REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #7476
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Poor Mavs, They were the champ

Turn around so fast.

According to HoopsHype - NBA Salaries - Dallas Mavericks they have like 7 players under contracts. Are they cleaning the house?
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #7477
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
If the Lakers don't run the pick-and-roll between Pau and Nash AT LEAST 50% of the times up the court, they are just putting him to waste. And as I said before, they also need an athletic, knock-down shooter at the 3-spot....it doesn't have to be a stud...just someone who can shoot the 3 and cut to the hoop.

Steve Nash said in an interview Thursday that he has already talked to Lakers coach Mike Brown about calling his own plays and running the offense for the Lakers.
Many folks think Kobe Bryant may have the ball in his hands too much for Nash to lead the league in assists this season, but it's important to remember that Kobe's never played with a great point guard, either. Nash went on to say that he hasn't decided on what number he'll wear (13 is retired) and that he'll do whatever he can to recruit Grant Hill to the Lakers. So far, things are going pretty well for Nash in his new city.
I guess time will tell. I agree they should have upgraded their SF before hand.

I would have preferred Iguodala or Deng (forgot if he was if FA or not) and a decent pg over nash
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #7478
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Let's get away from all these FA signings, etc.... check out this kid (4th grader!!!).. ankle breaker at 1:12ish

reminds me of CP3 lol... i know he's a kid but damnn.. the speed, the dribbling, the passes, the shot... lol
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-05-2012, 01:56 PM   #7479
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

^ kids throwing one handed passes coordinately very impressive
jaebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #7480
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
A few insiders have a gut feeling that the Pacers will not match Portland's 4-year, $59-million offer to restricted free agent Roy Hibbert.
The Blazers would be ecstatic to get Hibbert and it would be a big blow to the Pacers, and the Pacers would probably go after Hornets free agent Chris Kaman if they choose not to pay Hibbert. It still makes sense for the Pacers to match the offer, as long as Hibbert's heart isn't already in Portland.

Allen will meet with the Heat today, and all indications are that he will play with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade in Miami next season. The Celtics are also still in the running for Allen, but it sounds like the Heat might close the deal tonight.

Unrestricted free agent forward Rashard Lewis is set to visit the Heat this week.
Lewis' previous contract was one of the worst in league history, but if the Heat can snag him on the cheap, it could be a tremendous add. Lewis has been a disaster ever since leaving the Magic, but with less money involved and lower expectations, he could really help a team like Miami. The Hawks and Knicks are also said to be interested in signing Lewis.

The Mavericks, who are stunned at losing Jason Kidd to the Knicks on Thursday, are now said to be targeting free agents Aaron Brooks (restricted), Randy Foye, and possibly Ramon Sessions (both unrestricted).
Both the Mavericks and Rockets have huge holes to fill at point guard, and while the three aforementioned players all have talent, they're not exactly who teams want as a starter running their offense. The Mavericks could be in for a long season.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #7481

Eric Gordon spoke in Las Vegas on Thursday and reiterated that he isn't thrilled about the Hornets matching the offer he received from the Suns.
"Phoenix just showed a lot more interest, overall, and definitely in how they negotiated," Gordon said. "I don't know what New Orleans' plans are for me. There are no negotiations right now...They drafted another shooting guard (Austin Rivers), a combo guard like me, which tells me they have another plan," he continued. The Hornets have declined to comment, but remain committed to matching the Suns' offer. Gordon is going to hear it from the fans if and when he returns to New Orleans, and his plan to force his way out of town might have backfired.

Ray Allen is staying in Miami overnight, as talks with Heat continue.

Last edited by bballguy; 07-05-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #7482
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
lowry/derozan/fields/bargnani/jonas

hoping jonas isnt a bust
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #7483
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Jeremy Lin to rockets for 4 yrs 30mill
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #7484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Jeremy Lin to rockets for 4 yrs 30mill
....seriously?....He signed an offer sheet....not a contract....New York has 3 days to match the offer, which they will.

Gery Woelfel of the Journal Times wrote Thursday that Ersan Ilyasova "wasn't particularly content in Milwaukee last season, and would sign with another team that made a comparable or better offer than the Bucks."
Ilyasova is looking for $10 million per year, and the Bucks have offered between $7-8 million per year. The contentedness issue is not surprising, as Ilyasova was in the news for being unhappy at times during last season. His agent added once again that he was in talks with multiple teams and at least one overseas, and that he expected a decision to be made in the "next 10 days."

Brandon Roy has agreed to a two-year, $10.4 million deal with the Wolves.
If Roy's knee is miraculously rehabbed it will be a heart-warming story, but fans should expect the worst and hope for the best. A 10-15 minute role off the bench is probably perfect, but this offer suggests that the Wolves think he can contribute much, much more. They may be completely crazy, but that's what they did.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #7485
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Linsanity and his buddy laser beam fields both got ridiculous overpaid offersheet.

One isn't consistently proven and one is regressing as a player
Old 07-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #7486

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
Linsanity and his buddy laser beam fields both got ridiculous overpaid offersheet.

One isn't consistently proven and one is regressing as a player
Linsanity will never be overpaid....teams value Lin economically far beyond what he can do on the floor....
This post thanked by:
Old 07-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #7487
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
^ Exactly, getting him to Houston will be a HUGE boost to their sales both in merchandise and tickets considering that Houston has a huge Asian population! (remember Yao Ming?)

Quote:
Last week, The Wall Street Journal was hesitant to credit Lin for MSG’s recent uptick. Instead, the paper noted positive news in the company’s recent 3Q earnings report. But earlier this morning, MSG shares were trading at all-time highs, and several media outlets are saying that “Linsanity” is the reason why. Since Feb. 3, the day before Lin debuted in the Knicks’ starting line-up, MSG shares have risen by more than 11%, easily outpacing growth on the S&P 500.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #7488
Ubereem Mod

Linsanity in a span of a month sold more jerseys then all the players in the NBA except for Kobe during the entire year.

Put that into perspective for Knicks. If he plays back to 80% of linsanity levels. Every asian (me included) will get his jersey.

Not only if gets back to that lvl will he be good, but being an asian. I'm proud of ihow well he's done and will support him
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:06 PM   #7489

and so New York would never let him walk...

From a source with knowledge of Knicks' thinking: "They will match any offer on Lin up to 1 billion dollars"

Last edited by bballguy; 07-05-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #7490

Elton Brand amnestied, Nick Young signs a 1-year $6-mill deal with 76ers, Lou Williams is an UFA and will be a hot pick-up after averaging 15ppg last season without starting a single game.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #7491

LOL NSFW, but this sure looks like like Andris Biedrins getting head in the back seat of a car:

Old 07-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #7492

Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski has implied that the Lakers' recent acquisition of superstar PG Steve Nash could be the final piece needed to lure Dwight Howard to Los Angeles to play for the Lakers as part of a deal including Andrew Bynum going to Orlando.
Woj goes on to say that once the Lakers have Howard's Bird Rights, meaning that no one on the market can pay him more in the summer of 2013, there is no reason for Howard to ever leave. Going to L.A., Howard would get all sorts of maximums: money on his Adidas contract extension, a $100 million playing contract and adoration and adulation in Hollywood. The Nets are still working furiously to get Howard in a Brooklyn uniform for next year, but the Lakers breakdown is detailed more in this link: Steve Nash's arrival could make Dwight Howard also want to join Kobe Bryant, Lakers - Yahoo! Sports
Old 07-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #7493

Ray Allen to the Heat!!!

Old 07-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #7494
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #7495
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts

Shivers,

I wish him well, he did great for the Celtics and hope heats can use him well.

I am still a Boston fan but I love Ray Allen; He is an amazing player and I am happy the "Real" Big 3 won a championship together first.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #7496

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
wow nice ! Shuttlesworth to teh Heat, I gotta say he's gonna blow up next year, think about it, if he could do what he does on the Celts where he only had Rondo feeding him the ball, think about what he can do on the Heat...
Where he will have various big bodies setting screens for him, and if an injured Mike Miller can do what he did in the Finals, think about what Ray can do next year...
Ray Ray can play another few years with the Heat in this system no problem....

And it would be really cool to see Bynum get shipped off to Orlando for Dwight..... Bynum can get out of Kobe's shadow and be the man he always wanted to be, and Dwight can team up with Kobe and Nash to give Thunder and Heat competition
Old 07-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #7497
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Howard for Bynum! That'd make me very happy. The Magic should man up and do it!
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #7498

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ yea I mean at this point that whole organization strikes me as a bunch of desperately naive idiots....

it was obvious from day one Dwight wanted out, and besides even if by some stroke of magic and luck Howard does stay in Orlando, he's not gonna be a happy camper... and why would you want that on your team, serves no purpose whatsoever
Old 07-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #7499
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
holy shit miami got 100x scarier, he fits in with the team like a glove

only team who even stands a chance is the lakers only if they get howard lol
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #7500

The deterioration of Ray Allen's relationship with Rajon Rondo played a significant factor in his leaving for Miami. Doc Rivers had tried to mend Rondo-Allen issues after season, but one team source says, "They were too far gone." Allen was also angry w/ near-trade to Memphis at deadline. Too much acrimony to get past.

Ray Allen considered Pat Riley's presentation the past two days in Miami as "incredible," source says. "They sold him in every way."