REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 10-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #4726
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman88 View Post
How expensive are their burgers at Five Guys?
Average 12 bucks for the meal I think
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #4727
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Beefy Beef - I've given this place many, many chances, because of how convenient it is. and every time I'm let down. No good. Friend got the taiwanese beef noodle, I had the laksa, both were bland as hell. Bubble tea was overpriced, and pearls were average at best. 2/10

Gloucester - MEhhhhhh same old.. late night eats, so can't complain too much. 5.5/10

Splitz Grill - best burger I've had in a lonnngggggggg time. Fries were a little soggy though. 8/10

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #4728
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

The Keg. First time there. I like the steak and the scalloped wrapped bacon. Not filling but had a pleasant evening.
1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:14 AM   #4729
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,550 Times in 463 Posts
Octopus' Garden: 7/10

Pros:

-Great service
-Amazing prawn tempura!
-Good rolls
-Reserving for two early in the day and getting the "private" section was perfect for a date

Cons:

-Uni was highly disappointing. Probably the worst I've ever had and I absolutely LOVE Uni
-Salmon belly appetizer wasn't too appetizing
-Pretty small servings
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy View Post
my rule of thumb when picking between 2 or more girls .. always go with the one with bigger boobs
palepilsenpin0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:39 AM   #4730
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by palepilsenpin0y View Post
Octopus' Garden: 7/10

Pros:

-Great service
-Amazing prawn tempura!
-Good rolls
-Reserving for two early in the day and getting the "private" section was perfect for a date

Cons:

-Uni was highly disappointing. Probably the worst I've ever had and I absolutely LOVE Uni
-Salmon belly appetizer wasn't too appetizing
-Pretty small servings
heard this place is pricy, how much was the bill for 2 ?
blee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:58 AM   #4731
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,165 Times in 7,156 Posts
Me and the gf spent 60 bucks there, no alcoholic drinks, and left semi full. Food and service was great though. We also had the little private room. In the kits area I'd rather go to kibune for sushi. Its as good, and the slightest bit cheaper.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:19 AM   #4732

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Me and the gf spent 60 bucks there, no alcoholic drinks, and left semi full. Food and service was great though. We also had the little private room. In the kits area I'd rather go to kibune for sushi. Its as good, and the slightest bit cheaper.
$60 bucks for 2 at Octopus Garden? I was expecting way more
blee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:24 AM   #4733
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,165 Times in 7,156 Posts
You could spend quite a bit more, but it wasn't as much as it seems people think it is. I think $80 for food and no drinks and we would have left reasonably full. Its not like ridiculous blue water sushi prices.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #4734
I LIKE JDM!!

Thanked 2,175 Times in 715 Posts
Morrison Cafe: 7/10
Eatery: 6/10
True Confections: 7/10
Tokyo Joe Ramen Okawari: 6/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durrann View Post
any birthday freebies or discounts with that burger?
Negative. I did not notify the restaurant with my date of birth nor do I know if Five Guys have some type of discount for special occasions. I'm sure they would provide some type of special service if someone came in on their wedding day, which I'm willing to experiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman88 View Post
How expensive are their burgers at Five Guys?
Five Guys is fairly cheap. I'd say it's an average price for the type of meal. The last time that I went, I purchased a hamburger, which comes with two patties and any topping that they have available. Five Guys does not charge you extra for toppings. The hamburger also came with regular sized Cajun fries, which is quite large to begin with but Five Guys likes to overfill your order with fries. One will receive about a quarter of a bag of bonus fries. Total for the meal without a drink was $11.64
I believe its cheaper then Veras and Splitz but I have not been to either of those restaurants for quite some time. Five Guys is really good but I need to try a few other places that were featured on Triple D in order to find out who really has the best burger. I still give Five Guys a 8.5/10

YouTube
Instagram
flickr
Twitter
Portfolio

Last edited by european; 10-09-2012 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Added info about Five Guys
european is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:02 PM   #4735
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Gyo-o
Food: 8/10
Being Cash-Only: 0/10
mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:19 PM   #4736
10psi aint enough...

Bubble Fruity

8188 Saba Road, #180
Richmond, BC V6Y4B2
Tel: (778) 297-6820

If anyone's seeking a dessert place that serves mango pudding, black sesame pudding, red bean pudding, tofu dessert, tapioca/sago etc etc... this is a cozy family owned place. Small eats as well like sandwiches and finger food.
Dessert starts from $4+, approx. 7-8 tables, magazines, tv, and plenty of street parking (if you're the type to watch your car while eating LOL) and best part is it opens til midnight.
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #4737
I LIKE JDM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGuy View Post
Bubble Fruity

8188 Saba Road, #180
Richmond, BC V6Y4B2

If anyone's seeking a dessert place that serves mango pudding, black sesame pudding, red bean pudding, tofu dessert, tapioca/sago etc etc... this is a cozy family owned place. Small eats as well like sandwiches and finger food.
Dessert starts from $4+, approx. 7-8 tables, magazines, tv, and plenty of street parking (if you're the type to watch your car while eating LOL) and best part is it opens til midnight.
Neat, what would you rate this little diner?

YouTube
Instagram
flickr
Twitter
Portfolio
Old 10-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #4738
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGuy View Post
Bubble Fruity

8188 Saba Road, #180
Richmond, BC V6Y4B2

Their durian sago, durian mochi are legit. It's out of this world.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #4739
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
^^^Wasn't a huge fan of this place, really small menu and question when stuff was made. Cause all they do is pop stuff in the microwave when you request it hot.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #4740
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,307 Posts
Did some grocery shopping at Killarney Market last night and decided to hit up Columbus Restaurant to see what this place was all about.

Columbus is tucked in a quiet corner with an outdated interior from the 70s serving the community, so if you are expecting something like Cioppino's, you're at the wrong place. I would compare this restaurant to the likes of Neighbour's Restaurant on Victoria & E. 49th.

Ordered their Wednesday special - 3 topping large pizza for $10.99 consisting of peppers, onions and chorizo and their Columbus pasta (bacon, arthichoke, spinach, mushrooms, penne pasta, roasted garlic in a cream sauce.) Overall, food was good and satisfying. I prefer the pizza at Neighbour's Restaruant better. Their crust makes it that much better. Pasta was nice except the saltiness from the abundance of bacon was over powering, negating the spinach and artichoke. But hey, you can never have too much bacon (or can you?)

8/10

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #4741
10psi aint enough...

Desserts was 8/10, depending how picky you are. I mean hk restaurants serves way more yummy food but in richmond, its decent, not much to compare with lol...
Obviously the red bean/black sesame pudding is microwaved. Mangos and sago are all chilled and fridged but what do you expect?

Service 9/10, family operated, food comes quick and waitress is nice to chat with. Turnover quick as theres ppl coming in and out.

Price is fair, I mean $4.50 each for those forementioned desserts, some maybe a buck or two more. Again, not too many places to compare locally but liking the fact its opened til midnight so good to hang with s/o.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #4742
kwy

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Moxies in Abby..3rd time I think. It was ok. Nothing really sets it apart from other average chain places.
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:03 AM   #4743
10psi aint enough...

^^ next time try the triple baked potato... Little salt and pepper and some green onion = yum
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #4744
I LIKE JDM!!

Kami Sushi. 8.5/10

Everything is awesome at Kami! I love it. Best sushi place that i've been to so far.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #4745
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,979 Times in 262 Posts
Fable Kitchen

Bread 10/10
Circus 10/10

Dinner for 2, drinks and a beer for the kitchen $150

Sit at the bar, watch cooking, plating and chat with the crew.

Call a few days ahead for booking or arrive at 5:30 for walk-in dinner seating.

Will definitely return.

finbar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2012, 11:25 PM   #4746
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,360 Times in 315 Posts
Memphis Blues BBQ - 10/10

Tried the Friday/Saturday Beef Rib special. I though it was a tad pricy @ $19.99, but it came with coleslaw, chilly, cornbread and fries. The meat fell right off the bone. I am a big eater and I had a tough time finishing it. My GF tried the beef brisket and it was good too.

I might be biased because for me, beer (on tap) + beef/pork ribs (cooked properly) =
broken_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:45 PM   #4747
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Hachi Sushi - 8/10

This little sushi place is located on Cambie and Garden City in Richmond and is seriously good. My girlfriend and I split the chef's choice sushi, a negitoro roll, a dynamite roll and a couple pieces of toro sushi. The sushi was extremely fresh and possibly some of the tastiest I've ever had. Based on the food alone, I would have rated this place an easy 9. Unfortunately, because there were only the two of them working, we had to wait ages for our food to come to the point where they actually sent over beef sashimi to make up for the wait time (which was also absolutely delicious).

Overall, I would say it's definitely worth checking out but be prepared for a long wait for your food.
artmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #4748
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Planet India
Butter Chicken - The usual deliciousness
Channa Masala - First time trying and it was awesome. Just a really nice blend of flavours with onions, cilantro, ginger and spices. It's a chickpea dish for those that don't know.
Ordered side of rice, naan and garlic naan. The garlic naan I would highly recommend.
10/10
mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:43 PM   #4749
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Thanked 1,284 Times in 112 Posts
Went to try out Ngoc's Cafe on vic and 36, pretty good there. 9/10
Had ice coffee and ate pork with rice and egg. Pork was really well marinated.
Their food is also a decent price, cheaper then some pho places.
viet604778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #4750
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,763 Times in 905 Posts
LOL don't laugh.

McDonalds in Nuevo Vallarta Mexico

McChicken - The Patty was completely different compared to ours which is breaded. The McChicken here tasted exactly like a chicken nugget, so basically it was a big nugget patty. It was awesome and I made sure to have a couple more before I left.

McPatatas - They had the fries just like us but they also had McPatatas which are potatoe wedges and comes with a pack of cheese for them. I just used ketchup and they were pretty dope too. I miss them now =(

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote