REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #8876
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
didnt you guys bet on 6th man of the year not ROY

i think J.R. Smith might run away with it
Advertisement
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #8877
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Originally Posted by G-spec
6th Man - Eric Bledsoe
Most Improved - D'Andre Jordan
DPOY - Serge Ibaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon
6th Man - Ryan Anderson
Most Improved - OJ Mayo
DPOY - Serge Ibaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy
6th Man - Jamal Crawford
Most Improved - OJ Mayo
DPOY - Dwight Howard

Each first-place vote is worth five points; each second-place vote is worth three points; and each third-place vote is worth one point.
Whichever one of us has the highest point total, regardless of the number of first-place votes, wins the award.

But which jersey has nothing to do with who we picked...I just think I'd want a Lillard jersey if I when...errr I mean WHEN I win.

Last edited by bballguy; 12-28-2012 at 02:17 PM.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2012, 04:15 PM   #8878
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Anyone with shaw. Do they only offer a few channels with their free NBA league pass lol. I thought it was
350-365 channels but I only see them show games on 350-353
Posted via RS Mobile
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #8879
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Anyone with shaw. Do they only offer a few channels with their free NBA league pass lol. I thought it was
350-365 channels but I only see them show games on 350-353
Posted via RS Mobile
yeah they originally told me that it was 350 - 365 but it's only 350 - 352
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #8880

Ok I thought it was only me. I was hoping to catch the lakers game tonight. Boooo lol. False advertising. I wonder if anyone inquired lol
Posted via RS Mobile
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:06 AM   #8881

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ you didn't miss much, it was str8 murder

damn lookin at that list, I'm really doubting my most improved player with D'andre.... he was playing like the best center in the west in the pre-season and beginning of the season, but play has dropped off since. Even Shaq said the same and was very impressed with Jordans play. I wanted soooo bad for this year to see him dominate his matchups with a solid double double

I still think Bledsoe is getting the 6th man, I know Crawford comes in and scores, but Bledsoe comes in and literally mini LeBrons it every game, he's all over the court and the all around game he brings to the table is more valuable than 15 or so points a game that Crawford provides
Old 12-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #8882
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

just curious bballguy, why howard as DPOF?

isnt he still recovering from back surgery? wouldnt chandler or ibaka been a safer bet
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #8883
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
No. Re watch the Denver game a couple of days ago. The Lakers defense was non-existent when Howard was ejected. People say he's overrated don't y know what they're talking about.
Posted via RS Mobile
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #8884

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
I still think Bledsoe is getting the 6th man, I know Crawford comes in and scores, but Bledsoe comes in and literally mini LeBrons it every game, he's all over the court and the all around game he brings to the table is more valuable than 15 or so points a game that Crawford provides
I just don't ever recall a time when a 7th man got the 6th man award...Do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuuhoo View Post
just curious bballguy, why howard as DPOF?

isnt he still recovering from back surgery? wouldnt chandler or ibaka been a safer bet
Well firstly, he's Dwight Howard - the guy should be a beast on the defensive end because of his ridiculous size mixed with his athleticism. As for his back injury, I expected him to recover soon.

Tyson Chandler would have been a good pick as well though. I don't think Ibaka is a good bet for DPOY though...He's a beast in terms of getting blocks, but he's not exactly the greatest defender, and he doesn't hit double-digit rebounds.

If I could re-make my pick right now, I would probably go with Noah though.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #8885
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

ibaka will probably win it. Noah and Larry Sanders should be up there too
Posted via RS Mobile
zx7rrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #8886

Ibaka is a great shot blocker...He's not a great man-to-man defender...
Old 12-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #8887

^ he doesn't just blocks shots, he also clogs up the lane and plays good help defense, every single guy that drives to the paint knows exactly to expect Ibaka and are vary of his presence...sure he's not as good at 1 on 1 d as he could be, but he does everything else extremely well...
and you see Bledsoe as a 7th man ? but he's the first choice off the bench for Del Negro, the reason Jamal this year isn't truly a 6th man is because he starts as much as he comes off the bench from my recollection. Some games Willie will start, and other Jamal will, they almost split those duties. So Bledsoe is at the very first seat on the bench right next to the coach....

