny bit less greedy.
Old 01-29-2021, 05:44 PM   #11055
RS controls my life!

Does anyone know how the identity of u/deepfuckingvalue got revealed? I think this is a huge blow to the movement. There is going to be an insane amount of spotlight and scrutiny on him (his face is already on the biggest front page section of wsj.com). Obviously this guy's got massive balls but I'd feel immense psychological pressure if 5 million people were listening to my investment advice. Wouldn't blame him if he starts taking profits off the table either. If he starts to capitulate, that's going to hurt the morale and sentiment of the movement. Interesting that he is a CFA charterholder... he has studied and passed financial ethics test three times lol
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 05:59 PM   #11056

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGnoRE View Post
Does anyone know how the identity of u/deepfuckingvalue got revealed? I think this is a huge blow to the movement. There is going to be an insane amount of spotlight and scrutiny on him (his face is already on the biggest front page section of wsj.com). Obviously this guy's got massive balls but I'd feel immense psychological pressure if 5 million people were listening to my investment advice. Wouldn't blame him if he starts taking profits off the table either. If he starts to capitulate, that's going to hurt the morale and sentiment of the movement. Interesting that he is a CFA charterholder... he has studied and passed financial ethics test three times lol
I read the article and I don't see any reason this would be a blow to the movement... If anything it realizes it even more. Guy with a 2 year old held from from the beginning, could have just quietly made millions but instead started the movement.

Again it comes down to - is he a "true believer" or a guy who tried to manipulate the market? I think if it was the latter, he never would have revealed himself, and would have sold out long ago and disappeared.

I'm interested to hear why you think this is a bad thing. I know nothing about the stock market, but I really enjoy observing.. society I guess you'd say? Since this isn't a typical stock market thing that follows their rules rather than societal rules, I don't think it can be viewed the same way.

If anything, they are trying to set him up as a "leader" so they have someone to go after with accusations of manipulating the market
Old 01-29-2021, 06:12 PM   #11057
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Kevin O’Leary making a point

JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2021, 06:19 PM   #11058
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,324 Times in 249 Posts

me yesterday
rawr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2021, 06:20 PM   #11059
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I read the article and I don't see any reason this would be a blow to the movement... If anything it realizes it even more. Guy with a 2 year old held from from the beginning, could have just quietly made millions but instead started the movement.

Again it comes down to - is he a "true believer" or a guy who tried to manipulate the market? I think if it was the latter, he never would have revealed himself, and would have sold out long ago and disappeared.

I'm interested to hear why you think this is a bad thing. I know nothing about the stock market, but I really enjoy observing.. society I guess you'd say? Since this isn't a typical stock market thing that follows their rules rather than societal rules, I don't think it can be viewed the same way.

If anything, they are trying to set him up as a "leader" so they have someone to go after with accusations of manipulating the market
I wasn't sure if he came forward on his own or if his identity was revealed and he was forced to do interviews with the media. In wsb, there was a post about how his identity was doxed but hard to determine credibility of that. If it became public knowledge that 5 million people were listening to my investment advice, I'd feel a lot of pressure. He's a CFA charterholder so he obviously isn't some amateur (requires 4 years experience) and he knows exactly how careful he has to be when recommending investments. He also has to be extremely clear, now, in how he communicates his investment thesis. At this current price point, why shouldn't his clients take profit and reduce exposure? What is the final price target? What are the downside risks? What is the rationale? Is the main catalyst to force a short squeeze? (arguably a violation of ethics for transaction-based manipulation) Is the recommendation based on your own political motivation? (dereliction of duty to client). Surely he's also thought about the potential legal ramification if GME craters and people suffer massive losses. If any this stuff leads to him slowly backing down on his calls or positions, that might be the tipping point for GME at least. But in the end, like you said, maybe he is a true believer and he doesn't care about any of this stuff that he has pledged to.
Old 01-29-2021, 06:34 PM   #11060
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
all i know if i was massively ahead at 4.35 a share to 400+ i'd get tf out
Old 01-29-2021, 06:38 PM   #11061

I thought he shared his identity himself? Supposedly he has a YouTube channel and I assume he did the interview by choice.

Also holy shit I agree with O'Leary about something. What a funny day.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:

Last edited by underscore; 01-29-2021 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-29-2021, 06:47 PM   #11062
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

His youtube channel. I wish I was following him months ago. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0p...bhcEUap0bTX3JQ
Old 01-29-2021, 06:50 PM   #11063
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I thought he shared his identity himself? Supposedly he has a YouTube channel and I assume he did the interview by choice.
That's what I was hoping someone would clarify for me. His youtube channel goes by "Roaring Kitty" and his reddit id is "deepfuckingvalue" (love the name btw), and his real name is something else. Not sure if the connection between that youtube channel and reddit persona was public knowledge.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2021, 07:00 PM   #11064
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
all i know if i was massively ahead at 4.35 a share to 400+ i'd get tf out
Many people would have bailed after they were up 50-100%. He saw the value in Gamestop, even after being ridiculed on WSB for over a year.
eclipseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 07:04 PM   #11065
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGnoRE View Post
That's what I was hoping someone would clarify for me. His youtube channel goes by "Roaring Kitty" and his reddit id is "deepfuckingvalue" (love the name btw), and his real name is something else. Not sure if the connection between that youtube channel and reddit persona was public knowledge.
Apparently he was identified by a Dailymail investigation? I believe I read that he was identified through an LLC he had registered way back, as Roaring Kitty Co. or something similar.

As DFV, his Roaring Kitty youtube channel was known, at least on Wallstreetbets.
eclipseman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2021, 07:23 PM   #11066

Idk if this will work

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetb...m_source=share

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by underscore; 01-29-2021 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-29-2021, 08:32 PM   #11067
Need to Seek Professional Help

Pretty much anything that gets mentioned on social media and/or has heightened share/call activity will likely end up on this list.
Remember what the SEC & CEO of nasdaq said - they will be monitoring social media for manipulative activity. This is the start. They're not going to go after the hedge funds, they're going after the retail market. Remember, hedge fund & system manipulation is hidden, and the entire narrative across all mainstream media, c-suite execs, etc... is retail investor manipulation.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 05:05 AM   #11068
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
The rest of that post could be true but the part about "I saw hedge funders literally drinking champagne as they looked down on the Occupy Wall Street protestors" is not accurate. That specific event was when a crowd of patrons on the balcony of Cipriani Club Residences, dual condominium residence and private luxury club, was seen looking down at the crowd of Occupy Wall street protestors with drinks in their hand. Were those guests that were onlooking from the balcony rich? Probably. But no one knows if those guests at that restaurant were hedge funders, or if they had any involvement in the housing crash that ruined that redditor's family, or if they even work in finance.
Old 01-30-2021, 05:27 AM   #11069

There's a lot of fiction being written on reddit around this stuff. Saw more than one post about "my family was broke after 2008" blah blah blah... Actually more than a few posts with that same story. Be wary of that kind of shit.

But still hold and fuck these billionaires over!
Old 01-30-2021, 06:34 AM   #11070

It's the internet, so it's a toss up at best and only a single person anyways.

Maybe that's not what actually happened in the picture, but again it's the internet so you know it was all over the place with different captions and who knows how many people know the correct one.

What is known is that a lot of people lost a lot in 2008 and again in 2020 while billionaires got handouts. It's just a matter of whether people being (rightfully) pissed off about that causes them to act and if their actions can even make a difference.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-30-2021, 02:23 PM   #11071
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
Which SPAC? I'm looking into new plays since GME saga is over.

I'm currently in BTWN, BTNB, and SVFA.
Sorry used the completely wrong term LOL. Let me rephrase. I participated in a PP about two years ago, which the private company did a RTO on a CPC, and is now on TSX.V as HULK.V.

I've seen a lot of PP deal decks come across my desk over the years, but this is the first one that I've actually put money into and seen it progress from a private company to a public company.

Having learned what I learned now, I feel that while the risks are higher, choosing the correct SPAC or purchasing shares of a CPC can lead to high reward. For example, the CPC that HULK.V used was AMW.P, which traded at $0.09. If my understanding is correct, shareholders of AMW.P are now shareholders of HULK.V which on Day 1 closed at 0.75. So without access to a PP, if I had invested in that CPC, I would be up 7x on Day 1?

Edit: Does anyone have experience with depositing share certificates into a brokerage or executing share warrants? I have about 4 months before I have to really worry about either, but it seems like WealthSimple doesnt do share certificate conversation and TD won't touch physicals cause COVID.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||

Last edited by BIC_BAWS; 01-30-2021 at 02:37 PM.
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2021, 04:29 PM   #11072
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
A co-worker sent me an IM during work that one of his buddies bragged about making big gains from GameStop.

That co-worker is wishing that he made 50 grand US like his buddy.
Old 01-31-2021, 05:33 PM   #11073

Something a lot of people learned this week

This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2021, 07:42 PM   #11074
I'm invisible

Any tips or recommended reading/watching for a newbie learning the ropes about stocks? This GME, NOK and AMC are pretty exciting over the last few weeks.

Last edited by Edison_Chen; 01-31-2021 at 07:52 PM.
Edison_Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2021, 08:10 PM   #11075

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edison_Chen View Post
Any tips or recommended reading/watching for a newbie learning the ropes about stocks? This GME, NOK and AMC are pretty exciting over the last few weeks.
https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets