REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-04-2010, 12:52 PM   #126
Banned (ABWS)

Mods, are you guys' stupid? You delete my comment calling him a baby, but you keep his comment making fun of everyone's linguistic skills? You guys are pathetic.

Edit: You'll probably realize now how dumb you are, so you'll probably delete this comment too, and furthermore, ban me.
Advertisement
JiggaZed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-04-2010, 01:01 PM   #127
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Damn taylor. You eff'ed up. Done. GG'd.
From someone who was happy to see his return. Thanks. Too combative and insulting.

Kev
Old 09-04-2010, 01:49 PM   #128
I am grateful grapefruit

What I think would be a good idea is a speed limit that changes due to weather conditions. While I agree that driving a speed limit on some of the roads is slow on a nice and sunny day, when it's raining or snowing out - I find there are way too many idiots who are going fast even if they can't see a few in front of their cars.

I've seen it before (can't remember which country), but they have a real time board displaying the speed limit, they would lower it if the weather conditions called for slower speeds. In good weather and clearer roads, they could raise up the speeds.
gars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:58 PM   #129
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gars View Post
What I think would be a good idea is a speed limit that changes due to weather conditions. While I agree that driving a speed limit on some of the roads is slow on a nice and sunny day, when it's raining or snowing out - I find there are way too many idiots who are going fast even if they can't see a few in front of their cars.

I've seen it before (can't remember which country), but they have a real time board displaying the speed limit, they would lower it if the weather conditions called for slower speeds. In good weather and clearer roads, they could raise up the speeds.
Actually there is a rule that if you crash because of the conditions you will be ticketed and fined accordingly. The tickets include "Driving to fast for conditions" and "Driving with undue care and attention" to name a couple. It's your responsibility as a driver to navigate the streets safely.

Berz out.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:37 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggaZed View Post
Mods, are you guys' stupid? You delete my comment calling him a baby, but you keep his comment making fun of everyone's linguistic skills? You guys are pathetic.

Edit: You'll probably realize now how dumb you are, so you'll probably delete this comment too, and furthermore, ban me.
Your post was edited because of the flaming right after two mods warned about keeping the thread clean. All the previous posts were left because it's a waste of time to go through and edit them all, we have lives you know. His posts were left and instead he won't be posting at all anymore. We don't need his garbage attitude on here.

I know you were trying to be funny, but next time listen. This is an important topic and we need it to stay in this forum not fight club.

Back on topic.

Thanks

REVscene.net - Vancouver's #1 Automotive Forum and Classified's Site!

Interested in advertising with REVSCENE? Join our roster of Brian Jessel BMW, EBISU Robson, Blitz Gear, Soundworks, and dozens of the Lower Mainlands BUSIEST and most SUCCESSFUL small and medium businesses! Let us take you to the next level with our Incredibly affordable and effective packages Advertisement@revscene.net
CanadaGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-04-2010, 02:43 PM   #131
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

I was talking to a couple buddies about this last night... All the guys with bikes and fast cars said they just wont be stopping..
Old 09-04-2010, 02:57 PM   #132
Banned (BBM)

i drove with the flow of traffic this morning to richmond, cruising thru columbia street. And guess what? speed limite is 30km thru out new west area on columbia street, and everyone was going 60-70km.

Highway 91 i decided to follow the speed limite this morning and it was 90km. Everyone were either tailgating me or passing me than cut me off. Even a 95 EG civic is cutting me off

go figure
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:16 PM   #133
I am grateful grapefruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Actually there is a rule that if you crash because of the conditions you will be ticketed and fined accordingly. The tickets include "Driving to fast for conditions" and "Driving with undue care and attention" to name a couple. It's your responsibility as a driver to navigate the streets safely.
But I've never heard of them giving out those tickets UNTIL you get in an accident. It shouldn't take an accident to tell some idiot that going the speed limit on a highway in heavy fog or snow or rain is dangerous.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:51 PM   #134
I am grateful grapefruit

just a thought that came into my head - for discussion...

i know that most people on this board, if they speed, they'll do it on an empty road when nobody is around. But what about the people who are going insane speeds when people are around? I'm sure everybody has seen the idiot going 160 down the highway, even if there was traffic around.

How do you differentiate between the enthusiast who does speed up a little but is smarter and able to do it in a safer manner, and the guys who do it in broad daylight? because the idiots who make the roads unsafe, tailgaiting, swerving in and out of lanes (something that usually comes hand in hand) honestly does deserve to get his car impounded.

laws are supposed to be absolute (of course police officers can hand out warnings as opposed to an actual ticket), but how can you write a law and only enforce it partially?
Old 09-04-2010, 03:57 PM   #135
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
So I just got home from work. I left PoCo at 6am.

-speed limit on Hwy 1 to N. Van @ 6am = 80km/hr - flow of traffic = 110km/hr
-drove home at 9:30am, same shit
-drove to Steveston/5rd at 10:30am - Hwy 91 (Connector) = 80km/hr - flow of traffic = 110-120km/hr

There was absolutely no one doing the limit or anything close to it - NOT ONE PERSON. Does that mean 100% of the drivers I was around were reckless? FUUUCK NO!!! It's obvious the speed limit is wrong.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:43 PM   #136
Banned (BBM)

thats exactly what im saying

no one follows the speed limite, so dont throw the book at those that thinks its bullshit. Because bitch please, no one follows that garbage until a cop shows within sight

Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:01 PM   #137
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
so if the speed limit were to be raised, will every follow it? or will everyone drive 20km faster than the posted sign again.

hwy99 posted speed limit is 100 south of tunnel. average speed 110-120 still
it will work..maybe 6months to a year. then things will move faster.
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:05 PM   #138
agm
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penner2k View Post
I was talking to a couple buddies about this last night... All the guys with bikes and fast cars said they just wont be stopping..
you can outrun the police car but can you outrun the radio?

im tempted to research the speeding laws so i can see if i can get the same penalty for doing 300km/h in a 90 zone as i would for doing 40 over.

unfortunately im pretty sure they would just tack on 2-5 more charges, something like excessive speeding, and wreckless driving, driving without due care and attention, add on a humungus fine, take away my licence, etc.

just like prior to sept 20th dont speed excessively when people are around and you will continue to get away with it 20 times before you're caught once (on average).
agm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:21 PM   #139
agm
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:

i know that most people on this board, if they speed, they'll do it on an empty road when nobody is around. But what about the people who are going insane speeds when people are around? I'm sure everybody has seen the idiot going 160 down the highway, even if there was traffic around.

How do you differentiate between the enthusiast who does speed up a little but is smarter and able to do it in a safer manner, and the guys who do it in broad daylight? because the idiots who make the roads unsafe, tailgaiting, swerving in and out of lanes (something that usually comes hand in hand) honestly does deserve to get his car impounded.

laws are supposed to be absolute (of course police officers can hand out warnings as opposed to an actual ticket), but how can you write a law and only enforce it partially?
valid points,
one of my friends was doing about 200 in a 50 zone once and of course got pulled over, and the police officer gave him normal speeding ticket instead of a gut wrenching penalty.

i KNOW it will turn out in similar fashion here,
most of the time they will probably give you a normal ticket unless they are in a mad mood, or you are a d-bag punk driver, or you just were speeding in bad taste.
its probably less paperwork.

i wonder if the impound lots will be 99% full at all times? lol
agm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:03 PM   #140
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstn86 View Post
here's a simple solution

if you want to speed and get ticketed + fined + points + impounded then sure, go ahead.

if you don't, then just don't speed!

so simple! what's there to be furious about?

people will just sit there and bitch bitch bitch all day long.

would you rather have this "stupid" law OR have the government

a) put 110km/h governor on all the vehicles on the road (since the max speed limit is 100 anyways)

b) install GPS monitoring devices on all the vehicles so they can track how fast they are traveling at any time?

just don't speed. WOW is that so hard not to follow? what are you? 16? super excited to drive for the first time and need to impress your friends? -__-

/end rant
1) I find that people who share your opinion either drive crappy cars that are more of a danger to other road users who drive at a reasonable and prudent speed (which can be 40km/h over the limit) or
2) People who are mentally slow and have difficulty processing multiple bits of information.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:05 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
valid points,
one of my friends was doing about 200 in a 50 zone once and of course got pulled over, and the police officer gave him normal speeding ticket instead of a gut wrenching penalty.

i KNOW it will turn out in similar fashion here,
most of the time they will probably give you a normal ticket unless they are in a mad mood, or you are a d-bag punk driver, or you just were speeding in bad taste.
its probably less paperwork.

i wonder if the impound lots will be 99% full at all times? lol
Wishful thinking. The cop will enjoy nothing more than to see your car impounded. Most traffic cops especially the older ones are a miserable lot.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:07 PM   #142

Quote:

That's not speeding that's driving without due care and attention...if an accident is involved and there are injuries, that's dangerous driving. Again the penalties for speeding are way more extreme than the effect on society.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:13 PM   #143
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Quote:

160 on the highway isn't that fast....
Old 09-04-2010, 09:46 PM   #144
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
No.. But it's not very smart/safe.

Unless there's no cars around, driving 160 on a highway when there's other cars doing a combination of 80-120 is asking for it.

I just wish the towing was at the discretion of the cop, in regards to how irratic the driver was or the traffic environment at the time.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:48 PM   #145
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
1) I find that people who share your opinion either drive crappy cars that are more of a danger to other road users who drive at a reasonable and prudent speed (which can be 40km/h over the limit) or
2) People who are mentally slow and have difficulty processing multiple bits of information.
Not really. I'll admit that I do speed, though usually when it's late at night and there's no one on the road. Even then, I've sorta phased myself out of "excessive" speeding. I was driving my buddy's DB9 a short while back and though it was fun to see what it was capable of speed wise, I found myself realizing that there was really no point to it. To make myself even more glad I came to that point, a couple miles down the road from where I was riding a couple deer were standing in the middle of the road in a bend. If I had continued on at the speed I was going, there was no way I could have stopped in time.

That's something people tend not to think about - wildlife on the road. Sure, night time is all good and all for a little bit of spirited driving, but when you're bombing down back roads or even up in the mountains, you can come across deer, bears, raccoons and a bunch of other critters in the middle of the road when you least expect it. Sure, there's no people walking on the side, but animals can be just as dangerous, if not more. A deer ran into the side of my MX6 while I was going a measly 20km/hr and it left a huge dent in my fender. I can't imagine what would have happened if I was going faster and it ran out in front of me at the last moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
Wishful thinking. The cop will enjoy nothing more than to see your car impounded. Most traffic cops especially the older ones are a miserable lot.
Yes and no. I've had lots of cops give me a simple warning ticket or even just flash their lights at me to let me know they've caught what I'm doing, yet simply continue on down the road once they see my speed drop. On the other hand, I've had a cop give me two full pages worth of tickets and warnings for things that I'm sure 99% of the other officers on the road would have looked the other way for. It really all does depend on the officer in question.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:50 PM   #146
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
For many parts of Hwy 1 and even Hwy 99, no. Right now, though, you have to be stupid to think about going those speeds at night on number one. As I mentioned earlier, there are dozens of people working on the other side of a barrier that's often no higher than waist height. One wrong move, one person ahead of you misjudging your speed as you come up to them, and you'll find yourself climbing that barrier and possibly into a group of workers.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:51 PM   #147
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I look forward to reading the first post (likely on Sept 21st..?) in the Police forum...

"I got caught for excessive speeding, my (parent's) car got impounded, can I fight it?"

lol..
Old 09-05-2010, 09:10 AM   #148
I am grateful grapefruit

Quote:
no, but when there is traffic on the road, it is very fast. that's my point is that if the road was empty, it's no big deal, but for you to be screaming past traffic at 160, it's dangerous.

or as Lomac says - going 160 past construction sites.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:54 AM   #149
Ye olde moderator

Thanked 1,278 Times in 390 Posts
I am pretty sure that cops will not be handing out the excessive ticket and impounding your car every chance they get. It takes a lot of time waiting for a two truck, doing all the paperwork and of course knowing that you will probably fight it later and see them in court.

Its more for dicks that speed in school and construcution zones, are driving recklessly, racing or roadrage, mouthing off once they get pulled over or just plain stupidity. I am sure all of the latter points are reserved for the most special douchebags and perhaps they deserve the ticket.

Sales and Installer at Certified Auto Sound
Maple Ridge, BC
orgasm_donor is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2010, 11:12 AM   #150
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Just be glad we don't live in Ontario, the speeding rules are even stricter but it seems like this Province might be heading in the same direction.

And I don't know one person that actual does the speed limit on the highway. Like for example, I was driving from Vancouver to Surrey and before the Alex Fraser bridge they have a construction zone with a max speed limit of 90, lol good luck doing 90 and not been forced off the road. I was doing 110 and I was barely keeping up with traffic.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote