REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-14-2010, 05:12 PM   #376
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
I was reading the Province newspaper if someone steals your car and gets caught going 40 over the speed limit it your car gets impounded and you have to wait 7 days to get your car back.
And you have to pay $401 for 7 days impound fee.
Advertisement
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:32 AM   #377
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
SE Marine yesterday on the way home from work, flow of traffic past a radar trap was 80-85 in a 50. Cop with the gun didn't even flinch, but a whole 5km/h faster and I bet someone would have gotten raped just because they can
My RCMP officer friends are sticking with the 50 over gets you impounded, giving people some leeway for inaccurate speedos and radar readings. The media has been confirming this is the case too.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:34 AM   #378
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post
Would you dare to question a bunch of power tripping cops? I sure wouldn't.They would most definately tell you "we are the cops,were allowed to do it",they act like the law does not apply to them 90% of the time.
Motorcycles are allowed to ride "2 up", so what the motorcycle cops do is completely legal. There is something wrong/missing with the original incident.

Quote:
I see them doing illegal shit all the time during non emergency situations.
If they do not have their lights/sirens on when doing so, grab the cruiser # and file a complaint. Nothing will change unless you point it out.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:55 AM   #379
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
Motorcycles are allowed to ride "2 up", so what the motorcycle cops do is completely legal. There is something wrong/missing with the original incident.

If they do not have their lights/sirens on when doing so, grab the cruiser # and file a complaint. Nothing will change unless you point it out.
I see motorcycle cops riding side by side all the time,rarely do I see them 2 up.

I have seen cops talking on the cell phone while driving numerous times,smoking in the vehicle and flicking the cigarette butt out the window,not wearing seat belts,not coming to a complete stop while entering a stop sign,not letting pedestrians cross when pedestrians are present....speeding in a school zone during school hours.

The worst case I've seen is,cops sitting at a traffic light late at night,does not want to wait for the light to change,the officer flashes his lights,runs the red light and turns his lights off when he reaches the other side.

I could not be bothered to report them,it won't make a difference anyways,the VPD is so corrupt,I'm pretty sure internal affairs is just as corrupt as the VPD,so nothing will get done.

How do the cops expect the citizens to obey the laws,when the people that inforce the laws don't follow them too.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2010, 11:15 AM   #380
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
I see motorcycle cops riding side by side all the time,rarely do I see them 2 up.
Sorry, this is what I meant by 2 up. It is legal for 2 motorcycles to ride side by side, not for 3 or more.

Quote:
I could not be bothered to report them,it won't make a difference anyways,the VPD is so corrupt,I'm pretty sure internal affairs is just as corrupt as the VPD,so nothing will get done.
If you won't file a report, stop complaining. Nothing worse than someone who constantly complains yet does nothing about it.

VPD is not as corrupt as you think. My roommate works with them all the time, there are lots of great cops, and a few bad ones. Report the bad ones and there will be less.

Quote:
How do the cops expect the citizens to obey the laws,when the people that inforce the laws don't follow them too.
You do know cops are allowed to break certain laws in the interest of policing, right?

Quote:
The worst case I've seen is,cops sitting at a traffic light late at night,does not want to wait for the light to change,the officer flashes his lights,runs the red light and turns his lights off when he reaches the other side.
Yet your next complaint will be VPD does not do enough policing. The officer is allowed to break the rules of the road when his lights and sirens are on. Yes it sucks gets special privileges while we have to wait and I wish I had the same special privileges - yet his job is to patrol, and wasting time at red lights is less time spent patrolling neighbourhoods.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:53 PM   #381
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
You do know cops are allowed to break certain laws in the interest of policing, right?

Yet your next complaint will be VPD does not do enough policing. The officer is allowed to break the rules of the road when his lights and sirens are on. Yes it sucks gets special privileges while we have to wait and I wish I had the same special privileges - yet his job is to patrol, and wasting time at red lights is less time spent patrolling neighbourhoods.
More to the point, many laws have specific exceptions for emergency vehicles... so a cop flicking his lights on, going through a red, then turning them off, is not actually illegal if there are circumstances that call for it. He may, for example, be on his way to a call that requires a "silent running" approach, while he IS required to use his emergency lights when going through a red.

As has been pointed out many, many times, unless you are privy to the full circumstances of what you witness, you shouldn't be so quick to judge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:11 PM   #382
Banned (ABWS)

GreddySpaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:12 PM   #383
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Sorry, this is what I meant by 2 up. It is legal for 2 motorcycles to ride side by side, not for 3 or more.

If you won't file a report, stop complaining. Nothing worse than someone who constantly complains yet does nothing about it.

VPD is not as corrupt as you think. My roommate works with them all the time, there are lots of great cops, and a few bad ones. Report the bad ones and there will be less.

I think you should clean off your chin.
GreddySpaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-26-2010, 07:18 PM   #384
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
The officer is allowed to break the rules of the road when his lights and sirens are on. Yes it sucks gets special privileges while we have to wait and I wish I had the same special privileges - yet his job is to patrol, and wasting time at red lights is less time spent patrolling neighbourhoods.
Coper told me they can do it with or without their lights... I got to deal with a cool cop friday night, I was drunk as shit so i don't remember much but he was cool. My friend got a shitty cop, kept giving him grief when it me and this other guy who were goin at it.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:40 PM   #385
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

just got my excessive speeding ticket. impounded for 7 days.

on the article, it says something about 'financial hardship'.

Im a student who has to go to chiropractor, physiotherapy and school.... I got t boned a month ago. I cant live without a car, yet they say 'too bad, its gone for 7 days'. I cant afford to pay it, and I wasnt excessively speeding. I cant do anything but dispute it and wait......
sebTeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:49 PM   #386
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebTeggy View Post

Im a student who has to go to chiropractor, physiotherapy and school.... I got t boned a month ago. I cant live without a car, yet they say 'too bad, its gone for 7 days'. I cant afford to pay it, and I wasnt excessively speeding. I cant do anything but dispute it and wait......
I bet you won't do that again, lesson learned.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2011, 01:14 PM   #387
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I bet you won't do that again, lesson learned.

soo no thoughts on the financial hardship in the article onpg1?
sebTeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:24 PM   #388
Kick' In' Duh' Bass

Thanked 1,692 Times in 405 Posts
Quote:

The more reason to go Hella Flush and Ride Low n Slow

> 2005 Acura TSX ASPEC <
> 2003 Acura RSX-S <
> 1994 Acura Intergra LS <
> 1994 Honda Civic SI <
> 1991 Acura Integra GS < ( RIP )
-EuroRSN- is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #389
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:

My understanding is that the vehicle impounds are only being issued for speeds more than 50 kmh over the limit....giving you 10 into the 40 plus excessive territory before they seize. So how fast were you going, keeping in mind that they may have targeted your speed before you realized and hit the brakes? Are you telling us that you were not exceeding the posted limit/
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #390
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,430 Times in 977 Posts
Quote:

so you got a ticket, disputed it saying you have financial hardship, they denied your dispute, and now you're disputing that again? confused here.

i got an excessive speeding ticket last yr and disputed it but luckily it was just before the impoundment rule. however i will be paying the nose for it when it comes back.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:51 PM   #391
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
soo no thoughts on the financial hardship in the article onpg1?
Nah dude, I was brought up with the mantra if you can't do the time don't do the crime. If I was in your position I'd either suck it up and pay the fines or I would I buy a bus pass. You done fucked up now you have to be held accountable. We all make mistakes, learn from it and move on.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2011, 01:55 PM   #392
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
My understanding is that the vehicle impounds are only being issued for speeds more than 50 kmh over the limit....giving you 10 into the 40 plus excessive territory before they seize. So how fast were you going, keeping in mind that they may have targeted your speed before you realized and hit the brakes? Are you telling us that you were not exceeding the posted limit/
x2

He actually had 0-50 over to think about what he was doing, not just 40-50.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #393
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
i had 2 speeding tickets in the past ... just the regular ones not excessive and ive learned my lesson

fuck i do not want to go into probation or anything that will cause me to lose my license
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:10 PM   #394
My homepage has been set to RS

Be a man and pay your ticket. If you can't afford it you'd better get a night job or something. Too many people wasting the court's time by disputing tickets that they're clearly guilty for.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:40 PM   #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstoner View Post
fuck i do not want to go into probation or anything that will cause me to lose my license
I'm sure you just typed it wrong but probation doesn't mean you lose your licence.

Oh another note. Who here's been doing 35-38km/h over the seed limit?
Old 03-15-2011, 05:21 PM   #396
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
I'm sure you just typed it wrong but probation doesn't mean you lose your licence.

Oh another note. Who here's been doing 35-38km/h over the seed limit?
I got a digital speedometer so that's what I've been doing....88km/h in city and 128km/h on the 91 LOL

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2011, 05:37 PM   #397

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I got a digital speedometer so that's what I've been doing....88km/h in city and 128km/h on the 91 LOL
Don't forget 118 in contruction zones on hwy 1! hahah.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:50 PM   #398
Banned (ABWS)

when i speed, i stay between 30-35 over
baggdis300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:23 PM   #399

I'm in Alberta, I can go pedal to the metal all day long

Not that I do anymore these days.... I used to rock an escort radar on the windshield, rip it from Calgary to Vancouver in 7 and a half hrs, and lived with a +25% insurance surcharge. Nowadays I keep my vehicles tinted dark all the way around, bump the beats and just glide through traffic nice and slow... why rush? It's not worth it anymore - all the odds are stacked against you. You might as well just chill out and enjoy the privilege of driving.

REVscene.net - Vancouver's #1 Automotive Forum and Classified's Site!

Interested in advertising with REVSCENE? Join our roster of Brian Jessel BMW, EBISU Robson, Blitz Gear, Soundworks, and dozens of the Lower Mainlands BUSIEST and most SUCCESSFUL small and medium businesses! Let us take you to the next level with our Incredibly affordable and effective packages Advertisement@revscene.net

Last edited by CanadaGoose; 03-15-2011 at 08:28 PM.
CanadaGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: