REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Best Roads to drive in BC (https://www.revscene.net/forums/462778-best-roads-drive-bc.html)

Touring5 08-19-2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hc529 (Post 5923584)
wow, when i get my license back, im definitely trying this route!
Im doing a cruise to Bella Coola in Late August, just for fun. I dont know how the roads are... but if someone done it before, can you tell me how the roads are like?? im going with a 08 accord, and a lowered RSX.
Maybe the lowered rsx wouldnt be a good choice, because there might be some rough pavement or something like that..~~~

but i like ur loop man~ i will definitely try it and comment on it =)

I have done the 'loop' many, many times and the road between Pemberton and Lillooet has gotten much, much worse over the last two winters; while the road between Lillooet and Lytton has gotten better.

I've never done these drives in anything other than FWD cars. Simply becasue I've never owned a RWD car but both the cars (Silver 2000 Neon/Red 2002 Protege5) I've owned have had suspension work done and were absolutely wicked to drive on roads such as these. (Ask the Neon Club and J-Body Club - Went on outing 2gether)

Another variation of the loop is to go to Spences Bridge then Merrit to Princeton and follow the #3 HWY back to HOPE, then take the 7 all the way back into town.

Close by...(in/near maple Ridge to Mission) Dewndney Trunk Road to Richard's Avenue to Doyle Street to Stave Lake Street to Dale Road to Sylvester Road to #7.

Tons of scenic roads in BC. Pretty much any secondary road heading North toward Jasper or East along the border to the Hot Springs, then north to Banff and Jasper.

Along the #3 to 97 North to #1 is wicked. #1 to Revelstoke, then taking the 23 South to the Galena Bay Ferry and continuing South to Nakusp and continuing to Creston and E to Cranbrook...SO MANY ROADS!!!!

Another nice Scenic drive is the Cascade Loop in Washington. Done that twice.

Have driven up, north to Dawson then East to Grand Rapids and South to Jasper and Banff, then West along #3.

I'm starting to miss my single-with-no-kids-days...can't wait or the kids to be old enough to handle a long drive...

For Honeymoon, drove to Mexico...now that was a scenic drive...

East to AB, South through Montana, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, Mexico, California, Mexico, California (Gold Coast HWY 1/101, Oregon Coast HWY 101, Washington, BC.

As for those of you wo as for something local...risk going out there, seeing more than Vancouver, Richmond and/or the Lower Mainland. It is worth it.

bootymac 09-02-2008 12:10 AM

xing 09-03-2008 08:45 PM

river road in rmd

slvr04rsx 09-07-2008 03:30 PM

Sunnybrae-Canoe Pt. Road - about 15-20mins west of Salmon Arm on HWY 1. Probably one of the most fun/UNPATROLED stretches of road I know. tons of quick winding turns with a great view of Shuswap Lake the whole way down!

Soundy 09-07-2008 04:14 PM

If you have a day, the Sea-to-Sky - Duffy Lake - Fraser Canyon circle trip is awesome! Head up to Whistler, on to Pemberton, through to Lillooet, over to Cache Creek, and back down the Canyon to Hope... or in the reverse direction, if you prefer. Lots of amazing views, varied conditions - from open freeway to narrow winding second-gear stuff - and it brings you right back where you started from.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sadd...62&ie=UTF8&z=7

Edit: ah, I see someone's already posted this loop... but instead of going Lillooet-Lytton, go across to Cache Creek through Marble Canyon. The stretch back down the Thompson River from CC to Lytton is some great driving, too - you go from two wide, fast lanes, around a bend, into a super narrow, winding stretch hugging the cliffs.

Soundy 09-07-2008 04:21 PM

Oh, and if you have a long weekend to spend on it, try the BIG loop: up Whistler - Pembie - Lillooet - Cache Creek, but then then head north up Hwy. 97 to Prince George. From there, come back down the Yellowhead through Tete Jaune Cache, Valemount, Kamloops, and back down the Coquihalla home.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sadd...95&ie=UTF8&z=6

Island_Yota 09-14-2008 05:12 PM

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en...,0.055275&z=14

Fun little loop in my area, I go South on the hwy, turn right onto Millbay road, fly up past the School and Kerry Park arena, hard right onto Cameron Taggart which is uphill and a hairpin(get good and sideways), go through past all the farms(sprinklers make the road wet in spots which can be fun) lots of elevation change, twisty road a bridge.. then hairpin right onto Lovers lane, across Cobble Hill rd turns into Chapman which is really narrow and twisty.. back onto the hwy and home.

dustinb 10-06-2008 11:27 AM

My vote goes for the 97C between Ashcroft and Merrit. Pretty much deserted, awesome corners, good scenery.

RedDragoon16 10-16-2008 08:11 AM

hwy 1# from surrey exit to Vancouver at 0300-0400 in the morning..
I find it fun cruising at 140 - 150 km/hr

:)

icanpolish 11-04-2008 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xing (Post 6014832)
river road in rmd

Strange... I like River Road as well.

TigerSY 01-24-2009 11:00 AM

Anyone here familiar with the mountain roads at Miracle Valley near Mission? I got lost and wound up there a month or so back... but can't seem to find it again. (Was extremely foggy that night) I wound up on Sylvester Road after and am too dumbfounded to reverse track it.

OT, but I expected Presto to be a white guy in his mid 30's.

Nick... 02-22-2009 01:44 PM

me and a couple of my friends are in grade 12 at burnaby mountain and when we dont go to class we hit up "Barnet Highway" in port moody and we do a few runs up and down it lol nice turns and nice open straights and the road is in solid shape
good times ;)

neverfastenough 03-27-2009 09:12 AM

bby mountain is good for street biking, random road in maple ridge 112 ave, get off dewdney at 256st or 240st then go to 112ave and its a fun windy up and down road that cars really never drive on, its good for night or for day time

ChaosAura 04-16-2009 10:04 PM

North end of 264th and 272nd south of the River in Aldergrove have a couple nice sections on them, and aren't all that well traveled. Other then that, out in Chilliwack there's Old Orchard Road, which turns into Chilliwack Mountain Road I think. You've gotta watch this route though, as there are houses backing right onto it.

Mister Donut 05-05-2009 11:44 AM

#3 rd in Richmond, or maybe Hazelbridge way.....haha, just kidding. Seriously though, Sea-to-Sky Highway and the little straight patch leading up to the Twassen (SP?) ferry terminals....you can really get a good top-speed run there.......but honestly, there's a lot of great roads out there......as long as it's before 0600.

Raid3n 05-05-2009 12:03 PM

^dude... thats horseshoe bay..... tsawwassen is south of richmond....nowhere near the sea-to-sky....

Mister Donut 05-05-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raid3n (Post 6410681)
^dude... thats horseshoe bay..... tsawwassen is south of richmond....nowhere near the sea-to-sky....

Sorry....should have put "and" instead of ","

Overseas Auto1 05-05-2009 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerSY (Post 6242969)
Anyone here familiar with the mountain roads at Miracle Valley near Mission? I got lost and wound up there a month or so back... but can't seem to find it again. (Was extremely foggy that night) I wound up on Sylvester Road after and am too dumbfounded to reverse track it.

OT, but I expected Presto to be a white guy in his mid 30's.

you want to go back to Sylvester Road? It is about 15km east of Mission on Highway 7.

if you want to make a good day trip on some awesome roads, do the loop from North Vancouver, Horseshoe Bay, Squamish, Whistler, Pemberton, Mt Currie, Lillooet via Highway 99, then, south to Lytton, Boston Bar, turn on highway 7 before Hope, then the north side of the Fraser, to Agassiz, Mission, Maple Ridge, then to where ever your home is.

shenmecar 07-22-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overseas Auto1 (Post 6410693)
you want to go back to Sylvester Road? It is about 15km east of Mission on Highway 7.

if you want to make a good day trip on some awesome roads, do the loop from North Vancouver, Horseshoe Bay, Squamish, Whistler, Pemberton, Mt Currie, Lillooet via Highway 99, then, south to Lytton, Boston Bar, turn on highway 7 before Hope, then the north side of the Fraser, to Agassiz, Mission, Maple Ridge, then to where ever your home is.

I should do that this weekend!! =D

hc529 08-06-2009 06:47 PM

I"ve done this little loop before

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sourc...7&ie=UTF8&z=12

Also this one

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sourc...,0.617294&z=11

Also this one

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sourc...9&ie=UTF8&z=10

Most of these were done within 7-9hours.

I might hit up Sylvester Road in Mission this weekend

RallyGTS 08-10-2009 09:29 PM

Wow, a lot of cool roads mentioned, some that we will be using in TCW next year. How would you like to LEGALLY drive these roads and others like them as fast as you can? (Based on driver skill and car safety prep) Interested?

TCW Team

46_valentinor 08-12-2009 06:53 PM

wow i never knew there were this many good roads here, i wish i saw this thread when i still had my bike...=.= Anyways whos interested in going for a cruise to tofino or princeton this month!?!?

Senna4ever 09-06-2009 09:13 PM

I'm in Princeton now...gonna go explore the old abandoned mining towns early tomorrow, then drive up Coalmont Road and head to Spences Bridge and check out more ghost towns in that area. :)

Kaito1412 10-08-2009 11:14 PM

1) Highway 91 North Bound
2) Highway 99 near Seattle

Senna4ever 10-08-2009 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaito1412 (Post 6627833)
1) Highway 91 North Bound
2) Highway 99 near Seattle

You mean I5 near Seattle?