REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 12-16-2017, 10:44 AM   #3326
Banned By Establishment

What kind of watches do you have?

They are a nice looking series of watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 08:58 PM   #3327
SiRVs up, dude

An alternative to the MR-G from G-shock I found... the Bulova Precisionists
Trying to find a good place to view them in person before I buy, but I can't find places that carry the 96B175!
Old 01-05-2018, 11:05 AM   #3328
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb View Post
New additions to my collection

Left: Universal Geneve Railrouter 1205 Manual Wind - From the 1960's, Railroad approved due to its accuracy

Right: Seiko Quartz Speedmaster Chrono JDM model - From 1983 and the first ever analog chronograph quartz watch. Completely serviceable and has no plastic parts.
Picked up a 1984 Seiko RAF recently as well. Do you have any leads on having the 7A28 serviced?
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:57 PM   #3329
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
Just ordered a watch for myself, im excited. This time I went for a smaller watch that will fit my wrist more comfortably and the strap is more on a casual side so i can wear it to any circumstances. Im more on the simplicity and design side than for a brand. Cant wait, should be here this week.
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 11:55 AM   #3330
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,507 Times in 4,310 Posts
It would be nice if you shared what you bought.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-16-2018, 02:19 PM   #3331
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Always wanted a 2-liner no-date sub and managed to pick one up a few weeks ago

Last edited by freakshow; 01-17-2018 at 09:27 AM.
freakshow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2018, 03:30 PM   #3332
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

^Pics?

Not a huge Rolex guy, so don't really know what is special about 2-liner and those "red text" subs. No-date is definitely the way to go though :]
Old 01-17-2018, 09:30 AM   #3333
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuYang View Post
^Pics?

Not a huge Rolex guy, so don't really know what is special about 2-liner and those "red text" subs. No-date is definitely the way to go though :]
fixed my pic..

nothing really special about t his one. older subs were all 2-lines, in the model I got (14060M), it comes in both 2 and 4 liner, so i just prefer the older style (looks cleaner to me). the later versions of the 14060M and the newer subs are mostly 4 liners
Old 01-18-2018, 09:26 PM   #3334
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
fixed my pic..

nothing really special about t his one. older subs were all 2-lines, in the model I got (14060M), it comes in both 2 and 4 liner, so i just prefer the older style (looks cleaner to me). the later versions of the 14060M and the newer subs are mostly 4 liners
Ahhh I see. Much cleaner indeed. The older subs like yours look much nicer (in my opinion) with the thinner lugs, etc.

Grats on your purchase!
Old 01-21-2018, 11:25 AM   #3335
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Anyone recent bought a watch locally at Brinkhaus, Palladio or Monte Christo, and received a decent discount?

What sorts of discount can one assume, before negotiating further?
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:12 PM   #3336
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,344 Times in 972 Posts
^ yup, monte christo if you want rolex, u get % off depending if you are client they know.
You can pay a premium to jump the line also.

as for Brinkhaus, if u're just walking in and try to buy PP, they will refuse to sell to you. Even if you got cash, they said nope; we don't take waiting list nor want to sell you PP.
6793026 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 02:00 PM   #3337
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,507 Times in 4,310 Posts
It's hard to assume what kind of discount you will get, because this all depends on what you want.

If you wanted a Submariner, you might not get much of a discount, but a Cellini or Milgauss might get you a bigger discount. You really have to know what you want first, and shop around, and be prepared to buy. Cash is king.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:15 PM   #3338
Princess Dewey

Quote:
Originally Posted by toi View Post
How much would you guys pay for this original owner no box mark iv drsd?
On the back does it say "Patent Pending"? If it does, It could be more valuable than you think.
[05-03, 17:18] MPTness
if her age on the clock, she's too young for a cock

[12-03, 22:33] Amuro Ray
i was wearing women's clothing in my picture

[14-04, 00:16] Amuro Ray
i have hello kitty underwear

[14-04, 00:23] Amuro Ray
i find feet sexually exciting

[29-04, 00:21] Ri2
if i was a guy i'd just ejaculate on her face all up in her nose, mark yo territory like a beast

[14-05, 23:29] Ri2
i just watched japanese girls poop on each other for like 10 mins
smarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:37 AM   #3339
toi
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

it’s a mark iv... clearly not the first test runs
toi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:46 AM   #3340
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
When I started embracing minimalism, I sold all my watches including an Omega Speedy, Rolex Sub, and Tudor Heritage.

I only kept 1 watch, and it was the first watch I ever bought over 10 years ago. It’s scratched up, dented, been around the world with me, still runs like a charm, and keeps me humble.

The good ol’ faithful SKX007.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Wb...Z8NFUysisHf0UW

Having said that, I’ve been eyeing the Seiko Shogun as a second watch. It does have that Rolex Sub look, but I prefer the humbler Seiko at this point in life. I think I’ve grown out of the luxury brands. When I had my Speedy and Sub, I was always so careful and obsessive over my watch. Not that the $1000 Shogun is chump change. But I wouldn’t be devastated if I smacked it against a table and scratched it or something. Right now it’s just kind of strange wearing the SKX’s Pepsi Bezel with a suit

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0

Last edited by PJ; 02-14-2018 at 10:55 AM.
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:40 AM   #3341
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Where do you guys typically sell your watches, craigslist? I don't have any high end stuff, just thinking about selling a Tissot and maybe some other daily's.
2008 Mercedes C300
2012 Ford F-150 XLT
2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Current
1999 Chevy Trailblazer
2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2015 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
2018 Honda HR-V Touring
2019 Audi A4 Technik - Current
2012 Porsche 911 Targa 4 - Current

1995 Kawasaki ZX-6R
2005 Yamaha R6 - RIP
2006 Yamaha R6 50th Anniversary Edition - Current

IG: G_SPYDER91
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:18 AM   #3342
SiRVs up, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
I only kept 1 watch, and it was the first watch I ever bought over 10 years ago. It’s scratched up, dented, been around the world with me, still runs like a charm, and keeps me humble.

The good ol’ faithful SKX007.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Wb...Z8NFUysisHf0UW

Having said that, I’ve been eyeing the Seiko Shogun as a second watch. It does have that Rolex Sub look, but I prefer the humbler Seiko at this point in life. I think I’ve grown out of the luxury brands. When I had my Speedy and Sub, I was always so careful and obsessive over my watch. Not that the $1000 Shogun is chump change. But I wouldn’t be devastated if I smacked it against a table and scratched it or something. Right now it’s just kind of strange wearing the SKX’s Pepsi Bezel with a suit
I never understood the fascination of the SKX007, it's a nice diver I guess but... It just doesn't really hit the spot for me... And I don't understand how you could sell the Rolex Sub over the skx?! If anything the sub would have been my "forever watch" to pass on to my kid(s). But to each their own I guess.

If your looking for a new diver and staying away from the big luxury brands, check out the new Seiko Prospex SLA017. Its more than the $1000 you wanted to spend, but far less than a Rollie still!

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/th...rospex-diver-s
Old 02-16-2018, 04:07 PM   #3343
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Too bad the SLA is limited and finding one isn't easy, however the SBDC051 is a lot more available.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:05 PM   #3344
PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRV View Post
I never understood the fascination of the SKX007, it's a nice diver I guess but... It just doesn't really hit the spot for me... And I don't understand how you could sell the Rolex Sub over the skx?! If anything the sub would have been my "forever watch" to pass on to my kid(s). But to each their own I guess.

If your looking for a new diver and staying away from the big luxury brands, check out the new Seiko Prospex SLA017. Its more than the $1000 you wanted to spend, but far less than a Rollie still!

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/th...rospex-diver-s
Funny enough, I felt the least amount of connection to the Rolex. I bought it when I made my first big chunk of change, and it was more of a trophy than anything. I wore it maybe 2-4 times a month because I was so obsessed about the condition. So that was easy to sell and get rid of.

I don’t know, I think it’s just my personality. Never really had a real interest in premium fancy/luxury things. So keeping the Seiko just made sense for my situation. I mainly kept the Skx because it was my first ever watch, if I had any other watch first, I probably would’ve kept that one.

I’m a fan of the skx mainly because of its iconic heritage, and also because it’s just a reliable, respected watch at a humble price point. Which is more my style. And as for looks, well, that’s subjective. I’m also at a point in life where I’m like “ehh... who do I have to impress.”

Not knocking on anyone who likes or has fancy things. I’ve just gotten into the whole minimalism thing lately, so I’m trying to only keep material things that are practical and/or represent who I am. The Seiko was an easy choice.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2018, 06:25 AM   #3345
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
Funny enough, I felt the least amount of connection to the Rolex. I bought it when I made my first big chunk of change, and it was more of a trophy than anything. I wore it maybe 2-4 times a month because I was so obsessed about the condition. So that was easy to sell and get rid of.

I don’t know, I think it’s just my personality. Never really had a real interest in premium fancy/luxury things. So keeping the Seiko just made sense for my situation. I mainly kept the Skx because it was my first ever watch, if I had any other watch first, I probably would’ve kept that one.

I’m a fan of the skx mainly because of its iconic heritage, and also because it’s just a reliable, respected watch at a humble price point. Which is more my style. And as for looks, well, that’s subjective. I’m also at a point in life where I’m like “ehh... who do I have to impress.”

Not knocking on anyone who likes or has fancy things. I’ve just gotten into the whole minimalism thing lately, so I’m trying to only keep material things that are practical and/or represent who I am. The Seiko was an easy choice.
I feel that this is the best part about watch collecting. Everyone is different and their tastes can be inherently seen through the watches that they choose to wear. There is no wrong answer. Everyone should just wear the piece that gives them the most joy. For some, that is not a Rolex or any high end brand and that is totally ok. I have really come to appreciate Seiko's and have been looking at some vendors that do nice SKX mods.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:24 PM   #3346
SiRVs up, dude

Yeah I agree with your sentiment freesole (well fitted name). Watch collecting is really something thats got a bit of a personal feel to it for sure.

Recently I semi-retired my old military style G-shock / wedding band combo for something more 'adult'-ish.

OldSetup.jpg

Wore it all the time and got a lot of compliments about it... as much as you would typically get about a watch anyway.

I switched up to this... been looking into it for a few months at least and finally bit the bullet (and the bill).

NewSetup.jpg

At first I was a bit worried about how it would fit on my wrist. I'd tried on a few large watches in the past and I was concerned that it wouldn't really fit well... but alas, it does! (IMO)

wrist profile.jpg

Here's a bit of a lume shot for kicks

Lume.jpg

I love it, it's been on my wrist every day since I got it. Solar powered and has GPS sync for accurate time.
Old 02-24-2018, 01:02 PM   #3347
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I’m big on Seiko!! Picked this up in Japan a few months ago. Bracelet just arrived in the mail.
B3E5C12C-A1CE-48D4-ABAB-533F0899C1BD.jpg
josayeee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2018, 06:55 PM   #3348
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

what're your thoughts/opinions on boss watches?

impulse bought it because there was a sale for 70% off at boysco

but thinking back it would've been a better decision to get a watch from an actual watch company
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WhatsApp Image 2018-02-18 at 11.15.15 PM.jpg (108.0 KB, 0 views)
DinhNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 08:12 PM   #3349
SiRVs up, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinhNg View Post
but thinking back it would've been a better decision to get a watch from an actual watch company
This.

Yeah, designer (boss/armani etc.) watches are nice to the untrained eye. But for watch enthusiasts I think they'll see it and not think much of it at all.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:03 PM   #3350
PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRV View Post
This.

Yeah, designer (boss/armani etc.) watches are nice to the untrained eye. But for watch enthusiasts I think they'll see it and not think much of it at all.
^Agree.

Mechanically, there’s not much difference between a Hugo Boss watch and a Swatch watch. Also most fashion branded watches (Michael Kors, Armani, Diesel, etc.) are all made by Fossil anyway, so you’re really just paying for the brand stamped onto a stock generic watch.

But at the end of the day if you like it, that’s all that matters.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
This post thanked by: