REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:53 AM   #776
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Getting a pizza from 7-11 sounds like the worst decision you could possibly make
Advertisement

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
b0unce. [?] is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-07-2014, 11:29 AM   #777
Banned By Establishment

I know but for a large pizza at that price, I'm not complaining
Old 08-07-2014, 11:50 PM   #778
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
le gf and i strolling by metrotown, and found a woman's purse by an isolated bench. i suspected it had already been rummaged through, as nothing was left but make-up and lots of government + confidential documents. called her number, but no service. skimmed through her documents to find her husband's number, and called him to arrange for a pick-up instead. as suspected, his wife lost it outside Toys R Us, somebody picked it up, ransacked it, and discarded it.

later that evening, walked by a homeless man sitting outside Marketplace IGA crying out for change to buy some food. didn't look him in the eye as i didn't have change, but i came out of the market and surprised him with sandwiches and water

little things, but feelsgoodman.jpg
Old 08-08-2014, 02:13 PM   #779
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Arirang and I were heading over to a friend's house but decided to stop can grab some viet subs for everyone there.

As we're walking into the bakery to get the subs, we notice a homeless guy outside. We make our order and I grabbed an extra sub and gave it to the homeless guy outside. Except when I gave it to him, the homeless guy said he doesn't want it and wants money instead.

I was a little in awe at this point and I told him that I don't have any change since I spent it on the sub. The guy just kept saying how he wants money and not the sub. This may be a byproduct of being Canadian but I apologized for not having change and just handed him the sub and went on my way.

As we're driving away, the guy was already eating the sub.

Even now, I still have no idea what happened and how to really feel about it.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:20 PM   #780
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
The reason why he was saying that is he only wants money to buy crack or meth... Of course he started eating it cause its food and for sure hes hungry but the only thing on his mind is getting that next fix. One reason why I would never give a homeless person money.
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-08-2014, 05:09 PM   #781
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
lol, lady outside a train station asked me for money, for food... i gave her my food, she said she didn't want it. so i proceeded to take the crack i had out and smoke it in front of her. she shoulda just been honest. i had some to spare.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-11-2014, 07:42 AM   #782
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Was visiting a friend around oakridge area. As I was leaving the house a lady came out asking for change. Saying his son have kick her out, she got no where to go etc etc .... and need some money for food. So I give her all my change (is quite a lot lol I think around $15 to 20 worth of change).
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:54 AM   #783
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Sounds like you got scammed
MTV Cribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:01 AM   #784
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Well, stopped by Timmy's this morning and the homeless guy was back. So I bought him a breakfast sandwich and coffee and asked where his metal cart was. He said he's no longer collecting metal, but still collects cans. Didn't really want to press him on why he was gone for a few months.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:22 AM   #785
In RS I Trust

he prob got busted for stealing metal lol
Old 08-24-2014, 08:00 AM   #786
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,064 Times in 1,183 Posts
What would you do if you saw a set of keys sticking out of a car's trunk keyhole?

Spoiler!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi

Last edited by Gumby; 08-24-2014 at 08:05 AM.
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2014, 08:34 AM   #787
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
just cross out name on card next time.......

yeah, it's a good thing you saw it and not some dishonest person.

We are all car owners and we forget sometimes when we are in a hurry. I wish we had something like rep power bars, like they do on some forums. I'd give you lots...... thank you long tme.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:35 PM   #788
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

On my drive home tonight, I happened to see a Husky wandering along the sidewalk by himself in Richmond. I didn't see an owner near by so I quickly pulled a u-turn back to the dog. Pulled over and called the dog over. He was more than happy to see someone. Luckily he had a collar with a number on it. Called the number and the owner gratefully came by to pick him up. It seemed like he was about 4-5 blocks away from home.

Another lost dog situation prevented!

bartone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:41 PM   #789
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Last week I was visiting a friend at vgh who had surgery, I parked by emergency and walked up to the pattison building, as I was walking I started feeding quarters into all the meters I seen that were expired. there was a couple that was just parking as I was passing so I put a toonie into their meter and all I got was funny looks like I was crazy lol

RS Feedback Rating
CrisQo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2014, 08:59 PM   #790
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,855 Times in 889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisQo View Post
Last week I was visiting a friend at vgh who had surgery, I parked by emergency and walked up to the pattison building, as I was walking I started feeding quarters into all the meters I seen that were expired. there was a couple that was just parking as I was passing so I put a toonie into their meter and all I got was funny looks like I was crazy lol
People pay by phones now, so an empty meter doesnt necessarily mean it's expired. Either way, the city thanks you for your act of kindness
bobbinka is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2014, 03:27 PM   #791
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,245 Times in 274 Posts

best rak I've read about.
Godzira is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2014, 07:16 PM   #792
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
One Internet bro fist for that guy.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2014, 07:26 PM   #793
In RS I Trust

watch the dude is actually famous lol
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2014, 02:24 PM   #794
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
I have an International Student here from Brazil and this morning he seemed a little bummed out. I asked him why the frown? He tells me in Brazil today is Kids' Day - where parents buy something and/or do something nice with their kids - and he was feeling a little homesick.

Then he tells me that him and a few other Brazillian students were heading out to Boston Pizza for lunch. I was heading out with my sons to go to the beach, but on my way I stopped in at Boston Pizza, bought a $100 gift card, and explained to them to give it to my 'son' coming in with other friends. I showed them a pic, wrote down his name and about an hour later I get a text from him thanking him for lunch - and his friends were blown away. I replied that it is Kids' Day in Canada today as well.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:24 PM   #795
In RS I Trust

This was really touching and I like how Bieksa is acting like its no big deal as well.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1722843/ho...ung-mans-life/

Quote:
Finishing a Lego Set is a satisfying moment for any person.

For Wilson Liu, a two-year journey completing a giant Death Star set carried extra significance.

It’s not just that Wilson is blind, or that he has a fatal degenerative disorder. And it’s not just that Wilson was given the Lego Set during a chance encounter with a Vancouver Canuck.

For Wilson, finishing a three thousand, eight hundred and three-piece Death Star is a symbol of everything he’s overcome and the unique opportunities he’s been provided.

“Wilson is very proud of the things he’s accomplished,” says his care manger Jasmine Prasad. “He doesn’t let this disease stop him from doing anything he wants to achieve.”

Wilson hasn’t seen the Star Wars movies in nine years, but because they were his favourite films when he was young, he can still remember visuals in detail.

“There’s his lightsaber,” he says, describing Darth Maul. “It’s red on one end, and red on the other end too…it’s evil.”

When he was six, Wilson was diagnosed with Batten disease. It’s a terminal illness that first robbed Wilson of his sight and has slowly confined him to a wheelchair.

Wilson’s family doesn’t have much – his father works at a noodle restaurant while his mom cares for him full-time – but they were able to give him a wide range of opportunities as he grew up thanks to provincial funding. Two years ago, when he was 18, that funding was about to run out.

“There was a lot of uncertainty,” says Prasad. “It was difficult for Wilson, we didn’t know what would happen, if he would have any workers be with him.”

It was during that time, when Prasad and Wilson’s family were trying to find a longer-term solution for his care, that the two of them were in Oakridge Mall. Wilson enjoyed playing with the Lego Sets, especially the Star Wars ones. And especially the Death Star set.

But with a price around $600, it was too much for Wilson’s family.

“I had been trying for months and months to get Wilson this Death Star before I stopped working for him,” said Prasad, hoping that it might be a nice goodbye present to Kevin before she stopped being his care manager.

It was then she saw Kevin Bieksa.

“I said excuse me, Mr. Bieksa, would you mind meeting Wilson?” said Prasad, remembering their chance encounter.

Bieksa began talking to Wilson about his upcoming 19th birthday and his favourite Lego sets. Wilson bragged that he just finished the Millennium Falcon.

“What about this thing here?” said Bieksa, pointing to the Death Star set. Bieksa took it off the wall and paid for it on the spot.

“You began crying,” says Wilson to Prasad.

“It was kind of surreal, because with Kevin Bieksa not even knowing how important this was for Wilson, somehow he knew and got it for him. It changed all of our lives.”

Bieksa took a picture with Wilson – “The picture is so blurry. You look at the picture, and it’s really blurry, but it was a really emotional day,” said Prasad -
and told him to send him a picture when he was done

Driving home, Prasad realized that what was going to be a goodbye gift was turning into something else.

“He said ‘see Jasmine, you can’t leave me now, you have to stay and help me build this thing. We have to build it together.'”

More motivated than ever, Prasad and Wilson’s family researched different ways to extend his funding. Eventually, they found Community Living BC’s Individualized Funding. After many anxious months, their application was approved, giving Wilson two years of additional funding.

During that time, Wilson has had some setbacks. But he’s also volunteered with the Vancouver Police Department, become a certified clown and take electric guitar lessons.

Not to mention finishing a certain Lego Set.

“Without Kevin Bieksa buying that Death Star, I’m not sure this all would have happened,” said Prasad.

“He had a pretty tough disease,” said Bieksa as he looked at the picture of Wilson and his Death Star.

“I just wanted to help him out a little bit. I just tried to help out around the holidays. It’s a pretty amazing accomplishment.”

“What an amazing man.”

Last edited by murd0c; 12-12-2014 at 07:01 AM.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:11 AM   #796
RS controls my life!

American football fan passes note to man sitting in front of him claiming his pregnant girlfriend is a 'cheat' after 'spotting her sending romantic texts to another man during the game'
Man named Lye witnessed the woman sending the seemingly-adulterous texts while attending a recent Detroit Lions football game
Claims he decided to intervene and hand the woman's apparent boyfriend a handwritten note, telling him to look through her phone
Posted picture of the woman and the note online, and the photos have now gone viral
Lye received backlash over the move, with many criticizing him for potentially putting the woman at risk for physical abuse

Read more: Detroit Lions fan passes note to man claiming his girlfriend is a 'cheat' | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
I believe cars are meant to be driven. I see zero point in having a beautiful car and never driving it. Might as well have Miranda Kerr in your bed and sleeping on the ground cause you don't want to fudge her mascara...

We go through our entire lives being told what to do every step of the way. The garage was always the one place where you could indulge in your own passion, with not a care for the outside world.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:59 AM   #797
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
^I would never do anything like that. You have absolutely no idea what the situation is. I try my best never to judge others. It's their business, not mine. Plus, it's kind of rude to read what's on other people's phones, laptop, or computer. I hate people who purposely go out of their way to see what's on the screen.

Isn't there a football game to watch? Must have been a boring game.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 09:04 AM   #798
In RS I Trust

It was a Bears game so no question it was boring
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2014, 09:06 AM   #799
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
^I would never do anything like that. You have absolutely no idea what the situation is. I try my best never to judge others. It's their business, not mine. Plus, it's kind of rude to read what's on other people's phones, laptop, or computer. I hate people who purposely go out of their way to see what's on the screen.

Isn't there a football game to watch? Must have been a boring game.
if that was your pregnant girlfriend would you want to know?
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
I believe cars are meant to be driven. I see zero point in having a beautiful car and never driving it. Might as well have Miranda Kerr in your bed and sleeping on the ground cause you don't want to fudge her mascara...

We go through our entire lives being told what to do every step of the way. The garage was always the one place where you could indulge in your own passion, with not a care for the outside world.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2014, 11:23 AM   #800
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
if that was your pregnant girlfriend would you want to know?
^ exactly. Sounds like another soon-to-be single mother or broken home
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote