REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:25 PM   #9126
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
LeBron was a freight train going towards the basket. Even with MWP playing good defense, LBJ was unstoppable. Ray Allen made it tough on Nash with those multiple screens set up for Ray while he shoots the jumpers. Heat exploited the size mismatch between Allen and Nash.

Lockdown D for Miami. They are so quick on defensive rotations. They made it hard on Kobe by contesting his shots, not letting him shoot free throws.

D12 needs so much practice to work on those free throws. Atrocious!
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #9127
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
LOL love it
Posted via RS Mobile
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #9128
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Reggie said they can make the playoffs so ima cross fingers.

Meeks officially in D'Antoni's doghouse.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #9129
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
went to scrimmage instead

check box score and lakers lost.. not surprised

LBJ 42 mins, 39 pts on 17/25 FG 7 RBD 8 AST 3 ST 2 TO
KB 43 mins, 22 pts on 8/25 FG 4 RBD 1 AST 1 ST 6 TO

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ

Last edited by Not really racist!; 01-17-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #9130
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
-good to see other players like Crawford pick up their game when CP3 is injured. 30 points from Jamal to help the Clippers beat the struggling Rockets.
Quote:
-looks like Earl Clark might have a long night in guarding LeBron.

-defensive breakdown by Clark leads to LeBron going to the basket on his strong side, his right hand, for the dunk.

Everybody knows that the Lakers' problems are on the defensive side of the game. That LBJ dunk with Clark guarding him is an example of the Lakers' defense problems.
Quote:
LeBron was a freight train going towards the basket. Even with MWP playing good defense, LBJ was unstoppable. Ray Allen made it tough on Nash with those multiple screens set up for Ray while he shoots the jumpers. Heat exploited the size mismatch between Allen and Nash.

Lockdown D for Miami. They are so quick on defensive rotations. They made it hard on Kobe by contesting his shots, not letting him shoot free throws.

D12 needs so much practice to work on those free throws. Atrocious!
Posted via RS Mobile

Do you want to become a NBA broadcaster or what?
Like 90% of your post in here is just repeating what they say on the TV...........

Unlike some who shall present and loudly proclaim "Have at it master!"
joquio is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #9131
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
lol, Kobe needs Eddie Jones back.... someone to carry the heaviest weight on the team being it's elite perimeter defender and a sick wing player to boot

I miss seeing those two guys play together, that's still the team I pick almost all the time when I play NBA 2K13 the Shaq, Fish, Eddie and Kobe lakers
Old 01-17-2013, 11:20 PM   #9132
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
lol, Kobe needs Eddie Jones back.... someone to carry the heaviest weight on the team being it's elite perimeter defender and a sick wing player to boot

I miss seeing those two guys play together, that's still the team I pick almost all the time when I play NBA 2K13 the Shaq, Fish, Eddie and Kobe lakers
ehhh...It was more like the Shaq, Kobe, Eddie and VAN EXEL Lakers...
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:39 PM   #9133
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Do refs not call travelling anymore? I thought Metta and Allen got away with 3 steps. And I've never seen anyone do a barrel roll after diving for a lose ball like Lebron and get up take a dribble like nothing happened.
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:28 AM   #9134

it's called a crab dribble, son
Old 01-18-2013, 12:53 AM   #9135
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Give the lakers a break guys...miami never had it easy in the beginning either...

Lakers remind me of the 2004 USA men's Olympic team..so much talent ..no chemistry
Old 01-18-2013, 01:09 AM   #9136

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamix View Post
Give the lakers a break guys...miami never had it easy in the beginning either...
What are you talking about? Miami looked like complete shit for like just one half of a game before they figured it out.....lost first game against Boston by just 8 points after having the shittiest first half of a game I have ever seen...After that, they were great, finishing the season in 2nd place in the East with a win percentage of 71%......Lakers would have to win 41 of their next 43 games to match that......

Last edited by bballguy; 01-18-2013 at 07:43 AM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-18-2013, 05:39 AM   #9137

The Lakers are so sloppy with protecting the ball this season. more turnovers than a bakery.

It was evident in the Miami game. Kobe gave away the ball a few times in the second half during a stretch of poor shooting. Those 3 pointers in the fourth quarter were too late Mamba.
Posted via RS Mobile
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:28 AM   #9138
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

the lakers downfall is obviously chemistry but kobe has to stop thinking he's 27 and continue with his ISO's and tossing up bad shots. its great when he sinks them but most of the time he's basically bricking them whereas when he was younger he would sink most of them.
TPMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:06 AM   #9139
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Charles had a great point last night

Kobe cant guard the best perimeter player AND score 25+ effectively, you can see he could barely keep up with Wade

Nash can't even guard his own shadow so yeah, their perimeter d leaves Dwight and Pau out of position
Isaiah11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:19 AM   #9140
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

I liked it when they had pau and howard on the court at separate times, it looks like that works better for them. Pau can boost the bench scoring. The lakers have no problem on offensive, it's their defense, it's just attrocious this year. Sometimes it looks like no one wants the ball and there' s no urgency to get a stop. They're getting better every game though. Really hope they figure it out. It would be a disaster if they couldn't even make it into the 8th spot.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:42 AM   #9141

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
I liked it when they had pau and howard on the court at separate times, it looks like that works better for them. Pau can boost the bench scoring. The lakers have no problem on offensive, it's their defense, it's just attrocious this year. Sometimes it looks like no one wants the ball and there' s no urgency to get a stop. They're getting better every game though. Really hope they figure it out. It would be a disaster if they couldn't even make it into the 8th spot.
Pau has come out and said he is not happy coming off the bench, that he's "probably not" open to continuing to come off the bench, and that he wants to be on the floor towards the end of the game.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:52 AM   #9142
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Some postgame Kobe quotes below..... dude had probably as many shots Nash, Howard & Gasol combined I think... he chucks out of frustration most of the time which I'm not condoning, and the rest of the time like I said before to bail out in low shot clock situations...
They didn't go BIG against the Heat like they should have, I don't know what they expect if you play against a team and you don't utilize an obvious mismatch.

and that catch n shoot point I made a few posts up, looks like he understands that as well...
so to me it looks like he's being half defiant and half understanding in his interviews, but come game time it all gets thrown out the window. He tries to emulate MJ in every single thing he does except this one, and that's trusting his teammates. MJ didn't start winning chips until he learned to trust his teammates.... this in my memory at least is what I will remember Kobe for, a wild west gunner with no remorse who was cold blooded enough to win a few, but not smart enough to win many

I need some help offensively to save energy and not have to isolate and do things like that,” Bryant said. “I’m going to need some picks. I’m going to need to catch-and-shoot like I did in the fourth quarter a little bit to make my job a little easier. I think the first three quarters of me just standing around the perimeter, the defense is praying for that. We have to do some things to free me up and get me in open spaces, this way I can be more active on the defensive end of the floor

We talked about it going into the fourth quarter. I said, ‘Coach D man, goddamn. Come on, man. Come on, man. I can’t be standing out here like this all night long now,’” Bryant said, recalling a conversation with Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni. “We did a much better job of that. My teammates know. We got to pick each other up. I’m going to go out there and do what I got to do defensively, and then on the offensive end of the floor we’ll pick each other up
Old 01-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #9143
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

good game lastnight. If the lakers keep playing the way they are right now, they will make the playoffs. Miami, when they are focused looks really really good, and it seems they only play like this when they are playing the Lakers, and OKC.
Also I always cringe when ray allen is on a fast break alone, the guy never seems to hit his freaking layups lol

edit. I also agree with the all star snubs, tyson chandler and tim duncan should have been starters.
Mozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #9144
I am Hook'd on RS

I agree with Mozo, the effort is definitely there, and they are playing with a sense of urgency. Just needa close out games, and MINIMIZE the damn turnovers.
calcalvinlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #9145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozo View Post
edit. I also agree with the all star snubs, tyson chandler and tim duncan should have been starters.
Garnett and Dwight have no business being anywhere near the starting line-up...
Old 01-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #9146

Somtimes it seems as if the fan voting for the players starting in the All-Star game is based more on player popularity than player performance this season.

Did KG's comments to Carmelo "Your f*** wife taste like Honey Nut Cheerios" and that on court incident with Kris Humphries just make him more popular among fans? -get him more attention on the Internet?

Why fans didn't give a high number votes for Duncan and Chandler relative to other star players is somewhat puzzling. These are low-key guys, players that play the game very well and would make a good team mate in the locker room. Is it a popularity issue?

Final Balloting for All Star game lineup

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Frontcourt

Kevin Durant (OKC) 1,504,047
Dwight Howard (LAL) 922,070
Blake Griffin (LAC) 863,832
Tim Duncan (SA) 492,373

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Frontcourt

LeBron James (Mia) 1,583,646
Carmelo Anthony (NYK) 1,460,950
Kevin Garnett (Bos) 553,222
Chris Bosh (Mia) 528,014
Tyson Chandler (NYK) 467,968
Old 01-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #9147
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
all star selection has always been a popularity contest, whats new? best example below, lin above harden and westbrook? get outta here

Kobe Bryant (LAL) 1,591,437
Chris Paul (LAC) 929,155
Jeremy Lin (Hou) 883,809
James Harden (Hou) 485,986
Russell Westbrook (OKC) 376,411
Steve Nash (LAL) 270,741
Tony Parker (SA) 176,168
Stephen Curry (GS) 169,083
Ricky Rubio (Min) 150,227
Manu Ginobili (SA) 118,293
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #9148
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
What are you talking about? Miami looked like complete shit for like just one half of a game before they figured it out.....lost first game against Boston by just 8 points after having the shittiest first half of a game I have ever seen...After that, they were great, finishing the season in 2nd place in the East with a win percentage of 71%......Lakers would have to win 41 of their next 43 games to match that......

Easy there..I'm talking bout last season.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #9149

All-star has always been about popularity and star powers. Back when Yao didn't play, he still started.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #9150

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
Some postgame Kobe quotes below..... dude had probably as many shots Nash, Howard & Gasol combined I think... he chucks out of frustration most of the time which I'm not condoning, and the rest of the time like I said before to bail out in low shot clock situations...
They didn't go BIG against the Heat like they should have, I don't know what they expect if you play against a team and you don't utilize an obvious mismatch.

and that catch n shoot point I made a few posts up, looks like he understands that as well...
so to me it looks like he's being half defiant and half understanding in his interviews, but come game time it all gets thrown out the window. He tries to emulate MJ in every single thing he does except this one, and that's trusting his teammates. MJ didn't start winning chips until he learned to trust his teammates.... this in my memory at least is what I will remember Kobe for, a wild west gunner with no remorse who was cold blooded enough to win a few, but not s
Less about imitating Jordan and more about his coach being a useless twat.