REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 10-26-2016, 07:08 PM   #7451
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
You guys are acting like little girls and only for one of you it's OK.
Advertisement
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:31 AM   #7452
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Hongdae pocha

had to get soy chicken (pa dak) again to compare my last couple of korean joints.

It is a lot crispier, more flavour in the chicken itself, for $16, it was like double the size of hon sushi and other various of places.

It has a 50% off student sale. If you have 2 people eating there from opening to 8:30pm on monday to thurs I believe (or could be wednesday, unsure), u get 50% off everything.... which is fcking amazing value. I had one student ID card from 2011 which worked and my friend didn't have one so only one plate was given 50% off (still a fcking steal!)

Had chicken galbi which was consistent on portions, flavour (spiciness), and seasoning.

Felt like korean street food material (which i fcking love b ecause its authentic)

me and my girl were the only non korean speakers in the restaurant... felt like I was in korea haha

if you plan to go, there is a picturebook menu which is great for non korean speakers

10/10

tl dr:

50% discount friom 5-830 on specific days, show high school id card, ubc,sfu,douglas,langara any other post secondary! or esl ID!
hot korean chicks sitting with other girls, easy to approach, it is a place to meet up singles on certain nights
great food choices, very tasty
get soy chicken with soju

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.

Last edited by Verdasco; 10-27-2016 at 07:39 AM.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:14 PM   #7453
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
Well guys I need a hand..

throwing a surprise birthday party for a rather large group and am looking for a place!

My go to was Irish Heather but they're booked on the only day that matters...They;re offered me their other restaurant, the Salt Room but the idea of a cocktail reception will not be popular with pretty much everyone in my group, let alone the birthday girl

Abigail's apparently permanently closed...Does steamworks have a private room for 40?

Looking for options while doing my own research, Thanks!
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:22 PM   #7454
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,383 Times in 5,663 Posts
steamworks has a massive private room in the back, however it may be too big for 40

there are two seperate portions there though, so you might be able to book just the piano hall in the very back, not cheap though. Fiance's company had their xmas party there last year
Old 10-27-2016, 07:51 PM   #7455

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
edit: think I may have found a couple potential places

Last edited by k3mps; 10-27-2016 at 09:48 PM.
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:57 AM   #7456
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Kozakura 6/10. Things were decent for the most part but nothing mindblowing. For a restaurant/style that places emphasis on up close interaction with the chef, service was severely lacking. Too pricey and portions too small. Would've been okay if the food was better.
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 02:12 PM   #7457
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Fish Counter the other day. 10/10 had the crab sandwich. Excellent value.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 02:51 PM   #7458
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

My Greek
Don't know of a better place in Burnaby/Coq area
Nothing to complain about
10/10
mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:51 AM   #7459

went to vegas for a 3 day weekend, tried a couple of places... stayed in the cosmo as well again.

Secret pizza place, reminds me of brooklyn pizza place in vancouver but a lot better. thin slices and so much fcking cheese, get the sicilian thick pizza as well. great value. One of the best of not the best pizza i had

10/10, my go too spot after being too drunk from the club

caesars $73 USD ($98 CAD) dinner buffet

oh boy..... im not sure why we all went but the crab legs were meh, oysters are fcking garbage, other seafood sucked. I was a sucker. This is a tourist trap! Thought it would be great but other buffets for $40 or less was better. I went to wicked spoon and it was better

3/10

wicked spoon in cosmopolitan

cheaper, was around $40 for lunch, dinner should be like $50-60

better ingredients in everything i tried compared to caesars, love their type of food. More consistent compared to caesars. My go too buffet in vegas for now on.

10/10

milos in cosmopolitan

had the lunch 3 course menu

salmon bagel , lobster linguine, yogurt for $40.00

the linguine was 1/3 of what I received 4 years ago. A lot smaller ..... was really disappointed as it was my favourite dish in vegas previously. Would never go again based on this

5/10

In n Out

first time visiting the joint, rolled up in a limo and had people staring haha. Monster fries are OVERHYPED AS FUK (fries fcking suck there!~) do not get fries, they are dry, tasteless and expensive. Just get 2-3 double burgers with cheese! trust me!! So fcking juicy, it was amazing

10/10

White castle

went cause of harold and kumar

basically a thin spam slice of "beef" that looks fake with cheese in a slider for $2 ( a little bit of butter inside)

not going back, not even worth it lol, touristy thing to do, a thing to try once on the strip

6/10

Holsteins burger

Great place to grab food and bring back to your hotel. Awesome burgers and drinks. Was too drunk too give this a proper review but was great (no bias)

8/10

i never give 10/10s but wicked spoon and secret pizza place deserves it. Cosmo has shown that it deserve all the credit that is due. Wanted to try eggslut but was too busy. marquee is located very close to hotel guests which is a plus. Would recommend this place for younger folks

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
my bedroom =D
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 11-01-2016, 09:16 AM   #7460
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,457 Times in 990 Posts
just to change up the conversation here a bit, how much do you guys spend eating out per month? for me, 90% of the time it's under $100 per week. that's including food and drinks.
seems like some people literally spend their whole paycheck eating/drinking
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:30 AM   #7461

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
just to change up the conversation here a bit, how much do you guys spend eating out per month? for me, 90% of the time it's under $100 per week. that's including food and drinks.
if i max out on lunches at work (which i will never do, i bring my own leftovers a lot)

$10x5 weekdays

i go to like one good restaurant for $40 or less in a weekend

so $70-$90?

Quote:
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Old 11-01-2016, 09:39 AM   #7462

Usually one lunch and one dinner a week max. So $50 to $60 bucks. I cook a ton at home though.

Verdasco, whenever I tell people I hate In N Out fries people give me a weird look. But I completely agree. Worst fast food fries out there. I'll just get two burgers instead and call it a day.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:53 AM   #7463

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 View Post
Usually one lunch and one dinner a week max. So $50 to $60 bucks. I cook a ton at home though.

Verdasco, whenever I tell people I hate In N Out fries people give me a weird look. But I completely agree. Worst fast food fries out there. I'll just get two burgers instead and call it a day.
some people just dont understand but I can not blame them. They probably haven't ate enough fries to widen their palate to fully understand why in n out fries suck monkey balls

Quote:
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Old 11-01-2016, 11:11 AM   #7464

nah nah.. animal style is the shit bros
Old 11-01-2016, 11:37 AM   #7465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
nah nah.. animal style is the shit bros

https://www.reddit.com/r/fastfood/co..._is_overrated/

Quote:
While the burger was decent, the fries were just kind of sad. In-N-Out makes a big deal about its fries: the potatoes are hand cut and never frozen. The fries did taste very potatoey, but they didn't have the texture french fries should have: crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. They were just fried sticks of hand-cut russet potato. They weren't craveable. And they didn't come with enough salt.
I Went To In-N-Out Burger And Found It To Be Overrated - Business Insider

Quote:
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Old 11-01-2016, 07:59 PM   #7466
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

in n out fries has some kind of weird texture to it. i liked the fried onions though lol
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:32 PM   #7467
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
About $800 a month for 2 of us. We eat whatever we feel like basically whenever. Eating good food is one of the most satisfying things in the world.
Which reminds me. Went to wolf in the fog in tofino this saturday.
1st course: scallop on the shell - everything about this dish was perfect
2nd course: beef tartare - it was delicious, but way too overpowering with the horseradish. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't quite right
3rd course: cod cheeks - crispy, seasoned well, hearty
4th course: burger and fries - It was great, but not as good as hawksworth or au comptoir's burger.

Service was perfect, tons of personality.
Price was insanely good. $110 with tip and 2 good beers with all that food.
Solid 9.5 out of 10.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-01-2016, 08:35 PM   #7468
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
caesars $73 USD ($98 CAD) dinner buffet

oh boy..... im not sure why we all went but the crab legs were meh, oysters are fcking garbage, other seafood sucked. I was a sucker. This is a tourist trap! Thought it would be great but other buffets for $40 or less was better. I went to wicked spoon and it was better
3/10

wicked spoon in cosmopolitan
cheaper, was around $40 for lunch, dinner should be like $50-60
better ingredients in everything i tried compared to caesars, love their type of food. More consistent compared to caesars. My go too buffet in vegas for now on.
10/10

milos in cosmopolitan
had the lunch 3 course menu
salmon bagel , lobster linguine, yogurt for $40.00
the linguine was 1/3 of what I received 4 years ago. A lot smaller ..... was really disappointed as it was my favourite dish in vegas previously. Would never go again based on this
5/10

In n Out
first time visiting the joint, rolled up in a limo and had people staring haha. Monster fries are OVERHYPED AS FUK (fries fcking suck there!~) do not get fries, they are dry, tasteless and expensive. Just get 2-3 double burgers with cheese! trust me!! So fcking juicy, it was amazing
10/10

White castle
went cause of harold and kumar
basically a thin spam slice of "beef" that looks fake with cheese in a slider for $2 ( a little bit of butter inside)
not going back, not even worth it lol, touristy thing to do, a thing to try once on the strip
6/10
I actually got food poisoning eating the crab and oysters at Caesars. Had the runs all night.

Wicked Spoon is awesome, it was $40? Last time I went I remember it was only $25 or so and loved that it came with a complimentary mimosa.

Milos is very good, I had the lobster linguini, very yummy.

In'n Out and White Castle (even McDonalds) in Vegas is garbage. It's like they know they cater to drunk-asses so they stopped giving a shit.
The White Castle sliders I got were dryer than cardboard, had to throw most of it away, it was WAY better in New York. Same with In'n Out, the ones I went to in Los Angeles were better.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:03 AM   #7469

I wish I could eat at Wolf in the Fog on a monthly basis. Why does it have to be so far away GF and I were even thinking of taking a flight to Tofino Airport just for a tasting menu they had last fall. Couldn't justify the costs though...

How I describe In n Out fries is that they have the potato crispness on the outside, but none of the delicious potato creaminess on the inside. No flavor whatsoever. That's why you need to make them animal style, to cover up the shit texture.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:33 AM   #7470
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Why do people in Vegas go for mcd or whatever for burgers instead of Gordon Ramsey or that place with the fois gras burger
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:41 AM   #7471
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Surprised Verdasco didn't hit up Shake Shack.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:50 AM   #7472

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic_Phantom View Post
Why do people in Vegas go for mcd or whatever for burgers instead of Gordon Ramsey or that place with the fois gras burger
Foie burger was garbage at Holsteins, not like I should have expected much from foie on a burger.

6/10
Old 11-02-2016, 11:13 AM   #7473
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

when you say caesar? did you mean bacchanal buffet?
Jonydakiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:44 AM   #7474
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Foie burger was garbage at Holsteins, not like I should have expected much from foie on a burger.

6/10
So fucking tacky. Did it come with Parmesan truffle fries and balsamic reduction as well?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 01:25 PM   #7475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expresso View Post
Surprised Verdasco didn't hit up Shake Shack.
my friends in van recommended me shake shack, my friend at the trip said shake shack, we just didnt have enough time and decided to eat elsewhere. Will try it next time.

Quote:
my bedroom =D
Quote: