REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-09-2018, 01:44 PM   #1026
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,515 Times in 4,906 Posts
I was charging my car at the Marine Drive Canadian Tire. I parked next to a Leaf with Washington plates. The car looked like it was connected, but the lights on the dash were not on or flashing. They must have just got here, because I think the charger would have timed out. Anyway, I pushed the connector further in until it clicked. Sure enough the car was in need of a charge, as only the first led was blinking.
Advertisement
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-24-2018, 09:53 PM   #1027
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
Found a dog crossing the road around 10pm when I was driving home from work. Didn't see anyone around. Parked the car and picked the dog up, it had a collar with an address. Luckily it was only half a block away so I took the dog to the address. The owner was on its way out when I got there and was grateful that I returned the dog. Feels good. 2nd doge saved.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2018, 01:38 PM   #1028
MG1

All my stories come from charging my EV, lol. Anyway, I went to Superstore in Coquitlam this morning. Got some groceries, while I charged for free. Anyway, on my way back to the car, I see this woman trying to get into her car using a coat hanger. in no time flat, two other gents came by to give her a hand. Anyway, she left her keys on the passenger seat in plain sight. The vehicle was an older Toyota something. I asked her if she was a BCAA member. Nope, but she had a Canadian Tire thing........ roadside assistance? Anyway, she said a tow truck had been contacted and it will arrive in 45 minutes. Meanwhile one of the guys was frantically trying to get the coat hanger to go in. Not having much luck. I asked what the point was, because there was no way the keys would fit past the door. The car was an older model with hand crank windows and smooth unlock button. She said she didn't care if the door seal or paint got damaged. I told her to wait it out. The other guy manage to get the coat hanger onto the window crank, yay! Only one problem. The crank opens in the other direction. Anyway long story short, I decided to help, instead of supervising and cheerleading. I went to my car looking for tools. For some unknown, god forsaken reason, I had one of these in the car.

Multi-Tool - Lee Valley Tools

Yeah, from that store that sell useless, overpriced junk to yuppies, hee hee, hue hue, pew pew.

It did the trick. I used the axe part to open up the door a bit (wedged and then twists 90 degrees - did I mention she didn't care about the door seal and paint?). The other guy and I managed to get the coat hanger wedged in between the button and glass and we got that sucker opened. Lady was like so happy. She hugged the other guy so hard, but not me, gulolol. Wait, what? hee hee..........

It was a good thing we got that car unlocked, because the clowns at Canadian Tire sent the tow truck to the wrong Superstore, lol.

Lady had groceries that were perishable and she had been at it for quite some time already. Anyway, it felt good helping out someone in need.

Last edited by MG1; 06-05-2018 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 06:23 PM   #1029
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Nothing crazy.

I went to Bakery Sate to grab a coffee and snack during my break. I probably sat down for a good 30 minutes in there.

A lady with a stroller and 3 toddlers walked in. The lady must've spent 3-5 minutes talking to the barista what she wanted. She checked her phone case, her stroller, her pockets and realized no wallet. "I have money in my Starbucks app". Lol.
As soon as she said sorry to the barista and was walking away, I got up, said to her "this may sound crazy, but I'll pay for your order."
The staff was very kind to offer me a discount on the order.

Nothing special. Just a simple random act of kindness.
way2quik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 07:51 AM   #1030
Banned By Establishment

Did a closet purge and decided to donate everything to Richmond Animal Protection Society Thrift Store.
I chose them b/c most of the money actually goes to the animal shelter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2018, 11:59 AM   #1031

Thanked 6,699 Times in 1,626 Posts
Was driving to get groceries when I noticed something small and black smack middle in an intersection. Pulled to a side street, and walked to it to confirm my suspicions that it was indeed a wallet. Guy probably had it on his dash, window opened, and turned -- and didn't notice.

Anyway I drove to the guy's house and he's frantically rummaging in his car and looking around. Returned him the wallet and he gave me a high-five lol.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2018, 12:16 PM   #1032
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
So I walked in to a arcade that I haven't been to in a while cuz I had time to kill and I wanted to play some KOF but I'm terrible at it, also the fact that there was a line up

So I thought I play some street fighter while I wait and after I won like 15 games in a row (ppl there kinda sucked, worst then me) I just gave up, let this kid that want to play my coins and game

Kid was with his father and they just wanted to enjoy the time they spend with each other, plus I was going for dinner anyways

As I was leaving I saw an old friend that still plays in that arcade, we had nice chat/catch up

Bought $30 as I expecting to get raped in KOF (also enough to kill an HR worth of time), ended up spending just $2 and then gave the rest $28 away for free to a random kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:59 PM   #1033
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
Anyway I drove to the guy's house and he's frantically rummaging in his car and looking around. Returned him the wallet and he gave me a high-five lol.
I would have got you a beer lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
So I walked in to a arcade that I haven't been to in a while cuz I had time to kill and I wanted to play some KOF but I'm terrible at it, also the fact that there was a line up

So I thought I play some street fighter while I wait and after I won like 15 games in a row (ppl there kinda sucked, worst then me) I just gave up, let this kid that want to play my coins and game

Kid was with his father and they just wanted to enjoy the time they spend with each other, plus I was going for dinner anyways

As I was leaving I saw an old friend that still plays in that arcade, we had nice chat/catch up

Bought $30 as I expecting to get raped in KOF (also enough to kill an HR worth of time), ended up spending just $2 and then gave the rest $28 away for free to a random kid
Whoa I thought I was reading a post from 1997 lol, I didn't know KOF was still popular in arcades, a lineup? Crazy, I remember pumping quarters into that machine non-stop trying to beat this kid from highschool that was crushing everyone with just Iori haha, those nut smashes on his 3rd combo hit lmao. Which place did you go, so many arcades are gone now.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 03:12 AM   #1034

^
I work in China now and 97 98 2001 is still very popular with the crowd in China (xiaohai still stream old skool kof online as ppl still care)

I think Espot still has older kof, they convert their dragon ball machine to 98 (I was a little disappointed since I found my card for dragon ball lol)

Quote:
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
Old 06-27-2018, 09:44 PM   #1035
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Ohh that would explain it. E-Spot arcade is pretty dead, sometimes random kids jamming on the drum or guitar DDR. That's about it. The Street Fighter, KOF machines are always empty.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 10:41 PM   #1036
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman88 View Post
Did a closet purge and decided to donate everything to Richmond Animal Protection Society Thrift Store.
I chose them b/c most of the money actually goes to the animal shelter.

I did something similar. Had some clothing to donate. Mind you is not even that worn out, just I grow out of the style or they are too small now. Some of them I didn't even wear it. Was donating to this 2nd hand clothing which sold used clothes for cheap to people in need. Man they attitude they give when i donate my clothing. I have 2 garbage bags for them and they look piss when i drop them off coz I guess they have to sort it.

I already throw away like worn out clothes so the stuff I donate to them is in good condition. Not sure why they give me attitude. Makes me just want to throw away my clothes now when I clean up my apartment again.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:02 PM   #1037
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
I did something similar. Had some clothing to donate. Mind you is not even that worn out, just I grow out of the style or they are too small now. Some of them I didn't even wear it. Was donating to this 2nd hand clothing which sold used clothes for cheap to people in need. Man they attitude they give when i donate my clothing. I have 2 garbage bags for them and they look piss when i drop them off coz I guess they have to sort it.

I already throw away like worn out clothes so the stuff I donate to them is in good condition. Not sure why they give me attitude. Makes me just want to throw away my clothes now when I clean up my apartment again.
This...is why I hate to say it. Sometimes I just throw out good stuff because it's not worth my time to get flack.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:39 AM   #1038

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
i would complain to management about those lazy fuck heads on the spot,you can't do you're job to the fullest than you shouldn't be there.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:15 PM   #1039
Banned By Establishment

Just found a new bully stick on the ground. Drive around a few blocks and back to where I found it and came across the couple that dropped it.
They were riding bicycles with their dog in tow and said they were trying to find the doggy treat. My dog loves bully sticks so I knew I had to find them to return it.
Their doggy looked very appreciative when I pulled it out to give it back.

This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2018, 12:16 PM   #1040
Banned By Establishment

Random Acts of Kindness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post

If you are ever downtown, you can always donate to Covenant house which helps homeless youths.

Last edited by racerman88; 06-30-2018 at 03:16 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2018, 03:51 PM   #1041
MG1

I was at the Burnaby Now Newspaper Office picking up this week’s edition. We have no delivery in our neighbourhood. Anyway, as I’m about to get to the exit, this older gent in a beat up Chrysler minivan flags me down. He says, in a uber thick euro accent, that he’s very low on fuel and wanted to know where the nearest petro station was. I was going to direct him to the Lougheed Mall Esso but thought it might be better to direct him to the Bainbridge one. If he runs out of petro, it’s a lot easier to pull over on that stretch of Lougheed.

I made the mistake of telling him it’s a quarter mile west from where we were. As soon as he left, I realized it’s at least a mile or two away. I decided to follow him in case he ran out of gas. Anyway, he’s driving a beat up Chrysler that can barely make 80 kmph, so I rip past him and directed him to the station. He was thankful that I made sure he made it safely.

I guess this would be a gas guzzler’s version of range anxiety.

BTW, BCAA apparently has an emergency vehicle that can charge electric cars that run out of juice. Nice!

This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2018, 07:47 PM   #1042

Thanked 4,533 Times in 1,520 Posts
I was driving through my neighborhood on the way to the gym. A grandma flagged me down and told me that I need to call 911 for some lady who is hurt.

Went to go see what happened and the lady (milf) was playing with the dog and the baby, and snapped her ankle. Called the ambulance then called her husband. Her husband was on the way, so I offered to take her dog home. It was a big black dog. I'm not good with dogs, but I'm even worse with babies.

So I got her address and access code, took her dog home, and went to the gym. End of story.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2018, 07:59 PM   #1043

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
access code

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 08:31 PM   #1044
MG1

You know, people throw that Acronym, Milf, around without knowing what it means. Like Christy Clark. She was asked by a radio host, I believe, “Do you consider yourself a Milf?” She answers with, I guess I am?” ffs, Christy, it means Mothers I’d Like to Fuck.

Now, if this really is a milf, I’m with yray on this one. “Access Code Nao!”

Also, pics or it didn’t happen. And, I’m not talking about the dog.

Thanks given anyway. Pics will be bonus.

Old 08-07-2018, 03:49 PM   #1045
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Biking home from work. Going south up Ontario and around 5th I saw a dude with one leg on a wheelchair going backwards up the hill. He was pushing himself up with his one leg.
I offered him a push up the hill and he held my bike.

At 8th an older arabic sounding man joined in and helped.

We pushed him up to a church on 10th. Dude was heading there to collect food vouchers somehow bombed down the hill by accident and wiped out at the bottom. He said some guy helped him put his wheel back on so good on that guy too.
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-28-2018, 04:58 AM   #1046

last year a found an iPhone X at arcade inside the mall, I gave it to the manager by saying "remember that iPhone X u ask about when I was going to HK, well I got u lol" as a joke (owner came by and pick it up)

This year I gave the manager a even bigger gift and super expensive one too lol

I just told him "I just topped off the iPhone X from last year lol, this year I got u a car.........but not just any car, got u a Porsche lol" and manager went WTF

I told them that my phone died so I can't contact the owner but he's a tall dude with a blue cap.........and owner came back for his car, happy ending there lol

Edit: reminds of that episode of friends where Joey found a set of Porsche car keys too and started pretending to be the owner lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (96.4 KB, 0 views)

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 08-28-2018, 07:25 AM   #1047

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
t he's a tall dude with a blue cap.........and owner came back for his car, happy ending there lol
its radioman

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 12:43 PM   #1048

Went my friends place today for lunch after the crazy typhoon that hit

He lives in district and area where my grandfather grew up.........man good thing I don't live there cuz I have no mobile network signal what so ever, so the way back my transit card ran out of money and I have almost no mobile network there (so I can't even pay $1 for the bus ride)

My smallest bill was $10, so I ask but no one had any intill this nice lady that gave me a $1 for the ride

So later on in my day I found a wallet with around $500 of cash inside at a book store.........so I did the WRONG thing by returning the wallet with the cash inside to the front desk counter

Someone was nice to me, so I return the favor later on in the day to someone else

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Old 09-19-2018, 01:13 PM   #1049
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

saw a hit and run at a parking lot, didn't catch the plate in time so I chased after it to jot it down.
went back in to the restaurant and left a note for the waiters to find the owners
owners contacted me few hours later and thanked me
icbc called me and I was a witness
ppck is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2018, 09:30 PM   #1050

Thanked 4,533 Times in 1,520 Posts
Taught some kid in my neighborhood how to change a flat LOL. I was tempted not to help, but he was struggling, so I figure this would be a good time to pay back the act of kindness towards myself.

I learned how to change a flat in first year. Drove the civic to an exam. After exam, some guy pointed out my tires are flat RIP. It was snowing and I didn't know how to change it. What a terrible experience. Luckily, the guy taught me and helped me put it on.

I hope I gave this kid a better learning experience than I had.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is online now   Reply With Quote