REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   What's the last movie you saw and rate it... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/513888-whats-last-movie-you-saw-rate.html)

Chii 02-23-2019 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Money (Post 8939684)
"the wandering earth" 2019- 8/10

sci fi move out of china,1hr in and everything seems decent,the CGI,action,story telling.....couple of wtf cheesy acting parts but i think Asia movies are known by that on western standards of Comedy,couple of heart tug scenes.

Oh? I didn't realize it's out already....where did you watch it?

Kamui712 02-23-2019 06:30 PM

Alita 7/10

Mr.Money 02-23-2019 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chii (Post 8940537)
Oh? I didn't realize it's out already....where did you watch it?

torrent...the bay....some expert legit telesyc'd the entire film...aka got the film reel and put it in a scanning machine....its pretty close to dvdrip IMO.

ime2006 02-24-2019 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Money (Post 8940554)
torrent...the bay....some expert legit telesyc'd the entire film...aka got the film reel and put it in a scanning machine....its pretty close to dvdrip IMO.

Its called Screener.
it was very popular in pirated movie world ages ago.

whitev70r 02-24-2019 07:25 PM

Anybody see the Oscar Nominees for best movie .. if so, your thoughts?

Bohemian Rhapsody
The Favourite
Green Book
BlackKKKlansman
Black Panther ... well, probably everyone saw this one, no need to comment.
Vice
Star is Born
Roma

SkinnyPupp 02-24-2019 08:02 PM

I haven't seen them all, but Black Panther does not belong there EleGiggle

If any action hero movie was going to be nominated for Best Picture, it should have been Spiderverse.

HonestTea 02-24-2019 09:09 PM

The Green Book

10/10 - Gives you a very heartwarming feeling

6793026 02-25-2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitev70r (Post 8940605)
Anybody see the Oscar Nominees for best movie .. if so, your thoughts?

Bohemian Rhapsody
The Favourite
Green Book
BlackKKKlansman
Black Panther ... well, probably everyone saw this one, no need to comment.
Vice
Star is Born
Roma

Greenbook was worthy, very good happy go lucky film, did a post last page.
Star is Born was good, I didn't think it was that epic, but well deserved in its category
Roma will take me sometime as you gotta sit down for the entire sitting.
KKK was NOT that epic at all. It had a great premise and I thought it was more like a comedy more than anything.

Rest I'm still up in the air to see what I want to see first.

SkinnyPupp 02-25-2019 03:50 PM

Bohemian Rhapsody 6/10

It was OK... Just seemed kind of... censored and heavily controlled, probably by the band.

JSALES 02-26-2019 06:42 PM

Alita: Battle Angel

8/10

Pretty good

mikemhg 02-27-2019 02:02 PM

Vice 9/10 really enjoyed the film, I recommend anyone to watch it

6793026 02-27-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by white rocket (Post 8938085)

Polar (Netflix movie) 8/10 - The Equalizer(sort of) with a Two Smoking Aces vibe. Lots of shoot ups, decent plot, decent acting. Went in with zero expectations and left feeling satisfied.

holy crap, i watched it and thought it was junk. Sorry, maybe we have different taste in film but man i didn't think it was worthy at all. I checked rotten tomatoes and wondering if my views were wrong and it has been getting really poor reviews.

Vansterdam 02-27-2019 09:09 PM

lego movie 2 5/10

everything is not awesome

6793026 02-27-2019 09:54 PM

roma 6/10
seriously,.... what? 2hr 15min. wasn't that epic. yes it's black and white, director / co wrote / edited blah blah blah.
Acting was the best; story line wasn't even worthy, 1970s setting was ok but all in all, i did to enjoy it. I do understand it's never goign to be hollywood happy go lucky but man it was not at all interesting.

yes the use of black and white and how it pans the camera left to right and right to left at every angle was unqiue but not worthy ofbest picture of foreign film

604STIG 02-28-2019 11:43 AM

Bohemian Rhapsody 7/10

white rocket 03-01-2019 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 8940884)
holy crap, i watched it and thought it was junk. Sorry, maybe we have different taste in film but man i didn't think it was worthy at all. I checked rotten tomatoes and wondering if my views were wrong and it has been getting really poor reviews.

I definitely went into it thinking it was going to be shit and I was just looking to kill time. I certainly wasn't waiting on it with any sort of anticipation. I tend to go into most of these types of unknown movies with a very low expectation and this one just happen to pleasantly surprise me with it's action and shoot-em-up scenes. I guess if you are comparing it to a great movie then it should have received a 4 or 5 tops. With so many shit movies nowadays it seems that if a movie doesn't suck shit it's pretty much an 8 or up. Lol!

6793026 03-01-2019 08:25 PM

The Vice

movie about Dick Cheney: acting was good, the way they made the movie so that it wasn't boring as fuck was pretty good. Bale did an amazing job, the makeup was also well done for Steve Carell Amy Adams and sam rockwell (as bush) was really really good.

it is totally a different take on things. 7/10

Bohemian Rhapsody – 9/10
they kept it fast pace; acting was great, the score was of course amazing. well worth the watch, the only reason why its 9/10 is for those who might not have heard of the song or like the genre might not like the film. which is also why i under why it didn't win the ocars.

6793026 03-02-2019 07:05 PM

Can you ever forgive me. 9/10 (if you want to watch the movie, don't watch the trailer)
what a great film, based on a true story. it is NOT a comedy, so it's Melissa McCarthy's full blown series drama. she did extremely well.
supporting male lead Richard E. Grant was also extremely well done.

writer who is old and lonely starts to forge people's letters and sold them for profit.(famous writers back in 1930-1950s etc)

StylinRed 03-06-2019 04:49 AM

Alita ehhh it was ok, hyped a tad much, not bad 7/10 saw it in 4DX but the 4DX wasn't engrossing like it was for Crimes of Grindlewald.. Seemed more like an afterthought

Captain Marvel, saw it last night, lots of cheese, was a bit dull, and Brie Larson seemed uncomfortable a lot of times... �� Like she had to poop but couldn't take a break from shooting her scenes, made the scenes seem a bit forced
It was enjoyable tho! 6/10

roastpuff 03-06-2019 10:04 AM

Alita 7/10

Action scenes looked great, good James Cameron 3D/action sequences. Plot was kinda ok, really compressed and definitely made for setting up sequels. Not enough character development.

Tim Budong 03-06-2019 06:37 PM

Capt Marvel
The music is fantastic, its not too 90s heavy that viewers get lost, but it's there. No more from me until movie is released everywhere

Im fucking hyped for Endgame now

6793026 03-07-2019 08:53 AM

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse 8/10
it was solid entertaining movie for those who knows the spiderman movie eg mom and dads and young kids might be to complicated for them.

music and graphics were all great, some good humor on it. I thought to myself 1/2 way into the movie why this had to be a cartoon and can't be a real life movie and then I realized towards the end, all these spider verse shit was getting overly crazy and CGI was the only way to do it at the end scenes.

It was a hip movie thrown into a pot which turned out to be awesome.

lastly, the end credit scene was EPICCCCCCCCCC

320icar 03-07-2019 12:25 PM

So on Netflix they put the Bourne movies up. My backs out so I’ve been watching random shit. Just watched the 3 original and they’re good as always. I’m now watching the Bourne Legacy. I’m around 35 minutes in and this movie is an utter train wreck. Completely different feel compared to the other movies and a weird ass science fiction plot?? In the first 10 minutes there’s about 30 difference scenes. Couldn’t even wait for it to finish to post my confusion on here

Update: they just used the classic plug in ‘vase Shattering’ noise!! This movie has now entered shlock

CivicBlues 03-07-2019 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8941769)
So on Netflix they put the Bourne movies up. My backs out so I’ve been watching random shit. Just watched the 3 original and they’re good as always. I’m now watching the Bourne Legacy. I’m around 35 minutes in and this movie is an utter train wreck. Completely different feel compared to the other movies and a weird ass science fiction plot?? In the first 10 minutes there’s about 30 difference scenes. Couldn’t even wait for it to finish to post my confusion on here

Update: they just used the classic plug in ‘vase Shattering’ noise!! This movie has now entered shlock

If I were you I'd skip Jason Bourne as well. They should have just left it at Ultimatum

6793026 03-07-2019 09:17 PM

captain Marvel. sorry I gotta say it was meh at best.

I just don't really like Brie Larson acting serious roles. I do think she is pretty, her smile is great and as it comes to serious acting, she just has her motionless look. From Room to Kong Island to this one... couldn't take her seriously.

Wonder women versus Captain Marvel... hands down Wonder women. I didn't like the script not the story line at all. There were a few jokes here and there and they did go back to the 90s era with tid bit of sound tracks.

6/10. I nodded off twice to be honest. Lastly, there are 2 ending scenes. one 1/2 way and one at the very end.