REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   What's the last movie you saw and rate it... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/513888-whats-last-movie-you-saw-rate.html)

fliptuner 06-09-2019 10:05 AM

Just watched the trailer. I'm intrigued. Thanks!

white rocket 06-10-2019 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punkwax (Post 8950230)
Mid90’s - insane how much old skate clothing I recognized from back in the day. Great soundtrack, solid watch. Some intense moments. Looking back the 90’s were pretty brutal in terms of how people spoke and acted toward each other.

8.5/10

Just saw it. Felt the same. The cinematography had a great 90'd vibe. Nostalgia was on point. So many memory reference points for me. Loved that era. Albeit, looking back makes it look like such a sloppy, messy, baggy decade. Lol!

Spoiler!

Jmac 06-10-2019 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by white rocket (Post 8950368)
Just saw it. Felt the same. The cinematography had a great 90'd vibe. Nostalgia was on point. So many memory reference points for me. Loved that era. Albeit, looking back makes it look like such a sloppy, messy, baggy decade. Lol!

Spoiler!

Grunge and gangsta rap. What's not to love?

Bender Unit 06-10-2019 11:37 PM

X-Men: Dark Phoenix 2/10

Way to finish it, Fox
Whoever wrote the story should be fire.
movie script was complete shit
Characters looks awkward.
Magneto, Professor X, Mystique...etc all act out of place.
Can't wait for Mavel Studio take over and full reboot.

rsx 06-10-2019 11:40 PM

I am Mother - 8/10

Surprisingly good

SkinnyPupp 06-11-2019 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punkwax (Post 8950230)
Mid90’s - insane how much old skate clothing I recognized from back in the day. Great soundtrack, solid watch. Some intense moments. Looking back the 90’s were pretty brutal in terms of how people spoke and acted toward each other.

8.5/10

Where's this movie?

punkwax 06-11-2019 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8950375)
Where's this movie?

Netflix.

Mr.Money 06-11-2019 07:37 AM

X-Men: Dark Phoenix 5/10

their milking the whole jr x-men series far too long(its hoping you fell in love with the original xmen cast long enough to watch this B grade Copy),this latest one is forgettable,the action scenes on certain parts don't make sense

there's apart where their all getting taken down by the army that didn't make sense at all with the mutant powers they have..somehow they turned defenseless to be captured.

i felt the script wasn't good with plain story telling,it was predictable,nothing really kept you hyped or made you laugh..i'm starting to get bored of these actors,glad i didn't pay to watch this.

320icar 06-18-2019 01:27 PM

Finally watched endgame with the wife. For a 3 hour movie on a subject matter I don’t care too much for, probably 9/10

Also watching mission impossible: fallout as we speak. Story is a little weird but the action and direction is fantastic. Feels way more like the original Bourne movie. A great movie to eat with dinner on the couch

SkinnyPupp 06-18-2019 05:14 PM

Always be my Maybe was pretty funny. Typical romcom schlock, but not offensively so. Keanu was hilarious. Ali's dad was hilarious

The new thing in comedies seems to be characters that are complete fucking morons, just to get a punchline out of them. Like, almost to the point where it seems they have brain damage or severe retardation. Then later in the movie, they're just a normal character. There were a couple times where that happened in this movie, and I have been noticing it in comedies more lately. I don't get it.

6793026 06-23-2019 07:45 AM

anyone watch toy story 4 yet?

J-Chow 06-24-2019 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 8951699)
anyone watch toy story 4 yet?

Watched it few days ago with the kids.

I'd give it 8.5/10, without spoiling anything, it was pretty good. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Very touchy ending I'd say. My 5 year son watched the whole thing while my 4 year old daughter lost interest in some parts.

Presto 06-24-2019 10:22 AM

Toy Story 4 was a great watch.

I think I liked it more than 3. I did not know that Keanu Reeves was in it until the credits rolled. He did a great job.

8/10

HonestTea 06-25-2019 08:58 PM

Toy Story 4 :tears::tears::tears:

Hondaracer 06-26-2019 06:59 PM

I found mid 90’s to be a pretty awkward movie with no real plot but I guess that was the point. Did have dem 90’s vibes though

Tim Budong 06-27-2019 06:22 PM

Spiderman Far From Home
Loved it
fitting way to end P3

6793026 07-08-2019 07:15 AM

Spiderman Far From Home.
I did like Jake's character and the story line; but having like millions of drones as technology was like wtf.... it became super high tech and the scene with him battling them all was a joke.
Did like how it went back to the roots of him being a kid and how it interconnect with Avengers. I still like the previous Spiderman (#1 of this series) better. 7/10

toy story 4 this was legit. I am happy they bought back different characters and really leveraged different aspect of the cast. Obviously, there are TONS of characters and this time they really ignored a few key ones from 3 which i thought was really good / change of pace. Wasn't as an emotional tear jerker because it played on a different string. Story line was solid; the villi/n in this was like wtf scary. I couldn't recommend this as much as I did for number 3 8.5/10

6793026 07-17-2019 11:52 PM

The long shot.

Seth + Charlize was pretty good in the movie. Seth plays the same hipster role and Charlize is just pretty as always. Some good laughs, 90s references, all in all, brainless watch. I thought it was ok, 7/10.

SkinnyPupp 07-18-2019 03:36 AM

Spiderman Far From Home 7/10

A fine, non offensive Marvel movie. Fun way to kill 2 hours or whatever. Nothing terribly good, nothing terribly bad. Just Spiderman being Spiderman. I really like MJ, looking forward to her character developing.

Nlkko 07-18-2019 07:30 AM

The Loudest Voice miniseries on Showtime (find it on Crave) is pretty good. It's about the creation of Fox News cable TV shows.

BIC_BAWS 07-18-2019 09:53 AM

Emoji Movie - 7/10 - It's really not as bad as everyone said it was.

Plot line is typical, but I like the visualization/graphical representation of the apps. It's pretty cool.

pinn3r 07-18-2019 08:18 PM

Midsommar 9/10

Didn't live up to Hereditary, but was still fucked up enough for me to thoroughly enjoy it. Intro scene was so fucking jarring and creepy.

I'm a huge Ari Aster fanboy and his attention to detail needs to be commended. Lots of lore, easter eggs, and foreshadowing throughout the movie if you're into that kind of stuff.

Midsommar felt like one huge acid trip, but was grounded in reality and didn't have much of a supernatural presence like Hereditary did.

6793026 07-18-2019 11:56 PM

Hereditary wasn't for everyone, as in the scary wtf moments was great (which was only mainly ONE scene to be honest), but the whole story line was totally totally can't be comprehended unless you read up on the explanation on the ending.

It's really tough for me to find someone to go watch so props to you pinn3r to watching Ari Asters' movie. I can't wait for him to direct soemthign else soon.

6793026 07-26-2019 06:47 PM

https://i1.wp.com/www.irishfilmcriti...92%2C696&ssl=1

finally saw this in theatres. It was hard to find as it wasn't freely released everywhere.

Awkwafina was decent in her role; she didn't have enough acting so it was good to see her hold up a decent calibre of acting. The mother & the uncle in the movie was much better actor.

The movie was light on the script, acting was actually better for grandma + the uncle. Wasn't as solid as I thought. The score and sound track was decent. It did lack a punch; my friend and I were the only two Asians in the theatre; rest were white people hahha
8/10

Mr.Money 07-31-2019 01:23 AM

once upon a time in hollywood - 9/10.

that ending was funny as hell,nobody in the theater didn't laugh.
tons of plot twists,it keeps making you guess what is going to happen.

glad i didn't hear any spoilers and the previews really didn't the entire story..