REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:15 AM   #8951
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,462 Times in 1,671 Posts
Oops, my bad. Here are the game highlights from the Clippers and Lakers game on Friday night:

Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #8952
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

seems like all the changes the lakers made were quick triggered based on ego rather than fully thought out and best for the players/system/organization. So frustrating watching them this year. At least I can find some enjoyment watching kobe do work... accepted that they won't go anywhere as a 'team' this season.
van_city23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #8953

I agree with this NBA writer in this article and what Jalen Rose said during the Clippers and Lakers halftime show about DeMarcus Cousins' status with Sacramento.

Thirty-one And Twenty Excuses Headaches With Kings’ Cousins « NBA.com | Hang Time Blog

Arena Link: DeMarcus Cousins | NBA.com

DC is not going anywhere right now. He's staying with Sacramento. Despite the off court, and also on court headaches Cousins causes for the franchise, I think the Kings will keep him because of his great potential to be an all star center. He dropped 31 points and grabbed 20 rebounds against the Craptors last night.

Time will tell whether DeMarcus will mature, grow emotionally and intellectually into that 6 foot 11, 270 pound body.

A 22 year old center with that much talent is worth the headaches that can come from an immature guy. I would give DC a little more leeway given that he's just a young dude. -don't remember seeing any 22 year old skilled centers that were mature emotionally and intellectually for their age playing in the NBA

Jalen said during the halftime show that Cousins is one of the most talented centers in the league. He has the talent to be in the top 5.

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-05-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #8954
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Didn't bring Phil in because Nash might not fit in. Salary= 8.9 million.

Brought in D'Antoni to end Gasol's career. Salary= 19 million.

Mind = fucked.

Spoelstra, Del Negro? I understand. These were unproven coaches, unproven systems. Weren't this clown D'Antoni supposed to have some magic? 10-12? Really? Blame it on injuries? Phil won titles with Bynum on the bench for crying out loud.... Fisher was their full time point guard. Phil made Derek Fisher looked good. Derek Fisher......

Just rambling.

Dont worry I know how you feel . I am disappointed with the coaching decision even if d'antoni had a decent record.
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #8955

-learning more about what Lillard does during his down time away from the court. He's a smart dude, knows how to take care of his body. -like his ride, a Porsche Panamera.

Hangin' with Damian. -wish we had Jamba Juice here:

NBA Rooks (January 4th, 2013, and December 7th 2012 videos):

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-05-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #8956
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
lol kobe got twitter now..

www.twitter.com/kobebryant

Kobe Bryant
Thoughts of self doubt Am I done? Is this how my career will end?? I REFUSE to give in to these thoughts. #strongwill #countonchallenges

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #8957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
lol kobe got twitter now..

www.twitter.com/kobebryant

Kobe Bryant
Thoughts of self doubt Am I done? Is this how my career will end?? I REFUSE to give in to these thoughts. #strongwill #countonchallenges

I can't say that I am sorry for Kobe. The Mamba won five championships, Olympic gold, and is one of the best players in NBA. He is feeling sorry for himself to not having a legit chance to win a sixth championship? Haha. He wants to be like Mike? - trying hard to match Jordan's six rings?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #8958
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ he doesn't wanna match it, he wants to surpass it, he wants 7!
Clippers n Golden State gonna be a sick game, two treats for Clippers fans, last night Lakers and tonight GS....

Have any of you guys tried the LeBron X's yet ?
I just picked up my first pair, held out for a while cuz I really like my 9 Elite's, still think they look better than the X's... but I see what I been missing now with the X's, the air cushion is absolutely amazing!
You can literally feel the air unit under your feet working absorbing impact. After this I'm pretty much sold on LeBron kicks almost exclusively for ball.

picked up a Lava colorway pictured below, but gonna have to nikeID another pair in white and blue gold trim

Old 01-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #8959
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
His only chance to get 7 was with Phil.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #8960
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

^ you mean Shaq
Isaiah11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:37 AM   #8961

You know nothing. Shaq Kobe didn't last even with Phil, the single best manager in the history of the game. They could have not won any more than they did. That he kept them in tact for that 3 peat run was legendary.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #8962

Closer to the lottery. Jim Buss' master plan.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #8963

KD pullin out some shit he was doin at the Rucker this summer.... damn DeRozan, lesson learned eh... anytime anyone is trying to swing you left right, just take a step the fck back reset instead of trying to follow

Old 01-06-2013, 11:34 PM   #8964
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
KD pullin out some shit he was doin at the Rucker this summer.... damn DeRozan, lesson learned eh... anytime anyone is trying to swing you left right, just take a step the fck back reset instead of trying to follow
and how would you anticipate that he's going to swing you left-right before he does it?....how is DeRozan know that he's not going to just keep going right or even pull-up for a jumper?....I'm sure if DeRozan takes a step back, Durant will just counter with another move instead of swinging left-right...
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:15 AM   #8965
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
and how would you anticipate that he's going to swing you left-right before he does it?....how is DeRozan know that he's not going to just keep going right or even pull-up for a jumper?....I'm sure if DeRozan takes a step back, Durant will just counter with another move instead of swinging left-right...
You can only hope you have a help defender behind u in this instance
Old 01-07-2013, 01:14 AM   #8966

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
You can only hope you have a help defender behind u in this instance
Exactly, DeRozan takes a step back and KD pulls up for an easy mid-range jumper...It's not like DeRozan has the length to challenge a shot from Kevin Durant, who has a 7'5'' wingspan, while trying to guard him by taking a step back. Only thing DeRozan can do is step up and guard him and hope there will be a good defensive rotation if he gets beat.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:13 AM   #8967

Come on dude, how long we been on this thread, can't you sometimes read between the lines, you know I'm good for it brah, do I have to break it down in detail every single time?

You just reiterated textbook defense there which is fine, but this is different. You're neglecting a simple aspect everyone in the business knows, and that is when guarding superstars you don't simply play "by the book defense" When you guard superstars, you're supposed to play the odds is what you'se supposed to do, and the odds are even though KD is an excellent pull up shooter, your best bet and odds there are to prevent the dribble drive.
It's a term called "pick your poison", anyone who's played or watched enough basketball should be very familiar with it, I've probably heard it used to refer to KD pretty much every single Thunder game I ever seen.

I'm sure you get it by now, but just in case let me put it to you this way, do you really want KD getting comfortable doing what you saw in the video there and pullin that shit all game long ? I and 30 head coaches around the NBA sure the fuck don't, rather take your chances with him pulling up, there is only one downside to that and it's a swish, you can live with that, actually you HAVE to live with that, it's K fuckin D you got no choice. The downside of allowing penetration however, well let's just say there's more than one, there is way too many dangers for me to list here in playing a guy like KD way too tight.

I don't know what position you played or still play, but for guards the general rule in the more advanced school of coaching is trying to stay step with step with an excellent ball handler is one of first lessons you learn not to do, your job is to stay in front of him.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #8968

speaking of the La La land..

Quote:
A league source told the New York Daily News that Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard got into a "heated exchange" following a New Year's day loss to the Sixers.
We're taking this report with a major grain of salt. The report claims that Howard had to be "restrained" from going after Kobe, while Kobe reportedly went for a "low blow," agreeing with Shaq on his criticisms of Howard. Brooklyn still has plenty of incentive to try and nab Howard on the trade market for a discounted price, but the Lakers have shown zero interest in that scenario, and it's pretty strange that a report would emerge days after something reportedly happened with nobody else reporting on it at all. Multiple other insiders have rejected the report as false in its entirety. Regardless of what is true and what isn't, this isn't going to help the Lakers turn their season around.
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #8969

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
Come on dude, how long we been on this thread, can't you sometimes read between the lines, you know I'm good for it brah, do I have to break it down in detail every single time?

You just reiterated textbook defense there which is fine, but this is different. You're neglecting a simple aspect everyone in the business knows, and that is when guarding superstars you don't simply play "by the book defense" When you guard superstars, you're supposed to play the odds is what you'se supposed to do, and the odds are even though KD is an excellent pull up shooter, your best bet and odds there are to prevent the dribble drive.
It's a term called "pick your poison", anyone who's played or watched enough basketball should be very familiar with it, I've probably heard it used to refer to KD pretty much every single Thunder game I ever seen.

I'm sure you get it by now, but just in case let me put it to you this way, do you really want KD getting comfortable doing what you saw in the video there and pullin that shit all game long ? I and 30 head coaches around the NBA sure the fuck don't, rather take your chances with him pulling up, there is only one downside to that and it's a swish, you can live with that, actually you HAVE to live with that, it's K fuckin D you got no choice. The downside of allowing penetration however, well let's just say there's more than one, there is way too many dangers for me to list here in playing a guy like KD way too tight.

I don't know what position you played or still play, but for guards the general rule in the more advanced school of coaching is trying to stay step with step with an excellent ball handler is one of first lessons you learn not to do, your job is to stay in front of him.

I play the 1/2 combo, but I have to guard everyone differently. You're exactly right that you have to "pick your poison", but it's not as simple as "you stop the dribble drive and allow the guy to take a jumper".....If a guy is a knockdown shooter, I'll do everything I can to make sure he gets no mid-range to long-range jumper off. More often than not, he'll be able to blow by me, but I rely on defensive rotations to get everything back in order. On a team with good defensive rotations, there's a better chance that a 2nd man quickly steps to KD than there is that KD will miss a wide-open 18 footer....just my opinion though, I guess.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #8970
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
in conclusion, no one can guard KD one on one, done

maybe 'cept lebron
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #8971

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
speaking of the La La land..
On pace to the lottery with no lottery pick.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #8972
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

i rather have someone nail a jumpshot with a hand on his face than give up a layup. But when playing against players like KD (who can make that jumpshot easily), you gotta rely on the rotation or the guy behind you.

Guys like james or rondo, I would do what gspec mention, and take a step back and try to stop the drive. If they decide to take the jumpshot, you live by it because we all know they are not great shooters.

my personal take.
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #8973
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

^ lebron is a great shooter
zx7rrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #8974

Bad news for the Lakers. Howard, Gasol, and Jordan Hill are all out with injuries. All the big men cannot play now.
TSN reports that Dwight has a torn labrum in his right shoulder, Gasol has a concussion after getting elbowed in the face in the Denver game, and Hill has a hip injury.
Posted via RS Mobile

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=412997
Old 01-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #8975
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
lakers are fucked

howard and gasol out indefinitely..

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\