REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   What's the last movie you saw and rate it... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/513888-whats-last-movie-you-saw-rate.html)

SkinnyPupp 07-31-2019 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Money (Post 8955361)
once upon a time in hollywood - 9/10.

that ending was funny as hell,nobody in the theater didn't laugh.
tons of plot twists,it keeps making you guess what is going to happen.

glad i didn't hear any spoilers and the previews really didn't the entire story..

OMG it's out already? I hadn't been looking forward to a movie that much in years, but kind of forgot about it with all the shit going on in HK WutFace

ilovebacon 07-31-2019 01:52 PM

men in black 2019: 6\10

feels like there were more action than a story

6793026 08-06-2019 11:49 PM

https://d3ilqtpdwi981i.cloudfront.ne...169e3/file.jpg
super good movie.

黃秋生 did an amazing job. He is truly an amazing actor perfectly fit for the role; he took a huge pay cut and sort of volunteered to do this movie.

Movie was written to fully paint a picture for the Philippino's life as a maid in Hong Kong. Eg// language barrier, abusive employers, taken advantaged of in their day to day life etc.

Very awesome story with just amazing acting. Seeing two people lives changing based on their situation and a positive movie. Super touching.. great moments of onions in and out of the movie all because of great acting with a good cast.
9/10

Tim Budong 08-11-2019 05:55 AM

Weathering with You

I liked the movie, its got that fantasy drama aspect to it. its not as great as Your Name, but still a very good film.

the soundtrack tho is great!

6793026 08-17-2019 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Money (Post 8955361)
once upon a time in hollywood - 9/10.

that ending was funny as hell,nobody in the theater didn't laugh.
tons of plot twists,it keeps making you guess what is going to happen.

glad i didn't hear any spoilers and the previews really didn't the entire story..

Holy falk. I thought the script was a bit crappy; Robbie was totally under used. I understand they had every right to write the script / plot all they want, man it was a slow ass ride until the last 20 minutes...

Yes the ending was a solid one but it was a long ass 2 + hr movie.

I couldn't recommend this to anyone as it's not something I would even want to rewatch again.

If anyone is old like me and is a movie buff, you would know recognize the names Roman Polanski, Sharon Tate etc.

cdizzle 08-17-2019 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 8955964)
super good movie.

黃秋生 did an amazing job. He is truly an amazing actor perfectly fit for the role; he took a huge pay cut and sort of volunteered to do this movie.

Movie was written to fully paint a picture for the Philippino's life as a maid in Hong Kong. Eg// language barrier, abusive employers, taken advantaged of in their day to day life etc.

Very awesome story with just amazing acting. Seeing two people lives changing based on their situation and a positive movie. Super touching.. great moments of onions in and out of the movie all because of great acting with a good cast.
9/10

watched this with my wife the other day, great recommendation!

6793026 08-17-2019 11:56 PM

作家的謊言: 筆忠誘罪
Deception of The Novelist
https://d1k5w7mbrh6vq5.cloudfront.ne...00f78ef043.jpg
i think this pic is enough ... hahahah
1/2 half is flirting / cheating, last 1/2 is crime / mystery... in any movie, there will always be holes in the plot but whatever.
it's not just a sexy girl and 50 shades of grey movie, but it's the freaking twists /guesses all the way thru. Ending was decently written. worth the watch for sure. 8/10

Preview might help convince you ahahahah. Cantonese movie + english sub.

white rocket 08-19-2019 11:52 AM

Longshot 8/10 - WAY funnier than I thought it was going to be. Seth and Charlize has amazing chemistry. Good story, good writing. A few parts had me rolling on the ground laughing. Great date movie.

6793026 08-26-2019 07:38 AM

https://asianfilmstrike.files.wordpr...2561172733.jpg
finally got a chance to watch this cantonese version.

super legit cast (even if you cut out Louis & Andy), from female lead to all the b/c/d list actors.. all were decent and recognizable. Action was well done because the director got some experience from previous movies (Shockwave etc.)

They did build the entire central MTR station so they can film a car chase. I thought it was decent and thanks to Andy Lau to being the supporter of it since in Shockwave, they built a 1:1 HK tunnel.

I like the triad story lines but obviously these have been filmed to death, and this movie does a diff take of things.

All in all, not a bad movie, 8/10.

6793026 08-31-2019 04:50 PM

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/...xOTA@._V1_.jpg

THIS MOVIE IS FUCKEEEDDDDDD UPPP.. Can't even place it in any genre: funny, suspense and dark which is why it won Cannes Festival 2019 (1st korean film to win)
VERY weird trip + crazy gripping script + suspense to odds and end.
Director was the guy who wrote the script (also directed The Host & Okja (Tilda Swinton was in it / on Netflix)

You can watch the trailer, but FUCKKK me, it's only 10% of what the movie is about and 90% of the shit you can't even explain. The dark /comedy style is similar to the Coen brother but the formula / script / is linear, Parasite's will take you to a totally different dimension (not fantasy wise).

If you are seeking a good script + dark comedy + unexpected twists +jumping between genre and a hell of a ride, you gotta watch this. I have yet watch a film that's so weird like this 9.5 /10

pastarocket 09-02-2019 01:41 PM

Spiderman: Far From Home.

8/10.

rsx 09-04-2019 05:50 PM

Still Human - 5/10 The acting by the filipino actress was atrocious. Suggest you watch The Intouchables instead. Still Human pretty much copied the overall theme and even copied a scene.

6793026 09-05-2019 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsx (Post 8959098)
Still Human - 5/10 The acting by the filipino actress was atrocious. Suggest you watch The Intouchables instead. Still Human pretty much copied the overall theme and even copied a scene.

didn't they make a freaking similar movie called the Upside with K Hart?

Just watched Intouchables, it wasn't a bad movie, I just didn't think it was great even though it was a true story.
Still human: real life situations which could happen from the flipino side as well as the main character. Intouchables: I wouldn't come to comprehend the vast fortune the guy had. All in all, good watch. Maybe I'll watch The upside and compare all 3.

importantLS 09-06-2019 10:43 AM

Watched it on the plane almost bawlled hahahah thanks for posting this otherwise I would not have watched this

importantLS 09-06-2019 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 8955964)
super good movie.

9/10

Woops meant to reply to this

rsx 09-06-2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 8959160)
didn't they make a freaking similar movie called the Upside with K Hart?

Just watched Intouchables, it wasn't a bad movie, I just didn't think it was great even though it was a true story.
Still human: real life situations which could happen from the flipino side as well as the main character. Intouchables: I wouldn't come to comprehend the vast fortune the guy had. All in all, good watch. Maybe I'll watch The upside and compare all 3.

Yup, as far as I know, The Upside is the American remake.

Mr.Money 09-14-2019 11:32 AM

"IT: chapter 2" ...6/10.

unless you're a huge fan of the series,it was okay but nothing really innovative or truly scared of whats happening in this horror movie,it felt just like the first one as in a copy....watch a clown transform into things...done!.

Jmac 09-14-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Money (Post 8959915)
"IT: chapter 2" ...6/10.

unless you're a huge fan of the series,it was okay but nothing really innovative or truly scared of whats happening in this horror movie,it felt just like the first one as in a copy....watch a clown transform into things...done!.

The humour was definitely better than the horror, which isn't good if it's a horror movie.

Spoon 09-14-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 8958127)
https://asianfilmstrike.files.wordpr...2561172733.jpg
finally got a chance to watch this cantonese version.

super legit cast (even if you cut out Louis & Andy), from female lead to all the b/c/d list actors.. all were decent and recognizable. Action was well done because the director got some experience from previous movies (Shockwave etc.)

They did build the entire central MTR station so they can film a car chase. I thought it was decent and thanks to Andy Lau to being the supporter of it since in Shockwave, they built a 1:1 HK tunnel.

I like the triad story lines but obviously these have been filmed to death, and this movie does a diff take of things.

All in all, not a bad movie, 8/10.

Like most HK films, story was good up until the end. The car chase scene was unnecessary. I rather they use that budget and put that towards writing a better script for the last quarter of the movie. FailFish

hi-revs 09-14-2019 03:42 PM

^^where can I watch this????

6793026 09-15-2019 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi-revs (Post 8959925)
^^where can I watch this????

PM-ed you

6793026 09-15-2019 10:06 PM

https://media.services.cinergy.ch/me...83277a86fc.jpg

Danny Boyle movie, need I say more?
Richard Curtis was the writer for Love Actually, Notting hill, Bridget Jones, About Time and now this movie.

It has its funny moments and shadows are the movies about. I loved the main character, Himesh Patel, thought he did a decent job. Lily James was ok for me, I couldn't shake her off from Baby Driver.

Story didn't really flow too well at the end, didn't end in an amazing WOW moment like Notting hill. It had a similar conclusion like About Time.

The songs were great and the story did a great start, jsut had a softer ending.

7.5/10

Summary: musician gets hit by a car during a global blackout for 15 seconds; the world doesn't know who The Beatles are. As he's a musician, he sings all these Beatles songs and becomes famous.
Wouldn't suggesty watching the trailer as it's like 1/2 the movie.

importantLS 09-16-2019 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 8960000)
PM-ed you

PM me too please!

Gumby 09-16-2019 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 8960000)
PM-ed you

Me three! :)

Slifer 09-16-2019 03:08 PM

^#MeToo