REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   I like to Ride my Bicycle... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/598760-i-like-ride-my-bicycle.html)

acrophobia 04-16-2013 09:18 PM

I've had my eye on a Niterider Lumina 650 for some time (well, since we had our second kid and my "free time" comes only when they're in bed for the night :)), seems like a great little package: 4 levels, lots of burn time, usb recharge, handlebar + helmet mount, really bright. I had originally thought about something in the 200-350 lumen range but a light that could also be used to mountain bike at night would be sweet. Prices are very good on Amazon.com too, a little over $100 if I remember correctly.

Now that I'm on the road bike more I'm becoming a little self-conscious about using my mtb lid, which looks out of place but also lack the ventilation and light weight that would be beneficial. The Giro Atmos looks sweet, as does the Bell Volt, and both are in the $110 range online. Anyone have experience with them?

bcrdukes 04-16-2013 09:27 PM

Oh, hello. :pokerface:

Alphamale 04-16-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 8214366)

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia...s/9/9e/697.gif

bcrdukes 04-16-2013 10:20 PM

So, I e-mailed Vince Picollo @ 49th Parallel Coffee about sponsoring a team kit. Money was not going to happen since the company rarely, if ever, sponsors or advertises (they simply don't need to so instead, I asked if they would be willing to offer those in full team kit (shorts/jersey) a discount of 10-15% off their menu prices.

Here was his reply:
Quote:

Originally Posted by 49th Parallel Coffee
Hi Mike,

We can do something but is there another way to go about this? Reason is we don't have a discount code programmed in the cafe because its something that gets abused. The only way to do this is to have a manager go to the POS and discount an item.

Problem is the manager isn't always there.

Is there another solution?

Regards,

Vince

Not faulting Vince for his reply. I appreciate the truth and the discount thing is totally understandable. It is his business and I see why/how he has to protect his revenue. (I was once heavily interested in the coffee business.)

I like his shop a lot and a few of us have been hard parking there after rides etc. Perhaps a free drink upgrade? i.e. Medium for the price of a small? Anybody have any other ideas in how we can make this happen? :)

Ch28 04-17-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acrophobia (Post 8214356)

Now that I'm on the road bike more I'm becoming a little self-conscious about using my mtb lid, which looks out of place but also lack the ventilation and light weight that would be beneficial. The Giro Atmos looks sweet, as does the Bell Volt, and both are in the $110 range online. Anyone have experience with them?

I have the Giro Atmos and I love it. It's super lightweight and fits my head perfectly. Ventilation on head is awesome, and I honestly forget I have a helmet on because its that damn comfortable
Posted via RS Mobile

OTG-ZR2 04-17-2013 01:41 AM

Alpha- I don't use a helmet mount light, but the e-bay light I just purchased has a mount/head band to use. The remote battery pack would be kludgy, but it keeps weight off your head.

I'm fine with a handle bar light and I ride in the dead of night. Personal preference I guess.

bcrdukes 04-17-2013 02:38 AM

Quote:

I use a Bell Sweep. Picked mine up at Pacific Multisport on sale in December for $120 - $140'ish? I don't remember but so far, super happy with this helmet. Light weight and excellent ventilation. Nicer than the Atmos/Volt and worth the extra few bucks, IMO.

I believe he still has some on sale.

604CEFIRO 04-17-2013 06:29 AM

Hey acrophobia, not sure if your interested but I'm selling my Giro Atmos. Its in new condition. I bought it in September. It's black, with silver and red accents. Comes with a set of brand new interior lining pads (pads that are attached to the inside of the helmet that sit against ur head), the manual, no box.

Size Medium - $75.00

Holla if you're interested :)

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...pse5c01b00.jpg

Quote:

The Giro Atmos looks sweet, as does the Bell Volt, and both are in the $110 range online. Anyone have experience with them?

Posted via RS Mobile

bcrdukes 04-17-2013 11:43 AM

^
Sweet deal!

acrophobia 04-17-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 604CEFIRO (Post 8214614)
Hey acrophobia, not sure if your interested but I'm selling my Giro Atmos. Its in new condition. I bought it in September. It's black, with silver and red accents. Comes with a set of brand new interior lining pads (pads that are attached to the inside of the helmet that sit against ur head), the manual, no box.

Size Medium - $75.00

Holla if you're interested :)

Posted via RS Mobile

That is a great deal, and I'd be all over it if my head wasn't so big...my melon is a definite large :okay:

acrophobia 04-17-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 8214566)
I use a Bell Sweep. Picked mine up at Pacific Multisport on sale in December for $120 - $140'ish? I don't remember but so far, super happy with this helmet. Light weight and excellent ventilation. Nicer than the Atmos/Volt and worth the extra few bucks, IMO.

I tried on a Sweep and really liked it too. Shops here are bloody expensive; Sweep is $175, Volt is $210, and Atmos is $220. I can't afford NOT to by used or online.

bcrdukes 04-17-2013 01:15 PM

^
Give John @ Pacific Multisport a call and see if he still has them. I think he's trying to clear the inventory and I was there yesterday so I did see a handful of them in the showroom. Keep in mind, what he has is 2012 stock if that matters to you but for me, a deal was a deal. :D

Edit: Oh crap, you're not in Vancouver. Maybe he'll ship direct?

dat_steve 04-17-2013 01:33 PM

pain in my left leg right in a tendon right behind my knee...i think i fuxed it up while practicing skidding on my fix lol either that or my riding position is way off and in that case i can't wait to be properly fitted this week

604CEFIRO 04-17-2013 01:42 PM

hipster fail.

bcrdukes 04-17-2013 02:01 PM

^
Sig'ed :rofl:

Ch28 04-17-2013 02:10 PM

:lol
Posted via RS Mobile

dat_steve 04-17-2013 03:03 PM

:okay:

604CEFIRO 04-17-2013 04:11 PM

How are everyone's legs coming along this season?

If sunday's weather holds dry, i'm looking to do a Whytcliff, or possibly farther ride... ie// towards Squamish.

Major posh suffering involved

bcrdukes 04-17-2013 04:32 PM

I am out. Spending a week in LA. Wanted to ride the Cinelli too. :okay:
Posted via RS Mobile

tipy 04-17-2013 05:17 PM

anyone riding this sunday?

hud 91gt 04-17-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 604CEFIRO (Post 8215000)

If sunday's weather holds dry, i'm looking to do a Whytcliff, or possibly farther ride... ie// towards Squamish.

Text me and force me off my couch! if it's not raining... haha

azncreationz 04-17-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 8214566)

Ha, that's funny, because I have the Bell Sweep but IMO, I think the Atmos is nicer! But I can't complain too much, I paid $50 for my Sweep. Don't know how you & all you other guys can afford the full retail prices!

With that said, I have a Limar helmet for sale, WORLD'S LIGHTEST helmet, even says so right on it! hahaha...

bcrdukes 04-18-2013 01:38 AM

Ok, Vince from 49th Parallel is down with the idea of the free upgrade and/or discount but only when we show up to the shop in full team kit.

he's sending me the artwork and I'll have my sister work up a draft of what the jersey COULD look like.

any input would be awesome! :)

Alphamale 04-18-2013 04:10 AM

I'm out for this Sunday. Picked up a gig volunteering for the Sun Run looking out for suspicious activity, LOL.

Have fun, boys.

dat_steve 04-18-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 604CEFIRO (Post 8215000)

i'm probably down for a long-ish ride sunday. need to redeem myself since our last outing lol