REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #8901
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschedog View Post
I honestly can't argue with him....He hasn't been known for his leadership in the past, but I think you can build around him and another superstar to make a good contending team....I think he did pretty well for the dubs for what they had, and now he's doing pretty well for the Bucks for what they have...

That said, his fg% looks like my butt....Needs better shot selection but his coaches have never really stopped him...
Advertisement

Last edited by bballguy; 12-30-2012 at 03:25 PM.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #8902
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Arron Afflalo, Nikola Vucevic, and Moe Harkless, along with Al Harrington, Josh McRoberts, and Christian Eyenga....2 of those guys are finding success in their starting line-up and Moe Harkless has shown glimpses of being a very solid player......Not exactly chump change for a guy who is leaving at the end of the season....Afflalo is only 27 and is averaging 17 points while Vucevic is only 22 and already averaging a double-double...

Cousins is signed until 2014, making his situation completely different situation than Dwight's, Melo's (who the Nuggets got a lot for btw), Chris Paul's (also think the Hornets got a decent amount for him too, if Eric Gordon ends up being somewhat healthy)......If they still have Cousins next season however, then Cousins will have more leverage as most teams won't risk giving up much for this hothead when he might not even be there for more than half a season.....

Edit: My bad, the Kings can have Cousins for even longer than the 2014 season, as he becomes a restricted free agent then, not unrestricted...thus, my last statement on Cousins having more leverage is completely false...He really has no leverage on the situation at all...
I agree that is not chump change for a guy leaving at the end of the season but trading away the leagues #1 center for a bunch of "solid" players is never a good payoff.
They are playing on a horrible Magic team with NOBODY, if they aren't getting the numbers, who is?
Affalo is a "decent" swingman at best. (a dime a dozen in the L)
Vucevic is their ONLY big man on the team. He wouldn't see more than 10 minutes of playing time on any contending team.
Harrington, old and washed up big man that takes ill-advised shots from the perimeter. The rest will most likely never crack the starting line-up.
Ok regardless of previous trade history.
You are absolutely right, Cousins situation IS completely different!
It's not that he's "wanting out", it's the fact that he is an immature dumbass that can't get his shit together, he was already having problems in college. Now he's got tons of money to go with that highschool-attitude. Chances are he is probably quite the cancer in the lockerroom, whining about lack of touches, etc...
I figure Celtics offering someone like Green/Bradley/Bass would be enough for Sactown to get rid of this hot head. Those 3 would build a solid core in Sacremento to build off of, all young, strong, athletic players. (much better than Affalo, Vucevic, McRoberts) ... well anything is better than zero production now that Cousins is suspended indefinitely.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #8903

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
well anything is better than zero production now that Cousins is suspended indefinitely.
He's not suspended anymore....Did you not read my post from like 5 posts back.......
Old 12-30-2012, 08:28 PM   #8904
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Hard to get your shits together on a team that nobody got their shits together.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #8905
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Yeaaaa Monta! Had him for fantasy two years ago!
GFitTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:00 PM   #8906

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
I figure Celtics offering someone like Green/Bradley/Bass would be enough for Sactown to get rid of this hot head. Those 3 would build a solid core in Sacremento to build off of, all young, strong, athletic players. (much better than Affalo, Vucevic, McRoberts) ... well anything is better than zero production now that Cousins is suspended indefinitely.
The Kings really don't need to make ANY trades to be a decent playoff team in a few years.....Their roster is legit...They could use some depth, but the talent on that team is VERY good....Unfortunately, their's player that's a leader, the coach is a dumbass, and their owners are dumbasses......

I have no idea why Aaron Brooks was starting all season, let alone even rostered.....Isaiah Thomas should be running this offense as he's the only true point guard on the team, and he's shown that he's a great player....Throw in Tyreke Evans, Marcus Thornton, Jason Thompson, and DeMarcus Cousins and you have a pretty solid starting line-up.......Problem in Sacramento is that nobody is there to be a leader (from players, to coaching, to management, to owners), and they aren't running any type of offense whatsoever....
Old 12-31-2012, 03:28 PM   #8907
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
lol, gotta love how FOX SPORTS ORLANDO chose to not show the instant replay of Bosh getting hacked right on the elbow as Bosh shot the final shot, total bullshit bias there....
refs were stupid too, they should have called it and then checked the replay to make sure, allowed to do that

it's all good though, they'll get them in overtime, LeBron looks motivated, just scored 2 buckets in a row first min of OT....

beast game from Vucevic, 27 rebounds going into OT, solid bigman rookie or is it his second year out of Philly ? cant remember
Old 12-31-2012, 03:51 PM   #8908

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
lol, gotta love how FOX SPORTS ORLANDO chose to not show the instant replay of Bosh getting hacked right on the elbow as Bosh shot the final shot, total bullshit bias there....
refs were stupid too, they should have called it and then checked the replay to make sure, allowed to do that

it's all good though, they'll get them in overtime, LeBron looks motivated, just scored 2 buckets in a row first min of OT....

beast game from Vucevic, 27 rebounds going into OT, solid bigman rookie or is it his second year out of Philly ? cant remember
Huh? You can't review a foul call and overturn it on replay........is that what you're suggesting or am I just misunderstanding you?....only thing you can review and overturn is who it was out of bounds on and buzzer beaters...

As for Vucevic, I stated earlier that he, Afflalo, and Harkless could end up being a great return for Dwight given the situation....Vucevic has shown lots of promise this year and he's only 22. It's his 2nd year in the league - he was in Philly last year.

People always said the trade that sent Pau to LA was absolute robbery for the Lakers. But here we are in 2012-2013 and I can say that I'd probably rather have Marc than Pau.

Last edited by bballguy; 12-31-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:18 PM   #8909

^ With the new instant replay rules I know the out of bounds stuff you can easily overturn, but I've seen enough games to remember some very rare occasions where a foul has been overturned, but in the sense of an inadvertent whistle. The refs just huddle up discuss the matter, if they all agree on the call they re affirm or if not they just go with an inadvertent whistle. It's rare that happens, but it's better that they at least try getting the call right instead of just lookin the other way.

yea I seen quite a few Philly games last year when they were doing well, just wasn't 100% sure if that was him playing last year or this year with them. I agree, very good pickups, Afflalo has been their best player this season, and Nik looks solid.

The Gasol trade yea I don't know, I agree and I don't agree... I agree cuz we here now in 2013 lookin at a soft ass shell of a Gasol, but the history books say he was instrumental in their Championships and they wouldn't have done it without his soft touch.
I still don't think it's his time to leave LA, I defended him staying and was in favor of Bynum being shipped out. I think Kobe can get everyone on board for at least another 1 or 2 more last runs to the title
Old 01-01-2013, 02:29 AM   #8910

Quote:
^ With the new instant replay rules I know the out of bounds stuff you can easily overturn, but I've seen enough games to remember some very rare occasions where a foul has been overturned, but in the sense of an inadvertent whistle. The refs just huddle up discuss the matter, if they all agree on the call they re affirm or if not they just go with an inadvertent whistle. It's rare that happens, but it's better that they at least try getting the call right instead of just lookin the other way.
Again, I've never seen a foul call being overturned after review via replay...I've seen 2 refs blowing their whistle for 2 opposite calls (such as a charge and a block), at which time they huddle up and come to a mutual decision....But I'm fairly confident that...

Edit: ....actually I just searched it up....only time a foul call is reviewable is when it happens at the end of a quarter/shot-clock and they need to review it to see if (a) their was any time left on the clock when the foul occurred and/or (b) how much time should remain on the clock after the foul. The foul itself cannot be overturned, unless of course it is decided that the foul occurred after time had run out

Edit again: In the last 2 minutes of the game, if a charging/blocking foul is committed, it can be reviewed only to see if the defender was in the restricted area or not. Thus, if a charge was called on the court, review via replay may be done and if it is found that the defender was in the restricted area, the call will be overturned and made a blocking foul.

Quote:
The Gasol trade yea I don't know, I agree and I don't agree... I agree cuz we here now in 2013 lookin at a soft ass shell of a Gasol, but the history books say he was instrumental in their Championships and they wouldn't have done it without his soft touch.
I still don't think it's his time to leave LA, I defended him staying and was in favor of Bynum being shipped out. I think Kobe can get everyone on board for at least another 1 or 2 more last runs to the title
I'm not saying that Pau wasn't a "win" for the Lakers in the trade...Without a doubt, Marc would not have been able to provide the Lakers what Pau did in their Championship runs. That said, my point was that it was not a "steal" for the Lakers as everyone had originally thought. Marc has turned out to be far more beneficial for the Grizzlies than Pau would have been considering that Marc has turned into a great player and is priming at a point in time where most of their other key players are in their prime. Thus, it was a trade in which both teams won - the same way the Dwight trade could end up being a trade in which both the Lakers and the Magic win.

Last edited by bballguy; 01-01-2013 at 02:36 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #8911
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts

MVP...jk

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #8912

LeBron bossin in the last vid

Last edited by G-spec; 01-01-2013 at 10:03 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #8913

gtfo for real, I seen some dunks throughout the years, but holy frosted fucksicle....

firstly, fckin ref got in the way, and secondly I thank the ref for not calling a charge as even my own assumption was that he elevated by pushing off his defender, but as you can see in the big screen replay he really didn't even touch the defender who clearly flopped right the fuck out the way so there was very little if NO contact at all there.....

and thirdly and finally, if you see how incredibly high he got his head at the rim, even I assumed he must have pulled himself up with his arm, but no, the guy actually stuffed the ball as his head was already pretty much at the rim.... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Old 01-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #8914

^ looks like he got a boost or push himself up from the guy standing in front of him thus making him jump hiigher. i could be wrong tho nice dunk nonetheless
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #8915

^ yea it does "look" like it, but he didn't though that was all God given natural fast twitch muscle fibers...
The defender flopped before he even got touched, you can see it in the jumbotron replay clearly, nowhere is he using his offhand to push off the defender it's flailing completely sideways, and he isn't stair casing off the defender either with his leg... I've seen dunks like that, they look crazy but it's like, mehhh, he's pushin off..... but the fact that this isn't one of those, is what makes it beyond impressive

So I'm heading out to Air Canada Centre right now it's 4, I assume I will get there at about 5:30, so an hour and a half before 7pm tip off... been so long since I been to a game I've forgotten, so I gotta ask you guys who've been to a recent one, what time do the guys come out for a shoot around and warmup ?
I wanna go early to watch them shoot around
Old 01-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #8916
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,462 Times in 1,671 Posts
My condolences to the Clippers owner Donald Sterling. His son died of a drug overdose in his home in Malibu.

Scott Sterling, son of LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling, found dead at home in Malibu | News1130
Old 01-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #8917

Thanked 1,841 Times in 386 Posts
I was about to post a video of that Victor Dukes dunk too! Wicked dunk, here's another angle.

Victor Dukes dunk on Manila.mp4 - YouTube

oh and enjoy the game today g-spec!
k3lv is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #8918
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

jesus, drugs make you believe in the devil
Isaiah11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #8919
I subscribe to Revscene

that's so sick. Looks like he can definitely dunk a 12-13 ft basket lol.

FS: Jordan XX8, GMP Vi, AM1 Atmos Safari, bunch of Supreme stuff
http://www.revscene.net/forums/68857...2Arare%2A.html
daval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #8920

1 quarter left, geez this is a blowout.... Terrence Ross is on FIRE from downtown, geez this kid has a nice stroke, he's gonna be sick... Lillard is playing like its a scrimmage... disappoint
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #8921
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
1 quarter left, geez this is a blowout.... Terrence Ross is on FIRE from downtown, geez this kid has a nice stroke, he's gonna be sick... Lillard is playing like its a scrimmage... disappoint
Posted via RS Mobile
Raps are playing sick ball right now. So exciting to watch. Calderón 14 assists so far.
Posted via RS Mobile
zx7rrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #8922

^ ya they've definitely found a groove, and they're puttin in work, good for them.... lol the arena went crazy when Ross hit the 3 that made it 100 for the Raps cuz everyone gets Pizza Pizza coupon, hahaha

Nobody on the Blazers wanted to take charge it seemed, I mean if Lillard didn't feel like scoring, why didn't they look for LA down low, there's nobody on Raps front court that could have done a damn thing if LA wanted to score on the block, but he was just as passive as everyone else on the Blazers, just seemed like they were all waiting for a perfect path to the hoop or perfect open look to attempt shots....
while Raps just kept it pushin all night, I'll tell you guys one thing though, don't buy into the Jose Calderon can't play D bullshit.... the dude is a legit 6'4, if not 6'5 in fckin shoes, he big... he hounded Lillard all first half closing out hard and sticking to him like glue, Jose can play fckin D, I had to see it in real life, but that dude can D up

here's some pics I took, camera sucks I know, turns out we were on TV during at times cuz we were almost right behind the Portland bench camera caught us during time outs

http://s190.beta.photobucket.com/use...8c7f1.mp4.html
http://s190.beta.photobucket.com/use...ae961.mp4.html

Last edited by G-spec; 01-02-2013 at 07:43 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2013, 08:59 PM   #8923

oh and fck, I wish I had more than a cell phone cam, because during warmups no bullshit, Jose was throwing down off the glass and off the floor two foot plant two handed dunks, like EASY, with absolute ease.... wish I captured that shit but no zoom on my cam
Old 01-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #8924
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,462 Times in 1,671 Posts
The league is starting to take notice of T.Ross. -hoping this guy gets a chance to show his dunks during the All-Star weekend dunk contest.

NBA.com article:

Rookie Ladder | NBA.com

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-03-2013 at 12:00 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #8925
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
I'll admit, I was one of the people thinking wtf were the Raptors thinking taking Ross when guys like Drummond and Rivers were still available

Ross looked more like a spot-up shooter but I guess he's proved me wrong that he's more than that, the guy has got hops, although he hasn't really been able create his own shot.

It's pretty sad that a lot of these players don't want to play for Toronto because they are a Canadian city that's not in their "ideal" climate like Miami or a big market like LA/NY so Toronto always has to draft carefully so that these kids don't whine and complain and want to leave the city as soon as their entry level contract is up... NBA is full of these ego-freaks nowadays ...
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote