REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #726
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
Yea..I decided to pick up the revoke 7000s for 300 dollars. It's just my first pair of pads, so hopefully I will upgrade when I get better in net. and I'm going to use them mostly for roller hockey and maybe ice hockey once and awhile. Thanks so much to the goalies on RS for providing me some tips and advice
Advertisement
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2012, 11:30 PM   #727
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
S17 is garbage. I'd pick the S13 over that. Its heavy and very narrow and it hurts the back of my head. The only helmet I came across with side adjustment is the easton E700/600. But the real shipment for most shops is 1-3 months away. But I hear you! I spent 2 weeks trying on helmets after my stitches came out.
Posted via RS Mobile
E700 has been out for a while now. You're probably thinking about the E600.

The top end RBK helmets (8k, 11k) had a pseudo-side-to-side adjustment, but it tightened around your head, as opposed to squishing it on the sides.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #728
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Your right, E700 is out for awhile, I meant to say the E600 shipment will be a few months away. The E600's in stores right now were sent by mistake by Easton, which all the shops admitted to. Although Easton told retailers to not put it on the floor till May, pretty much all the shops put them on the floor anyway. The 11K is pretty comfy with adjustments that work, but the
8K adjustment is pretty useless as it tightens front/back and left/right all at once, which makes it more uncomfortable. They should have made it independant adjustments instead.
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:17 PM   #729
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
I'm going to pick up an eddy gt2 mask tomorrow, anyone with insight on this mask? Is it a decent beginners mask?
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:17 PM   #730
Need to Seek Professional Help

I had the eddy gt helmet for almost six years and it has been pretty much foolproof for me with the exception of a bent non-certified cats eye cage. The padding does feel more confortable compare to mine. For the price, it was definately worth it over the midgrade itech helmets which I previously had.
Posted via RS Mobile
supaflyTS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2012, 03:01 AM   #731

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
I'm going to pick up an eddy gt2 mask tomorrow, anyone with insight on this mask? Is it a decent beginners mask?
Assuming it fits, the Eddy will be much better than many of the price point masks from the bigger brands like RBK or Bauer.

Did you consider Hackva as well? I am wearing one right now (they only make one model, the 2608.) It has a full layer of kevlar and carbon rather than being reinforced just at the forehead and chin areas. It's slightly more expensive than the Eddy but it's still in the same ball park.

Hackva also offers a lifetime warranty on the shell. That's how much they stand behind their product.

The only knock on Hackva is it does weigh more than some other masks on the market because of all the reinforcements it has. It's not really a huge issue for me though. It's the best bang for the buck mask IMO.

Larry's and The Hockey Shop both carry it locally.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:16 AM   #732
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
The hackva is a real beauty. The exposed weave is so sexy, like an old school cf hood.
I would be running one, if it fit my head. They fit narrow heads much better which is sad for me because its a great piece of equipment.

I run an Eddy GT Ultimate now and its a great mask. Sightlinest are great and it takes a hit from a puck like a champ.

Far better than the 1201 I was using. They call that mask a widowmaker for a reason...

On a side note, I tried to buy a Mage from sportmask, like Tim Thomas runs, but it only fits small, round heads like Timmy has.

Hockey shop in Surrey is having a sale. My GT was $50 off,iirc.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:24 AM   #733
they call me the snowman

Since I'm here and my photobucket is open, i might as well post some more.

I snagged a new mitt from the hockey shop too. It was a greag replacement for my 15 year old Heaton.

And why did I buy so much new equipment?
Because this guy was shooting on me.

This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #734

So are you going to tell us the background story?
Old 03-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #735
Banned (ABWS)

lol at the size of his legs.

hockey players > all.
wreckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #736
they call me the snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckless View Post
lol at the size of his legs.
Those legs are like tree trunks!
My pads are 11" wide NHL spec, and his thighs are pretty damn close in size. He admits that his body is a temple, and his office. He hits the gym on days off, doesn't drink or smoke, and basically lives super clean. For him, another year in the NHL can mean another couple million in the bank.

He opened the throttle a couple times and was explosive, easily beating any of the parents on the team, many of whom still play, and a pair who played major junior. But his power was apparent when he stopped. It was like a snowblower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
So are you going to tell us the background story?
Haha, no worries.
Our other coach does business with a number of canucks and asked Booth to come out and skate. Booth said that as a kid he met Fedorov and Yzerman and it c hanged his life. So now he tries to do it as often as he can. For a yank, he is a good guy, although he did accidentally knock down our star player giving him a nasty charlie horse. The boy was pissed.
:
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #737
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
cyclone taylors is such a joke, limited inventory and overpriced on virtually everything

shoulda just went to hockey shop instead of wasting my time :/

looking for a new bag and gloves
Old 03-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #738
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
cyclone taylors is such a joke, limited inventory and overpriced on virtually everything

shoulda just went to hockey shop instead of wasting my time :/

looking for a new bag and gloves
i'd suggest the warrior pro bag. lightweight and built like a tank!

i've had the costco rbk specials and grit tower bag, and after this warrior bag, im never getting a wheeled bag ever again.
True.True is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2012, 05:06 PM   #739

costco eh, what is their selection like?

i hate the stupid grit bag
Old 03-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #740
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Check sports exchange in Van. They had some nice Easton pro bags when I was there for cheap.
Posted via RS Mobile
Kilinim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:31 AM   #741
UFO

I've been rocking a Costco special for the past 3 years, the older blue Rbk wheeled bag. It's built sturdy, and no complaints aside from how big the bag is. I'd prefer a slightly shorter bag that was a big taller so its footprint in the car is not as big.

The more recent red Costco bags have been pretty weak. They are flimsier and built with lighter material that's probably less durable. Still the same $60
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #742
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

go to the hockeyshop in surrey or order online for

easton EQ40 its like $50

they ran out when i was there and had EQ50. the manager gave it to me discounted since he had two of them for some reason that got mixed into the order.
trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #743
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

gritbag no good? i have been wanting one
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:56 AM   #744

Although I never had a grit bag, they look pretty well built but they are so gay. Try sitting next to a guy with one. It takes up so much space especially in the smaller change rooms. Might not be so bad during roller but with 13 guys for an ice team....well, you can imagine.
Posted via RS Mobile
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #745

The gayness factor is what turns me off the grit bags, I'm sure they are of good quality
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #746
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Grit bag is nice if you have a small apartment and can't layout all your gear to dry. But its just so cumbersome and barely fits my trunk
Posted via RS Mobile
True.True is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #747
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
Warrior Pro Bag ftw.

I got mine off hockeymonkey.
cdizzle_996 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:36 PM   #748
they call me the snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by True.True View Post
Grit bag is nice if you have a small apartment and can't layout all your gear to dry. But its just so cumbersome and barely fits my trunk
Posted via RS Mobile
That's really the only negative with the grit bag. My buddy has one and it's a pain to fit in the vehicle. Its pretty awesome for gear management though, gayness factor aside. His gear is clean and easy to inventory and maintain. He never forgets an elbow pad or something stupid, because everything has its place.

But what do I know?
Goalies take up a shit ton of space anyway.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:25 AM   #749

I'm using an old Costco-special Team Canada 40" bag for my goalie gear and a pro stock Manitoba Moose bag for my player gear. No wheels on either... I'll stop playing once I can't muster the strength to carry my own bag from the house to/from car and from the car to/from rink.

I'm only 140lbs and I'm a stick. If I can carry my goalie gear into the arena with no wheels... most players should be able to too. The only two groups of people that can get away with wheel bags are goalies and girls.

There's really no real reason why you'd need a Grit bag. They take up way too much space, hard to fit into most cars and they're expensive.

Equipment trees are one of the best things you can invest in. I just open up my equipment bag, stand the tree and then hang all of my gear on it.

I've freed up a little more space as of late and I'm using one of these instead: http://www.oppictures.com/singleimag...5279BL_1_1.JPG

As for forgetting pieces of gear, I always pack my bag ahead of time and I pack it exactly the same way every single time so I can see immediately what's missing.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:44 AM   #750
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
That's really the only negative with the grit bag. My buddy has one and it's a pain to fit in the vehicle. Its pretty awesome for gear management though, gayness factor aside. His gear is clean and easy to inventory and maintain. He never forgets an elbow pad or something stupid, because everything has its place.

But what do I know?
Goalies take up a shit ton of space anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
The gayness factor is what turns me off the grit bags, I'm sure they are of good quality
Posted via RS Mobile
Noob question, but what do you guys mean by gayness factor?
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote