REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:16 AM   #9051
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Kelly is sick we played him in BC provincials dropped triples on us like no tmr, good for him though redshirted last year to bulk up and work on his all around game
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
jaebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #9052
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
In Sacre we trust
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:08 PM   #9053

Earl Clark!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #9054
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
^

that died down quick

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #9055

This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #9056
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ that makes it official now, thats it boys it's a wrap, Jack says they're done
Old 01-11-2013, 11:39 PM   #9057
Fanboy

Do you agree with the following statement :

KD is the best player in the NBA right now.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:23 AM   #9058

Bron still best.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:23 AM   #9059
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
15-21
5 games out of playoff spot.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #9060
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Anybody ever watch the Zags play? Any thoughts on our Kelowna boy Kelly Olynyk? Seems like a solid NBA prospect as he's a 7-footer with some good range, ball-handling, and fundamentals...He actually used to play the point in high school...
Kelly's doing well, actually spoke to him a couple weeks ago. Red shirt year was great for him to put on the weight and get stronger. Went from a skinny 3 point shooter to a beast that can do work in the post and still beat ppl on the perimeter. Feel good for the guy, put in work and it's paying off. Basketball for Canada is really rising, i just hope "canada" realizes this and puts more effort into it with all the legit prospects that are coming up now.

On a side note, just saw this clip and had me laughing..

van_city23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #9061

^ is that Wally fcking Sczerbiak on that panel ??
holy shit, that dude just disappeared one day I never knew what happened to him.... last time I saw him in Cleveland with LeBron, he was stealing passes from his own teammates because of how unhappy he was with his touches.
I really liked his game back in the day, he was a sick shooter who could put it up any which way he wanted, create space or pull up, n catch n shoot.

Durant.... I gotta say, I used to knock on him and hate when people compared him to LeBron and other Elites, simply because he was JUST a scorer and nothing else, but I see this year he's made an effort to explore the rest of his game, he's doing more things than ever before and YES he's still scoring tons.....
And the common mistake most people make when talking about "BEST" is dependent on hot streaks more so as opposed to actual skill..... so YES KD is probably the best player in the league RIGHT NOW, anytime a dude gets hot people start stirring up the "Who is the best player in the world" talk, but you just can't fckin do that, you can do who's the HOTTEST right now, but not who the best is overall skill level... and no he's not really close to being THE best player in the World....

LeBron and Chris Paul hold the title of two best players in the world now, and for the next few years simply because they dominate the game in every single aspect, from scoring to passing to everything in between.
When KD or anyone else for that matter learns to dominate the game in various ways night in and night out, then that player may join the best player convo
Old 01-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #9062

whoops forgot to add this video of a pre game shoot around I took from the Raptors game, and also a little bit of game action where both Amir and LA exchange hella awkward looking floaters that both go in....
sorry for shitty cam, was using my old phone and the microphone gave me a fcked up lisp too lol

early pre game shoot around

VID_1_zps8678c7f1.mp4 video by Adon604 | Photobucket

game action

http://s190.beta.photobucket.com/use...ae961.mp4.html

and fckin Lillard had a monster game against the Warriors last night, went 12-13 shooting in the second half, thats what I wanted to see from him at the Toronto game, still bummed out

Last edited by G-spec; 01-12-2013 at 11:41 AM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #9063
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
all the deep 3's Lillard draining... DAMN Lillard can shoot
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #9064

Old 01-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #9065

^ lol.

maybe Toronto will then finally make the playoffs

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 01-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #9066

Kobe Bryant is ruining Kobe Bryant's historic season - Silver Screen and Roll

good read.

since mr. pringles has taken over

10-16 record w/ defense allowing a league leading 104.9 pts for the worst in the NBA..
including 109.3 over the last ten allowing 3 40 pt quarters (not including last games 39)

and now with hill out for the rest of the season due to injury lakers just lost someone who plays with heart 100% of the time hes on the court and actually fights for rebounds

RIP Lakers; hope im wrong and they turn it around tho..lawls

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 01-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #9067

He's a great man-to-man defender, that's about it. He's pathetic at anything else on defense. It's ironic how he keeps making the all defensive team.

Couple with Mike Dick who are not willing to learn defense.... How the fuck do you win games when you give up 120 pts per game. I don't see it. The only chance is for them to turn-around is to fire D'Antoni and ANY coach taking over, going on a 10,11 win streak (similar to Nets' Carlesimo)
Old 01-13-2013, 12:45 AM   #9068
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

^ when u play the minutes kobe is playing at his age, something has to give. Seems like he decided to let the defence slip up while putting in more on his offensive game. I must say that I'm a kobe fan more than a lakers fan but I still think they can squeak out the wins...
van_city23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #9069

^ It's not necessarily that that part of your game just goes away, still very much there, it just takes a lot more effort it's the best way I can describe it. As you get older you have to push yourself harder to do the things you used to be able to do with ease when you were younger

Me from high school to my summer pro league season in Europe few years back, everything stayed somewhat the same, but where I'm at now at 29 with about half my athleticism left, I find that on offense I let things come to me a lot more as opposed to expending energy trying to make things happen, playing in bursts basically so I'm using my energy on MY OWN terms and how I see fit that way it doesn't necessarily wear me out more. On defense though, that's where the real problem is, because you have no choice but to defend accordingly how much energy you expend depends on the guy you're guarding.
That's what Kobe's thing is right now, it's just common sense, I mean even the young guys like for example the matchup between Lillard and Curry the other night, they barely guarded each other, coaches know if you put your best offensive player no matter how good a defender he is, if you put him to guard the other team's best player, he will wear out...
the only guy I saw that could do both ends of the court without sacrificing any part of his game was MJ....

My bro just hit up a Knicks game at teh Garden earlier tonight, enjoy the pics... identical seats to mine too from last week coincidentally, lucked out just went straight to the box office like 2 hour prior to game time and a single seat left for $200.. not bad pricing I must say

Last edited by G-spec; 01-13-2013 at 06:52 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #9070
My homepage has been set to RS

as a huge kobe fan, he's been playing that kind of defence for at least a few years now..it's just something i've learned to accept. he's a great man to man defender yes...like tonight when he stepped up to guard kyrie irving for most of the game..on paper, it looked like irving didn't have a bad game but he wasn't able to affect the game like last time he played the lakers.
kobe plays defence most nights like a ball hawk safety in football. he watches the ball and reads and reacts. so of course yes sometimes he gets beaten on backdoor plays or he can't rotate back to the 3pt shooter in time. at his age, you take the good with the bad. i'll take a 60% kobe bryant over a lot of nba players any day. i believe his desire and will to win a 6th championship will overcome his defence shortcomings. <-- coming from a true kobe fan. lol.
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #9071
I help report spam so I got this! &lt;--

Kobe Bryant of Los Angeles Lakers to take on mroe important defensive role, Mike D'Antoni says - ESPN Los Angeles

Nigga didn't know why Mike Brown got fired.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #9072

Clippers bench just shitkicked the Grizzlies tonight.... none of the starters did much, Chris didn't even play, Blake had a measly 10 points i think.... the Clippers bench pretty much by themselves dismantled the Grizzlies

here's some vids my bro took at the Knicks game last night, to the guy who yells "Get out of his way!" he knows whassup

Last edited by G-spec; 01-14-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #9073
I help report spam so I got this! &lt;--

Not so much shitkicked, Grizzlies just couldn't hit open shot.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #9074
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Which other NBA courts have lights dimed like the Lakers, Knicks and Nets?
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:05 PM   #9075
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote