REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 12-17-2016, 01:51 AM   #3201
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I'm having a hell of a time looking for watches with a 24 hour dial. Can anybody point me in the right direction?
Advertisement
BillyBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 01:54 PM   #3202
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 2,740 Times in 359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBishop View Post
I'm having a hell of a time looking for watches with a 24 hour dial. Can anybody point me in the right direction?
Get any GMT watch and just use the extra hand to show your 24hr time.
Old 12-17-2016, 04:06 PM   #3203

Ohhh I didn't know there was a watch thread.

I recently bought a watch, still in transit/shipping.

I bought this:
https://vincerocollective.com/collec...chrono-s-black
With coupon code, it ended up being ~160 CAD with free shipping.

Debated for a while whether to get the Black or the Blue faced. Ended up with black. I think blue is harder to match with my clothes (although I often wear dark blue dress shirts ;s)

I don't know too much about watches... but I thought this looked pretty nice. Looks more expensive than it actually is... but that's just my opinion :P
Old 12-17-2016, 04:44 PM   #3204
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuYang View Post
Ohhh I didn't know there was a watch thread.

I recently bought a watch, still in transit/shipping.

I bought this:
https://vincerocollective.com/collec...chrono-s-black
With coupon code, it ended up being ~160 CAD with free shipping.

Debated for a while whether to get the Black or the Blue faced. Ended up with black. I think blue is harder to match with my clothes (although I often wear dark blue dress shirts ;s)

I don't know too much about watches... but I thought this looked pretty nice. Looks more expensive than it actually is... but that's just my opinion :P
Really like the look of the watch. Is not too fancy and clean looking. The color will match with a lot of outfit from casual to formal. Now that I have gotten a few watches of my mine and research a little more into it I feel like once you are start out in the real world a clean looking watch like the one you purchase is very important. Don't get something that's too messy and non traditional. Those watches can wait after you start building a watch collections. Price is good too.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2016, 05:47 PM   #3205
Bieksa eats bears for breakfast...

Gonna get rid of my Apple watch and get back to a real watch...nice features and gimmicks, but I need my Longines Hydroconquest Automatic, or an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean.

Your balls are sensitive things!! They shouldn't be played around with, at least not like that, and you should NOT BE DIPPING THEM IN AFTERSHAVE! Oh my god, I feel sorry for your balls!"

ODC: "Wrong, a roots type blower will produce max boost from 0rpm to redline."

Iceman_19: "A roots makes zero boost at zero rpm, lol"

Ulic Qel-Droma: "haha go google image big black dick. or black cock. i forgot which term i used. it's one of the many."
Iceman_2K is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-26-2016, 10:18 AM   #3206
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman_2K View Post
Gonna get rid of my Apple watch and get back to a real watch...nice features and gimmicks, but I need my Longines Hydroconquest Automatic, or an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean.
Is funny when in meetings I saw my co workers look at their smart watch when they got a notification. I mean your phone is like right in front of you just see what the message is! If it is important than reply if it is not then ingore.

I never really like smartwatch (at least in its current state). Beside you have charge it every 2 to 3 days. If you forget then well no battery or if you are traveling you now have an extra device to charge. Too much hassle for me.

Last edited by Mr.HappySilp; 12-27-2016 at 12:07 AM.
Old 12-26-2016, 12:00 PM   #3207
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,714 Times in 1,054 Posts

Got a nice brown Hirsch strap for my speedy in my stocking. Such a versatile watch with a box of straps to pick from
The Producer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-26-2016, 02:06 PM   #3208
Bieksa eats bears for breakfast...

Pretty much - I got it cause I was using the heart rate monitor for a while as I was lowering my blood pressure, so it did its job then. However, everything else isn't as handy as I would like it. Messages are better on the phone, and I use Apple Pay on my phone more than the watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Is funny when in meetings I saw my co workers look at their phones when they got a notification. I mean your phone is like right in front of you just see what the message is! If it is important than reply if it is not then ingore.

I never really like smartwatch (at least in its current state). Beside you have charge it every 2 to 3 days. If you forget then well no battery or if you are traveling you now have an extra device to charge. Too much hassle for me.

Your balls are sensitive things!! They shouldn't be played around with, at least not like that, and you should NOT BE DIPPING THEM IN AFTERSHAVE! Oh my god, I feel sorry for your balls!"

ODC: "Wrong, a roots type blower will produce max boost from 0rpm to redline."

Iceman_19: "A roots makes zero boost at zero rpm, lol"

Ulic Qel-Droma: "haha go google image big black dick. or black cock. i forgot which term i used. it's one of the many."
Iceman_2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 12:51 PM   #3209
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Picked this up in October from Monte Cristo. Rolex Submariner Date in stainless steel with black dial.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1.jpg (124.7 KB, 0 views)
haulin oats is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2016, 09:49 PM   #3210
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,344 Times in 972 Posts
Quote:
Is funny when in meetings I saw my co workers look at their smart watch when they got a notification. I mean your phone is like right in front of you just see what the message is! If it is important than reply if it is not then ingore.

I had the same concerns and was so pissed at it too. However, i got the Google blaze as a present and I couldn't return it. I do enjoy it for ONE reason; I do not need to look at my phone to read text messages / whatsapp. That itself is why I went to smart watch. Heart rate, stairs count, calories all useless to me; the fact I don't need to take out my phone every few seconds... I'm happy.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 08:54 AM   #3211
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Here's what I have:

Tag Heuer Aqua Racer

Rolex Oyster was my grandfathers watch. He bought it in 1952 when he had his first born son - which was my father. It's an old watch for sure, a classic.

Omega Sea Master Black Face

Omega Sea Master Blue Face I don't really wear.

Tag Heuer Monza

Tag Heuer Formula 1
bokch0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 06:23 PM   #3212
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Not mine, bought it for my fiancé. Will get a couples version for sure, but no dimonds for me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photostudio_1483222649667.jpg (246.3 KB, 0 views)
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2017, 12:26 AM   #3213
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts

Bought my second Seiko a week or so ago (SRP313K2) which is I'm reasonably certain my first ever watch over 40mm. This one is commonly known as the Dracula Monster or the Bloody Monster. Love it. Pretty accurate so far, might have hit the movement lottery with this one. The lume is phenomenal. The bracelet was a pain in the ass to size because of the pin and collar construction but it's now hella comfy. If I had one complaint it's that the bezel while the action is smooth and solid it's a bit difficult to operate in my opinion. That's a-ok though because it'll get used at most for swimming or watersports. All in all a pretty good after work or weekend watch that I won't be afraid to scratch or ding up.
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2017, 10:39 PM   #3214

Noob question as I want to get into the watch collection hobby too. Where do you guys get your watches? Like the Omegas, IWCs, and Rolex? I saw someone mention Monte Cristo.

I'm also cheap haha, so do any of the dealers able to do a "cash deal" to save on credit card fees and such? Or just any dealer that's willing to give some discounts? I know these are prestigious pieces and probably no discounts, but hey, doesn't hurt to ask. :P
bomberR17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:48 PM   #3215
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,507 Times in 4,310 Posts
Most stores will offer a discount - you just have to ask for it. And yes, there typically are incentives for paying in cash.

Time & Gold, Siba Jewelers, Lugaro Jewelers, Ann Louise Jewelers, Palladio Jewelers, Monte Cristo, and Rodeo Jewelers are ones that come to mind. Always shop around.

I know for a fact that Birks does not negotiate whatsoever, but I could be wrong. Good luck in your search.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2017, 05:23 AM   #3216
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
just got a radiomir black seal

Panerai Radiomir Collection Radiomir Black Seal Ceramic 45mm ... for C$ 9,248 for sale from a Trusted Seller on Chrono24

and a rolex explorer ii , black

still prefer my citizen automatic collection lol

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:50 AM   #3217

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Most stores will offer a discount - you just have to ask for it. And yes, there typically are incentives for paying in cash.

Time & Gold, Siba Jewelers, Lugaro Jewelers, Ann Louise Jewelers, Palladio Jewelers, Monte Cristo, and Rodeo Jewelers are ones that come to mind. Always shop around.

I know for a fact that Birks does not negotiate whatsoever, but I could be wrong. Good luck in your search.
Thanks for your information. It's too bad a lot of stores don't post prices online so I'll have to go to each store to see what I like and which ones fit my price range.

Also, was thinking of getting a vintage one too. Do those stores also carry vintage watches or only a select few. Thanks again for your help!
Old 01-07-2017, 12:40 PM   #3218
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,714 Times in 1,054 Posts
Check out watchuseek, timezone forums, rolexforums, omegaforums and other online sources. I'd never buy new luxury watches personally - always used, always well discounted. At least use these sites to get an idea of the type of pieces that interest you
The Producer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2017, 02:21 PM   #3219
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberR17 View Post
Noob question as I want to get into the watch collection hobby too. Where do you guys get your watches? Like the Omegas, IWCs, and Rolex? I saw someone mention Monte Cristo.

I'm also cheap haha, so do any of the dealers able to do a "cash deal" to save on credit card fees and such? Or just any dealer that's willing to give some discounts? I know these are prestigious pieces and probably no discounts, but hey, doesn't hurt to ask. :P
WatchRecon - The Most Intelligent Search Engine for Private Watch Sales
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2017, 07:44 PM   #3220

Anyone check out HQ Milton? I heard they reputable. Only thing I'm worried about are the duties and taxes as well as exchange rate.
Old 01-08-2017, 08:03 PM   #3221

Thanked 2,740 Times in 359 Posts
Added another one to the stable.
Seiko 'Sea Urchin' (SNZF15J2)

Last edited by richardmozis; 01-09-2017 at 08:28 AM.
richardmozis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2017, 09:55 PM   #3222
The Fiesta Dipper

Selling my Oris Williams F1 if anyone is interested. Selling it to fund a grail watch!

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/jwl/5949499427.html
E_Fahlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:50 AM   #3223

The watch I order earlier. Is not that bad actually.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2017, 08:33 PM   #3224

Should've went on instagram sooner as I would've placed a reservation on this. darn.

https://www.omegawatches.com/speedytuesday/
Old 01-10-2017, 11:44 PM   #3225
SiRVs up, dude

Anyone have a G-shock solar power/compass type watch?