REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   What's the last movie you saw and rate it... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/513888-whats-last-movie-you-saw-rate.html)

6793026 09-04-2018 10:21 PM

Crazy rich asians.

I thought it was a great movie. script was legit, music was likely done with a touch of chinese, the entire cast was done nicely. Jokes were funny and didn't go way too too far.

Constance played the character well, the actor had zero acting gigs before this on a big screen.

The scene of the majong was done really well; it was one scene they added which wasn't from the book; they wanted to give Michelle a bit of depth instead of just being a tough bitch. Thought it was really well written into the movie.

Woudl I watch it in theatres, not really, but woudl watch it again for shit and giggles. 8.5/10.

i did hope they would use a bit of the character's game theory a bit and lastly, some of the bitches had a major botox issues. OH... and every male lead in the movie had to take their shirt off which was funnny.

SkinnyPupp 09-09-2018 05:30 PM

Trying to watch as many HDR movies as I can to enjoy my new TV, but options are pretty limited for me (Google Play doesn't offer HDR or I think even 4K outside USA and Canada, and Amazon Prime doesn't offer rentals or purchases, only Prime Video subscription)

Okja 2/10

It was basically just a bad children's movie

Ready Player One 3/10

Just another sci-fi "win the prize" movie with lame 80's throwbacks (maybe 1 or 2 good ones I can't recall). It's hard to believe how far Spielberg has fallen

pinn3r 09-09-2018 06:30 PM

The Nun 3/10

What a disappointment. Had so much potential.

Predictable jump scares? Check
Protagonists doing nonsensical shit? Check
Reeks of a cash-grab from a mainstream audience? CHECK

turb0triX 09-09-2018 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS (Post 8917397)
Crazy Rich Asians 7/10
Having read the book, I paid closer attention to the details like, "Pacific Asean Airlines"

Singapore is in the ASEAN. I think that's what they were referring to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associ..._Asian_Nations

Mr.Money 09-10-2018 01:14 PM

Hereditary - 7.5/10

this film very much runs on same break-down as "the exorcist" and couple of "Wtf this is disgusting" moments.

if you're a fan of horror i'd check it out for sure 100%,it's predictable if you watched paranormal horror before and you'll piece together certain scenes that are about happen....some might think the ending is stupid,but it was little crazy stupid.

604pt 09-10-2018 02:13 PM

The Nun 4/10

Not worth the price of admission. Disappointing for the most part.

Crazy Rich Asians 9/10

Not usually into Romantic Comedies but this film was really well done from start to finish imo. Soundtrack included. Would watch again.

SkinnyPupp 09-10-2018 06:05 PM

Ocean's Eight 3/10

Absolutely nothing interesting happened. Just a plain old by-the-numbers heist movie. No twists, no backstabs, no threats of getting caught.. Just one easy solution after another. Lame ResidentSleeper

68style 09-11-2018 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8918255)

Ready Player One 3/10

Just another sci-fi "win the prize" movie with lame 80's throwbacks (maybe 1 or 2 good ones I can't recall). It's hard to believe how far Spielberg has fallen

I'm surprised you didn't like this one, I would have given it a 6 simply because I hated the ending so much... but I liked the tech ideas, the earnestness of the main character... and my favourite movie is Iron Giant so that was a huge fanboi moment for me watching him kick ass... lol... but the ending ARGHHHH anyway just a bit surprised you hated it that much.

Had you read the book? I didn't, but I heard people who read the book were much more disappointed.

SkinnyPupp 09-11-2018 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68style (Post 8918546)
I'm surprised you didn't like this one, I would have given it a 6 simply because I hated the ending so much... but I liked the tech ideas, the earnestness of the main character... and my favourite movie is Iron Giant so that was a huge fanboi moment for me watching him kick ass... lol... but the ending ARGHHHH anyway just a bit surprised you hated it that much.

Had you read the book? I didn't, but I heard people who read the book were much more disappointed.

I've never read the book, but I've always heard good things about it...

I don't know, all the 80's callbacks seemed trite. Like we're supposed to feel smart for noticing Ryu walking in the background, or recognize Kaneda's bike or something like that. I'm usually a very nostalgic person too, but this stuff didn't do it for me.

And then the plot was basically every other modern "teens try to win a contest to get a reprieve from the dystopian world" story... Maze Runner, Hunger Games, Divergent, etc, etc

Compare this to Minority Report, and you can barely believe it's from the same director. What happened?

Maybe my expectations were too high? I dunno all the movies I've watched lately have been 2's or 3's for me. Mainstream movies seem so... basic... now. That, or overly "artistic". I miss all the tweeners

SkinnyPupp 09-15-2018 04:37 PM

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom 3/10

Lots of runnin' and screamin' and crashin'. And dinosaurs. And that's the movie.

Looks pretty though, and it's 3X better than the last one. It wasn't as insulting to my intelligence with all the advertisements (I do want a Budweiser though) so it's a 3

Mr.Money 09-16-2018 06:27 PM

agree,Jurassic World reboot needs to die already,i feel their making it family friendly as possible to boost sales so "families" will go see it.

compared to the classic "Jurassic park" where this scene kind of fucked me up unexpectedly,Haha.

!Aznboi128 09-17-2018 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8918470)
Ocean's Eight 3/10

Absolutely nothing interesting happened. Just a plain old by-the-numbers heist movie. No twists, no backstabs, no threats of getting caught.. Just one easy solution after another. Lame ResidentSleeper

seriously disappointed about this one

white rocket 09-17-2018 10:46 AM

Hereditary 9/10 - What an incredibly shot movie. Everything about it had me in awe. I'm not a horror movie fan generally but had to check this one out due to such high reviews. Everything R.Mutt said is bang on. I was so caught up in little details that I forgot to be scared or uncomfortable. It only hit me the next day. Not sure why there are so many questioning the ending as it made perfect sense to me :shrug:. I'll most likely watch it again in a few months with someone who hasn't.

Spoiler!

StylinRed 09-21-2018 12:50 AM

Been awhile which is weird since I've been watching literally everything in theatres lately ��

The House with a clock in its walls 4/10 bleeeh it's like your typical kids Halloween movie that you see on the Disney channel, meh, trailer made it seem like it had a lot of potential :/

PiuYi 09-27-2018 11:16 PM

Good Will Hunting - 6.5/10

maybe went in with expectations too high

tegra7 09-28-2018 01:41 PM

A quiet place. 4/10

TouringTeg 10-01-2018 11:41 AM

Den of Thieves on Netflix. Some big star power. A big fire fight at the beginning and the end. Otherwise pretty disappointing.

4/10

welfare 10-02-2018 11:05 PM

Trump@war
Steve Bannons latest documentary showcasing the 2016 election.
Obviously designed to drum up support for the midterms.

Ehhhhh 7/10

white rocket 10-03-2018 08:34 AM

Annihilation 8/10 - Cool premise, great execution. Story, characters, plot, and how everything unfolds were all worth the watch. A good blend of sci-fi/action/horror/drama.

Mr.Money 10-03-2018 09:14 AM

Ant Man and the Wasp - 6/10...hdrip is out now.

the very first film had jokes that were more original with better writers.
i felt like i was watching a movie trying to be funny with G rated comedy bits throw about,the action scenes are like a child's imagination of whats going on.

The Agent looking after Ant man was just phony,i dont know what the writers were thinking.

Tegra_Devil 10-04-2018 08:58 PM

Venom 7.5/10

Was good, would have been better as an R rating

6793026 10-04-2018 09:35 PM

Venom 6-7/10
I thought it was ok; the last part of the fighting scenes were so bad because I couldn't see anything at all due to the screen being too busy.

Story was really weak, condensed and just didn't really flow at all. Characters were NOT developed at all and there just wasn't any charisma with any characters at all.

Few check boxes on the critical events in the movie to ensure the plot is in sync with the comic (aside from the love interest of the female character) and it was just compiled and put on screen.

I do have to say a few people were surprised this was a Marvel movie due to how it's a bit darker than other comics.

GS8 10-09-2018 02:03 AM

https://i.jeded.com/i/stormy-night-a...u-ni.25006.jpg

I was chilling at home, listening to orchestral soundtracks. A song from this film popped up and it was really well done. Figured I give the movie a watch, not expecting much.

It's basically a Japan made 'Disney style' movie based on a book from 1995 I think. It's a children's film but there are some concepts that adults can grasp as well. There's one underlying theme that may or may not exist depending on subjective interpretation. I won't say what it is as I don't want to distort anyone's perception. I will say people from the West may have a different interpretation of the main characters than people from the East.

Either way, this story could also be a metaphor for humans as well (like Aesop's Fables).

It's visually stunning without being overkill. It's not your typical anime style. I really liked it. Storyline was alright considering it's primarily aimed at children. Adults would be entertained as well. Characters were not your typical anime tropes so that was a breath of relief.

I'd give it a 7/10 but the music alone gives it another point so 8/10.

Jmac 10-10-2018 10:00 PM

Office Space was on TV tonight; every time I watch it, it gets better and more relatable. 9/10

Mr.Money 10-11-2018 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmac (Post 8922917)
Office Space was on TV tonight; every time I watch it, it gets better and more relatable. 9/10

agree,shit made me laugh so much back in the day...."Excuse me,i believe i didn't get a piece of cake" :lawl: