REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #251
straight from the fields of squamton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
And THAT is exactly why the impoundment is being added - jerks like you who think it's just fine to just suck up the fine as the price for going stupidly fast with no regard for the rest of society.

Slow the fuck down and you won't have to worry about it. Simple enough concept?

jerks like him who live in small rural areas that have amazing highways with speed limits made for cars built in the 1970s.

There wouldn't be so many issues if the speed limits were on par with what they should be!

No one here is complaining about not being able to go 70+ through a school zone at 9am, or the fines for going 200 down kingsway!

have you never been on a road where you say "wow this feels too slow"?

take the sea to sky for example. northbound through lions bay is a 60 zone. sure people live there and they have 2 or 3 on ramps, but so does Highway 1 through west van and it's a 90 zone.
back to lions bay, once you leave lions bay you continue north on this nice freshly paved highway with a divider for a few more KMs with no houses to be seen, 4 lanes wide.... STILL a 60 zone, until you reach the narrow more dangerous 2 lane section with windy corners and no barrier. well that's a 80km/h zone. Thats where a head on collision just took place last week. If you can go 80 (slow as fuck) through that windy canyon, why can'y you go 80 or 90 through the lions bay-windy point section they have set at 60?

to make things worse, it should be a 80-90 zone, add the 10km/h over that everyone but soundy does, and you're getting impounded for driving a reasonable speed on a brand new stretch of road with a barrier set up in the middle.

so to disagree with your jerk comment, grow up a bit man. the problem isn't with speeding, it's with fucked up speed limits!
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2010, 05:29 PM   #252
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990TSI View Post
have you never been on a road where you say "wow this feels too slow"?

take the sea to sky for example. northbound through lions bay is a 60 zone. sure people live there and they have 2 or 3 on ramps, but so does Highway 1 through west van and it's a 90 zone.
back to lions bay, once you leave lions bay you continue north on this nice freshly paved highway with a divider for a few more KMs with no houses to be seen, 4 lanes wide.... STILL a 60 zone, until you reach the narrow more dangerous 2 lane section with windy corners and no barrier. well that's a 80km/h zone. Thats where a head on collision just took place last week. If you can go 80 (slow as fuck) through that windy canyon, why can'y you go 80 or 90 through the lions bay-windy point section they have set at 60?
I agree those few kms should not be 60 kmph.

There is a process to request a road be evaluated, or at least there was in Ontario. My brother is a civil engineer and was familiar with the rules for why roads are designated with certain speeds. If you can find these rules for BC and prove that section does not fall into the rules for 60 kmph you can petition to have it evaluated. I'm willing to bet the lower speed limit is leftover from before the highway was improved.

Thus instead of continuing the complaints, lets be proactive. If you think a speed limit is wrong, find the rules and prove it is.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:28 AM   #253
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggaZed View Post
If the speed limit was 30 kmph everywhere you go, would you follow it?
Umm, yes, actually, because I'm not ballin' like you, and just paying off tickets for the privilege of bieng a self-centered asshole on the road... and also because I REALLY don't want to have my vehicles impounded, and I'm smart enough to figure out the cause-and-effect relationship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:31 AM   #254

Quote:
so to disagree with your jerk comment, grow up a bit man. the problem isn't with speeding, it's with fucked up speed limits!
I don't disagree that the limits in SOME places are possibly too low.... what I disagree with is the attitude that "I'm going to speed all I want and just pay off the tickets, because all that matters is ME". Too many people having this attitude is exactly WHY the penalties have been increased... to (pardon the pun) drive the point home that this sort of self-centered, self-important thinking is not acceptable on the roads.
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2010, 01:01 AM   #255
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
I don't disagree that the limits in SOME places are possibly too low.... what I disagree with is the attitude that "I'm going to speed all I want and just pay off the tickets, because all that matters is ME". Too many people having this attitude is exactly WHY the penalties have been increased... to (pardon the pun) drive the point home that this sort of self-centered, self-important thinking is not acceptable on the roads.
Oh, I still don't care. Although I don't recall going 40 over the limit, impounding my vehicle wouldn't stop me if that's what I do generally do. I have 4 cars and a sports bike sitting at home. I'll simply move onto the next one. And I'm sure most people who don't mind simply paying off HEAVY ticket also have other convenient sources of transportation other than just 1 vehicle.

Last edited by JiggaZed; 09-22-2010 at 01:06 AM.
JiggaZed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2010, 06:13 AM   #256
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,112 Times in 264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggaZed View Post
Oh, I still don't care. Although I don't recall going 40 over the limit, impounding my vehicle wouldn't stop me if that's what I do generally do. I have 4 cars and a sports bike sitting at home. I'll simply move onto the next one. And I'm sure most people who don't mind simply paying off HEAVY ticket also have other convenient sources of transportation other than just 1 vehicle.
Its nice if you have the resources but remember, this is to be a deterrent, not a guaranteed fix. Not everyone can afford to pay for impound fees and hopefully this will change their behavior.

Also, if you were caught doing 40+, u also lose your licence. Get in an accident with a suspended licence =more problems for you.

Pick your poison.
Posted via RS Mobile
Volvo-brickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:40 AM   #257
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,761 Posts
Quote:
Umm, yes, actually, because I'm not ballin' like you, and just paying off tickets for the privilege of bieng a self-centered asshole on the road... and also because I REALLY don't want to have my vehicles impounded, and I'm smart enough to figure out the cause-and-effect relationship.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2010, 08:31 AM   #258
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo-brickster View Post
Also, if you were caught doing 40+, u also lose your licence. Get in an accident with a suspended licence =more problems for you.
I asked this in the police forum, it is not true. The DUI rules include impound and suspension, the excessive speeding rule is only impound.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:15 AM   #259
Banned (BBM)

if you get caught doing 120 km +

dont stop

pedal to the metal
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-22-2010, 09:21 AM   #260
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo-brickster View Post
Assuming you lose your license from too many tickets, well there are poeple who do drive around with no valid license. So getting into an accident without a valid license isn't a concern for them.

On the news last month, there was a guy who was caught DUI because he was driving a van with only 3 tires.
Turns out he was super drunk, and his liscence had been expired for over 30 years.

News article
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:40 AM   #261
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Cops are everywhere yesterday. I got busted in a schoolzone going 40 as I was slowing down >
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-22-2010, 10:12 AM   #262
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
if you get caught doing 120 km +

dont stop

pedal to the metal
I posted it before: if they get your license plate you might as well stop. You are legally required to identify the driver of your vehicle at that time, or face jail time.

Impound or jail, which would you prefer?
Old 09-22-2010, 10:13 AM   #263
I am Hook'd on RS

The cops are really cracking down. Bummer. Cant afford to lose my ride.
stockcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:32 AM   #264
Banned (BBM)

^ too much time in their hand

fuck, raise the god damn highway limites

freaking ridiculous
Old 09-22-2010, 10:52 AM   #265
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
^ too much time in their hand
Time for the gangsters to start shoot each other again and give us our streets back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2010, 11:01 AM   #266
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
I don't diagree the way you drive, just don't make everyone else that might speed feel like a criminal. You should probably clean out your vagina, it sounds like it might be a little sandy
Triple wrap it
the shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2010, 12:14 PM   #267

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
I posted it before: if they get your license plate you might as well stop.
I'm told traffic cops have a saying: "You can't outrun Officer Motorola."
Quote:
Old 09-22-2010, 12:41 PM   #268
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the shocker View Post
I don't diagree the way you drive, just don't make everyone else that might speed feel like a criminal. You should probably clean out your vagina, it sounds like it might be a little sandy

indeed
Old 09-24-2010, 01:37 PM   #269
I don't like cheese but I love milk!

Quote:
I posted it before: if they get your license plate you might as well stop. You are legally required to identify the driver of your vehicle at that time, or face jail time.

Impound or jail, which would you prefer?
I doubt it
I was assaulted by some viet guy in a car once, I took photos of him and his vehicle w/ plate#, called police, filed report, and they took photos of my injury.

The police said they went to the registered owner (older guy, probably the dad), and he simply said he doesn't know who was driving the car, and the police said they cannot do anything about it.
Ferra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:41 PM   #270
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
i think there's a speed trap driving down main street. saw it on my way going home from the airport
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:07 PM   #271
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

does anyone know the actual law, if they get your plate but dont pull you over, can they still issue a ticket later? or even charge you with running away from police?

My Buy/Sell Rating (5-0-0)
Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:29 PM   #272
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
does anyone know the actual law, if they get your plate but dont pull you over, can they still issue a ticket later? or even charge you with running away from police?
Yes.

I've posted it a few times, yet I'm sure a Leo can post the exact law that allows them to do this. You are legally required to identify the driver of your vehicle at a given time, or face jail time.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:43 PM   #273

Quote:
Yes.

I've posted it a few times, yet I'm sure a Leo can post the exact law that allows them to do this.
What, you saying people under other signs don't know anything??
Quote:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-24-2010, 08:29 PM   #274
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Leo = Law Enforcement Officer, guy!
Old 09-24-2010, 08:35 PM   #275

So does that mean I could still be a cop, even though I'm a Cancer??
Quote: