REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:33 AM   #151
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,577 Times in 4,294 Posts
^ I really have to agree on that. The funny thing is you think what your doing is funny and is a joke. Well it's not what so ever. Doesn't matter if it's $100 for 1 cent if you know your taking it and the owner of the car doesn't know you are. your STEALING and your a fucken joke if you think it's funny.
Advertisement
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:57 AM   #152
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

come on ... don't be wimps ... name the BBT places!! There's SO many out there so it's better we go to the right ones!
HOTSHOTKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:00 AM   #153
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

^^ Also agree. Complete lack of integrity.

I don't really have much for my work, but I guess that's a good thing.
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:14 AM   #154
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,128 Times in 339 Posts
Starbucks: We don't make 100% profit off your latte's. Obviously we do make some money, but that's business. We do have to pay rent, labour, cost of goods (coffee's, and drinks, foods, and cups and all that other stuff). There are stores out there that don't make any money every month. So they do negative business. Its some stores that control their "controllable's" better than others.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:37 AM   #155
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenosan View Post
I'm not taking it personally. There are markups everywhere. There are many reasons why prices are different everywhere. It's the same as why cars of the exact same model are 8k cheaper in the states.

But if I may ask, if it's such a rip off to get it installed at these places, where is a better place?
dude, ur talking about US and Canada, different country, im taking about same country.

the reason prices are diff in US and canada is simply because of marketing. and supply/demand. Population of US is about 300+ million. whereas canada is 30+ mil. with a bigger country. simply put they have to market thr producet in a bigger place / less people. ship to greater distance. pay more for labour.

now compare within canada. Toronto & van. labour is pretty much the same cost. and gas is 10-15 cents differnt. Price of everything else is almost similar also. just installers have a monopoly. so they charge $400+ to install a freakin alarm.

alt. just drive down to seattle and ull find tons of cheaper installs..

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgasm_donor View Post
Thats hilarious.
There are a lot of places like Futureshop Best Buy that can get their 18 year old high school dropouts to slam these alarms in your precious vehicle for $449. BUT, when you find out that you need to pay extra for little things like....oh, I dunno...a proper install, all soldered connections, hidden sirens, hidden alarm brains, discreet wiring, properly placed hood pins, properly placed LEDs, proper programming and make sure that you can stand behind it 100% with zero argument...well, they don't chagre extra because they don't do ANY of the above. Also, a lot of Ontario shops sell the US model alarm which is way cheaper. It also has 1/4 the range of the CDN models. Yeah, we can order those in too....but only if we want you to complain about the horrible range.

So yeah, you definately get what you pay for and we don't charge $700 for a PRO. Its a LOT less. Unless you want all the options that big box don't even offer.
Im not going to get into a big discussion, but just go around in toronto car forms, they swear by this guy (audio heaven) i have gotten work done on my car thr also. and i took my alarm that i bought off ebay and got him to install, no complains.
PS. i have used 2 models of compustar, both US , and both had good range, ..infact, my last car had backup siren/with backup batt. all included for install

Last edited by tool001; 09-04-2008 at 08:48 AM.
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:39 AM   #156
My homepage has been set to RS

As for all the scumbags.. who steal money and shit.

i think its just a phase that everybody goes through (well not everybody) and some people grow out of it and some dont. Rest is about Class. some people lack class, no matter how rich they get, the mentality stays the same. Can't straighten out a dog's tail, no matter how much u try.
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:24 AM   #157
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostslut View Post
Starbucks: We don't make 100% profit off your latte's. Obviously we do make some money, but that's business. We do have to pay rent, labour, cost of goods (coffee's, and drinks, foods, and cups and all that other stuff). There are stores out there that don't make any money every month. So they do negative business. Its some stores that control their "controllable's" better than others.
That's not really a secret
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:34 AM   #158
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
HAHA That was the most pathetic arguement I have ever heard. The fact that you can try to compare you taking your car for detailing and the guy that is detailing the car picking up 50cents off your floor and putting it in his pocket instead of sucking it up the vaccuum or tossing it in the garbage to Keying someones car and breaking in and stealing a stereo proves you should probably take more money out for student loans cuz your dumb as fuck.

Makes senses, right? No it makes no sense and your a fucktard for even thinking it does. I would love to hear other peoples thoughts on your weak sauce argument but that would take this thread off base.

Berz out.
That is pretty dishonest though bro. I worked at a car wash as well for 2 years when I was in highschool and I can honestly say I never stole a dime or any items out of any car and we were a busy car wash, probably the busiest in the lower mainland (200-300 cars a day on weekends) so I had lots of opportunity. I'd just stick anything I found in the ashtray, that's not to say that half the other people who worked there weren't stealing.

If someone gives me the wrong change I'm going back to the store to make it right. It isn't about being holier then thou I'm just a strong believer in Karma and you get what you give.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa

Last edited by quasi; 09-04-2008 at 09:37 AM.
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:38 AM   #159
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool001 View Post
Im not going to get into a big discussion, but just go around in toronto car forms, they swear by this guy (audio heaven) i have gotten work done on my car thr also. and i took my alarm that i bought off ebay and got him to install, no complains.
PS. i have used 2 models of compustar, both US , and both had good range, ..infact, my last car had backup siren/with backup batt. all included for install
so ur still saying drive to toronto to save 200 bucks?
id still go to sounds good hell i have twice for both of my cars
Old 09-04-2008, 09:43 AM   #160
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadZuki View Post
you're a fucking moron.

You're a lowlife piece of shit. And a petty criminal to boot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadZuki View Post
you're a petty, pathetic thief, and that's all there is to it.

You're as valuable as the dogshit stuck to the sole of my shoe.
Not saying who's right or wrong here. But why the hell do you have to go on a rampage everytime you have a difference in opinion.

Only children do that.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:12 AM   #161
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Not saying who's right or wrong here. But why the hell do you have to go on a rampage everytime you have a difference in opinion.

Only children do that.
my bad, I probably coulda done without the colourful language (so could he...but I'll be man enough to admit it )

Last edited by OffroadZuki; 09-04-2008 at 10:39 AM.
OffroadZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:12 AM   #162
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
That is pretty dishonest though bro. I worked at a car wash as well for 2 years when I was in highschool and I can honestly say I never stole a dime or any items out of any car and we were a busy car wash, probably the busiest in the lower mainland (200-300 cars a day on weekends) so I had lots of opportunity. I'd just stick anything I found in the ashtray, that's not to say that half the other people who worked there weren't stealing.

If someone gives me the wrong change I'm going back to the store to make it right. It isn't about being holier then thou I'm just a strong believer in Karma and you get what you give.
werd......
Old 09-04-2008, 10:13 AM   #163
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
cuz your dumb as fuck.
lol, irony
Stevie P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:39 AM   #164
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie P View Post
lol, irony
hahahaha...spot on!
Old 09-04-2008, 12:03 PM   #165
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,438 Times in 981 Posts
tbh, i expect ppl to steal my change when i get my car detailed. not saying its right, obviously its not, but if i want to keep my change i'll take a look under my seats before i turn my car into a detailer. everyone knows that lot guys, detailers, etc... take what they find.

heres a little story..
my coworker rented a car from hertz once and forgot his sunglasses and digital camera in the glovebox. he called in the next day after he flew back to van, and they said there was nothing in the glove when he returned the car. he said he didnt care about the camera, he just wanted his memory card back that was full of pics of his 2yr old kid. eventually they "found" the camera and mailed it back.. lol
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:10 PM   #166
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeniepoo View Post
richmond bubbletea places...
i've trained in a few places and they always reuse those tiny side dishes that come with ur food.
one of the kitchen ppl i used to work with, when waitresses clean the tables n brings the dishes to the back to wash, even if customers have ate a little bit of the sidedish, they would just twirl it with their fingers n put it out with the next set of food
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Me and my friends witnessed this too and made a joke about it but never thought it would be true ...

One time we went out for BBT in Richmond. My friend ordered a beef rice but the girl said they were sold out. Too bad for him so we just got drinks and started playing Big 2. Then a little while later this big table across from us leaves and I just so happen to glance over, on the table there's about 4-5 half empty rice bowls... thought nothing of it .. back to my card game.

The waitress cleans up that table.. then, 5 minutes later the waitress comes back to us and says "Hi there, did you still want to order the beef rice? We have enough for 1 order" ...

We just stared at her and shook our heads..... like WTF?!?!

You come to your own conclusions...

Spoiler!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTSHOTKEN View Post
come on ... don't be wimps ... name the BBT places!! There's SO many out there so it's better we go to the right ones!

Okok here's a small hint, it's one of the few, if not the only place you can still smoke (shows you how clean/sanitary/health conscious they are

"Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if tomorrow will be your last." ~ James Dean

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." ~ Ferdinand Porsche

There is no substitute.

History
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
1986 Toyota AE86 頭文字 (イニシャル) D
2000 Porsche 996
2015 Cayman S
Current
2017 Boxter 718

Last edited by Obsideon; 09-04-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:16 PM   #167
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
Hospitals: Pray that if you ever have to go to one, you don't go during a stat holiday or even the weekend, there's usually not enough staff to provide good care.

Because of the union, we have people working who should not be working. These dumb asses make over $30/hr but have no clue how to do their job and they've been doing the job for 10-20 years. They often make serious mistakes that can affect patient care, but because of the union, you can't fire them, you just have to keep giving them easy jobs that they can handle, yet pay them at the same rate.

I work in health care and I just shake my head when people in this industry bitch and complain that the government isn't putting enough money into health care yet I see tons of BS waste/misuse occuring in our health care system.

Last edited by IMASA; 09-04-2008 at 12:20 PM.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:24 PM   #168
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoonWork View Post
In Richmond at least, the basic employees are richer than the high class employees. How often do you see a sales rep driving a Porsche Cayenne S to work while the manager drives a corolla? The fobs have big family incomes, while the manager works his way up alone.
Porsche Cayenne S = cheap crap ... cheap wannabe crap (edit: of a porsche. it's a shitty, ugly, inexpensive. it's kind of like getting a '80s ferrari just so you can say "i drive a ferrari" or in this case "i drive a porche")

Last edited by MegaMx; 09-04-2008 at 06:18 PM.
MegaMx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:00 PM   #169
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
tbh, i expect ppl to steal my change when i get my car detailed. not saying its right, obviously its not, but if i want to keep my change i'll take a look under my seats before i turn my car into a detailer. everyone knows that lot guys, detailers, etc... take what they find.
I just took my car to get it serviced and mazda stole my baseball cap.
Just a simple plain cap that I had planned to take it to an embroidery store to get something done on it. No big loss, but someone stole it or just took it out of the car for no good reason and forgot to put it back in the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
heres a little story..
my coworker rented a car from hertz once and forgot his sunglasses and digital camera in the glovebox. he called in the next day after he flew back to van, and they said there was nothing in the glove when he returned the car. he said he didnt care about the camera, he just wanted his memory card back that was full of pics of his 2yr old kid. eventually they "found" the camera and mailed it back.. lol
lol... somehow, they "found" the memory stick, but not the camera, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMx View Post
Porsche Cayenne S = cheap crap ... cheap wannabe crap
cheap crap wannabe of what?
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:18 PM   #170
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,782 Times in 977 Posts
Quote:
I would love to hear other peoples thoughts on your weak sauce argument...
You really don't, because you will realize that you're ignorant, and naive. You're a petty thief that lives a sad existence stealing from others. One dollar or ten, it doesn't matter.

And stop saying 'Berz out.' It makes you look like a bigger tool than everyone already knows you are.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #171
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,438 Times in 981 Posts
^took me a while to realize that 'berz out' wasnt part of his sig
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:59 PM   #172
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
And stop saying 'Berz out.' It makes you look like a bigger tool than everyone already knows you are.
It was fun for a while though. Where is that good ol' thread again?
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:13 PM   #173
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,577 Times in 4,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
It was fun for a while though. Where is that good ol' thread again?
are you talking about this recently?

http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...412427&page=56
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:39 PM   #174
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
HAHA That was the most pathetic arguement I have ever heard. The fact that you can try to compare you taking your car for detailing and the guy that is detailing the car picking up 50cents off your floor and putting it in his pocket instead of sucking it up the vaccuum or tossing it in the garbage to Keying someones car and breaking in and stealing a stereo proves you should probably take more money out for student loans cuz your dumb as fuck.

Makes senses, right? No it makes no sense and your a fucktard for even thinking it does. I would love to hear other peoples thoughts on your weak sauce argument but that would take this thread off base.

Berz out.
How old are you? 12?
SlySi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-04-2008, 02:47 PM   #175
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,684 Posts
Oh Jeez, I didn't bother reading pages 2, 3, or 4 in my earlier post.
Then I came back and realized there was some FC-ing happening (how the hell did FC break loose in a thread like this), so I backtracked and read the rest of the pages. lol

Quote:
I don't know what your talking about the twoony on the floor under the seat must have gotten sucked up the vaccuum. If your stupid enough to take a car to get cleaned and detailed and leave money on the floor under the seat thats your problem. I call it a reward for a job well done. You cant expect kids making minimum wage at a shit job like to NOT take the 50 cents or whatever they find on the floor. Get a grip.

Berz out.
I don't really want to take any sides, but I couldn't help but realized you just admited you have a shit job making minimum wage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmaster TSE View Post
its fun to question them when your bored

them: would you like to donate
me: no
them: oh, ok, thanks
me: wait, thats how you try to sell me, your doing it all wrong
Lol, reminds me of what happen today when I was at Canadian Tire.
Some old fobbish lady in her 30s came up to me (and other customers throughout the store) saying, "Good morning, would you like to sign up for *blah blah blah*" The point is, it was 1:30pm in the afternoon. haha, come on, no one's gonna take her seriously if she can't even distinguish between morning and afternoon.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote