REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:39 PM   #176
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
are you talking about this recently?

http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...412427&page=56
No, but it was the same phenomenon. It was in off-topic and went on longer.
Advertisement
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:13 PM   #177
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

the pho hoa in richmond across landsdowne reuses the soup
my friend's friends with the owner there and he was talking to him int he back and he saw a big ass bucket and a drain on top and they just dump all the left overs over it and the soup gets drained into the bucket to get reboiled again, that's why when you go eat pho the later the day, the more tasty the soup

Last edited by razy; 09-04-2008 at 04:14 PM.
razy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-04-2008, 04:18 PM   #178
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
If someone gives me the wrong change I'm going back to the store to make it right. It isn't about being holier then thou I'm just a strong believer in Karma and you get what you give.
Good_KarMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:28 PM   #179
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadZuki View Post
you're a petty, pathetic thief, and that's all there is to it.

Go back to stealing your quarters and hope to god you get busted you little chump fuckward. As for being dumb as fuck...at least I earn an honest living and always have. I put my ass through university and got me a career, all the while you were swiping quarters from old ladies. You're as valuable as the dogshit stuck to the sole of my shoe.

Offroad out.
The shit job was when I was 17 lol I'm 33 now so do the math. If you want to continue this discussion I urge you to take it to PM this is not FC and I am not a "little scumbag" Your comments were completely uncalled for and I digressed to your immature level. See you in PM's

Berz out.
Berzerker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:37 PM   #180
2010 RS Top Food Critic Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by razy View Post
my friend's friends with the owner there and he was talking to him int he back and he saw a big ass bucket and a drain on top and they just dump all the left overs over it and the soup gets drained into the bucket to get reboiled again, that's why when you go eat pho the later the day, the more tasty the soup
ooook.......gag.
K-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:47 PM   #181
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
The shit job was when I was 17 lol I'm 33 now so do the math. If you want to continue this discussion I urge you to take it to PM this is not FC and I am not a "little scumbag" Your comments were completely uncalled for and I digressed to your immature level. See you in PM's

Berz out.
LOL 33?! That's embarrassing dude. You hardly sound 13. Nothing personal, just from what I read.

"Berz out." ... sounds like what some little kid would type at a LAN station playing Counterstrike.

- Obs OUT!

"Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if tomorrow will be your last." ~ James Dean

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." ~ Ferdinand Porsche

There is no substitute.

History
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
1986 Toyota AE86 頭文字 (イニシャル) D
2000 Porsche 996
2015 Cayman S
Current
2017 Boxter 718

Last edited by Obsideon; 09-04-2008 at 04:48 PM. Reason: OBS OUT!
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-04-2008, 04:51 PM   #182
My homepage has been set to RS

^^

33 yr old virgin
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:53 PM   #183
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
The only thing thats "Always Fresh" at tim hortons is the coffee
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:56 PM   #184
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,574 Times in 4,294 Posts
Berz you must be one of the most immature comments by a 33 yr old I have ever seen. You still think it's a joke when it's not. You should of said in the past I can't believe I stole change from peoples vehicles like that. But your just playing it like it's a big joke.

The funny thing it that your getting pissed that were calling you out about it. When most of us are pissed cause does that happen to us when we get are cars delailed. If you don't get when were reacting to your comments you really should go get your head checked out cause your fricken loopy.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-04-2008, 05:00 PM   #185
Ricer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
LOL 33?! That's embarrassing dude. You hardly sound 13. Nothing personal, just from what I read.

"Berz out." ... sounds like what some little kid would type at a LAN station playing Counterstrike.

- Obs OUT!

Actually thats exactly where its from. Starting doing it 10+ years ago playing CS... Now its just what I do. Why does it seem to bother people so much? lol.

Berz out.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:06 PM   #186
Ricer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Berz you must be one of the most immature comments by a 33 yr old I have ever seen. You still think it's a joke when it's not. You should of said in the past I can't believe I stole change from peoples vehicles like that. But your just playing it like it's a big joke.

The funny thing it that your getting pissed that were calling you out about it. When most of us are pissed cause does that happen to us when we get are cars delailed. If you don't get when were reacting to your comments you really should go get your head checked out cause your fricken loopy.
The part I find amusing is that you all seem to care so much about change that YOU left on your floor. I never said the people that work there steal from the ashtray or the change compartment or anything else in the car. Change on the floor is simply considered "Garbage" Garbage is cleaned up.

How is what I said anything even close to immature? Also when did I say I thought it was a joke? I was simply amused at how off the handle a certain poster went. I am not pissed about anyone saying I stole or anything but when you make personal comments like "piece of shit" and the like.. yea I take it personal. All I can say is its easy to talk shit over the interweb. PM me for more details this doesn't belong in this thread.

Berz out.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:20 PM   #187
RS controls my life!

not picking sides or anything, but i wouldnt care if a lot boy took the toonie i left under my seat as long as they properly cleaned my vehicle. Finding change is dopeeee.

Rs feedback!
NJMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:26 PM   #188
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

STOP

Lets keep the thread on the interesting topic it was =D

Hmmm

Don't buy Hot'n'Readys at Little Caesars. Sure they are hot, sure they are ready, but they were under a lamp and ready for about 2 hours. It's better if you get one and they say "Oh we are all out can you wait 2 mins plz " Dont say I THOUGHT IT WAS SOPOSED TO BE READY! Because this way, its much better for you, trust me

Little Caesars delivery drivers dont get payed per hour 3$ a delivery + tips = rip off

worked there like ..3 years ago >>

Last edited by Dan_Guy; 09-04-2008 at 05:26 PM.
Dan_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:26 PM   #189
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
The part I find amusing is that you all seem to care so much about change that YOU left on your floor. I never said the people that work there steal from the ashtray or the change compartment or anything else in the car. Change on the floor is simply considered "Garbage" Garbage is cleaned up.

How is what I said anything even close to immature? Also when did I say I thought it was a joke? I was simply amused at how off the handle a certain poster went. I am not pissed about anyone saying I stole or anything but when you make personal comments like "piece of shit" and the like.. yea I take it personal. All I can say is its easy to talk shit over the interweb. PM me for more details this doesn't belong in this thread.

Berz out.
I agree with you 110%
I uesd to work at a detailing shop as well..and honestly..the change you have UNDERNEATH your seat you probably dont even know about it yourself. It's not like he went aorund taking $ out of your change compartment.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:31 PM   #190
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,574 Times in 4,294 Posts
the girlfriend worked at ABC on school house and the biggest issue they have is majour rat issues all over the kitchen. They were even shut down awhile ago because of the rat issue and that didn't even solve it.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:41 PM   #191
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

peppironi is the worst sausage you can eat - its the left overs from everything else + spices. and everything else has been everywhere ( floor etc.)
Dan_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:13 PM   #192
Rev
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Back on track...

Banner ads:
Yeah, definitely 90% rip offs like Jason mentioned. Unless you're talking Adwords/AdSense, it's really difficult to put a price quote on some of these things... worst yet some sites even refuse to provide webstats and clickthrough rates, etc. I remember running shell websites with AllAdvantage macro-mouse scripts that would move it and reload F5 after each modem reconnect, $5/hr per machine from Click2Net / Doubleclick ads : )

Telemarketing:
1 summer in HS, wow what an eye opening experience - Vancouver Sun, Province, National Post, US MAgazines, you name it. $9/hr + commission. Think Boiler Room and Gleneagle = pep talk at beginning of most days and training that involved reading scripts and unethical selling tactics that include making up names of your company, your name, your background - all just to get that credit card number. Shady druggies, people struggling to make ends meet with sob stories were getting fired left and right - funny enough I was offered a promotion to trainer... glad I chose gr.12 instead though! Stay in school kids!

Banks & Credit Cards : Fraud alert is ultra sensitive these days of online gambling and e-commerce - money's tight even for VISA, gone are the days of $50 gas write offs if you forgot you filled up in say... Langley and you lived downtown. Rack it up often and your blemished card might just keep you entertained as you get declined and embarassed when you buy a bag of M&M's.

Each card has a limit and record history of past reversals - sometimes a new card will work better as most managers won't bother to check other cards in existance (or are unable due to different brands, etc). Think time-return on these things - is it worth another 20 mins of their time over $20 of interest charges?

From time to time you get a nice CSR on the phone though he might help you waive some interests. When in doubt, say you paid at the bank (on Sat) and thought it was a business day. When in doubt - ask for supervisor/manager who will likely have a bit more room re: reversal $ amounts.

Branch:
Nickel and dimes service fees will eventually eat away at your account - PC Financial's accounts are free and would be a wise one to use for daily IMO. In some cases their saving rates are even better - just make sure you stay below $100k CDIC limit (just in case! Dont think too many on RS are in danger of this...)

Service fees CAN be reversed despite what people think. All up to your account manager / advisor IMO. It's nice to know people at the branch for sure, keep in touch with your univ buddies, chances are a few are at banks

Exceptions are always possible. Money talks bull$hit walks - the VIP's get paid parking, babysat on their bill payments, interest reversals, etc. Customer's always right indeed.

Price shop on interest rate esp on loans and mortgages when you're talking bigger amounts say $300k+. Chances are there's a commission hungry broker that will compete with their own company's business (brokers are paid commission flat only... they can care less if a branch loses a sale to him/her). This could easily save you tens of thousands over life of the mtg.

Finance/Brokers:
Choose your brokers wisely - just cuz the last IPO did well doesn't mean it's always good... do your research (and I mean on b/g of management, past projects, etc), dont rely on glossy brochures. After all, they only heard the CEO pitch the company for half an hour over free catering service, why not? Remember either way they make 5-10% of the amount you invested if you buy OR sell - make them work for it.

Alot more, but hope some were helpful
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:22 PM   #193
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post

cheap crap wannabe of what?
of a porsche. it's like getting a '80s ferrari so you can say "i drive a ferrari" in this case a porsche. there's a reason why there's not that many of them on the road and its not the price, it's that they tried to make it a sporty suv and all they ended up doing is failing at the sporty and failing at the suv part. it's a ugly, ineffective sport/suv hybrid

IMO (most likely not shared by all)
MegaMx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:45 PM   #194
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,782 Times in 977 Posts
The password on all London Drugs computers is 'louie', after Tong Louie, the guy who bought LD to turn it into the chain it is today.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:47 PM   #195
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

telus mobility call centers pay time and a half every sunday
koodo is telus
telus has the cheepest plans then any other company, also trying to partner up with bell to build there own gsm towers.
rubencruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:49 PM   #196
Cool beans bro

Thanked 1,053 Times in 231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
The password on all London Drugs computers is 'louie', after Tong Louie, the guy who bought LD to turn it into the chain it is today.
Are you talking about the computers that the employees use to check prices and info? If so, you're wrong.
JordanLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:40 PM   #197
Circle Stick Square Mod

^^ hes talking about the computers in the computer section probably.....i always try to guess the password, but not anymore! whahaha

91 240sx (Sold)
86 FC3S (Sold)
99 Civic

!Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:02 PM   #198
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

T&T supermarket
- don't buy discount meat/ snacks/cookies, if they are expired, the date from original manufacturer will be rubbed off with rubbing alcohol or a special solvent. The only safe thing to buy is the magazine from taiwan.
- don't eat the chinese dish (cow stomach), the same thing u see on a pho noodle bowl sometimes, it's been bleached with laundary bleach to give it a whiter color.

Other supermarket
- don't buy frozen shrimp, most of the packaged shrimps were being soaked with ice water. If your buying a 2 lb shrimps, there's actually only half of the shrimp u paid for.
- don't buy hot or prepared food from supermarkets, there's more rats than food in the kitchen.
BEEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:43 PM   #199
Ubereem Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by razy View Post
this is...nasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEB View Post
T&T supermarket
- don't buy discount meat/ snacks/cookies, if they are expired, the date from original manufacturer will be rubbed off with rubbing alcohol or a special solvent. The only safe thing to buy is the magazine from taiwan.
- don't eat the chinese dish (cow stomach), the same thing u see on a pho noodle bowl sometimes, it's been bleached with laundary bleach to give it a whiter color.

Other supermarket
- don't buy frozen shrimp, most of the packaged shrimps were being soaked with ice water. If your buying a 2 lb shrimps, there's actually only half of the shrimp u paid for.
- don't buy hot or prepared food from supermarkets, there's more rats than food in the kitchen.

myth then fact in this one.

Last edited by Gt-R R34; 09-04-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:06 PM   #200
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Back on track...

Banks & Credit Cards : Fraud alert is ultra sensitive these days of online gambling and e-commerce - money's tight even for VISA, gone are the days of $50 gas write offs if you forgot you filled up in say... Langley and you lived downtown. Rack it up often and your blemished card might just keep you entertained as you get declined and embarassed when you buy a bag of M&M's.

Each card has a limit and record history of past reversals - sometimes a new card will work better as most managers won't bother to check other cards in existance (or are unable due to different brands, etc). Think time-return on these things - is it worth another 20 mins of their time over $20 of interest charges?

From time to time you get a nice CSR on the phone though he might help you waive some interests. When in doubt, say you paid at the bank (on Sat) and thought it was a business day. When in doubt - ask for supervisor/manager who will likely have a bit more room re: reversal $ amounts.

Branch:
Nickel and dimes service fees will eventually eat away at your account - PC Financial's accounts are free and would be a wise one to use for daily IMO. In some cases their saving rates are even better - just make sure you stay below $100k CDIC limit (just in case! Dont think too many on RS are in danger of this...)

Service fees CAN be reversed despite what people think. All up to your account manager / advisor IMO. It's nice to know people at the branch for sure, keep in touch with your univ buddies, chances are a few are at banks

Exceptions are always possible. Money talks bull$hit walks - the VIP's get paid parking, babysat on their bill payments, interest reversals, etc. Customer's always right indeed.

Price shop on interest rate esp on loans and mortgages when you're talking bigger amounts say $300k+. Chances are there's a commission hungry broker that will compete with their own company's business (brokers are paid commission flat only... they can care less if a branch loses a sale to him/her). This could easily save you tens of thousands over life of the mtg.

Finance/Brokers:
Choose your brokers wisely - just cuz the last IPO did well doesn't mean it's always good... do your research (and I mean on b/g of management, past projects, etc), dont rely on glossy brochures. After all, they only heard the CEO pitch the company for half an hour over free catering service, why not? Remember either way they make 5-10% of the amount you invested if you buy OR sell - make them work for it.

Alot more, but hope some were helpful
Cred cards -if you get caught (its very unlikely, it's considered fraud), and if you try reverses that seem fishy they will write a comment on your acct. so best not to do stuff thats too fishy.
But always get a CC thats right for u, cause $120/.yr in fees is not worth it.

Branch -- what he said about lower rates applies to people that have $$ - like LOTS of it. bank employees hate guys that come in to get fees reversed when they have no money and no added business to the bank. especially when they are at fault for the fees (ie. it's not the banks fault you had no money in your account when your loan was due and therefore you have late charges, you are responsible for that)

You can get free accounts at the major banks if you go with your grandma - anyone whose over 60, and make a joint account with her/him cause old people get free chq accounts. Down side of this is if your grandma kicks the bucket then you get stuck and your accounts frozen in the estate, and your grandfolks can legally take your money from your acct if they want.

for investment brokers/ financial planners : make sure your broker is educated and knows what hes doing. there are tonnes of brokers that are dumbasses and just have a really nice voice/sales pitch and really knows nothing about the markets and will put you into a "Managed product, ie - a managed mutual fund, or WRAP". these products are not as great cause they are a fund of funds, and you are nailed on the MERs like mad(expense ratios, dont really want to get into discribing what it is).

if you know anything about investments, you'ld go to a Investment Executive, Investment Advisor(same thing) at like Nesbitt burns, CIBC wood gundy, Dominion securities etc over a financial planner.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote