REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-10-2016, 07:19 PM   #976
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
You doing great stuff, Zedbra.

Now to introduce them to NSMB...
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2016, 09:26 PM   #977
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Wow it took me forever to find this thread and I'm shocked no one has posted in it since Aug....

I was at Canadian tire yesterday getting some water jug's filled and on the way to the store I see an older women (grandmother type) with a massive Christmas tree box in her back seat trying to get it out to return it. I of course turned around because I walked by first and asked her if she needed which and of course she couldn't stop thanking me. She bought it for her son and he didn't need it and she has no idea how she was going to get it into the store. She said Merry Christmas and the smile and thankfulness on her face made my day!!
Nice!

Maybe is just me but it feels the skytrain is fill with rude people for the past few months? Not counting the people that would block your way out or just standing by the door even through there are lot's of room in the center. I been noticing on the way to work there is this lady who when you ask nicely for her to move she would not. I sat beside her a few times (me inside and she outside) And everytime she made you say Can you please excuse me? before she lets you me. Now the bus I take is like at 6:40am so most people who are on it is like half asleep and she made you say it so loud that half of the people on bus would wake up. If you don't say it loud enough she would keep saying "I can't hear you, you need to speak louder." Clearly she could hear you but she loves to wake everyone up.

One time I got so fed up with her BS. I scream at the top of my lungs : CAN YOU PLEASE MOVE YOUR STUPID ASS SO I CAN GET OFF! I AM SCREAMING RIGHT IN YOUR FACE BECAUSE EVERY FUCKING TIME YOU MADE SURE TO WAKE HALF OF THE PEOPLE ON THE BUS WAKES UP FOR YOU TO MOVE, ASSHOLE. Oh the look on her face. From that day on she dare not sit next to me again.

Also I notice more and more people are not giving up their seats for the others (disable, elderly). If I see ppl needs it I would give up seat (assuming I didn't fall asleep). But I see people these days just pretending they didn't see anyone needing a seat and on purpose stare at their phone.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:51 PM   #978
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Helped my neighbor, who is probably 70+, shovel the snow on his sidewalk and front steps. He was quite appreciative. Been his neighbour for quite a while but this is the first time I did it.

People who moved out of their parents house should go back and help their parents shovel their houses too.
Old 12-11-2016, 10:27 PM   #979
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,921 Times in 3,876 Posts
^ and if you live in a climate where it snows a lot, buy them a snowblower.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:37 PM   #980
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,278 Times in 1,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
^making a difference one smile at a time. Your kids are going to grow up with all the right attitudes.

Instead of whining about stuff, your family is making the difference. Please keep on keeping on. Great inspiration for us all.
Almost always gets me teary eyed when I ask a kid what they want for Christmas and they tell me 'to make poor kids and their moms and dads happy'. I ask them why not a <insert toy here> and they tell me that love is the only gift we can give without going broke.

^ Ok, that was my favourite response but I've heard many other enlightening responses. There is hope for future generations.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2016, 11:31 PM   #981
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Coming home from the gym last week during one of the really snowy nights. Noticed 2 people walking in the middle of the road dragging their luggage behind them. My guess is that they were walking in the middle of the road because that was the only place where the snow was compact enough for them to walk.

I pulled over and offered them both a ride. They looked relieved, turns out both of them were walking to the skytrain (about a 30 min walk from where I picked them up). Had a fun chat while I drove them to the nearest sky train. I wished them a safe trip and went on my way!
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 06:38 AM   #982
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Went to watch fly over Canada with gf this weekend. The two ladies in front of us went to the wrong line up (basically they bought the regular ticket and they line up at the express line). I was behind them the whole time. When the person told them they have to line up at the regular line up because they were at the wrong line up, the two ladies got piss and started making stuff up saying the staff told them to line up there. Not true they didn't ask anyone.

The staff call the supervisor and I told the supervisor that the two ladies never ever ask or spoke to the staff at all and they just assuming this is the line up for regular becasue they didn't want to wait in the long line up. The two ladies good so angry and just left. Sorry ladies your own fault.

The supervisor at fly over canada give me a smile lol.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2016, 08:02 AM   #983
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Went to watch fly over Canada with gf this weekend. The two ladies in front of us went to the wrong line up (basically they bought the regular ticket and they line up at the express line). I was behind them the whole time. When the person told them they have to line up at the regular line up because they were at the wrong line up, the two ladies got piss and started making stuff up saying the staff told them to line up there. Not true they didn't ask anyone.

The staff call the supervisor and I told the supervisor that the two ladies never ever ask or spoke to the staff at all and they just assuming this is the line up for regular becasue they didn't want to wait in the long line up. The two ladies good so angry and just left. Sorry ladies your own fault.

The supervisor at fly over canada give me a smile lol.
I don't know if this qualifies as being kind lol...in fact it's a bit of a dick move.
Spoiler!
inv4zn is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2016, 08:07 AM   #984

Was at Oakridge a few nights ago and there was a lady with her hood propped open looking completely lost, in the dark.

Turns out she had a CEL on, and her husband told her to buy oil and fill it - apparently he knew about it lol.

Anyway she had no idea what she was doing and had no flashlight, she had the caps open for the crankcase, brake booster, and windshield fluid lol. So I pulled out my flashlight out and helped her. Crankcase was nearly empty lol.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2016, 08:10 AM   #985
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
I donated five bucks to this children's charity in front of the Canadian Tire entrance at Grandview Highway location on Sunday. -was returning an item to the store for a refund.

-asked the staff at the charity stand what the donations were for. The funds are assisting children in low income families.

When I was satisfied that this charity was not a scam, or a scheme from Scamthony Epizona's countrymen/countrywomen, I put five bucks into the donation box.

The white lady wished me "Have a wonder holiday this season!"
Old 12-12-2016, 09:04 AM   #986

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
I don't know if this qualifies as being kind lol...in fact it's a bit of a dick move.
How is that a dick move? It helped the supervisor know the ladies were making stuff up to try and get the staff in trouble.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2016, 10:54 AM   #987
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Didnt soneone buy A Bunch Of Winter Coats For The Homeless One Year? My Friend And I Are In The Process Of Doing The Same, Well Hes DoIng All The Work I Guess Im Just Putting In SOme Money

But I Thought Id Share The Old Story On Rs With Him But I ant FInd It

Also Anyone Know Why My Phone Wants To Capitalize Each Word. . .
StylinRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 11:36 AM   #988
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Didnt soneone buy A Bunch Of Winter Coats For The Homeless One Year? My Friend And I Are In The Process Of Doing The Same, Well Hes DoIng All The Work I Guess Im Just Putting In SOme Money

But I Thought Id Share The Old Story On Rs With Him But I ant FInd It

Also Anyone Know Why My Phone Wants To Capitalize Each Word. . .
It was skiipi - and he was the one that inspired me to start doing the same actions with my sons; so this was our second year doing this now.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/59227...ml#post8706282
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2016, 12:10 PM   #989

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
How is that a dick move? It helped the supervisor know the ladies were making stuff up to try and get the staff in trouble.
It was definitely doing the right thing, but it wasn't kind lol

Doing something kind would be like offering to pay the difference so there's no shouting, or something.

I donno, acts of kindness are supposed to make everyone leave happy. As much as they deserved it, the two cunts left angry because of OP stepping up.

I hope you see my point
Old 12-12-2016, 12:34 PM   #990

Quote:
Spoiler!
I help out the customer service rep there... instead of her supervisor yelling at her.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:38 PM   #991

Quote:
It was definitely doing the right thing, but it wasn't kind lol

Doing something kind would be like offering to pay the difference so there's no shouting, or something.

I donno, acts of kindness are supposed to make everyone leave happy. As much as they deserved it, the two cunts left angry because of OP stepping up.

I hope you see my point
I see your point but I would do it again lol.

Today I came on the skytrain with this lady there was a seat so I kinda of step aside to let her take it. She stand there too. So it went on for like 10secs so I took the seat @@
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2016, 02:52 PM   #992
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Woke up Saturday around noon and one of the neighbour has already shoveled the sidewalk in front of my house.

Woke up this morning we had roughly 3 inches of snow on the ground then I went on and shoveled the sidewalk for the houses on both side of mine to return the favor.

Merry x'mas people!
fishCak3s is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-13-2016, 11:31 PM   #993
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Found a Samsung phone and returned it to its owner, even offered me a decent cash reward but I didn't take it.
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2016, 07:38 AM   #994
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
On the way to work I drove by an old lady scraping her windshield with a dustpan...?!?!!?

I pulled over and took out my scraper and did her windshields and windows. She said she couldn't find her scraper and hasn't had time to go buy one. I told her to keep mine.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 11:23 AM   #995
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
On the way to work I drove by an old lady scraping her windshield with a dustpan...?!?!!?

I pulled over and took out my scraper and did her windshields and windows. She said she couldn't find her scraper and hasn't had time to go buy one. I told her to keep mine.
I just use my CARE card to scrape the windows - I like the irony of using my health card to help me drive safer and not get hurt.

Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2016, 02:11 PM   #996

On Monday my mom went to the Bay, bought a Christmas gift for my sister, paid, put the receipt in the bag, and left the bag on the counter and came home

Anyway she was rather upset not only at potentially losing money but because she's felt this is a direct result of her starting to get older.

So I asked her for as much details about what she bought, total price, time, etc., and went down to the Bay last night. Asked around and they checked upstairs office and lost/found, but they didn't have anything.

So I found the thing mom had originally bought, bought it again, and lied to my mom that they had kept it and returned it to me. I kept the receipt with me and made up some bs about them having lost the receipt and whatever haha.

I realize this is my mom and not some stranger, but she was super happy and relieved. I could tell she was bothered by making the mistake in the first place, but having it "resolved" softened the blow I guess, I donno. She really was quite happy.

Be nice to your parents, especially if they're getting older
Old 12-14-2016, 03:04 PM   #997

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
I just use my CARE card to scrape the windows - I like the irony of using my health card to help me drive safer and not get hurt.

Unless your OG care card is literally cracked in half
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 03:47 PM   #998
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
Unless your OG care card is literally cracked in half
you dont tape it up?
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 09:00 PM   #999

Quote:
Be nice to your parents, especially if they're getting older
You're a good kid, she's lucky to have you.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-14-2016, 09:24 PM   #1000
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
are there any soup kitchens or temp housing i can help out on short notice/walk-in? i got the day off and I feel bad for anyone that has to endure the cold snap
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote