REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 02:59 PM   #801
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,323 Posts
At the right price and assuming he's there from the beginning like Gillis said he'd require I hope he wants to play and signs here.
Advertisement

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 07-02-2009, 03:02 PM   #802
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
It's ok guys...we got Nycholat back so everything should be fine...

All jokes aside..I'm happy that we didn't overpay anyone..and I wouldn't mind seeing Kaberle here but what would it take to get him is the question.
Probably something extremely favourable to the Leafs, as Burke/Nonis have a hate on for Gillis and co.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:25 PM   #803
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/cbj090702.html

Everyone seems to be looking for 10-12 year deals
Old 07-02-2009, 03:36 PM   #804
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Sundin for around $3.5 would be a decent deal. He does bring a lot to the team but let's not forget we have several leaders on the team already in Luongo, Kesler and Mitchell. If we signed Gaborik for $7.5m in addition to the $6m we're paying each Sedin, you could probably wave goodbye to Kesler and Luongo.

I think the whole Heatley situation in Ottawa is hilarious. While I wouldn't mind seeing Heater playing alongside the Sedins, I wouldn't give anything significant for him given this whole fiasco.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:38 PM   #805
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

bringing in gabby or heaty for that price isnt worth it. lets worry about signing/keeping and developing what we have first.

why bring in heatly when hes got a piss poor attitude and wants out anytime hes not happy
Old 07-02-2009, 03:49 PM   #806
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,522 Times in 5,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Did you hear Gillis on 1040 this morning? Nothing but praise for Sundin and the "intangibles" he brought to the team, especially for the young guys. From what he was saying, sounds like Sundin would be very interested in playing here again next season, and MG would be happy to bring him back, if they can get the right deal done. Obviously $10M ain't gonna happen, and Sunny would have to actually be there from training camp onward, no more parachuting in the middle of the season... but damn, would be good to see him skating with us another year.
only heard tidbits of the interview but i always praised the move from the beggining due to the things sundin brings on and off the ice

And yes heatly situation is quite funny, but if i was a team why would you want to pick up a winer that quits on the team as soon as he wants out

it will most likely be a have-not team that picks him up, with edmonton in the background crying on their knees

a big LOL @ edmonton, what a pathetic franchise/city lol
Old 07-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #807
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Heatley to Flames for Phenuef....that would be scary...

On another thought. Flamers reporters are going to have some boring interviews this season. Have you guys heard BOuwmeester talk...he's monotone and says "u know" A LOT...

These guys are such boring interviews...
Old 07-02-2009, 04:22 PM   #808
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS View Post

On another thought. Flamers reporters are going to have some boring interviews this season. Have you guys heard BOuwmeester talk...he's monotone and says "u know" A LOT...

good thing we are not in Calgary :P
Old 07-02-2009, 04:31 PM   #809
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Sundin for around $3.5 would be a decent deal. He does bring a lot to the team but let's not forget we have several leaders on the team already in Luongo, Kesler and Mitchell. If we signed Gaborik for $7.5m in addition to the $6m we're paying each Sedin, you could probably wave goodbye to Kesler and Luongo.
+1

No one knew how good or how bad Sundin's on ice performance was going to be last year, but based off of his last few years on the Leafs, the $10M per year seemed like a good idea.
As for Gaborik, we know his hip/groin is a questionable area. When he isn't injured, he is one the best players in the league today. But he has only averaged 50 games each season in the last 4 years.

Knowing what we know now, I am pretty sure Sundin is not going to get $10M a season, but at $3-4M I can see some team offering him that. He is still a potential offensive threat. Look at the playoffs last year. He can still play as a #2 center and contribute on the PP. Off the ice, he shows a lot of leadership and is a good mentor even though some people have said other wise. As for Gabby, he is in the same boat. NYR wanted to take the gamble thinking his injuries are all better and he would be able to lead them to the cup. Can you imagine what would have happened in Vancouver if Gillis was able to sign him. Either he plays well and everyone says Gillis is a genuis, and no one will say shit that we lost Kesler and/or Luongo the following year due to cap issues. Or Gabby has a bad year due to injuries and everyone wants to lynch Gillis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 07-02-2009, 05:17 PM   #810
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,719 Times in 392 Posts
A good FA right for the transition period (before cody, grabs, and the new guy get good) would be Koivu. Instead of Sundin. 2 year 4-5ml a season????hmmm

Then maybe use Schiender as trade bait for a solid defencemen?

Oh Koivu's stats more recent stats;
GP G A PTS PIM Playoffs
2005-06 Montreal Canadiens NHL 72 17 45 62 70 3 0 2
2006-07 Montreal Canadiens NHL 81 22 53 75 74 -- -- --
2007-08 Montreal Canadiens NHL 77 16 40 56 93 7 3 6
2008-09 Montreal Canadiens NHL 65 16 34 50 44 4 0 3
Old 07-02-2009, 05:19 PM   #811
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,600 Times in 4,311 Posts
I personally think Koivu may be too small to play in the west since having all the issues the past 4 years
Old 07-02-2009, 05:28 PM   #812
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,719 Times in 392 Posts
My problem with Sundin though is that hes a slug now. He wasnt ever fast before, but hes messin up the line changes. At least with Koivu you get the leadership of Sundin, with some more speed. Sundin is never going to hit, nor will Koivu.

Just a thought I guess...
Old 07-02-2009, 06:59 PM   #813
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS View Post

"you know" reminds me of our good friend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpc4COg8YBU

Watch this - it's so awesome
Old 07-02-2009, 09:59 PM   #814
My homepage has been set to RS

I'd like to see what Sundin can do by starting the season off in shape.

Remember all those teams making huge offer sheets to him last year? All gone. But he's essentially still the same player, no?
Old 07-02-2009, 10:39 PM   #815
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,257 Times in 2,367 Posts
It doesn't sound like Sundin is getting in shape, he's too busy fishing. If I were him and I was looking to come back for another season, I would be working out like crazy.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:26 PM   #816
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
http://insidepittsburghsports.com/st...-frenzy/13689/

Quote:
8.19pm
No offer to Sykora
Petr Sykora has drawn interest from up to 4 teams including the Vancouver Canucks, Preds and Kings.

2.25pm
Market for Kovalev
The market has been relatively quiet on the Alexi Kovalev front. He has offers on the table from the NJ Devils, Vancouver Canucks and LA Kings.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:34 PM   #817
In RS I Trust

I would be happy with getting both of them
Old 07-02-2009, 11:45 PM   #818
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
I don't think we can afford both of them and sign other players we would need as well.
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 07-02-2009, 11:46 PM   #819
d1
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Signing Kovalev would be nice. He looks like such a lazy/selfish player but it can't be denied that he's quite skilled
Old 07-02-2009, 11:50 PM   #820
In RS I Trust

Sykora was only paid 2.5 last year. He didn't do all that much we could prob sign him for a 3 year deal for 6-6.3mill

Kovalev made 4.5 last season, I say see if we can sign in for 3mill thats 5-6mill for both players which still leaves us with 4mill for are back end.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:54 PM   #821
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1 View Post
Signing Kovalev would be nice. He looks like such a lazy/selfish player but it can't be denied that he's quite skilled
I'm pretty sure he's not like that. Wasn't it him, last year, that got pissed at his team for partying too much? Seems like he's the kind of guy that wants to win.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:12 AM   #822
d1
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

I'm sure he wants to win - everyone does. If you watch him play it looks like he isn't trying half the time; barely skating or checking. He's a selfish player in that he hogs the puck, especially on the power play. From what I've seen, he often just holds onto the puck and either tries to snipe it or pass through three defenders - neither of which worked that often.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:00 AM   #823
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Sundin is a hall of famer whose intangibles are worth as much as his production

gaborik is neither.
You're insane if you'd pick Sundin over Gaborik. Gaborik is in for a big year...his past injuries were due to a deficiency in his hip that have been corrected with his last surgery. His groin should be able to hold up from now on.

Sundin is past his prime. He was slow and a non-factor in the playoffs. If MG is going to sign any veterans it better Kovalev. With what happened in Montreal he's got a lot to prove and I hope its going to be with the Canucks.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:25 AM   #824
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,257 Times in 2,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
You're insane if you'd pick Sundin over Gaborik. Gaborik is in for a big year...his past injuries were due to a deficiency in his hip that have been corrected with his last surgery. His groin should be able to hold up from now on.

Sundin is past his prime. He was slow and a non-factor in the playoffs. If MG is going to sign any veterans it better Kovalev. With what happened in Montreal he's got a lot to prove and I hope its going to be with the Canucks.
+1.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:36 AM   #825
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,522 Times in 5,741 Posts
Mg isn't dumb enough to sign kovalev.