REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 10-15-2011, 04:39 PM   #476
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

rs are whippier than rated. if i were u, id find myself a prostock stick
Advertisement
True.True is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:24 PM   #477
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
6'tree", 220. I played half a year in the bchl - defense, until I decided to get a real job I enjoy. Now I play rec/military hockey which is about junior B level without hitting. The 110 flex is awesome for snap shots, just a little flex and BAM! Off the glass behind the goalie.

Not too many reviews yet of the Easton RS yet.
if you ask Alex Edler how those sticks are he would tell you not to waste your time lol... He has gone through 5 in the 2 games I have watched, and who knows how many in practice.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:33 PM   #478
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
6'tree", 220. I played half a year in the bchl - defense, until I decided to get a real job I enjoy. Now I play rec/military hockey which is about junior B level without hitting. The 110 flex is awesome for snap shots, just a little flex and BAM! Off the glass behind the goalie.

Haha. That makes perfect sense then.
Played with an RS Stealth today when I was waiting at Cyclone. Nice looking stick.
It did feel flexier than what it was rated as when comparing to what I remember of my S17.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:14 AM   #479
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Did my analysis at Base today. Ronning set me up with a 75 SR flex and a Sakic curve with a lie 6. I must say, for the time spent with him, he helped a lot with correcting my form(all from bad habits) gave quite a few tips. From the moment he stepped into the camera room, he was already joking with me and throughout the whole process, but he was very serious when it came to giving me shooting tips. He also showed me a couple practice/shooting drills for me to practice my form on, ones that apparently Brett Hull used to do a lot. I thought I had decent form but after seeng me on camera, what an eye opener! haha. Overall, good experience, even got an autographed picture from him! Also FYI, it's free to go there and try out their sticks, they have quite a few for demo, just bring yoru skates and gloves but of course if you want an anaylsis done, that would be a charge.
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:52 AM   #480
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
Did my analysis at Base today. Ronning set me up with a 75 SR flex and a Sakic curve with a lie 6. I must say, for the time spent with him, he helped a lot with correcting my form(all from bad habits) gave quite a few tips. From the moment he stepped into the camera room, he was already joking with me and throughout the whole process, but he was very serious when it came to giving me shooting tips. He also showed me a couple practice/shooting drills for me to practice my form on, ones that apparently Brett Hull used to do a lot. I thought I had decent form but after seeng me on camera, what an eye opener! haha. Overall, good experience, even got an autographed picture from him! Also FYI, it's free to go there and try out their sticks, they have quite a few for demo, just bring yoru skates and gloves but of course if you want an anaylsis done, that would be a charge.
I remember when they first opened, the analysis would be free if you bought a stick with them... Then they started to charge something like 50 bucks... Now it is 150? Anyways, it is worth doing once so you know what flex, lie you are "supposed" to use, and also other things with your form you can tweak.

Cliff must be making a ton of money from minor hockey parents. This type of technology was non existent for kids before he came. Good on him.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:54 AM   #481

Not surprised he's upped the price after the introductory offers they had when they first came out. Those two cameras weren't cheap!
Old 10-16-2011, 10:48 AM   #482
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

word... the balance of the stick is also noticeably different on the high end sticks as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
u may or may not benefit from it.. BUT I am warning you now, if you go high end, you will never be able to go back... So be prepared to be spending 200 bucks on sticks for life lol. Your low ened NB stick will seem like a 20 lb dumbbell after you play with the high end sticks
dim_sum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #483

+1 for doing a session at Base Hockey. I did it when it was still $50 and that was a bargain! Lots of very useful info that helped tweak my shots. For $150 now it may seem a bit steep, but I would say it is still worth it.
Posted via RS Mobile
Wilso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:08 PM   #484
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Haha. That makes perfect sense then.
Played with an RS Stealth today when I was waiting at Cyclone. Nice looking stick.
It did feel flexier than what it was rated as when comparing to what I remember of my S17.
How much are the RS'ss'ss at Cyclone?
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:45 PM   #485

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
I remember when they first opened, the analysis would be free if you bought a stick with them... Then they started to charge something like 50 bucks... Now it is 150? Anyways, it is worth doing once so you know what flex, lie you are "supposed" to use, and also other things with your form you can tweak.

Cliff must be making a ton of money from minor hockey parents. This type of technology was non existent for kids before he came. Good on him.
Well, he does own a 2012? E550 Cabrio. I'd say he's doing a pretty good job. But yeah, it's $150 now for analysis. I think it's a bit steep, but consider his dedication to hockey all his life and all his experience and now he's able to offer his knowledge to the general public, not to mention 1 on 1 crash course on shooting, and his camera setup, it sure isn't going to be free for long..lol.

So for the guys who've down it already, what did they have to say about your form? My pro's from Cliff was my startup form to midway form is bang on, but once the puck starts to leave my blade to my follow through needs work..lol. His whatever shots were my best shots, my gf thought that was pretty funny. lol.
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:52 PM   #486
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
Quote:

I'm 6'0 and my s19 was cut a little, so it was at about 100-105 flex... I would guess at 6'3 yours is the equiv. of a 90 flex? Go pro stock mang.
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:47 PM   #487

how much does a stick and the analysis come out to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
Old 10-19-2011, 12:29 AM   #488

$150 for the shooting analysis. Sticks are $155 for a Senior. They offer quantity discounts if you buy more than 1.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:23 AM   #489
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
I'm 6'0 and my s19 was cut a little, so it was at about 100-105 flex... I would guess at 6'3 yours is the equiv. of a 90 flex? Go pro stock mang.
What? I'm using an un-cut, non-extended 110flex stick. I'll try the pro stock.
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #490

Anyone know of shops that will sell pro stock pants? I picked up a Easton lower on eBay and I'm looking for an upper to go with it so I don't have to keep swapping my Tackla ones in.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #491
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Hey guys, whats the best way to get the hockey gear smell outta goalie equipment? Gear is already aired out and cleaned every so and then, theres still a terrible smell in the gear, my hand would smell like the glove and blocker for a couple hours after the game. You could probably smell the gear from a good 2-3 meters away.

Any tips or tricks?
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:54 PM   #492
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
Hey guys, whats the best way to get the hockey gear smell outta goalie equipment? Gear is already aired out and cleaned every so and then, theres still a terrible smell in the gear, my hand would smell like the glove and blocker for a couple hours after the game. You could probably smell the gear from a good 2-3 meters away.

Any tips or tricks?
have you tried purell for your hands after to disinfect them? For my goalie stuff, the gloves are almost impossible to clean properly, so i wear batting gloves or football gloves to prevent the stink from transferring.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:20 PM   #493

^Hmm, i wash my hands after playing but not hand sanitizer.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:30 PM   #494

How do you dry your catcher? Do you un-do all of the velcro straps and open it up?
Old 10-22-2011, 09:37 PM   #495

I just hang em up outside, don't really undo any straps or anything. I think some of the smell is accumulated when the gear is stuffed inside the bag and left when i dont remember or dont have time to take and air it out. Smells really nasty right now.

Febreeze doesnt work.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:19 PM   #496
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Try sticking dryer sheets into your glove
alanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:58 AM   #497

As soon as your gear starts to smell it's pretty much done. You might be able to get rid of it temporarily but it will come back.

When I first started I just hung my catcher upside down and the inside would still be damp the next morning. Now I always open it up so it can breathe.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:54 PM   #498

anybody know where i can get a rbk 5k helmet? it seems like its only sold on the european market. its pretty much a jofa helmet.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:16 PM   #499
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
Reebok 5K Hockey Helmet
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:36 PM   #500

oh wtf... not that one... i was looking for one of these:

Slapshot Hockey Reebok Helmets

i guess i could order one from europe and ship it over but it'd be too rich for my blood hahah