REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   I like to Ride my Bicycle... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/598760-i-like-ride-my-bicycle.html)

azncreationz 11-26-2012 09:00 PM

^ Shoulda went to the Sugoi sale!

I went 3 times over the weekend, and picked up more gear. Sunday was good, no line up, and extra 10% off. All the custom stuff was 2 for 1 as well, so if you didn't care too much what was on the jersey, it was an awesome deal.
Now I just got to get out and ride!

604CEFIRO 11-29-2012 04:31 PM

FYI la Bicicletta are selling some full carbon Focus Cayo 3.0 (105 group) for $1700 in size medium 54

Good deal. It might include a bike fit too

Check their fb club site
Posted via RS Mobile

UFO 11-29-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benwang (Post 8091193)
what did u buy?

3 sets of bib shorts/jerseys for about $80 total. Arm warmers, some socks. They had lots of good quality stuff on sale, I just didn't have the patience nor money to find more of the great deals. I had to dig around to find my deals. Wife got lots of casual and sporty daily wear clothes. She went back and got 20 pairs of socks for 20 bucks on Sunday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by azncreationz (Post 8091646)
^ Shoulda went to the Sugoi sale!

I went 3 times over the weekend, and picked up more gear. Sunday was good, no line up, and extra 10% off. All the custom stuff was 2 for 1 as well, so if you didn't care too much what was on the jersey, it was an awesome deal.
Now I just got to get out and ride!

How was the size selection on Sunday? 2 for 1 on the custom stuff would be a great deal if the sizing was still ok.

bcrdukes 11-29-2012 10:55 PM

Is their warehouse a retail location or simply a big box warehouse?

UFO 11-29-2012 10:59 PM

Just a typical warehouse no retail whatsoever, once a year they do the factory sale. I had only heard about it prior to this year, but I can understand why its so damn popular now.

azncreationz 11-30-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

How was the size selection on Sunday? 2 for 1 on the custom stuff would be a great deal if the sizing was still ok.
Obviously, it was picked over quite a bit. They did pull out more Helium Jackets and such. Too bad for me since I bought one on the Friday. There were quite a few Large custom jerseys, and swim trunks, so I took advantage of that. I don't really care what I train in.
Next big 'bike' related sale, I would say is the South Shore sale in Delta in the spring, so start your saving now!

bcrdukes 11-30-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azncreationz (Post 8094891)
Next big 'bike' related sale, I would say is the South Shore sale in Delta in the spring, so start your saving now!

Details, please!

PHATFLIP_14 11-30-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 8095036)
Details, please!

I second this. Thanks in advance.

kayceeee 12-02-2012 08:06 AM

just a general sizing question,

how does bike road shoes size compare to regular running sneakers?

looking to get a set of clipless pedals and shoes for next season. found clipless pedals to be quite a bit cheaper but worried about buying shoes online.

any general sizing tips?

thanks

acrophobia 12-02-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayceeee (Post 8096350)
just a general sizing question,

how does bike road shoes size compare to regular running sneakers?

looking to get a set of clipless pedals and shoes for next season. found clipless pedals to be quite a bit cheaper but worried about buying shoes online.

any general sizing tips?

thanks

I was wondering the same thing this season and quickly discovered that unless you can try on the exact model you have found online, you are better off to buy local. I found the sizing to be all over the map between brands and even between models of the same brand. Save yourself the sore feet and try them on first. :)

kayceeee 12-02-2012 11:29 AM

yeah i was thinking of buying the shoes locally and then cleats n pedals online.

unless i can find the exact shoe online for significantly cheaper like you said

bcrdukes 12-02-2012 01:05 PM

Different brands of shoes have different profiles of sizing. Sidi shoes generally have a narrow, European fit while Northwave shoes have a wider toe box. Some brands you have to size up while some brands are true to fit. Everybody has different feet so I would strongly suggest you try all of them on locally before pulling the trigger for a pair.

azncreationz 12-02-2012 04:52 PM

I agree with BCRDUKES. Go try on a pair in a local store before deciding to buy online. I've a pair of LG shoes in a 41 and they fit perfectly. I ordered a pair of Diadora in 41 and they fit bigger. So, best bet would be to try on first if possible! If not, then make sure whoever you're buying from has a good return policy.

Those asking about the South Shore sale, it comes around every Spring. I'll post up any details if I recieve any info. Basically they set up a couple of tents worth of bikes and clearance gear, and have a big sale. Lots of good deals on last year bikes (road and mountain). Everything else in the store is usually 10-20% off if I remember correctly.

Everyone, be aware if you're shipping anything to The Letter Carrier in Pt. Roberts, they're not accepting anymore shipments currently! There's a thread in off-topic if you haven't seen it. Thankfully, I was down there on Friday and got all my packages in time before the cut-off. Just a heads up if you plan to ship anything there.

604CEFIRO 12-04-2012 11:46 AM

Anyone interested in buying a pair of fake Oakley jawbones?

I'm putting in an order for two pairs. Trying to see if u guys want in so that I could spread the shipping costs over a couple pairs

Free shipping takes 1 month. EMS is a week but costs ~$25usd

Anyone want in? Colors and choices here

100% Authentic OK Jawbone Racing Jacket Cycling Bicycle Bike Outdoor Sports Sun Glasses Eyewear Goggle Sunglasses 3 color lens-in Sunglasses from Apparel & Accessories on Aliexpress.com
Posted via RS Mobile

benwang 12-04-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UFO (Post 8094620)
3 sets of bib shorts/jerseys for about $80 total. Arm warmers, some socks. They had lots of good quality stuff on sale, I just didn't have the patience nor money to find more of the great deals. I had to dig around to find my deals. Wife got lots of casual and sporty daily wear clothes. She went back and got 20 pairs of socks for 20 bucks on Sunday.

most the stuff is gone by sunday. i went 3 days and got bike pants. 5 pairs of socks, 3 pair arm warmers, a pair leg warmer. 1 jersey, 2 jackets

kayceeee 12-04-2012 08:22 PM

any opinions between the shimano r106 shoe vs the northwave fighter sbs? Both feel more or less the same to me. Price point the same as well.

Gonna be getting either one with spd 105 pedals as well on crc.

Any got opinions on the above two shoes?

Thanks
Posted via RS Mobile

604CEFIRO 12-05-2012 04:22 AM

Get overshoes / oversocks if u intend to ride in this current weather or anytime from now until spring...

Your feet will thank u, and if ur getting white shoes, they'll stay white :)
Posted via RS Mobile

bcrdukes 12-05-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayceeee (Post 8098724)
any opinions between the shimano r106 shoe vs the northwave fighter sbs? Both feel more or less the same to me. Price point the same as well.

Gonna be getting either one with spd 105 pedals as well on crc.

Any got opinions on the above two shoes?

Thanks
Posted via RS Mobile

Can't comment on the Fighter SBS but I did like the Northwave Typhoon Evo SBS. Sadly, they did not have my size. :(

If you get the Fighter's, post a review! I'm interested in replacing my Sidi's.

dat_steve 12-05-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 604CEFIRO (Post 8099053)
Get overshoes / oversocks if u intend to ride in this current weather or anytime from now until spring...

Your feet will thank u, and if ur getting white shoes, they'll stay white :)
Posted via RS Mobile

i've learned to just stick with black socks for this reason heh

kayceeee 12-05-2012 01:14 PM

yeah I'm gonna get the fighter. Looking forward to it. Will post reviews but I won't have much to compare to since it's my first pair of cycling shoes.
Posted via RS Mobile

604CEFIRO 12-05-2012 04:19 PM

Those northwave's look pretty attractive.

When i purchased my sidi's, the choice was between giro factors and sidi carbon 5's, and i went with the Sidi's because of the replaceable heel pad.

But imo, most of us casual riders won't notice much differences between brands

However, some brands do fit narrower, other brands offer 'wide' sizes etc.

I'm sure you'll be happy with your choice. Most of the time the choice is cosmetic anyways.

Elements604 12-07-2012 01:14 PM

I'm thinking of buying a road bike. The guy at the store recommended the norco indie 4 for $430.

Do you guys think that's a good deal or should I get something else? My budget is between 300- 500 bucks .

bcrdukes 12-07-2012 02:34 PM

Okay. It's just way too cold to ride out now. I'm throwing in the towel for the season. :okay:

kayceeee 12-07-2012 07:13 PM

just put thru my order on crc. Can't wait till it gets here. Hopefully I won't get taxed. 170$ total for shimano 105 pedals n cleats, nw fighter sbs, and a pair of castelli socks.
Posted via RS Mobile

UFO 12-08-2012 11:43 AM

Hope you remembered to use the discount codes!