REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   What's the last movie you saw and rate it... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/513888-whats-last-movie-you-saw-rate.html)

winson604 03-27-2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nlkko (Post 8943902)
Man love me some Stephen Chow movies. Always hilarious.

Still re-watch the old shit till this day it's classic it's too bad the last few were so wack.

It's so weird to see Uncle Tat in some random show/movies in the last couple years and also in a non comedic setting. I will always associate him with comedy and always with Chow with him.

nabs 03-27-2019 01:12 PM

Us

8/10 - Very original, not a "horror" flick per say, I liked the story line. Underlying story mixed with humor.

Mr.HappySilp 03-28-2019 09:37 AM

Going to watch it in the opening weekend. The last few film in this series are pretty good.

6793026 03-28-2019 10:14 PM

^ the last one S storm was NOT good at all. what wasn't good was the editing. There was no tension at all which is critical when it comes to police chasing the bad guy. Took a few of us a while to figure out what seemed to be wrong with the movie.

Speed2K 03-29-2019 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 8944044)
^ the last one S storm was NOT good at all. what wasn't good was the editing. There was no tension at all which is critical when it comes to police chasing the bad guy. Took a few of us a while to figure out what seemed to be wrong with the movie.

Maybe your expectations for a HK movie is too high! :badpokerface:

I didn't even realize that this was a series. The last movie was actually L Storm, and I thought it was alright.

Mr.Money 03-29-2019 10:45 PM

captain Marvel 6.5/10

felt like i was watching super women,the non-stop destroying was so boring that was absolutely nothing new because you saw "unstoppable heros" too many times but a simple re-hash to me story wise,i see why other people said they almost fell asleep to this because its so predictable whats gonna happen next in matter of seconds....Yes its an action movie but can you at least make it a close call once and awhile?...God mode fighting has being very cliche lately.

i was reading some people even mentioned the cat as memorable....what the fuck?,does "sabrina the teenage witch" also entertain you?,to me that scene was crap because its such an easy exit while their getting away,they could've being holding a parrot and did the same thing it would've made the same sense that did when i witnessed it :fuckthatshit:

the only thing that made this movie worth while was when you found out how nick fury lost his eye and the connection to "End game" in the post credit scenes,i don't think this movie has any real entertaining content to watch it more than once it felt dull.

rageguy 04-01-2019 12:24 PM

Just heard from my friend that Extreme Job, a Korean movie is doing really well. As per Wikipedia:

Quote:

According to statistics released by the Korean Film Council on February 18, Extreme Job has set a new record for a second-most-watched film in Korea of all time, coming in at 14,536,378. It is now second place behind The Admiral: Roaring Currents which still reigns on top with 17.61 million moviegoers in total. Also, it has become the highest-grossing film of all time in South Korea (unadjusted)

SkinnyPupp 04-01-2019 07:48 PM

Bumblebee 7/10

You guys were right! It was a pretty good movie for "this kind of movie" and had me entertained throughout. I liked the setting and soundtrack. It had a very E.T. like vibe which I enjoyed. The action was dumb and made little sense, but unlike Aquaman, the entire movie wasn't composed of shitty CG fighting. Just a bit here and there. Good time to munch on popcorn and make another cocktail SeemsGood Also I knew I recognized the lead actress, and turns out it was Mattie from True Grit. She's awesome!

Pretty good reboot for the series.

Anyone else looking forward to the Hasbro Cinematic Universe? Bring on the GI Joe reboot! And Dungeons & Dragons! Unfortunately I think MASK got canceled FeelsBadMan

white rocket 04-04-2019 09:10 AM

The Equalizer 2 - 7/10 - I really liked it. Story was whatever but workable. Denzel playing his stoic savage character is worth the watch alone. He just destroys everyone. It's borderline ridiculous yet funny to watch when opposers act tough, then see Denzel in action, and then realize they fucked up and are in for a world of hurt.

Tegra_Devil 04-20-2019 10:14 PM

Glass 8.5/10

I loved it, dont know why there is so much hate for it from critics.

Tim Budong 04-24-2019 08:31 PM

ENDGAME

No score.. wont score it
i cried

hyek 04-26-2019 01:24 AM

END GAME

it was beautiful

gilly 04-26-2019 07:23 AM

END GAME

A masterpiece

fsy82 04-26-2019 09:25 AM

END GAME

Absolutely brilliant!

PiuYi 04-26-2019 02:05 PM

END GAME 8.8/10

actually liked infinity war and ragnarok better :wiggle:

Bender Unit 04-26-2019 05:13 PM

End Game

I cried :alone:

6793026 04-26-2019 07:25 PM

Nothing like seeing theatre full of men with wet eyes ahhahahahah
There were A LOT of kid skipping school just to watch the 10;30 AM..

I thought it was a decent ending. I did watch a recap so that helped to put all pieces together. Tons and tons of cameos so it was just really weird when 1/2 way in the movie, I was like.. who is she / he again?

-What you THINK it will happen in the movie is probably not true so I'm really happy to see there were no spoilers all over the internet.
-There were some jokes, nothing too over the top so I liked how they tied it all in together.
-A lot of history involved in this, you'll see some old characters (as in all) so it was nice to see it tie all in together.
-Not sure but maybe this is Stan Lee's last cameo?
-1/2 half was a bit slow and I was pretty happy it wasn't all CGI fighting like infinity war so great job on the script combining everything into one.
-Have to say it did end off really well, it could easily be an easy cop out with "happily ever after hollywood ending with ______*insert strongest superhero kicking Thano's ass". -Glad they really worked the script well to tie it all in at the end.
9/10

SkinnyPupp 04-26-2019 08:36 PM

I haven't seen End Game yet, but I am going to put my prediction here.

Spoiler!

I'll find out if I was right on Monday

Please don't reply until I do LUL

Mr.Money 04-27-2019 09:40 AM

Stan Lee filmed insane amounts of cameo ahead of time i've heard in news reports,even before he had any health problems that came fast because he knew he was so old.

Tegra_Devil 04-28-2019 10:21 AM

end game...excellent.

HonestTea 04-28-2019 11:28 AM

Endgame

Very nice ending

Mr.Money 04-28-2019 12:05 PM

end game - 8/10.

it's what i wanted in a marvel movie with few extra surprises along the way,nobody's all hot shit unstoppable (kinda) and it actually becomes some what realistic because of that,finally some decent writing for a marvel movie after being bored with the others...out of the entire avenger series it has be the best one. PogChamp

entirely happy i watched this film with no spoilers so i was waiting for that ending.

Vansterdam 04-28-2019 03:52 PM

End Game - 9/10

so many feels

solid movie

hella trolls online trying to spoil it I suggest you see it asap or lay off social media lol

even had 2 lil kids almost ruin it for me in the washroom like what the fuck

SkinnyPupp 04-29-2019 01:43 AM

End game was pretty good, just a nice wrap up to the insanely long build. They finally seemed to get the huge battle right, just feature one or two heroes at a time. You don't need to show how crazy it is, we already know.

And sure enough, I called the end LUL

Anyone stay for the post credit... thing? I wonder what it's hinting at

6793026 04-29-2019 07:19 AM

http://chinafilminsider.com/wp-conte...2541240741.jpg
stephen chow's new movie; he did a remake of The king of comedy.

People gave him shit for "remaking" a classic.

An amazing movie, female lead is really a super strong good actress with great emotions and depth; being a plain jane "extra" trying to be an actress (La La Land at least had auditions) Stephen Chow just re-did this in a girl version. (he wasn't in the film)

https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w300/stiS...5hhRqhChtm.jpg
The part that did it for me was Baoqiang Wang; he is used to playing a super sad, sub-urban, bad luck kind of guy; in fact, all of his movies are like that.
In this movie, he is playing a really snobby yet extremely bad actor. He played the part perfectly and surprisingly well.
One of the best part was him trying to speak english was highlight of the movie.
"Thousand wrong ten thousand wrong .My meat wrong.You negative heart people.
千错万错都是我肉体的错。你这个负心人。"... couldn't stop laughing cause it was just lost in translations
Think of it as Tom Cruise playing the investor in Tropic Thunder.

Cecilia Cheung did the cantonese voice portion which just ruined it; so do please watch it in mandarin.
China really didn't want his movie to do well and really limited the release; his movie really didn't do well this time.
8/10 I thought it was great,i expected zero jokes so it came at a surprise. Acting was actually good AND it didn't have a huge stupid Stephen Chow moment trying to force a wtf ending that doesn't make sense.