yo guys I just got back from ballin at Hoop Dome here in Toronto, and I shit you not I played with Chris Pauls little brother, this fckin dude.... well let me put it to you this way, the only thing that kept him from looking identical to Chris Paul is that he was 5'9, but everything else, from every single fckin facial feature, to his head, haircut and facial hair AND body build, he was chunky like CP3 too.....
and you know what put me in a massive trip, he actually PLAYED like Chris Paul, obviously not as skilled, but the exact same style of dribbling, the way he threw up his floaters and even his fckin jump shot form, oh my goodness, he even did that toss ahead spin dribble that only Chris does in the NBA...
I was in the fckin twilight zone tonight yo, fck I'll take some pictures with him next time I go ball if I see him
Old 12-29-2012, 05:05 PM   #8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
yo guys I just got back from ballin at Hoop Dome here in Toronto, and I shit you not I played with Chris Pauls little brother, this fckin dude.... well let me put it to you this way, the only thing that kept him from looking identical to Chris Paul is that he was 5'9, but everything else, from every single fckin facial feature, to his head, haircut and facial hair AND body build, he was chunky like CP3 too.....
and you know what put me in a massive trip, he actually PLAYED like Chris Paul, obviously not as skilled, but the exact same style of dribbling, the way he threw up his floaters and even his fckin jump shot form, oh my goodness, he even did that toss ahead spin dribble that only Chris does in the NBA...
I was in the fckin twilight zone tonight yo, fck I'll take some pictures with him next time I go ball if I see him
Chris Paul doesn't have a younger brother..........
Old 12-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #8889
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,462 Times in 1,671 Posts
-heard TSN basketball analyst Leo Rautins during half time of today's Raptors game give his assessment of the DeMarcus Cousins' trade scenarios that he can see become reality. Rautins mentioned Boston as a possible trade destination if the Kings wanted to trade the forward.

Would the Celtics be interested in Cousins? -The guy can score and rebound. A veteran team with a good coach in Doc Rivers would put this dude in this place if he started arguing with Doc or doing something immature. I can see KG giving DeMarcus a big tongue lashing if he started acting out of line with the coach, or threatening team chemistry with his behavior. There's no way Pierce would allow this guy to act unprofessionally.

He is a player that can help Boston. The question is whether the Celtics would want this guy on their team.

Kings suspend DeMarcus Cousins for 'unprofessional behavior'

From the article: The odds of the latest incident inspiring the Kings to trade Cousins are likely slim, as he is considered the centerpiece of their prolonged rebuilding effort. But a person with knowledge of the Kings' plans said "he's not untouchable," in large part because the 8-18 team is struggling so mightily and all options appear to be under consideration.

Before this season even began, he also ran afoul of Team USA in July during the U.S. men's national team's preparation for the London Olympics. Cousins was a member of the select team -- top young players chosen to scrimmage and challenge the Olympic team.

USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo said at the time Cousins "has some growing up to do" and later added, ""He needs to mature as a person (and) as a player if he's going to have an outstanding NBA career."

-heard that the Pistons are interested in acquiring Cousins too. ESPN source quoted in the article:

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...arcus-cousins/:

DeMarcus Cousins has said he won’t demand a trade out of Sacramento, but that might not stop the Kings from moving him to install a veteran presence in their young locker room. According to ESPN.com, if/when Sacto does decide to test the trade waters, the Boston Celtics and Detroit Pistons are willing to talk business: “The early word from the DeMarcus Cousins trade watch, according to the latest rumbles on the personnel grapevine, is that Kings co-owners Gavin and Joe Maloof remain reluctant in the extreme to part with their young big man, especially at a time when — after three suspensions already this season — Cousins’ trade value isn’t exactly on the upswing. There’s a growing sense among potential suitors that under-fire Kings general manager Geoff Petrie, who has overseen zero trips to the playoffs under five coaches in the six-plus seasons since Rick Adelman left town, would be willing to move Cousins, preferably in exchange for a dependable veteran of quality

Last edited by pastarocket; 12-29-2012 at 06:30 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #8890

Yea I know Chris has an older bro CJ Paul, I only said younger because this guy I played with tonight was younger.
Same ball as Bonsor though, lot of 1 on 1 and arguing. A lot of the guys at Bonsor I either grew up with or been playing with for years so they my boys, but FCK it gets old

Cousins to Celtics you say eh.... well shieeeet, if anyone can whup Cousins into shape its Kevin Garnett...
Posted via RS Mobile
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #8891

Boston has nothing to offer Sacto. Forget it.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #8892
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Ibaka is a great shot blocker...He's not a great man-to-man defender...
dwight howard wasnt a great man to man defender either. he won it 3 years in a row

what do you think of metta world peace in the DPOY conversation? the guy plays the best players all the time on the floor. hes kinda like the darelle revis of the NBA.

Last edited by zx7rrrr; 12-29-2012 at 09:28 PM.
zx7rrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:10 AM   #8893
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Cousins to Detroit would be a gongshow, there is no leadership on that team right now, and if anything it will be a worse situation then it already is in Sacramento.
I can definitely see the Celtics putting him in his place with so many HOF's on the team.
Maybe they can offer a package like Avery Bradley and Brandon Bass? It's not like Cousins stock is very high right now... at this rate it will just get worse for him. Damn he was always a headcase ... who was hoping that he would have actually "grown up".
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:59 AM   #8894
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Not much the Celtics can give to get Cousins... maybe a package that includes Jeff Green? I doubt the Kings would trade him away without getting some really valuable assets.
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #8895

lol Bradley and Brandon Bass? Jeff Green? You guys are dreaming.

Cousin is a head case but still among the dominant players in the league. Kings are not giving him out for free. I see them firing the coach first before that happens.

You need great managers to manage special talents. Keith Smart is not one of them. Coaching elite talents in the NBA is about managing them, not drawing Xs and Os. Many have failed. Just ask Mike Brown

And Keith Smart cant even draw Xs and Os.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #8896

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
lol Bradley and Brandon Bass? Jeff Green? You guys are dreaming.

Cousin is a head case but still among the dominant players in the league. Kings are not giving him out for free. I see them firing the coach first before that happens.

You need great managers to manage special talents. Keith Smart is not one of them. Coaching elite talents in the NBA is about managing them, not drawing Xs and Os. Many have failed. Just ask Mike Brown

And Keith Smart cant even draw Xs and Os.
Doesn't help when Maloof brothers are overruling everyone else's decisions.....Cousins was suspended by the team and his reinstatement from it on Dec. 24 was "made unilaterally by the team's owners and went against the wishes and planned protocol of the team's front office."

Keith Smart was informed of the decision but was later "allowed" to bench Cousins for Wednesday's game, while GM Geoff Petrie, who has been with the Kings for 19 years, "was not a key part of the reinstatement process."

Roughly speaking, this leaves us with a disgruntled (to be kind) franchise player who is being pressured to take the team's suggestion that he see a psychiatrist, a puppet coach whose rotations and game management defy logic, a GM who is reduced to a cipher now at the most critical junctures (and who is "all but certain" to leave the team after the season), and a pair of nouveau-broke millionaire owners who are trying to sell the Kings at an above-value price of $500 million on the pretext that a new owner could move it to a more lucrative market. At this point, the only dignified thing that could save the NBA's image here is for the other owners to pressure the Maloofs to sell the team to Sacto buyers.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #8897
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
I understand Cousins is a good big man, great skillset, but his mindset is like a highschooler, always getting T'd up and doing stupid shit on the court, you can only imagine what he does off the court? Definitely enough to get him suspended indefinitely. The management will want something significant back for him of course, but the league knows his trade value plummetted because he most likely won't be playing for the Kings long term. If the league knows he wants to be traded, they won't offer fair value for him.

Just look at all the deals involving players wanting out of the city in recent memory, just off the top of my head:
Dwight to LA, Orlando got... I have no idea, none of the players acquired are even in the rotation, and a bunch of lower-end draft picks from playoff teams.
VC to the Nets. Toronto got Zo who was bought out, so Eric Williams was the best player going back ... wtf?
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #8898

Dwight only gone for chump changes after a two-year long drama and because his contract is expiring and he's bolting anyways. That's why I said they're gonna fire the coach first.

You think the Maloofs gonna be able to sell the team with a bunch of chumps and without its star players?

Detroit is actually their best shot IF they are moving Cousins now with either Monroe or Drummond but I doubt they're even interested. They have 2 very young and promising centers as is.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:03 PM   #8899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Dwight only gone for chump changes after a two-year long drama and because his contract is expiring and he's bolting anyways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Dwight to LA, Orlando got... I have no idea, none of the players acquired are even in the rotation, and a bunch of lower-end draft picks from playoff teams.
Arron Afflalo, Nikola Vucevic, and Moe Harkless, along with Al Harrington, Josh McRoberts, and Christian Eyenga....2 of those guys are finding success in their starting line-up and Moe Harkless has shown glimpses of being a very solid player......Not exactly chump change for a guy who is leaving at the end of the season....Afflalo is only 27 and is averaging 17 points while Vucevic is only 22 and already averaging a double-double...

Cousins is signed until 2014, making his situation completely different situation than Dwight's, Melo's (who the Nuggets got a lot for btw), Chris Paul's (also think the Hornets got a decent amount for him too, if Eric Gordon ends up being somewhat healthy)......If they still have Cousins next season however, then Cousins will have more leverage as most teams won't risk giving up much for this hothead when he might not even be there for more than half a season.....

Edit: My bad, the Kings can have Cousins for even longer than the 2014 season, as he becomes a restricted free agent then, not unrestricted...thus, my last statement on Cousins having more leverage is completely false...He really has no leverage on the situation at all...

Last edited by bballguy; 12-30-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #8900
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Monta Ellis.. lol
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: