REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   I like to Ride my Bicycle... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/598760-i-like-ride-my-bicycle.html)

bcrdukes 04-19-2013 05:13 PM

I don't think I know anybody who has paid more than $100.
Posted via RS Mobile

kayceeee 04-19-2013 05:17 PM

looks like i'll either go there or secret for a fit, and kinetik for installation and tune when my sram arrives.

just kinda annoying to lug my bike out so far from poco lol, if only i had a suv or something.

bcrdukes 04-19-2013 05:29 PM

You might get a deal if you get the labour and fitting done at Pacific Multisport together.
Posted via RS Mobile

kayceeee 04-19-2013 05:35 PM

thanks dukes i'll contact them and check it out.

bcrdukes 04-19-2013 05:42 PM

Let him you know Steve and Mike. He works through referrals best!
Posted via RS Mobile

kayceeee 04-19-2013 06:11 PM

thanks should I ask for anyone specific?
Posted via RS Mobile

604CEFIRO 04-19-2013 07:09 PM

Boooooom. Lovin it! Quality construction.

Can't wait to stunt on Sundays ride

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...ps96545fa3.jpg
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...ps95c09351.jpg
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...ps455260d3.jpg
Posted via RS Mobile

dat_steve 04-19-2013 07:37 PM

damn fits the asian shaped noggins well.

acrophobia 04-19-2013 07:56 PM

^That helmet looks extremely vented and light!

Because I'm terribly indecisive I need some help making a decision. Last year my old (circa 1997) hardtail mtb developed several large cracks in the rear triangle. I looked for an inexpensive, used mtb and found none. I also though about just replacing the frame, but many of the parts are original or worn out and need replacing. I knew I wanted to get into road biking so I ended up with a cross bike that I could road ride but also use to pull my kids in the bike trailer on gravel roads; great idea in theory, but...
Fast forward 6 months and the cross bike is used almost exclusively on the road and now sports a set of slicks. This poses a problem when my wife springs the idea of heading out in 15 mins for a ride with the kids. Swapping over to the cross tires is a pain and is slow. I need to decide if I should keep looking for an older mtb (even older ones go for $300-400) or pick up a second wheelset+cassette for the cross bike so I can just swap wheels depending on the need. It appears that I can pick up a second set of wheels for ~$100 on slowtwich, and the cassette would run me another $70ish.
If road riding is something that I really get hooked on (which I'm sure I will!) then I'll probably be itching for a new road bike in a few years and could use the cross bike as the commuter/kid hauler. But, that's a good few years away from happening and I'm stuck in the here-and-now with $200-300 to spend.
Help me plan my life and spend my money, gentleman. :)

acrophobia 04-19-2013 08:08 PM

I should also mention that I picked up a Portland Design Works Danger Zone tail light and it is really, really bright. I turned it on for my wife from about 4ft away and nearly blinded her, and that was in daylight. There is no way drivers won't miss me from behind, although I'm hoping they won't get so distracted that they drive into me ;)

Ch28 04-19-2013 08:44 PM

604CEFIRO is such a stud. ;)

My wiggle order came in today. The dhb aeron pro bib shorts fit great! They feel so much better than the pearl izumi attack bibs
Posted via RS Mobile

azncreationz 04-19-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acrophobia (Post 8217471)
^That helmet looks extremely vented and light!

Because I'm terribly indecisive I need some help making a decision. Last year my old (circa 1997) hardtail mtb developed several large cracks in the rear triangle. I looked for an inexpensive, used mtb and found none. I also though about just replacing the frame, but many of the parts are original or worn out and need replacing. I knew I wanted to get into road biking so I ended up with a cross bike that I could road ride but also use to pull my kids in the bike trailer on gravel roads; great idea in theory, but...
Fast forward 6 months and the cross bike is used almost exclusively on the road and now sports a set of slicks. This poses a problem when my wife springs the idea of heading out in 15 mins for a ride with the kids. Swapping over to the cross tires is a pain and is slow. I need to decide if I should keep looking for an older mtb (even older ones go for $300-400) or pick up a second wheelset+cassette for the cross bike so I can just swap wheels depending on the need. It appears that I can pick up a second set of wheels for ~$100 on slowtwich, and the cassette would run me another $70ish.
If road riding is something that I really get hooked on (which I'm sure I will!) then I'll probably be itching for a new road bike in a few years and could use the cross bike as the commuter/kid hauler. But, that's a good few years away from happening and I'm stuck in the here-and-now with $200-300 to spend.
Help me plan my life and spend my money, gentleman. :)

If you're using your cross bike as your road bike currently, I would get the older mountain bike as your kid hauler. $300-$400?! I don't know exactly what you're looking to get, but I've bought many used good quality mountain bikes for $200 or less. I don't think you'll need any suspension and full rigid would do the trick. You can even throw some slicks on the mountain bike and use that as the commuter.
How about I sell you one of my old mountain bikes for $250? :fullofwin: Less than your $300, more than my $200...win/win!:woot2:

mc.jolaika 04-19-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 604CEFIRO (Post 8215646)
"Dont be scared homie!" - Nick Diaz

9ish works for me.

I just google mapped Cambie & 33rd to Squamish.... now I'm scared bro

oh damn. just read all the posts. really want to try Squamish this Sunday but i have Sun Run. :okay:

bcrdukes 04-20-2013 02:31 AM

604CEFIRO - How was your shopping experience? :)

604CEFIRO 04-20-2013 05:42 AM

Lol it wasn't too much better than the first time. She just smiled and that was it. She was nice enough to allow me to arrive 10 mins after they closed.

I don't wanna say anymore negative things about her customer service skills. I'm sure she is usually better that what I've experienced.

Attractive boutique store, tiny space, weirdass location, niche product lines, even more expensive than la Bicicletta overall imo bc all they sell is assos and bianchi.

A++ for being an attractive gal.
Posted via RS Mobile

Alphamale 04-20-2013 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 604CEFIRO (Post 8217754)
A++ for being an attractive gal.
Posted via RS Mobile

I was waiting for this to be said.

Spoiler!

:shefap:

bcrdukes 04-20-2013 07:34 AM

Assos, DeMarchi, Willier Triestina, Cinelli, Bianchi, Campagnolo....all expensive boutique stuff.

+1 to being an attractive gal.

Will not shop again.

604CEFIRO 04-20-2013 08:04 AM

You know what I like about Assos though? The materials used! Apparently they developed the technique of sublimation back in the day. And they develop a lot of different materials.

Their jersey, jackets, bibs all use multi panels, multi different fabrics on certain sections for wind proofing, moisture management etc... lots of R&D in their product line...

But its waaaaaaaaaaaaay too .... i dunno what a politically correct word is to describe how someone looks when wearing assos... lol

http://assos.com/fileUpload/images/v141_fuguJack_00.jpg

604CEFIRO 04-20-2013 08:47 AM

Hey Kev! Post a pick of the bibs... If you can, also the pad as well

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch28 (Post 8217518)
My wiggle order came in today. The dhb aeron pro bib shorts fit great! They feel so much better than the pearl izumi attack bibs
Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 04-20-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 604CEFIRO (Post 8217789)
You know what I like about Assos though? The materials used! Apparently they developed the technique of sublimation back in the day. And they develop a lot of different materials.

Their jersey, jackets, bibs all use multi panels, multi different fabrics on certain sections for wind proofing, moisture management etc... lots of R&D in their product line...

But its waaaaaaaaaaaaay too .... i dunno what a politically correct word is to describe how someone looks when wearing assos... lol

http://assos.com/fileUpload/images/v141_fuguJack_00.jpg

michaeljordanlaughing.gif

Ch28 04-20-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 604CEFIRO (Post 8217799)
Hey Kev! Post a pick of the bibs... If you can, also the pad as well

Couldn't really post a good picture of the bibs, because they didn't sit flat.

http://i.imgur.com/HxKV6aI.jpg

The last inch or two (where the coloured strip is) has the stretchy rubber elastic on there with a line of small rubber nubs underneath. These will surely come in handy if you were to have knee/leg warmers on.

Here's a pic of the chamois

http://i.imgur.com/bz3CXs5.jpg

azncreationz 04-20-2013 11:31 AM

So I sold a bike last week, and today I gain 3 more...it's never going to end! AAAAHHHH!!!

dat_steve 04-20-2013 11:58 AM

you sir are a hoarder LOL

chunk_stir 04-20-2013 02:25 PM

Sold my bike today and picked up two yesterday! Ones been I my hands for a day and its on Craigslist already... Hehe...
Posted via RS Mobile

azncreationz 04-20-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dat_steve (Post 8217907)
you sir are a hoarder LOL

Nah, I don't consider myself a hoarder. If I was, I wouldn't be selling any bikes at all. It's more of a hobby...at least that's what I keep telling myself and others. :okay:
On that note, who wants a mountain bike!!!