REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #9001
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
I said the other month the Royce White shit wouldn't end well cuz he was being very difficult to deal with, and that was me talking shit little bit... I didn't know it was gonna end THIS bad.... it's an absolute first world fucking problem, which is why I have no sympathy whatsoever for the kid

I was all over Facebook posting Nash and Sacre back start of the season, two guys from not just Canada but Vancouver playing together on a team like the Lakers, it's just awesome to see as a Vancouverite. My younger brother remembers playing Sacre in high school numerous times, said Sacre was awkward as fck and had a lot of growing into his body to do, he had no idea how to use his body most of the time, and that was a similar scouting report for him in Gonzaga as well, a big strong specimen who was a weak rebounder for his size.
But I seen all the Laker games he played in start of the season and he looked solid for a big man rookie, he was a little flustered at times but looked good, was hitting the boards, throwing his body around, and hell he was even making a few buckets a game not just putback garbage 'round the hoop types either, I'm talkin like little 10 to 12 foot jumpers.
Gonna be watching tonight's game for sure, I hope he brings it and reps for the City
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #9002
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Looks too raw to me. Asik will just destroy him....

I wonder who will get an elbow from World Peace this afternoon, Harden or Lin? They'll run circles around Nash and Bryant.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #9003
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

kobe will drop 50 tonight
Mozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #9004
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

I hope so, that'd be some killer fantasy points haha I could careless if they win or lose though
Posted via RS Mobile
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #9005

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts

Old 01-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #9006
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine50 View Post
I hope so, that'd be some killer fantasy points haha I could careless if they win or lose though
Posted via RS Mobile
my thoughts exactly haha
Mozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #9007
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,462 Times in 1,671 Posts
-seems like Garnett got under Carmelo's skin during the Knicks and Celtics game on Monday night. 'Melo was looking for Garnett at the Celtics locker room and at the Boston team bus after KG said some words to him.

Most people know that Garnett is a big trash talker during games, being a motor mouth often.

-wonder what KG said to Carmelo that made him very agitated. Did he insult his Mama?

Both players talked over the phone after the game. They have since cleared the air, resolved their conflict.

Anthony says he went looking for Garnett to talk, not fight

Carmelo Anthony just wanted to have 'conversation' with Kevin Garnett - ESPN New York

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-08-2013 at 01:38 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #9008
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
-seems like Garnett got under Carmelo's skin during the Knicks and Celtics game on Monday night. 'Melo was looking for Garnett at the Celtics locker room and at the Boston team bus after KG said some words to him.

Most people know that Garnett is a big trash talker during games, being a motor mouth often.

-wonder what KG said to Carmelo that made him very agitated. Did he insult his Mama?

Both players talked over the phone after the game. They have since cleared the air, resolved their conflict.

Anthony says he went looking for Garnett to talk, not fight

Carmelo Anthony just wanted to have 'conversation' with Kevin Garnett - ESPN New York

KG said Melo's wife taste like Honey Nut Cheerios

RealGM
calcalvinlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #9009

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcalvinlee View Post
KG said Melo's wife taste like Honey Nut Cheerios

RealGM
Whatever KG said to 'Melo during the game, that trash talk,mind game shit worked. 'Melo shot 6/26 that night.

Carmelo needs to learn to not let that trash talk affect his game. Mellow out 'Melo!

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-08-2013 at 01:54 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #9010
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
so funny....such a horrible shot-block....Back in the day, a good block was considered to be one in which you gained possession of the ball....nowadays, it's "cool" to try and put it into the 10th row into the stands....Howard could have easily pulled that down instead of swatting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Also, I just looked up nobody has signed Kenyon Martin yet... why not take a chance on this guy.. brings some toughness as well
Knicks are taking a look at him right now.

Last edited by bballguy; 01-08-2013 at 02:34 PM.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #9011

I was a pre-teen when The Kid got drafted, so I pretty much watched him his whole career.
My favorite KG version was when him and Marbury were tearing it up in Minnesota, for you youngins in here that only see Garnett as a decently productive big with a big mouth, you guys oughtta know that this guy was in beast mode when he was in his prime.

It's a damn shame that You Tube you can only find videos like this one where they just cut right to his finishes and dunks, I mean you had to see this guy play on a nightly basis like I did growing up to appreciate his game..
Other than Shaq, growing up watching the game, I don't remember anyone averaging an easier 20/10 than The Kid, like an eyes closed type of thing, just made it look so easy

EDIT: tough to find, but realized if I searched up for his career high game it should be posted, and voila

Last edited by G-spec; 01-08-2013 at 02:54 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #9012

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
I was a pre-teen when The Kid got drafted, so I pretty much watched him his whole career.
My favorite KG version was when him and Marbury were tearing it up in Minnesota, for you youngins in here that only see Garnett as a decently productive big with a big mouth, you guys oughtta know that this guy was in beast mode when he was in his prime.

It's a damn shame that You Tube you can only find videos like this one where they just cut right to his finishes and dunks, I mean you had to see this guy play on a nightly basis like I did growing up to appreciate his game..
Other than Shaq, growing up watching the game, I don't remember anyone averaging an easier 20/10 than The Kid, like an eyes closed type of thing, just made it look so easy

Kevin Garnett Career mix HD - YouTube
No doubt about KG's talent. He played like a beast back in the day with the T-Wolves. I'm in my 30s so I remember KG as Mr. Versatility.

-The dude can score, grab rebounds, and make good passes. He was a threat almost every night for a triple double.

SI.com - Statitudes - Statitudes: Garnett the most versatile player since Magic - Tuesday February 18, 2003 12:45 AM

Check out these stats in the '03 season:

Triple threats
Top Versatility Index, 2002-03
Index Player Team PPG RPG APG

11.8 Kevin Garnett Min 22.5 13.0 5.7
11.1 Kobe Bryant LAL 29.8 7.1 6.5
11.0 Chris Webber Sac 23.0 10.5 5.5
10.7 Tim Duncan SA 23.9 12.9 3.9
10.2 Tracy McGrady Orl 30.8 6.8 5.0
9.9 Jason Kidd NJ 19.7 5.9 8.3
9.8 Shaquille O'Neal LAL 25.9 10.6 3.4
9.6 Gary Payton Sea 20.6 4.8 8.9
9.6 Paul Pierce Bos 26.4 7.5 4.4
9.3 Steve Francis Hou 23.2 5.8 6.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #9013

^ tru story

yo bballguy & jonwon We all fcked up on the MIP award, Jrue Holiday has that almost on lock with his consistently good play. I'm sittin here watchin the Nets and Philly game, and the guy is just I mean, fck he's good...
Philly got 20 points right now and he's been involved in every single one of them, either by scoring or assisting. And he's at it every single game, nicely and under control, just making things happen like clock work.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #9014

IMO Kemba walker is MIP but holiday is a good choice as well

Sacre playing decent so far lol. Lakers Gna be tiredddd after this game. Holy smokes
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #9015

I think the lakerz losted.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #9016
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Harden five-hole pass on Sacre lol ...
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2013, 06:19 PM   #9017

Would you guys say the Lakers are a good team, or would you say they are a great team?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #9018

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Would you guys say the Lakers are a good team, or would you say they are a great team?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:34 PM   #9019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Harden five-hole pass on Sacre lol ...
after posterizing him. Poor kid.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #9020

Last edited by bballguy; 01-08-2013 at 07:00 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #9021

I think they won't make the playoffs. You guys?
Old 01-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #9022

G-spec: Yeah the D'antoni thing I said it from the beginning, with Lakers roster offense wasn't gonna be a problem, it was defense... and D'antoni is an offensive coach everyone knows that, I still think Jerry Sloan would have been the best man for the job... and I say that fully knowing that Phil Jackson was absolutely never an option no matter what the Jimbo Buss says. It's obvious he only asked Phil if he was interested to avoid fully pissing off the Laker fanbase, he had absolutely no intention of giving Phil the job at all

and Last night that was the first Lakers game I seen in full, and from what I saw when Howard gets double teamed in the post and has to kick it out to someone hovering midrange or 3 point line, his passes are atrocious, it's like half bounce half direct pass, totally shit to the point where the shooter can never get a clean catch to shoot right away, he has to swing it almost instantly even if he was wide open when Howard made the pass... has he been passing it out of post double teams like this all season ?

I agree with G-Spec 100%. Jerry Sloan would be the best coach for the Lakers. D'Antoni is just not a good fit for this team because he cannot make a team better defensively. He's good for offense, terrible for defense.

Bottom line, the person who should get the most blame for the Lakers' dismal season so far is not the coach, not the players, it's that moron Jimbo Bus. Jim Bus hired the wrong coach for this team. He made a bad hiring decision.

Why hire a coach who has a philosophy of fast tempo, 7 seconds or less, offense for a veteran team with an aging superstar in Kobe? This team doesn't have the legs to play offense and defence well at the same time.

If you have different types of star players in Kobe, Gasol, Howard, Nash, and MWP playing together, you need a coach who can bring out the strengths of these players.

D'Antoni puts Gasol on the 3 point arc to shoot threes?? -putting a player in the wrong position on the court is not gonna help the guy's game improve.

Jimbo Bus is responsible for messing up the Lakers' chances for the post season big time. Heck, he should consider a career change to drive a bus in LA, instead of being an NBA team executive. Quit your day job Jimbo!

Old 01-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #9023

33-16 the rest of the way to barely make the playoffs. With 26 games on the road.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #9024
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2013, 10:12 PM   #9025

say bye bye Granger you volume shootin douche..... tonight the burden of being the Pacers franchise player has officially became Paul George's, and I somehow doubt he's gonna be a douche about it like you have been all these years